Who are the Most Hateful People on Earth? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally by activity where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Who are the Most Hateful People on Earth?

Debate Information

If we were to place them in a category I will say that religious people are the most hateful people on earth by far.
Not only do their faiths teach them to display hatred and vilify minority groups but each religion is indoctrinated to hate every other religion. Even denominations within the one faith hate each others' guts. For example, Anglicans hate Jehovah's Witnesses.
AntoniaWhitesideBlastcat

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• LiamThePersonLiamThePerson 701 Pts   -  
    If we were to place them in a category I will say that religious people are the most hateful people on earth by far.
    This could definitely be narrowed down. If we want to isolate the hateful people, the group should be concentrated around fundamentalists. I know plenty of religious people who aren't hateful at all, and there are entire religious groups that aren't only built on nonviolence, but actually follow through (ex. Quakers). Removing all the non-hateful theists from this group and leaving just the type of people who would picket a gay man's funeral definitely makes this a more precise measure of what the most hateful group is. 

For example, Anglicans hate Jehovah's Witnesses.
    What kind of Christian denomination doesn't hate Jehovah's Witnesses? They're like the oatmeal raisin cookies of Christianity.
    ZeusAres42
  • BlastcatBlastcat 362 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Some of the most hateful people try to figure out who to hate the most

The debate question asks us to insult groups of people.
    PlaffelvohfenDeeZeusAres42
  • DeeDee 4487 Pts   -   edited November 11
    It’s got to be Muslims hands down they hate homosexuals, lesbians , single mothers , apostates , people who drink , people who smoke , women who sunbathe all these crimes punishable by death in a fair amount of Muslim countries …..the biggest crime is of course drawing a cartoon of the filthy child abuser and  mad dog Mo …….

Blastcat
  • maxxmaxx 801 Pts   -  
    first i am not sure where you get the idea that religion hates all other religions. second, it is generally far right religious extremists that do the hating so you are generalizing. so what we have here of course is your opinion. now, my opinion would be racists are the most hateful people.  Yes and before you go AHA religious people are racists; yes many are, but so are nazis, rednecks, jews,, atheists, gamng members, and so on. so if there is a reason as to why you think it is religious; then it is because they are racist, but they are not the only racists.  we have to encompass racisim as a whole category because it exists everwhere and they are the ones who are the most hateful. @Swolliw
  • SwolliwSwolliw 1297 Pts   -  
    @LiamThePerson
    I know plenty of religious people who aren't hateful at all

Same here. And indeed, I think that most people who call themselves religious give their faith no more than lip service. That is, they don't actually believe in God but enjoy the tradition and culture that goes along with their faith. I will say that, nowadays, given the rising antagonism towards the ugly side of religion (e.g. prejudice and vilification), religious followers have to accept that if they subscribe to a particular religion, the public at ;arge are entitled to label them accordingly, i.e., guilt by association.

Blastcat
    @maxx
     i am not sure where you get the idea that religion hates all other religions.

As usual, you don't seem to be sure about anything.

However, my assertion is not an idea but a fact according to what religions say about each other and what is still going on around the world. Each religion, bar none, emphatically assert that they are the only pathway to an afterlife in paradise and not only are there religious wars raging in the Middle East, Africa and Asia but denominations of Christianity, for example, hate each others' guts. Go to Northern Ireland and see how you get along there if you happen to walk into a protestant pub and shout out, "Three cheers for the Pope". You will end up wearing three chairs around your head, if you're lucky.

Blastcat
  • maxxmaxx 801 Pts   -  
    well prove it.. show me a valid link with statitics that claim religion hates more than racists in general do  @Swolliw
  • pamelajohnson1pamelajohnson1 43 Pts   -  
    Swolliw said:
    Not only do their faiths teach them to display hatred and vilify minority groups but each religion is indoctrinated to hate every other religion. Even denominations within the one faith hate each others' guts. For example, Anglicans hate Jehovah's Witnesses.
    People that attend church, are just religious.  They have nothing to retrain them.  The body of Church is not part of a Church.  It is a people. They don't attend Church. You know them by their fruit.  They are very few.  They are not hateful people, but they will tell you the truth.  Sometimes the truth hurts.
    Blastcat
    Argument Topic: The real body of Christ

People that attend church, are just religious.  They have nothing to retrain them.  The body of Church is not part of a Church.  It is a people. They don't attend Church. You know them by their fruit.  They are very few.  They are not hateful people, but they will tell you the truth.  Sometimes the truth hurts.
    Blastcat
  • DeeDee 4487 Pts   -  
    @pamelajohnson1

but they will tell you the truth.  Sometimes the truth hurts.

You mean they will give you an opinion on what they believe the truth to be , which is based on the words of a deeply immoral book of contradictory nonsense 
    Argument Topic: Totally unjustified assertions cannot persuade a skeptic

1. Your comment is riddled with assertions.
    2. You have not bothered at all to try to persuade us that they are true.

3. Therefore, they are completely irrelevant and cannot convince skeptics. 

• VaulkVaulk 758 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Taking a stab

If we're trying to identify which group of people is the most hateful then we'd have to look at a history of groups of people and find which one has had the highest measurable effect on other people in terms of acts of hate.  

So we need historical accounts of acts of hatred that belonged to groups of people and then come to a conclusion of which group did the most damage.  Luckily we already have this answer.

GREATEST MASS MURDER IN WORLD HISTORY

Number one contender: Mao Zedong's China  
    Time period: 1949 - 1979
    Estimated body count: As high as 110,000,000
    State involved religion: None
    All forms of religious activity were banned by the State.
    State imposed Atheism was established.

So unless I'm missing something, the largest atrocity in World history happened without the existence of Religion or Religious inspiration.  

Happy_KillbotZeusAres42
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".

• ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2100 Pts   -   edited November 12

Hey, I am glad you are back.  This is off-topic and I will probably comment on this debate later. I believe you are theist?, and I am an Atheist btw. However, I still like you and find you a very reasonable guy that makes some pretty good arguments.

• SwolliwSwolliw 1297 Pts   -   edited November 12
    @Vaulk
    So unless I'm missing something,.......

Yes, you are missing something. Your brain.

You are conflating hate and murder. And in in any case, your one off figure does not come anywhere near the amount of hatred in the world. There are 6.6 billion people in the world who claim to be religious. Even if we were to deduct the number of wannabee believers of 60% we have at least 2.5 billion who are continually at each others throats trying to prove who has the best imaginary friend.

Your figure (Mao) that you quoted is grossly exaggerated at double.

The total number of people killed by religious wars is 195,000,000 which are still ongoing....100,000 Christians alone are martyred each year.

Not only is your research extremely biased but pathetically deficient.

Religious people are by far the most hateful people in the world. I have proven my point and you have not even got to first base with your argument and, let's face it, your nor anyone else ever will, unless one wishes to count your lame attempt at misrepresenting, distorting and contextually editing figures.

Whilst getting yourself a brain, you may wish to shed your blinkers.

https://debateisland.com/discussion/7732/why-do-theists-hate-each-others-guts

• Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5282 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Hanlon's Razor

@Vaulk ;

Even though it is clear that the events in communist China resulted in this travesty, I don't think you analysis is fair for the simple reason that "hate" is notably absent from the primary driving factors that resulted in all of these deaths.

Personally, I would argue that the famine and subsequent starvation were the result of bad bureaucracy, poor structural incentives, lack of integrity, and disorganization. Mao's China was not deliberately killing the population for ideological reasons, "hate" least of all. For this reason, I think it is unfair to categorize the actions as "hateful" in that they were not deliberate acts of malice.

Napoleon Quote Never ascribe to malice that which can
    SwolliwZeusAres42
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 4152 Pts   -  
    I do not remember any hateful Shinto priests in Japanese temples. Perhaps, it is the OP who is an actual hateful person, projecting his hatred onto every religious person who he seems to despise so deeply? ;)

As for the question, the most hateful people in human history I can think of were the rebels in Rwanda in 1994. Ethnic tensions between Tutsi and Hutu with centuries-old history finally erupted into an all-out massacre when the president was killed and the new de-facto leader gave the green light to the slaughter on the radio, resulting in the highest killing rate in recorded history - by some estimates, up to a million people were slaughtered in just 3 weeks with knives and machetes. The situation was so bad that the UN peacekeeping forces had in some regions to shoot armed people on sight - they were that rabid.

This was very different, say, from the events in Cambodia, where the killing fields were a result of cold, pragmatic calculation on the dictator's part - and the killers themselves were cold and methodical. In Rwanda, it was pure unleashment of very dark emotions and giving in to primal rage. Being slaughtered by a rabid mob, in many ways, is far worse than being slowly strangled by a totalitarian regime. In the latter case, there is some chance of surviving and escaping; in the former case, you are done for, and your death is likely to be very painful.
    ZeusAres42Happy_Killbot
    I don't attend Church.  My thinking is different from the average church goer.  Try me and see.
  • As a group, I'd say arseholes are the most hateful.
    ZeusAres42LiamThePerson
    I want to believe as many true things and as few false things as possible.
  • @MayCaesar

I do not remember any hateful Shinto priests in Japanese temples.

Agree. I'd think even the most extreme Jain wouldn't fall into the hateful category. The OP paints with an extremely broad brush.

MayCaesarZeusAres42
    I want to believe as many true things and as few false things as possible.
    @SkepticalOne
    As a group, I'd say arseholes are the most hateful.

My point exactly, and, as we all (should) know, theists are commonly referred to as arseholes.

@pamelajohnson1
    My thinking is different from the average church goer.  Try me and see.

Okay then, This is just a simple math test......If I purchase a baseball bat and ball for $110 and the bat cost $100 more than the ball, how much did the ball cost?

• AntoniaWhitesideAntoniaWhiteside 3 Pts   -   edited November 13
    I think Ted Bundy is the most hated person on Earth. Or Jesus Christ. 

Sorry, I didn't realize that that said most hateful instead of most hated. Ignore my answer in that case. 

Swolliw
  • BlastcatBlastcat 362 Pts   -   edited November 13
    Argument Topic: The no true Scotsman fallacy

You are making a fallacious appeal to purity. The reasoning is that a true Christian is morally perfect, only fake news Christians ( false prophets ) do anything wrong. That's a very fallacious bit of reasoning, and even has a name.

By the way, making an unwarranted assertion is also a logical failure. You say that Christians who DONT go to church will tell us the "truth" without bothering to justify your stunning claim. Somehow, going to a church makes one believe in nonsense.

Oh really.
    Prove it.

• As a group, I'd say arseholes are the most hateful.
    I agree completely. And there are quite a few of them here. @SkepticalOne
    SkepticalOne

• ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2100 Pts   -   edited November 13
    This could definitely be narrowed down. If we want to isolate the hateful people, the group should be concentrated around fundamentalists. I know plenty of religious people who aren't hateful at all, and there are entire religious groups that aren't only built on nonviolence, but actually follow through (ex. Quakers). Removing all the non-hateful theists from this group and leaving just the type of people who would picket a gay man's funeral definitely makes this a more precise measure of what the most hateful group is. 

For example, Anglicans hate Jehovah's Witnesses.
    What kind of Christian denomination doesn't hate Jehovah's Witnesses? They're like the oatmeal raisin cookies of Christianity.
    I have to agree that the fundamentalist (Extremist) groups of theists are the most hateful in the world. in my opinion of course. @LiamThePerson

Blastcat

• maxxmaxx 801 Pts   -  
    can you umm say why?  i mean is it because they are the most racist?  would you not then consider racists the most hateful people?
      @ZeusAres42
    BlastcatZeusAres42
  • BlastcatBlastcat 362 Pts   -   edited November 13
    Argument Topic: Unsupported assertions are logical failures

maxx said:
    can you umm say why?  i mean is it because they are the most racist?  would you not then consider racists the most hateful people?
      @ZeusAres42
    Good question.
    So many people confuse a debate with an opportunity to tell us how they " feelz " without at all bothering to make a case.
    The question of debate is highly subjective. When we use the word "most" as in "What is the most hateful X", the word "most" refers to a number. 3 is most of a set of 4. In order to know the number of hateful people to COMPARE these people,  we would have to have data. Ok, what IS hateful? .. that isn't even defined. How many people hate, how many do not hate?.. who hates the most can mean who hates the most people.. who hates some people REALLY more than anyone else does. Huge hate.. and so on. Sometimes, people make up bad debate topics, and I say that this is one

There is no "real" answer here, just bias.
    Some people will say that I am the most hateful person. .. ok. That's their personal opinion.

1. To ask a hugely general question about the FEELINGS of groups of people is an unreasonable request. We can't read minds. But we can have opinions about who is the most.. the best .. the worst and so on. Feelings like that are subjective.
    2. Asking subjective questions does not lead us to the truth of the matter. Who does hate the most? .. We would need some scientific methodology in order to find out. We have none provided. All we have so far is personal feelings in the matter of personal feelings. Hate is a feeling. We are asked to opinion about people's feelings. So, since we are biased, we will tend to attribute bad characteristics such as hate to those we disagree with. Nobody escapes cognitive biases.

3. Therefore, the question up for debate can only show us what DI people feel are the most hateful people, not demonstrate who they are in any objective, scientific manner. Ok, so we get to find out what people feel. Great. Our feelings are not debatable. I like apple pie the best because I believe that apple pie is the most flavourful pie there is. That's my personal feeling in the matter. Big deal, right? Doesn't meant that apple pie is objectively the best or the most flavourful. It means that I feel that way.

ZeusAres42Dee
  • maxxmaxx 801 Pts   -   edited November 13
    what i am saying is there are many people and mamy groups of people who are hateful; to whom? to those that they discriminate against and that is racisim; therfore, as a whole it seems that racists are in general the most hateful people. @Blastcat
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2100 Pts   -   edited November 13
    maxx said:
      @ZeusAres42
    Good point actually @maxx. Tbh this is not really something you can measure. I guess there is some subjectivity here. So far, all of us have just been giving our opinions, including the OP with the exception of just one person attempting to try to validate arguments (while not making any himself) but also failing miserably at those validation attempts lol. Anyway, If you are defining hate as a strong feeling of dislike to another then exactly how do you measure which group is the most hateful; I guess it's like morality - subjective.

In any case, I don't believe religious extremists are hateful because of other people's race but much more to do with that they generally view other religious groups and atheists as evil people that are to be despised; those other's are seen as being like the ultimate evil in their heads.

• maxxmaxx 801 Pts   -  
    yes, but that is a classical case of being racist. so in actuallity what everyone here is doing is deciding which particualr group of racists is the most hateful; and in doing so, miss the point that racisim is the hate. @ZeusAres42
  • maxx said:
    yes, but that is a classical case of being racist. so in actuallity what everyone here is doing is deciding which particualr group of racists is the most hateful; and in doing so, miss the point that racisim is the hate. @ZeusAres42

@maxx, sorry but you have lost me. I am not entirely sure what you mean here?

• maxxmaxx 801 Pts   -  
    okay,  those who hate do so for a reason and the most hateful people or groups hate otheres due to bias, and discrimination;. that is racisim; therfore racists are the mose hateful people regardless of what group, or class or religion, or idealizm that they may fall into. @ZeusAres42
  • Blastcat said:
    Argument Topic: Unsupported assertions are logical failures
    You heard it here folks. Apparently, opinions agreeing with what someone said are unsupported assertions that are logical failures. Satire!

• maxx said:
    okay,  those who hate do so for a reason and the most hateful people or groups hate otheres due to bias, and discrimination;. that is racisim; therfore racists are the mose hateful people regardless of what group, or class or religion, or idealizm that they may fall into. @ZeusAres42
    Right, now moving on to you max, someone that is actually worth debating with.

@maxx, right so are you talking about prejudice when you talk about racism right? If not, what is the argument you are making exactly? Who are you suggesting the most hateful group of people are and for what reasons?

• maxxmaxx 801 Pts   -   edited November 14
    i am suggesting  that racists as a whole, regardless of what group they belong to if any ;are the most hateful people.. relgious people discriminate, gang members do so. the vfw does, PTA, and so on.  it is not the group, it is the racism behind the group, so racists are the most hateful  @ZeusAres42
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2100 Pts   -   edited November 14
    maxx said:
    i am suggesting  that racists as a whole, regardless of what group they belong to if any ;are the most hateful people.. relgious people discriminate, gang members do so. the vfw does, PTA, and so on.  it is not the group, it is the racism behind the group, so racists are the most hateful  @ZeusAres42

Right, so by racism you mean people being prejudiced against another group or class of people correct? @maxx

• maxxmaxx 801 Pts   -   edited November 14
    yes and or individuals. the group or organizations is just a label. it is those who discriminate, and prejudiced against others who  are the most hateful.   it is not the churcches, or gang members, or relgioin, or any particular country or and organisztion that is actually the mose hateful; it is the racists that exists with-in these organizations.  @ZeusAres42
    ZeusAres42
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2100 Pts   -   edited November 14
    maxx said:
    yes and or individuals. the group or organizations is just a label. it is those who discriminate, and prejudiced against others who  are the most hateful.   it is not the churcches, or gang members, or relgioin, or any particular country or and organisztion that is actually the mose hateful; it is the racists that exists with-in these organizations.  @ZeusAres42

Right, now I understand what you mean by the use of certain words I will say this is a very good point. In other words, the people with the most prejudiced attitudes within these groups will be the most hateful toward those that they discriminate against. Yes, that makes sense. @maxx
    maxx

• Luigi7255Luigi7255 440 Pts   -  
    This is a tough question with the only answer being circular reasoning, as in, the most hateful people are the most hateful people. Anyone can be just as hateful to anyone no matter who they are, no matter the race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, class, creed, etc. So, there is no true answer to this question as it relies on personal belief.
    "I will never change who I am just because you do not approve."
  • SwolliwSwolliw 1297 Pts   -   edited November 16
    @Luigi7255
    Anyone can be just as hateful to anyone no matter who they are

Geeziz bleeding Kerrist, here we go again. The thread is about who is the most hateful. Of course everybody can be hateful just like I hate it when someone tries to dumb down and gloss over a topic...."Derr well, like everybody is like that to some degree, you know, like um yeah, um, herhummm yeah it's like in everyone and um yeah that's what I personally believe because, errr um, yeah, that's what I actually like, um believe, yeah."

• DeeDee 4487 Pts   -  
    @Vaulk ;

GREATEST MASS MURDER IN WORLD HISTORY

Number one contender: Mao Zedong's China  
    Time period: 1949 - 1979
    Estimated body count: As high as 110,000,000
    State involved religion: None 
    All forms of religious activity were banned by the State.
    State imposed Atheism was established.

So unless I'm missing something, the largest atrocity in World history happened without the existence of Religion or Religious inspiration.  

What you’re missing is Mao never said “I do this all in the name of Atheism”  Atheism had nothing to do with it 

Meanwhile all religious wars were done in the name of gods even your own “hero” George Bush called for a “holy crusade” against terrorism 
    @Swolliw

Once again, the answer is subjective. You think that all religious people are the most hateful, I don't. There's still also big hatred for one's own group, like internalized homophobia (a gay person who's homophobic) or racism against their own race, so would they count as a hateful group?
    @Luigi7255
    Once again, the answer is subjective. You think that all religious people are the most hateful, I don't. 

The answer is not subjective. It is logical and fully reasoned.

If I were to tell you that I belong to the KKK but "I am not one bit racist but I just happen to belong to the organisation and not all members are like that anyway"....you would be looking at me more than a bit sideways, wouldn't you?

Similarly, if someone says that they belong to say, the Baptist Church...."Oh but I'm not hateful and not all members are like that"....I would say to them..."What a load of utter crap, you are hateful, and a pathological liar to boot." All Christians (and other such religious followers) bar none are innately hateful towards others because of their belonging to their faith. If they were not hateful, they would not belong to such a group and would have nothing to do with them in the first place.

You wear the badge and you can expect to be fairly and quite rightly labelled accordingly.

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 4152 Pts   -  
    @Swolliw

Your thinking algorithm breaks down even in the most seemingly straightforward cases. Schindler, for instance, was a prominent member of the German National-Socialist party - who saved, at least, a few hundred Jews from the genocide. And the National-Socialist ideology is much more explicitly xenophobic than any prominent branch of Christianity.

If you really think that every single Baptist is a hateful person, you must not have talked to them much. There are countless Baptists who spend almost all of their free time doing charity for the most disadvantaged members of society and who will never hurt a fly. But here, on Debate Island, we have an actual openly hateful person who puts them all into the same single box that was constructed by his imagination alone - a box of hateful people.

I gather that the members of the two Baptist churches who supported me, an open and unapologetic atheist and a mocker of religion, in a time of duress are less hateful than 90% of moral virtue-pushing atheists out there.
    @Swolliw

Like @MayCaesar just said, you are lumping together ALL religious people into one box, saying they are the most hateful and no one can match it (A subjective opinion). And, like May said as well, what about Buddhists? Shinto priests? Are they hateful? What about the non-religious people that advocate for the murders of minorities? Are they just as hateful?
    @Luigi7255 @Maycaeser
    Yes I am lumping all religious people in one box because they are already in such a box. All religions  by their very nature (Buddhism is not really a religion) are elitist and subscribe to ancient, primitive doctrines that are nowadays considered offensive and hateful by modern, civilized standards. It is therefore to label every member as being hateful because of their association with those religions. And the types of hate we see emanating from all religious groups (collectively, are among the worst on this planet. 
    Atheists cannot be lumped into a group since by their very nature they do not belong to a group and besides which, it would be absurd to call a hateful atheist as being hateful because of his atheism . 
    BlastcatLuigi7255
    Argument Topic: There are at least three logical failures

Luigi7255 said:
    @Swolliw

Like @MayCaesar just said, you are lumping together ALL religious people into one box, saying they are the most hateful and no one can match it (A subjective opinion). And, like May said as well, what about Buddhists? Shinto priests? Are they hateful? What about the non-religious people that advocate for the murders of minorities? Are they just as hateful?
    1. Swolliw attacks the religious PEOPLE, therefore, he uses insults to make his point. This is a form of ad hominem attack. The idea is that if we attack someone's character, it means that THEY are being hateful, which is a bit crazy. Insulting people doesn't prove that the victims are hateful. In fact, it proves the opposite. The use of verbally abusive tactics is a form of hate speech against the religious PEOPLE.

2. Swolliw makes a hasty generalization. He wants to "lump" every religious person in one huge single group of people who HATE. I don't have confidence that Swolliw happens to know every religious person in the world. I would imagine that Swolliw has a very small sample by which to make his biased generalization.

3. And yes, BIAS. Swolliw is telling us that every religious person is hateful, which represents an incredible amount of bias. It's negative bias, of course. When it comes to ATHEISTS.. things look very different to Swolliw, who is quick to display a POSITIVE bias for.

4. Therefore, Swolliw has fallen for at least 3 logical failures. Allowing a huge amount of bias to infect his reasoning, insulting people he doesn't like, and hasty generalizations about these people.
  • Luigi7255Luigi7255 440 Pts   -   edited November 18
    @Swolliw

Okay man, what is wrong with you? Buddhism is considered a religion by definition and Shintoism is mainly known for peaceful interactions. If they are hateful, then all atheists are hateful by default because they are associated with Nazism and Stalinism.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 4152 Pts   -   edited November 18
    @Swolliw

What are those "modern, civilized standards"? The standards you are espousing here do not seem at all modern or civilized to me. "All religionists are hateful people" is the same kind of statement as "all heretics are hateful people", which has been used as the main justification of political oppression throughout the entirety of human history. You are literally practicing the same type of reasoning as the archbishops in the Medieval Europe did.

And why cannot atheists be lumped into a group, if theists can? After all, that is also what many religionists do, claiming that "atheists cannot have morals", or that "atheists inevitably create totalitarian states like Soviet Union or Mao's China". And there absolutely have been very hateful ideologies that align with atheism, such as communism, which religionists also do not hesitate to point out.

You, by calling all theists hateful, are doing the same thing as your local bishop is doing when calling all atheists immoral. No respect for or even acknowledgment of the immense diversity of the members of the group you are attacking.
  • maxxmaxx 801 Pts   -  
    i still stand by raists are the most hateful..no matter what group, religious, gang members, or even atheists; they hate others for a reaso and that is by discrimination of those who are different, have other morals and values, ideas, skin color and so on. It is not which or what group, it is the racists with-in that group. @MayCaesar