does pineapple belong on pizza - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally by activity where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

does pineapple belong on pizza

Debate Information

does pineapple belong on pizza

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• piloteerpiloteer 1442 Pts   -  
    @Elina

Sure.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 4152 Pts   -  
    I have never run into a combination of two foods that cannot be put together into a tasty meal. Name any two edible ingredients, and I will make a feast out of them!

Pineapple pizzas are no exception. In fact, they are marvelous, and anyone who says otherwise does not deserve to walk this Earth.
    NotReally
  • ThorThor 277 Pts   -  
    I think its ridiculous to have pineapples on pizza! And I saw an video of Italian saying they never eat pineapples with pizza. So the answer of the question would be no they don't belong on pizzas. Here is the link:-  Italian Tries Domino's Pizza for the First Time | Italians Try American Pizza - YouTube

Though if any Italian corrects me then I would change my answer. So surely if she is not wrong being an Italian, obviously lol, then they don't.
    Peace 
    MayCaesar said:
    I have never run into a combination of two foods that cannot be put together into a tasty meal. Name any two edible ingredients, and I will make a feast out of them!

Pineapple pizzas are no exception. In fact, they are marvelous, and anyone who says otherwise does not deserve to walk this Earth.
    I agree with everything you said here, except the last sentence. 
    @piloteer

Now, this is how holy wars start... Time for the Pineapple Pizza Crusade!
    OakTownA
  • SwolliwSwolliw 1297 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar @piloteer @Elina @Thor
    Now, this is how holy wars start... Time for the Pineapple Pizza

The revolution has long since gone and pineapple on pizza is here to stay. Where I come from the "Hawaiian" is the most popular pizza. After a full night on the town and you lost count of how many tequila shots you had, there is nothing better than staggering into the nearest Wog restaurant and hassle the heck out of Luigi for the best ham and pineapple pizza he can knock up, with extra mozzarella and red chilis, oh yeah, bring it on. And the amazing thing is that when you chunder it up ten minutes later it looks exactly the same as before it went in...Huh.

• DeeDee 4487 Pts   -   edited November 27
    It’s a pretty vile concoction to me , the sort of tripe one eats when there’s f-uck all else left in the fridge and extreme drunkenness leads you to imagine it would be a “delightful “ accompaniment to the beer and wine you're wolfing down ……it’s a favorite with the drunk the reason being they are drunk and keep repeating past mistakes in the hope of a different experience …..

MayCaesar said:
    @piloteer

Now, this is how holy wars start... Time for the Pineapple Pizza Crusade!
    But that puts me in a weird place because I do like pineapple on pizza, but the "pizza crusaders" will tell me I'm either with them, or I'm an enemy. But I have friends who don't like pineapple on pizza.    
  • piloteerpiloteer 1442 Pts   -   edited November 26
    Thor said:
    I think its ridiculous to have pineapples on pizza! And I saw an video of Italian saying they never eat pineapples with pizza. So the answer of the question would be no they don't belong on pizzas. Here is the link:-  Italian Tries Domino's Pizza for the First Time | Italians Try American Pizza - YouTube

Though if any Italian corrects me then I would change my answer. So surely if she is not wrong being an Italian, obviously lol, then they don't.
    Italians are not the end all be all to what goes on pizza, and I'm not being biased because I am Italian. Pasta was invented in China, but it didn't become great until the Italians made their own version. There's no reason the rest of the world can add what they want to pizza.
  • ThorThor 277 Pts   -  
    piloteer said:
    Thor said:

Italians are not the end all be all to what goes on pizza, and I'm not being biased because I am Italian. Pasta was invented in China, but it didn't become great until the Italians made their own version. There's no reason the rest of the world can add what they want to pizza.

Oh that's great. Yes though I didn't mean that they or you have to decide what goes on it. I was the answering the question of OP that if pineapples belong to pizza. Sure one can eat whatever combination they like and if in the US people like to eat then its great. But for me that's worst. And no one is stopping them to eat it. Anyways, pineapples doesn't originally belong to pizzas. Though I can give you 1000 more combinations on pizza, which doesn't mean they belong to it. 
    Peace 
    piloteer said:

But that puts me in a weird place because I do like pineapple on pizza, but the "pizza crusaders" will tell me I'm either with them, or I'm an enemy. But I have friends who don't like pineapple on pizza.    
    Well, for the cause like this, the friends can be sacrificed. As they say, some eggs must be broken to make an omelet!
  • Does pineapple belong on pizza? Pineapple belongs with pork and pork products and is suited for cheeses as well... If the pizza has a pork product as a topping then yes pineapple will work as a culinary companion to the dish. It might also be noted that apple as fruit goes well with both cheese and pork so it also goes well with pizza. It is however far less popular.
  • NotReallyNotReally 50 Pts   -  
    @Elina

The Assertion here is: Does pineapple belong on a pizza?

First, we define Pizza:

Pizza is a dish of Italian origin consisting of a usually round, flat base of leavened wheat-based dough topped with tomatoes, cheese, and often various other ingredients, which is then baked at a high temperature, traditionally in a wood-fired oven. 

Here, the phrase often various other ingredients is given, so the banana is possible, it is one of the items that can belong on pizza. Personal opinion is null and void in such an assertion.

Done.