What is the root cause of racism in the society? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally by activity where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

What is the root cause of racism in the society?

Debate Information

I was wondering the reason for which people are racist. Can you explain me how whites think they are superior just on the basis of their colour of their "skin" ? What exactly do they have in their brain while being racist?

I am free this weekend, so bring on the arguments. I will participate actively for this weekend. This debate will close till Sunday midnight. Thanks!

update:- This debate will not close today night or any day. Thanks everyone for showing interest in it. Keep going!!!
ZeusAres42Dee
Peace 

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• maxxmaxx 826 Pts   -  
    if you tookout the word society, i would say racisim is inhearant in humans. in early primitive sociey it was natural to hate those who were different, for they brought sickness, stole resources, took territority and so on.@Thor
    ZeusAres42
  • ThorThor 278 Pts   -  
    @maxx

okay, can you elaborate and provide supporting evidences for your stance, "racism is inherent in humans" ? 
    piloteer
    Peace 
  • DeeDee 4549 Pts   -   edited November 2021
    t. Can you explain me how whites think they are superior just on the basis of their colour of their "skin" ? What exactly do they have 

Your very question is racist in tone as it’s unfairly targeting whites and accusing all of being racist based on nothing but your ill informed opinion 
    ThorBlastcatZeusAres42
  • maxxmaxx 826 Pts   -   edited November 2021
    actually i do believe we been through this post before Racism is Inherent to Human Nature – Unpopular Opinions (wordpress.com)
    @Thor
  • ThorThor 278 Pts   -  
    @Dee

Well, I didn't mean all whites, I was giving it as an example. Actually, I was not interested in replying you but I thought I should clarify this in general so you or any other person should not take it as offense.
    Blastcat
    Peace 
  • ThorThor 278 Pts   -  
    @maxx

oh is it so. I don't know about that. I don't find your link much appealing. As it was a "opinion" and it lacked any kind of "in depth explanation" which could answer my question "why are people racist' or "what is the origin of racism" ?
    Peace 
  • SwolliwSwolliw 1328 Pts   -   edited November 2021
    @Thor
    This debate will close till Sunday midnight. Thanks!

I think that you will find that debates posted in this site are DebateIsland debates (regardless of who authors them). It is up to the administrators as to when a debate is open or otherwise and not up to some sort of malicious troll who decides to dictate to others when he will be available to debate at his majesty's convenience.

As it happens, given that modern, civilised society has advanced quite significantly, racism and social prejudices are not as much of a problem as there once were except of course, throughout religious organisations, through which social prejudices and vilification of minority groups is proven to be indemic.

Blastcat
  • DeeDee 4549 Pts   -  
    @Thor

Well then you need to re word your poorly constructed topic ,even at that your question is targeting one group as in whites which demonstrates you don't want a debate you just want to rant like you always do

Also in future just mention that only people who agree with you are allowed to comment as another member Blasatat insists only those who agree with him can comment also , are you guys lovers by any chance? 

Also as S pointed out trolls like you don't decide who pulls the debate so behave yourself and calm down 
    BlastcatPlaffelvohfen
  • ThorThor 278 Pts   -   edited November 2021
    @Swolliw

Oh how is your mental health?... are you taking your medicines?
    Blastcat
    Peace 
  • ThorThor 278 Pts   -  
    @Dee ;

I would not change anything. Do whatever you can do. People like you and swolliw had made DI a garbage website. I would post whatever I want. Keep your mouth shut if you don’t like it. And be rude with others not with me. Keep calm. Whatever you don’t even deserve my time and reply. 
    Blastcat
    Peace 
  • BlastcatBlastcat 403 Pts   -   edited November 2021
    Argument Topic: The root cause of any human behavior is genetics and social forces

1. We are hard wired by our DNA to have certain behaviours, such as desiring to be part of a tribe and a desire for personal freedom. Obvious differences like skin colour can be used to determine a tribal allegiance, as can religion and politics and so on. People who look different can cause us to think that they aren't the same as us.
    2. The tribe ( society ) we belong to will have rules about who can be a member of the tribe, and we know how strong social forces can be. A lot of white people in America have to be convinced that black lives matter. We have two tribes.. one is more powerful than the other.. guess who is suffering the most.

3. Therefore, the root cause of any human behavior is genetics and social forces and racism as well as non-racism are caused by those two forces. But there are also historical causes.. those would fit into the social forces. For example, before slavery in America was so very popular, it's possible that less white people were racist towards black people. The popularity of enslaving black people might have encouraged the hate towards these people by the people who owned them. In America, the tribe that owned slaves was composed of mostly white Christians with lots of money. The tribe that was enslaved was basically defenceless and poor.
    ThorPlaffelvohfen
    Argument Topic: Complaining about rude behaviour while being rude is ironic

Thor said:
    @Dee ;

I would not change anything. Do whatever you can do. People like you and swolliw had made DI a garbage website. I would post whatever I want. Keep your mouth shut if you don’t like it. And be rude with others not with me. Keep calm. Whatever you don’t even deserve my time and reply. 
    1. You are complaining about rude behaviour. I like that. I would like that DI was not so infested with insults. But it is. We should self-police. I say it's perfectly justified to tell these people to stop using insults as they can only serve to distract us from honest debates.
    2. However, in your zeal, you have also used insults even though you are actually complaining about insults. This is high irony to be avoided.

3. Therefore, I urge you to not use insults. Try to model the behaviour that you would like to see. Show people by your example what an honest conversation looks like. Don't fall into the muck just because someone else has. Lets use our compassion and critical thinking. We can tag their insults as Fallacies, which they are. In debates, an insult is called an ad homimen fallacy. We can also complain to the person using our very best language, our very best thinking. Insulting back and forth, in my mind DOES make DI a garbage website. I stick around because I study online conversations. It's my hobby, and I have to say that I am quite used to garbage conversations. Don't make yours a garbage conversation. Elevate your conversation. That's one of the best ways to help others see the errors of their ways. Having said that, I expect Dee to attack me again if he notices this. People tend to get into habits, and we know how hard those are to break. I had to tell Dee that I will not engage with him either. If more people disengage, it might make Dee notice that his horrible behaviour is not wanted in DI. Lets be effective, lets not use insults.

Lets elevate our conversations.
  • DeeDee 4549 Pts   -  
    @Thor

You will do as I tell you watch and see how long  your debate remains on site till I state otherwise 

I only came on to correct your racist topic as people like you need constant correction  from your superiors ( me) 

You're now dismissed you may leave 
    Plaffelvohfen
  • ThorThor 278 Pts   -  
    Plaffelvohfen
    4757.jpg 297.2K
    Peace 
  • DeeDee 4549 Pts   -  
    @Thor

Good luck taking your debate down at ...midnight ....LOL ....I will decide when it comes down not you ..
    BlastcatPlaffelvohfen
  • maxxmaxx 826 Pts   -  
    racisim is but a human word; it denotes a hatered of those who are different. it probably began , if not before, in ancient humans where the tribe was most important.  strangers were viewed with distrust and anger for strangers brought diesease, stole resources and took women. hatered of other teribes were the beginnings of racisim and it slowly evolved into how we see it today. I do believe  in the post i once had on it; you stated early humans had plenty of resources. They did not, for they were mainly nomadic, depleteing one area and having to travel constantly for new resources. those who were not of the tribe simply were not welcome.@Thor
    Thor
  • ThorThor 278 Pts   -  
    @Blastcat

We are hard wired by our DNA to have certain behaviours, such as desiring to be part of a tribe and a desire for personal freedom. Obvious differences like skin colour can be used to determine a tribal allegiance, as can religion and politics and so on. People who look different can cause us to think that they aren't the same as us...
    I agree with your point. Some major differences among humans can force them to behave differently. Additionally, I also think that wherever racism is found, there the racist population are in majority, majority also give them more freedom to behave like that and generalize their actions in their majority population to behave like this.

2. The tribe ( society ) we belong to will have rules about who can be a member of the tribe, and we know how strong social forces can be. A lot of white people in America have to be convinced that black lives matter. We have two tribes.. one is more powerful than the other.. guess who is suffering the most...
    Yeah completely agree with you. This is the rule of jungle too. 

Therefore, the root cause of any human behavior is genetics and social forces and racism as well as non-racism are caused by those two forces. But there are also historical causes.. those would fit into the social forces. For example, before slavery in America was so very popular, it's possible that less white people were racist towards black people. The popularity of enslaving black people might have encouraged the hate towards these people by the people who owned them. In America, the tribe that owned slaves was composed of mostly white Christians with lots of money. The tribe that was enslaved was basically defenseless and poor...
    Yes historical cause is also one of the main reason. History can affect the mindset of people. Great example. Yes, so overall History, Social Factors and Genetics are the reasons of racism in the society.
    Blastcat
    Peace 
  • MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 951 Pts   -  
    @Thor

I believe people find your op racist because you singled out whites as if they are or could be the only race that are racist.

But originally I think it comes from a fear of the unknown and wanting to keep status quo.
    ZeusAres42Blastcat
  • ThorThor 278 Pts   -  
    @Blastcat

Oh well, I don't like to clarify myself to anyone. But you provided a great argument so I would do it you. 

However, in your zeal, you have also used insults even though you are actually complaining about insults. This is high irony to be avoided...
    I don't insult anyone without reason. I only insult them once they insult me, I never leave someone if they insult me. This is not a irony, this is satire.

People tend to get into habits, and we know how hard those are to break. I had to tell Dee that I will not engage with him either. If more people disengage, it might make Dee notice that his horrible behavior is not wanted in DI. Lets be effective, lets not use insults...
    Well, the most smartest way to tackle this type of people is by ignoring them. haha obviously everyone brings out their stress on this type of websites. Yes correct he got a habit of attacking people and being completely rude with anyone he don't like.
    Peace 
  • ThorThor 278 Pts   -  
    @MichaelElpers

Yes, I was giving that as an example. It was just meant for people to understand what I mean.
    Peace 
  • ThorThor 278 Pts   -  
    @maxx

racism is but a human word; it denotes a hatred of those who are different. it probably began , if not before, in ancient humans where the tribe was most important.  strangers were viewed with distrust and anger for strangers brought disease, stole resources and took women. hatred of other tribes were the beginnings of racism and it slowly evolved into how we see it today. I do believe  in the post I once had on it; you stated early humans had plenty of resources. They did not, for they were mainly nomadic, depleting one area and having to travel constantly for new resources. those who were not of the tribe simply were not welcome...
    Yeah correct phrase. Hatred of those who are different.  Well, I don't remember that debate. But I find your explanation logical. Simply because of fear of strangers stealing their food and etc, they would have acted differently.

Peace 
  • ThorThor 278 Pts   -  
    @Dee

You decide that on Swolliw debates not on mine.
    Peace 
  • maxxmaxx 826 Pts   -  
    which is why i , among others, believe it is built in to us. even very little children who encounter a new kid in school, that may be a bit odd, or goofy, or from another country, will automatically get picked on. @Thor
  • MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 951 Pts   -  
    @Thor

Sure but you could of just left it at people, you didn't need to say whites.
  • DeeDee 4549 Pts   -  
     @Thor

I decide when your debate comes down which is not at midnight like you stated ...you've lost ....again ...LOL 
    ThorBlastcat
  • ThorThor 278 Pts   -  
    @maxx

Well, I agree with you and Blastcat that racism is inherent. As one finds difficult to trust the people who look different at first place. Well, that is a vague example. The children who looks different or who is shy or who is introvert or who is from different country may behave differently, but our main focus was on his/her classmates that why did they behaved differently with him just he was different. And introvert and shy child being bullied is common. But I was confused for what grown ups also behave differently which is answered.
    Blastcat
    Peace 
    @MichaelElpers

Well, I already mentioned earlier that my intention was not to hurt anyone.  And if you are interested in this debate then you can participate. Thanks!

Blastcat
    Peace 
    Argument Topic: We agree

Thor said:
    @maxx

Well, I agree with you and Blastcat that racism is inherent. As one finds difficult to trust the people who look different at first place. Well, that is a vague example. The children who looks different or who is shy or who is introvert or who is from different country may behave differently, but our main focus was on his/her classmates that why did they behaved differently with him just he was different. And introvert and shy child being bullied is common. But I was confused for what grown ups also behave differently which is answered.

That's well put, Thor.
    Happy that you are on board.

So, yes, we start off being hardwired to be distrustful of strangers. Think of a baby crying when being held by someone who is strange.. i.e. not the mom or dad. As our "tribe" increases in number, we learn that we can trust others, even those of us who look and behave differently. In fact, I would say that even the people in here who express hatred and insult me would, in a pinch, help me if they could in REAL life. I say that most people are hard wired to want to get along, and we know by instinct that other humans are part of our global tribe. Some tribes are bigger than other tribes.

For example some people feel that people who disagree with them are not part of their tribe, so feel that they have to defend themselves, attack those people as though they are enemies and not just people trying to figure out the truth of a hot button topic like racism. When I point out that they have made mistakes, what those are and how they impact their thinking, and our acceptance of their thinking, they attack me. What a pity. I am not their enemy even though they think that I am.

We all have cognitive biases. Racism is just one. Tribalism is another one. ;There are many mental "traps" that we can fall into and our genetic code isn't rational. It is what it is. The thing about us humans is that we can be self-aware and change our behaviour if we think that our tribe requires it. If only members in DI would explain to these people that their behaviour is not ok, they might eventually stop. That would greatly enhance all of our debates, our conversations and our human connections.

If we don't get along, we might have to learn to fight.
    I'd rather try to get along, but some people don't seem to value that as much as some of us do.

if it is inherant in grown up, then childern as well. it is almost an automatic behaviorism and children will show it at first chance. new childeren (other tribe) will get picked on and bullied, because they are different from the rest of the tibe, because he is an outsider, that is racisim atits beginning and until the new child proves himself to be an equal part of the tribe, they will continue to treat him as an outsider.  grown ups just carry it to an even higher level  @Thor
    Argument Topic: Its not just built in

maxx said:
    which is why i , among others, believe it is built in to us. even very little children who encounter a new kid in school, that may be a bit odd, or goofy, or from another country, will automatically get picked on. @Thor

While I do agree that we have genetic code that is built in, we can't forget the powerful social forces. If a society accepts black people as part of their tribe, racism would not exist in that society. Other societies, like a large part of "White America does not accept people of "colour" as part of their tribe. They might like to make America great again by enslaving them, instead, which would greatly enhance the slave owner's tribal economic status. Slavery isn't cheap labour, it's almost free labour. Ok, slaves have to be fed and sheltered, but that's about it.

Some white supremacists yearn for the good old days when they could be slave owners at a bargain price. These racists are not part of my tribe. I do not accept their way of thinking.
  • piloteerpiloteer 1484 Pts   -  
    maxx said:
    if you tookout the word society, i would say racisim is inhearant in humans. in early primitive sociey it was natural to hate those who were different, for they brought sickness, stole resources, took territority and so on.@Thor

Do you have any proof of this, or are we all expected to go on assumptions here? Those who were different also brought innovative ideas, technologies, and foreign goods, including crafts and foods. Many ancient tribes and societies were quite cooperative with their neighbors. Trading of ideas and technologies is the exact cause of progress, and the reason our lives are no longer determined on the health of local crops. We don't live in caves anymore because of our neighbors, and vice versa.     
    Thor
  • piloteerpiloteer 1484 Pts   -   edited November 2021
    maxx said:
    Can you demonstrate the physiological or genetic phenomena where this so called "hard wired" racism derives from? Exactly which gene can be objectively tied to racism? In fact, can you objectively prove there are separate human races at all, and we are not ALL one human race? Let me save you the time here by letting you know that all of the topics covered in this discussion are NOT biologically true in any which way. Race, racism, and prejudices are nothing more than social constructions and cannot be demonstrated biologically.  

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/race-is-a-social-construct-scientists-argue/

https://centerforhealthprogress.org/blog/race-social-construct/

https://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2015/06/16/how-fluid-is-racial-identity/race-and-racial-identity-are-social-constructs

https://www.vox.com/2014/10/10/6943461/race-social-construct-origins-census

The "science" behind the concept of race is been thoroughly discredited!!! Race cannot be demonstrated physiologically or genetically.    

Thor
  • maxxmaxx 826 Pts   -  
    proof,  one can not prove certain things but can llogically build a soid foundation.  yues balcast, social force are but a secondary part of the inherant issue.  if it were not built in then social forces would be ni.  racisim is but a word and today it means far different than how it began. it ios or was not because of someones color, but because of differences, especially difference thaat another tribe brought with them.   piolterr, i see a form of racisim in early childhood, how they automatically trat those who are different to their own social circle. you may not call it racisim but it has all the same aspects of how grown ups in todays society behav.  this is not my theory but many psychoogists.  if you have a different view, please share them@Blastcat @piloteer
    maxx said:
    proof,  one can not prove certain things but can llogically build a soid foundation.  yues balcast, social force are but a secondary part of the inherant issue.  if it were not built in then social forces would be ni.  racisim is but a word and today it means far different than how it began. it ios or was not because of someones color, but because of differences, especially difference thaat another tribe brought with them.   piolterr, i see a form of racisim in early childhood, how they automatically trat those who are different to their own social circle. you may not call it racisim but it has all the same aspects of how grown ups in todays society behav.  this is not my theory but many psychoogists.  if you have a different view, please share them@Blastcat @piloteer

I agree that if our suspicion of the outsider was not built in, most societies would be neutral towards them. In my part of the world, most people of colour are just accepted as members of our tribe who have different coloured skin and come from different cultures. This to our tribe makes life more interesting for being multi-cultural and multi-racial. We also include LGBTQ people into our tribe as well. This is a rule over here, but there are exceptions, of course.

Of course, it goes without saying that people's social conditioning starts at a very early age. That's why we would see more racism ideas in young children in a society ( tribe ) that is more racist than not. They get it from their parents, their peers and so on.

• ThorThor 278 Pts   -  
    @Blastcat

We all have cognitive biases. Racism is just one. Tribalism is another one. ;There are many mental "traps" that we can fall into and our genetic code isn't rational. It is what it is. The thing about us humans is that we can be self-aware and change our behavior if we think that our tribe requires it. If only members in DI would explain to these people that their behavior is not ok, they might eventually stop. That would greatly enhance all of our debates, our conversations and our human connections...

Yup so do you mean that racism is "not" inherent, and we can change it through our rational thinking?

Dee
    Peace 
    @maxx

if it is inherent in grown up, then children as well. it is almost an automatic behaviorism and children will show it at first chance. new children (other tribe) will get picked on and bullied, because they are different from the rest of the tribe, because he is an outsider, that is racism atits beginning and until the new child proves himself to be an equal part of the tribe, they will continue to treat him as an outsider.  grown ups just carry it to an even higher level...

You are trying to prove that racism is inherent. okay your example is bit relevant but it would not be true in every situation right?...  It would depend on tribe, if they welcome or they will be bullied, The problem in your example is it can't prove your stance.
    Deepiloteer
    Peace 
    Argument Topic: To some people, talking about racism is racism

@Thor

I believe people find your op racist because you singled out whites as if they are or could be the only race that are racist.

But originally I think it comes from a fear of the unknown and wanting to keep status quo.

1. That's like thinking that talk about interpretative dance is a dance.
    Racism IS a problem.

Some white supremacists would like to pretend that it's not.
    So, they try to diminish the problem. They want MORE racism, not less. They want LESS people of colour having a say, not more.
    Racism isn't a problem, it's a solution to these white supremacists. NAZI propaganda used to say that killing the Jews was the FINAL solution to their problems. They just needed to exterminate the "vermin" using for example the solution called
    Zyklon B, In early 1942, the Nazis began using Zyklon B as the preferred killing tool in extermination camps during the Holocaust. They used it to kill roughly 1.1 million people in gas chambers at Auschwitz-Birkenau, Majdanek, and elsewhere.

These NAZIS epitomize racism. Lets not join their ranks. Lets acknowledge the problem and find ways to FIX the problem. People who wont even admit that there is a problem are PART of the problem.

2. We single out WHITE PEOPLE because they are the usual suspects in racist crimes and racist speech at least, in America where racism is a HUGE problem ever since slavery of the BLACKS by WHITE PEOPLE. Diminishing a huge problem is adding TO the problem as it stands in the way of people who are trying to FIX the problem.
    Black lives DO matter, Micheal. I hope that you can agree.

3. Therefore, you should make it clear if you espouse white supremacist views or not, because from what I just quoted from you, it could look that way.
    ThorDee
  • ThorThor 278 Pts   -  
    @piloteer

Great argument buddy, I agree more with you for now on it.
    piloteer
    Peace 
  • maxxmaxx 826 Pts   -  
    well, i am going by simple logic. racism did not suddenly exist as we see it today; it had to evolve from much simpler forms and if as today racisim is built on hate of those of different dissent and color, then originally it had to begin in such a way that would evolve as to how we view it now. logically it would be of different tribes, different values and customs, as well as stangers may steal, and bring disease. @Thor
    DeePlaffelvohfen
  • ThorThor 278 Pts   -  
    @maxx

Yup I understand your point. But it need evidences to support your stance. Yup but that would be not true for every tribe. They may have welcomed stranger in their tribe like today's multi-cultural countries. How can you say that for sure?
    Peace 
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 4244 Pts   -  
    Most people like to have a group to belong to, a group that will protect them from other people's mean behaviors. There are many ways to define a group, and one does not have to merely be a member of one group; multigroup membership is common.

Now, the first thing people see when they encounter a new person is their looks. When the new person looks very different from them, they might assume that from this follows that they overall are very different from them. It so happens that people of different "races" look very different. Combine it with the fact that people of different "races" historically lived in different regions and societies that often waged wars with each other - and all the prejudices that have accumulated over the centuries - and you can see how racism is almost an inevitability. It is truly a miracle that there are societies today in which racism is barely on the radar any more. Even those societies, as can be seen, just cannot let go of the topic and bring it up again and again in new iterations.
    Thor
  • maxxmaxx 826 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: How do we know for sure?

Thor said:
    @maxx

Yup I understand your point. But it need evidences to support your stance. Yup but that would be not true for every tribe. They may have welcomed stranger in their tribe like today's multi-cultural countries. How can you say that for sure?
    We could not be sure unless we went back in time and check each and every possible itsy bitsy tribe. However, we do have anthropology, sociology and evolutionary psychology to help us understand the origins of our thinking, feelings and behaviours.

• ThorThor 278 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar

I also think that different appearance, History, social factors and prejudices are a major factors for person being racist to another person.
    Peace 
  • ThorThor 278 Pts   -  
    @maxx

Maxx your link explains my point more than yours. 

This is from your link:- "Dr. Lee explained. “Infants will learn from people they are most exposed to". It is clearly pointing to social factors. It means that social factors affects baby's thinking more than anything else according to that experiment.

This is the concluding statement from your link:- Even "if" we were born racist, we don’t have to die racist...Writer itself is not sure that we are born racist as he had used "if". And in any way I don't blame writer for that as it was not even his point. 
    Peace 
    @maxx

maxx said:
    proof,  one can not prove certain things but can llogically build a soid foundation. 
    The biological and physiological evidence has thus far proved that your assertions to be quite wrong. If you are claiming that the biological evidence I've cited is not proof, but just a "logical foundation" instead of actual biological truth, then you should be able to easily discredit any merit of said biological evidence. So where is this discrediting?  
  • ThorThor 278 Pts   -  
    @Blastcat

We could not be sure unless we went back in time and check each and every possible itsy bitsy tribe. However, we do have anthropology, sociology and evolutionary psychology to help us understand the origins of our thinking, feelings and behaviors...

Obviously lol we can't go back in time (atleast for now) and check every possible tribe. But I meant that it should explain how racism would have originated in humans?
    Peace 
    Argument Topic: Obviously, we cant go back in time at this time

Thor said:
    @Blastcat

We could not be sure unless we went back in time and check each and every possible itsy bitsy tribe. However, we do have anthropology, sociology and evolutionary psychology to help us understand the origins of our thinking, feelings and behaviors...

Obviously lol we can't go back in time (atleast for now) and check every possible tribe. But I meant that it should explain how racism would have originated in humans?
    I'm happy that you agree that we can't go back in time just yet.
    Agreements are great!

Evolutionary psychology can explain how racism began. Humans are social animals who have to protect the "tribe" like do the bees protect the "hive". It's genetics at it's root. Then, of course, we have higher cognitive abilities than most other beings such as the bees... we are genetically disposed to live in groups, to protect the group in the same way AS the bees. Bees and humans see outsiders as POTENTIAL enemies even to this day. Evolutionary change takes a long, long time. Maybe distrustful people will die out and not procreate. Maybe. Maybe not. But on the DNA level, we aren't as sophisticated as on our societal level. Nature is almost fixed, nurture can be way more fluid, vastly quicker to change.

A lot of people don't LIKE change.. that's genetic at it's root as well. Social forces, of course, CAN and do over-ride our genetic programming, if strong enough. Right now, certain members of DI are still using insults .. so they don't feel that their "tribe" in here wants them to change their ways. If the tribe would insist that they stop, they would leave DI, or stop the anti-social behaviour.

This is how humans operate.
    If all else fails, read the handy instruction booklet that is provided.
    maxx said:
    If your assertions were based on psychology, which psychologists have proven that racism is nothing more than a social construction, and we can actually find a racist gene? Just so we aren't conflating psychology with "sociology". Psychology is a strict science that can demonstrate cause and effect. Sociology is an artform with absolutely no basis in science and can be interpreted differently by anybody. Sociology is not a valid science like psychology. A true psychologist should be ashamed of any claims that sociology is somehow associated with the science known as psychology.        
    Blastcat
     you can not have the social aspects of racsim at that age, unless it already exists within us. you have two choices; the first is that it is inherant and the social issues are but a by-product; or two, we are taught  to be racist.  I think socia plays a very strong part, however that social construct is but a framework that we build upon. waht i am saying in which you are not grasping is that it begin in very early humans and evolved. take away the definiton that we have for in today and you are left with distrust of those whom are different. now if people from another tribe came over and were friendly, then all is well, yet if a band of blue skin dwarws invaded, then that is where the hatered starts. now we have a tribe hating blue skin dwarfs.  one day another blueskin dwarf who is friendly and has nothing to do with the original group decides to pay a visit, he will not be acceppted; even if he shows nothing but a friendly attitude. in early humans, very ancient humans, this cause and affect was most logically the beginnings of racisim.  @Thor