Are you a night owl or an early bird - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Are you a night owl or an early bird

Debate Information

I know this is not a debate but since a lot of stuff here at times is just general chit chat I am posting this. As for me, I am a night owl. It's now 1.30 am here. Having said that I'm not up as late as I used to be. I guess some of us just can't hang as we used to lol.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• DeeDee 4773 Pts   -  
    Early bird for me , I don’t always get the worms though ……10:30 at night does me for lights out 
    ZeusAres42
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 4676 Pts   -  
    I used to have a very scattered sleeping schedule, basically going to bed whenever I felt like it (in academia, you get to enjoy this luxury outside a tenure track). This would mean that some days I would go to bed at 9 pm, other days at 6 am, and sometimes I would not go at all. There was a period when I had very little to do on Monday, so I would stay up until around 8 am on Sunday-Monday, then take a 1.5 hour nap, go to work and suffer through the day of extreme sleepiness - then go home early in the evening and have a royal 11-12 hour sleep.

Nowadays, I have a strict fixed schedule where I go to be around 9:30 pm and wake up exactly at 5 am every morning, weekends included. I find that I feel much better throughout the day with such a schedule, get a lot more done, never ever feel sleepy - and get the great emotional boost in the morning, just as Jocko Willink described, where you feel ahead of everyone, running in the morning when everyone is still in their beds - and at the time everyone is still brushing their teeth, actively working or having fun.

I have believed all of my life that I could not be an early bird, yet now I am. I think that it is completely flexible, and anyone can have any sleeping schedule. It is just a matter of finding the one that synergizes best with your life situation and preferences. When I was younger and sillier, not caring about my health and well-being, career and such and just living life minute by minute, chaotic sleeping schedule worked for me - but nowadays, when I like to make some long-term plans and place more emphasis on feeling great overall, a fixed schedule works best for me. And in particular, the "early bird" one lays down nicely on my typical schedule.
    ZeusAres42
  • MayCaesar said:
    I used to have a very scattered sleeping schedule, basically going to bed whenever I felt like it (in academia, you get to enjoy this luxury outside a tenure track). This would mean that some days I would go to bed at 9 pm, other days at 6 am, and sometimes I would not go at all. There was a period when I had very little to do on Monday, so I would stay up until around 8 am on Sunday-Monday, then take a 1.5 hour nap, go to work and suffer through the day of extreme sleepiness - then go home early in the evening and have a royal 11-12 hour sleep.

Nowadays, I have a strict fixed schedule where I go to be around 9:30 pm and wake up exactly at 5 am every morning, weekends included. I find that I feel much better throughout the day with such a schedule, get a lot more done, never ever feel sleepy - and get the great emotional boost in the morning, just as Jocko Willink described, where you feel ahead of everyone, running in the morning when everyone is still in their beds - and at the time everyone is still brushing their teeth, actively working or having fun.

I have believed all of my life that I could not be an early bird, yet now I am. I think that it is completely flexible, and anyone can have any sleeping schedule. It is just a matter of finding the one that synergizes best with your life situation and preferences. When I was younger and sillier, not caring about my health and well-being, career and such and just living life minute by minute, chaotic sleeping schedule worked for me - but nowadays, when I like to make some long-term plans and place more emphasis on feeling great overall, a fixed schedule works best for me. And in particular, the "early bird" one lays down nicely on my typical schedule.

A much healthier lifestyle. I wish I had that willpower @MayCaesar xd.
    MayCaesar

• maxxmaxx 954 Pts   -  
    well, it may be genteic, i do not know, however, just like my  parents, i am an early bird.  perhaps it was due to association as how they were,  up early and bed early. . i do believe that is biologicallyt the healtist, if not genetically correct, for if i am not mistaken, early humans did the exact thing, due to night predators and lack of light in the evenings.@ZeusAres42
    ZeusAres42