what kind of society would be the ideal place to live in? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

what kind of society would be the ideal place to live in?

Debate Information

I just want to listen to other peoples opinions

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• SwolliwSwolliw 1411 Pts   -  
    @noname
    I just want to listen to other peoples opinions

Well, I suggest that you saunter down to your local bar before a big game and realize for yourself how opinions are just like are soles. Everybody has one.

• anarchist100anarchist100 644 Pts   -  
    @noname
    In a perfect world, everyone would be free to live their life however they want without having any restrictions placed on them.
  • DeeDee 4708 Pts   -  
    @anarchist100

In a perfect world, everyone would be free to live their life however they want without having any restrictions placed on them.

Great! Let pedophiles , rapists and serial killers do  their  thing without restrictions …..fabulous plan 
    Plaffelvohfen
    @Dee
    By raping or killing people they are putting restrictions on them, in this sort of world people would not rape or kill each other, and no I don't think such a world is really possible, but the debate is about what an ideal society would be, to me what matters most in a society is individual freedom, and since the society I mentioned would have absolute freedom it would be the ideal society, What we should aim for is to get as close to this as possible.
  • DeeDee 4708 Pts   -  
    @anarchist100

By raping or killing people they are putting restrictions on them,

What are you on about? You don’t even know what restriction
     means 

this sort of world people would not rape or kill each other

Ahh right you’re talking about a world where people are programmed to only do good 

You’re talking absolute nonsense mate
  • anarchist100anarchist100 644 Pts   -   edited November 2021
    Dee said:
    @anarchist100

By raping or killing people they are putting restrictions on them,

What are you on about? You don’t even know what restriction
     means 

They're restricting someone's ability to govern their own life and body by raping or killing them.
     this sort of world people would not rape or kill each other

Ahh right you’re talking about a world where people are programmed to only do good 

You’re talking absolute nonsense mate
    That would violate their free will, hence putting restrictions on them, I told you this world is impossible.
  • DeeDee 4708 Pts   -  
    @anarchist100

I haven’t a clue what you’re on about mate , it is totally incoherent 
    @Dee
    Let me explain, the person who posted this debate ask people to name an ideal society, they never said it had to be possible, so I described an ideal society, it doesn't matter that it's not possible. I said that we should try to get as close to this as possible because the society I described is one of absolute freedom, so what I'm saying is that we should aim for a society that has the most amount of individual freedom that is possible.
  • DeeDee 4708 Pts   -  
    @anarchist100

we should aim for a society that has the most amount of individual freedom that is possible.

Individual freedoms differ with individuals , what extra freedoms should people have to make this ideal world 

Dee said:
    @anarchist100

we should aim for a society that has the most amount of individual freedom that is possible.

Individual freedoms differ with individuals , what extra freedoms should people have to make this ideal world 

People should have the freedom do whatever they want so long as they're not hurting anyone.