the idea of separate nations is a bad idea - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally by activity where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

the idea of separate nations is a bad idea

Debate Information

I feel like the separation of the world and the idea of having different nations ruling over different parts of the world is the cause of conflict between people. Wouldn't it be best if all the different presidents and governments came up with laws for the whole world and took out the laws of their "nation" or "country"?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• nonamenoname 2 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: World War I

World War I started because someone from a country murdered the heir of another country.
    But if someone from the same country did that, there would have never been a global conflict.
    This is just one of many examples.
  • DeeDee 4549 Pts   -  
     Wouldn't it be best if all the different presidents and governments came up with laws for the whole world and took out the laws of their "nation" or "country"?

How do you think that would play out with the leader of the caliphate and the “dear “ leader from Noth Korea and their different views on such?  How would  Sharia law fit into communist ideology or even European ideologies? 

Considering in the US the two competing parties agree on very little don’t you think it’s pie in the sky?
  • BlastcatBlastcat 403 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Wishful thinking

noname said:
    I feel like the separation of the world and the idea of having different nations ruling over different parts of the world is the cause of conflict between people. Wouldn't it be best if all the different presidents and governments came up with laws for the whole world and took out the laws of their "nation" or "country"?

Yeah, wouldn't that be nice.
    Try "United Nations".
    Dee
    Argument Topic: War is war

noname said:
    World War I started because someone from a country murdered the heir of another country.
    But if someone from the same country did that, there would have never been a global conflict.
    This is just one of many examples.
    Lets say for the sake of your argument that there is only one world government. That does not preclude disagreements and civil wars. States don't have to be countries to disagree and to wage war.
  • DeeDee 4549 Pts   -  
    @noname

Isn’t hindsight great? That’s not the way the world works , once we have humans there will always be conflict .

Conflict exists anywhere there are humans and it happens in all our lives from birth to death it’s the way of the world 
    Blastcat
    Argument Topic: Dee makes an unverifiable, useless assertion.

Dee said:
    @noname

Isn’t hindsight great? That’s not the way the world works , once we have humans there will always be conflict .

Conflict exists anywhere there are humans and it happens in all our lives from birth to death it’s the way of the world 

1. Unverifiable predictions are useless.
    2. To say that we will always be in conflict would require a time machine to go to a time just after humanity has ended.

3. Therefore, Dee makes an unverifiable, useless assertion.
    Plaffelvohfen

• Off-topic I know but if you were a bot and I knew you were a bot but you didn't would you want me to tell you?
    Blastcat

• DeeDee 4549 Pts   -   edited November 2021
    @Blastcat

Unverifiable predictions are useless.

You claim you love critical thinking yet every time a topic comes up you get caught on the first step by saying something utterly ridiculous , 
    you haven’t a clue about basic philosophical or scientific concepts , I’ve yet to come across someone equally as ignorant as you 

All predictions are unverifiable do you know what the term prediction means?   Your whole life is based on such but as usual you haven't given it any thought have you? 

Did you tell scientists their work is useless , did you tell insurance companies their predictions are useless? How about stock  brokers in New York have you iinformed them ?

2. To say that we will always be in conflict would require a time machine to go to a time just after humanity has ended.

You see unlike you I base my assumptions on the evidence to date which totally supports my claims,  you on ther other hand have not one bit of significant data to suggest otherwise , I base my prediction on expectation going on the evidence to date which you think useless…..man oh man 

3. Therefore, Dee makes an unverifiable, useless assertion.

Incorrect yet another one of your totally flawed and utterly ridiculous contentions , you pay in advance for a holiday that's in the future why as going on your contention it's in the future so unverifiable so why bother? 

Would you like a long list of things that are unverifiable which do you daily which you seem to think are useless as they’re going on assumptions based on predictions regards the future “

Would you like a list of the branch of philosophy/ science I'm talking about ? Would you like me to give the term used for such reasoning and why we all rely on it?

Watch now as Blathermouth flees and attempts to fill in another gap in his grade school education, predictions are that  he will say nothing or learn the term for such reasoning and quickly find famous objections to such he may even name the philosopher  famed for his work in  this area and attempt to go down a road of extreme scepticism ……as you all know I'm being sarcastic here as Blathermouth is as we all know thick as two short planks ….LOL 

Blastcat
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1481 Pts   -  
    There are a lot of "bad ideas" floating around (since _rump!). I think we should worry more about how those who died protecting "our democracy" have somehow become "worthless casualties", instead of "patriots"! The patriots of today prefer an authoritarian government! Who woulda' thunk it!? 

The Star Wars idea of a united world would never happen under authoritarianism!
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 4244 Pts   -  
    I also think that having separate nations is a bad idea, but for the opposite reasons: I do not think that people should form groups that control large territories by coercive means. The ideal world as I see it is a global world of free individuals, with no nations or governments, but only private entities (individuals, businesses, voluntary unions...) that control whatever resources they can accumulate through acquisition and development of natural resources or trade with other individuals.

If there is an American farmer who wants to go over to his friend in Taiwan for a weekend and sell him a few bottle of liquors in exchange for a bit of work on his laptop, no one should have the right to come in between them and say, "Wait a second, you are violating laws X, Y and Z, and you also have not paid a tariff here and a tax there, have not acquired a business license here and a visitor's visa there". It should all be between these two individuals; no "governmental regulations" and no "national borders".

Having one global government and a nation, on the other hand, would be a catastrophe. Today, at least, a person who dislikes living in their nation can move to another (in most cases), as I did. If there is a single global nation and you dislike living in it, your only option is to get on Musk's good side and hope to go to Mars before the hands of the Earth's government reach there. 
    Having one global nation is like having a single producer and seller of apples having a legal monopoly on it. What do you think will happen to the quality, supply and the price of apples if their producer and seller features absolutely zero competition? Multiply this by a million, and you will see what a global nation would result in. Mao's "Cultural Revolution" may look like a paradise in comparison to what would transpire if all the worldly affairs were decided by a small bunch of people sitting in an ivory tower and facing no even theoretical competition.
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1481 Pts   -  
    Regretfully, the idea of "no government" would lead to anarchy. I agree, the concept is tempting, but, sadly, we are human beings and thus incapable of the arrangement.  
    Plaffelvohfen