frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Do Theists Shun Medicine more than Atheists?

Debate Information

@dallased25
We see examples of this kind of nonsense all the time, even with the death of children because the parents refused to take the kid to the doctor and instead though prayer would work, but then again, we also see kids dying from preventable diseases from not getting vaccinated due to hysteria and misinformation and some of those nutters are indeed atheists.

Very few. I don't have the statistics but I think that almost all of the anti-vaxers and anti-medicine nutters are indeed theists and/or believers in supernatural phenomena. I base my assumption on the fact that those who have a disposition for taking things at face value and resenting authority will be religious down to the bone. A nutter is a nutter and will invariably do all things nutty.

My wife lost her mother not long ago at the hands of her "nutty" husband (my father-in-law, unfortunately). She suffered badly from intense inner-ear pain and she was gradually becoming blind and deaf. The remedy..."oh no, none of those useless doctors who know nothing".......he would drip candle wax into her ears and feed her on coconut water, manuka honey and some sort of mamby-pamby herbal extract. And what do you know, low and behold the poor woman suffered a "sudden" massive stroke and died soon after...she was extremely emaciated, looked like a skeleton and her skin was grey and blotchy. But in the end (according to that nutty Jehovah-loving father-in-law) "it was God's will".

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments