frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is there a link between homophobia and stupidity?

Debate Information

I know I'm turning into Swillow with these debates, but I had to show this transcript of an actual argument on an article on MSN about the killing of an LGBTQ+ advocate. L is me, H is the homophobe.

H - "no support here"
L - "For who?"
H - "for microsoft and u"
L - "Aww, did they block your hateful comment?"
H - "nope you got it wah wah for you"
L - "Look who's the one crying, then maybe you should wonder what went wrong."
H - "nothing is wrong in my life. you feeling not so well. i dont care"
H - "don't know what your problem is . you looking for someone 's attention you're seriously boring me. My opinions mine. you don't like it , the world doesn't revolve around you and noone invited you"
L - "No one invited any of us, we decided to join. Besides, if you condemn people that don't affect you in any way, shape, or form, then we have the right to call you out on it."
H - "No I voiced my opinion and obviously it makes you insecure. go find a corner to grow up in., you know nothing of my life but you like to thing you do. I dont care what you think you have a right to, what matters is what i think"
L - "I'm the one clearly intimidating you. You just are the type of person that likes to act tough, but is very clearly the baby of the argument, resorting to insults and a 'iT's JuST mY opINioN' which is a logical fallacy. I think you're the one that needs to grow up."
H - "you're boring me if I was intimidated i'd let you know. you have to amount to someone or be something"
L - "Funny saying that. You sure can't say so yo yourself, you're here wanting to say the killing was just and you say you have amounted to something. And, those who are intimidated don't usually disclose that they're intimidated."
H - "heshe go cry to luzrs couldn't care less what your problem is hater"
L - "Aaaand there's some more insults from the guy accusing me of hate. And, you appear to be the one hating me here, since you clearly think I'm a hater or whatever insult comes to your mind, yet you call me the hater."
H - "no you said I was making hateful statements so actually you should pay attention to what you been saying hater"
L - "I was pointing out a fact. You're assuming I have a hateful opinion of you, which, if you keep this up, I might lose my clearly higher civility than you."
H - "whatever hater"
L - "Whatever homophobe"
H - Comment was deleted
L - "At least I don't hate on people that are doing something that doesn't affect me, homophobe."
H - Comment was deleted
L - "I'd rather focus on equality than crushing over people, besides, you're doing less for the same outcome of being alone"
H - "blah blah blah"
L - "Thank you for conceding. Hope you realize that equality trumps religion in what would go first."
H - "zzzzzzzzzzzzblah blah blah"
L - "This is actually starting to make me chuckle, your attempts of saving your ego that is."
H - "blah blah blahzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"
L - "Why do you keep digging that hole?"
H - "blah blah blah"

Here's the link to the article if you think this didn't happen: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/killing-of-greek-lgbtq-activist-was-hate-crime-family-says/ar-AAPKUY7?ocid=windirect#comments&commentId=cc29fdab-4564-4a50-87f6-ad0fc7a90699
Blastcat
"I will never change who I am just because you do not approve."

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments