frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

(Philosophy/psychology) The Dangers of teaching or certain stuff being accessible to some people

Debate Information

I believe there is a mixture here of both psychology and philosophy at play. Within these subjects, we will find topics such as critical thinking, cognitive biases, argumentation, emotions, how people think, how people behave, debate stuff, formal and informal logic, fallacies, Intelligence, Emotional Intelligence, epistemology, and much more.

Now, with this information, some people will, unfortunately, use it solely for malicious purposes I.E sociopaths and/or psychopaths. These kinds of people have no regard for the social contract but know exactly how to use it and take every opportunity to use it to their advantage. There is no point in reasoning with these guys as that is not their intention as they are not sincere. There is also no point in trying to appeal to their morality as they don't have any. These are the kinds of people that will pose as innocent, charming, feign ignorance, etc. You may find these people talking about compassion, empathy, etc but make no mistake; their whole motivation is purely to deceive and manipulate. As the saying goes "The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world he doesn't exist."

Now, I was originally going to ask "should some people not have access to this stuff?" However, that is not exactly feasible as sociopaths can still get access to this info as it's widely available. However, although I am not a professor I do think that it would be prudent for a professor to be selective in who he teaches what and who to. In addition to this, the next best thing is for the rest of us is to arm ourselves with this information so as a defense to the people that try to use it for manipulation purposes. This doesn't just help us with our debating but also generally in life I think.

And we can do this by learning about it with the stuff that is widely and freely available, and even subscribing to some great premium services where we will find people that are accredited and with far more academic rigor than ourselves. BTW, you might have noticed I have and will not post any sources, especially the premium sources but I think some of you know why. ;) That being said I do believe I do need to go back there as I do believe I am a little rusty.  :)
BlastcatDee

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments