Do you think anti-covid19 vaccine should be mandatory? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally by activity where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Do you think anti-covid19 vaccine should be mandatory?

Debate Information

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
44%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• DeeDee 4487 Pts   -   edited November 24
    I believe it should be for those who come into contact with the vulnerable these people are passing amongst the vulnerable in hospitals like this id-iot you cited , from your piece …..

"I wanted you to hear it from me personally. Unfortunately, 'General Hospital' has let me go because of the vaccine mandate," he said in a video posted on his Instagram. "I did apply for my medical and religious exemptions and both of those were denied, which hurts but this is also about personal freedom to me. I don't think anybody should lose their livelihood over this."

I’m delighted they had the guts to fire him , what medical exemptions is he talking about?  Religious exemptions are totally invalid as they are based on ridiculous superstitious nonsense which was not even relevant 500 years ago let alone now

Selfish fu-ckers who refuse to vaccine should be banned from restaurants , bars and the workplaces etc, etc also a foreign travel ban , your choices have consequences

• OakTownAOakTownA 92 Pts   -  
    My aunt was almost fired from her job for not receiving a COVID vaccine. She is a neonate nurse. The messed up thing is that she is extremely allergic to components of the vaccine, to the point that her doctor told her that if she got it, she would probably die. Her hospital would not accept a medical exemption, but would accept a religious exemption! Personally, I think that if you are working around people, especially those who are particularly vulnerable, you should be required to be vaccinated. The only exemptions should be medical, like for my aunt. Not being vaccinated is like driving drunk. You may make it out unscathed, but you might run into someone who dies because of your actions.
    Dee
  • Happy_KillbotHappy_Killbot 5282 Pts   -  
    @angelaimperial ;

A medical health crisis like a global pandemic is a major cause of loss of life and liberty for individuals. Any sovereign nation, has a right and a duty to protect its people to the maximum extent from the influence or danger of any entity, be that a foreign power or the natural world. In the case of pathogens or parasites such as viruses, one of the key ways that a country can protect its' citizens is through vaccination if they are available. For this reason, not only are vaccine mandates justified, they are in a sense a moral obligation for any civilized society.

In instances where the vaccine would be counterproductive, such as the aunt of @OakTownA , the vaccine need not be administered as this would be counter-productive to the actual goal of protecting public health and safety. For those who object to the vaccine for moral or religious reasons, their interests do not come before public health, as this would imply that a religion which seeks harm would be capable of undermining the interests of those who do not hold those moral or religious values, effectively placing everyone in harms way.

The nature of viruses and other pathogens is such that when people get sick, they tend to get others sick as well unintentionally. In this way, human bodies become weaponized without their consent under the pathogen's agency. Thinking about the virus as an outside influence, or an invading force which is only interested in propagating itself at our expense places the reality of the Covid-19 pandemic into context. A nation is obligated to actively and proactively protect its citizens, and as such a nation is obligated to provide vaccine support to the maximum extend possible, thus justifying vaccine mandates.
    OakTownA
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,
    Stars formed, planets coalesced, and on at least one of them life took root.
    Through a long process of evolution this life 
    developed into the human race.
    Humans conquered fire, built complex societies and advanced technology .

All of that so we can argue about nothing.
  • DeeDee 4487 Pts   -  
    @OakTownA

Yes there are people such as your aunt and the best course I guess is to test them daily to be safe. The religious exemptions drive me nuts and should not be accepted
    You’re right the unvaccinated mostly do not give a f-uck about others , I’m delighted to say country after country in Europe are starting to limit the movements of the unvaccinated suggestions being no more restaurants , pubs , concerts ,cinemas etc , etc that will make them revise their opinions I’ll bet 
    OakTownA
  • MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 922 Pts   -  
    @angelaimperial

Yeah that's a great idea, fire experienced medical personnel during a pandemic where supposedly resources and hospital personnel are thin.

But I guess I understand because vaccinated people can't spread the virus...oh wait
    @MichaelElpers ;

But I guess I understand because vaccinated people can't spread the virus...oh wait
    The current evidence suggests that viral load is only equal to unvaccinated people for a brief period, and even then the viral particles formed are weak or malformed. The only instance where the effects are fully expected is if a breakthrough infection in a symptomatic patient which is very rare.

Basically, the idea "vaccinated people can still spread the virus" is a gross oversimplification of the medical reality based on the current scientific understanding, and is more meme than useful information.

https://publichealth.jhu.edu/2021/new-data-on-covid-19-transmission-by-vaccinated-individuals
    OakTownA
    At some point in the distant past, the universe went through a phase of cosmic inflation,

@Happy_Killbot

Break through cases aren't very rare.  Otherwise we should have immunity at this point.

The numbers can be seen around the world.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/trends-in-mortality-and-morbidity-in-the-most-vaccinated-countries-twenty-one-proven-facts/5761773
    @MichaelElpers ;
    Break through cases aren't very rare.  Otherwise we should have immunity at this point.
    ????

a breakthrough case is when someone gets the disease despite being vaccinated. 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/effectiveness/why-measure-effectiveness/breakthrough-cases.html
    The numbers can be seen around the world.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/trends-in-mortality-and-morbidity-in-the-most-vaccinated-countries-twenty-one-proven-facts/5761773
    The word "breakthrough" does not appear in that source. As far as I can tell, this is a a pseudo-science site.
    https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/global-research/ ;

I mean, if you click on the "home" logo, the very first source title reads: "The Covid-19 Pandemic Does Not Exist

Smh.

• DeeDee 4487 Pts   -   edited November 25
    @MichaelElpers

Dear oh dear , I often wondered where you get your bull from , your go to source is the nutty GR site. Why is it you resist anything with solid science behind it? Your climate change denier also right?

People like you ought to hang your heads in shame as your words have no doubt convinced others that vaccines are ineffective but you lot don’t care do you?

I love GR’s opener …..”What they don’t want you to know “ ……..The big almighty “they “ …..LOL

Here is your favourite source which is to nutty for some of the biggest nuts on the globe , it’s got several pages on Rational Wiki dedicated to its lunacy ….

Globally researching, globally wrong.
    Some dare call it
    Conspiracy
    Icon conspiracysvg
    What THEY don't want
    you to know!

—Everything you need to know about Globalresearch[1]

Globalresearch is an "anti-Western" website that can't distinguish between serious analysis and discreditable junk — and so publishes both. It's basically the moonbatequivalent to Infowars or WND.

While some of GlobalResearch's articles discuss legitimate humanitarian concerns, its view of scienceeconomics, and geopolitics is conspiracist — if something goes wrong, the Jews West didit! The site has long been a crank magnet: If you disagree with "Western" sources on 9/11, or HAARP, or vaccines, or H1N1, or climate change, or anything published by the "mainstream" media, then GlobalResearch is guaranteed to have a page you will love.

The website (under the domain names globalresearch.ca(link)globalresearch.org(link)globalresearch.com(link), and sister site mondialisation.ca(link)) is run by the Montreal-based non-profit The Centre for Research on Globalisation (CRG) founded by Michel Chossudovsky (1946–),[2][3] a professor emeritus of economics at the University of Ottawa, Canada.[4]

Whenever someone makes a remarkable claim and cites GlobalResearch, they are almost certainly wrong. GlobalResearch is such a bad reference that it has been put on the anti-spam blacklist for English Wikipedia.[5]

Do not confuse Globalresearch with globalnews.ca, which is a perfectly ordinary news site.

• DeeDee 4487 Pts   -  
    @Happy_Killbot

I mean, if you click on the "home" logo, the very first source title reads: "The Covid-19 Pandemic Does Not Exist

The guy who wrote the article owns CR he is a top tier conspiracy theorist , the majority of his writings are completely bonkers , sadly there people are partly responsible for spreading disinformation and causing untold misery and death , to see how nutty the guy is have a look at the link …..

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Michel_Chossudovsky
    Happy_Killbot
    @Happy_Killbot

That maybe fair.  Honestly I was sent that link and hadn't looked it over too much. Sorry.

Still breakout cases aren't rare, they're generally accepted at this point.  My state alone has had over 56000 breakthrough cases and it's not one of the larger ones.
    @MichaelElpers ;

I have no idea where you are getting your data from, but I find that 56,000 number unlikely given that the highest number I can find is California with only 21,083 breakthrough diagnoses, provided this data was published at the end of July so a lot could have changed since then.

https://www.kff.org/policy-watch/covid-19-vaccine-breakthrough-cases-data-from-the-states/

Looking at these numbers though, breakthrough cases hover around ~1% of all new covid-19 cases, although they are inconsistent from state to state, and many are not even reporting them at all. (this is a huge oversight imo but it is irrelevant for now)
    Dee

@MichaelElpers ;

From the source:

"So far, of the 3,363,241 fully vaccinated people in Indiana, 56,234 breakthrough cases have been recorded, which is 3,750 more than last week. Two weeks ago, 48,676 breakthrough cases were confirmed."

Doing the math, this equates to about ~1.67% of all vaccinations which is on par with the previously cited numbers. It would seem to me based on this I could claim that breakthrough cases are quite rare and consequently, the vaccine is quite effective.

This effectiveness is comparable to most birth control or certain types of cancer surgery.
    Dee