How can we help those in need after the tornado outbreak? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

How can we help those in need after the tornado outbreak?

Debate Information

I'm sure we've seen the news that there was a big tornado outbreak in the Midwest, which includes where I stay, there have been people left homeless afterwards and I'm sure we want to help, so how would you do it?
  1. Live Poll

How would you help those struggling after the tornado outbreak?

2 votes
    1. Donate money
      100.00%
    2. Donate food
        0.00%
    3. Help take them to homeless shelters
        0.00%
    4. Build new homeless shelters for them
        0.00%
"I will never change who I am just because you do not approve."

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• OakTownAOakTownA 188 Pts   -  
    I would say "all of the above," except I would replace "building homeless shelters" with building new homes. Donations of food, clothing, household products, toiletries, pet supplies, menstrual products, etc. are also useful. In the long term, rebuilding the infrastructures, especially schools and hospitals is going to be crucial.
    piloteer
  • exconexcon 454 Pts   -  
    Luigi7255 said:
    we want to help, so how would you do it?

Hello L:

Vote for a Democrat..  They'll see that FEMA is adequately funded. 

excon
    CYDdhartaOakTownA
  • Luigi7255Luigi7255 565 Pts   -   edited December 2021
    @OakTownA

I was going to put "All of the above" but DI decided to be a piece of crap and posted it before I was done
    OakTownA
    "I will never change who I am just because you do not approve."
  • piloteerpiloteer 1511 Pts   -  
    Luigi7255 said:
    @OakTownA

I was going to put "All of the above" but DI decided to be a piece of crap and posted it before I was done
    Don't worry Luigi, I was gonna put that also, but I was waaaaaaaay behind all of you!  
  • JoeKerrJoeKerr 241 Pts   -  
    All the things suggested should be done, but I also think that counselling for victims should be readily available.
    It must be quite a horrific experience to see your home destroyed, made worse if you also suffered the loss of a loved one as a result of the storm.
    OakTownA
  • BarnardotBarnardot 133 Pts   -  
    I would say that we should help those people but we should help the starving people in Africa and India and Bangladesh and Afghanistan first because not only do they have no decent homes, they don’t even have enough food. I bet all the tornado victims will get decent places to live in and they will all have enough southern fried chicken to eat.@Luigi7255
  • SwolliwSwolliw 1410 Pts   -  
    @Barnardot
    I would say that we should help those people but we should help the starving people in Africa and India and Bangladesh and Afghanistan first 

Well said and, it is a jab straight back in the eye of bigots who just love to say, "Derr well, I'm not racist but I think we should look after our own people before we start giving aid to those (people) in them backward countries". 

Of course, all they are saying (since such a time would never come that local aid will cease) is "I hate those (people) and they can all get knotted and starve to death for all I care."

• OakTownAOakTownA 188 Pts   -  
    As a mental health worker, I agree 100%!
  • exconexcon 454 Pts   -  

Hello L:

I'm gonna answer you again.

Disasters happen everywhere to both Republicans and Democrats..  It seems to me, that after we've suffered a disaster, we shouldn't have to ask those questions..  Wouldn't it be nice, if there was an emergency, and the government showed up to actually HELP..

Yeah, I know.. It's wishful thinking..

excon
  • piloteerpiloteer 1511 Pts   -  
    @Swolliw

I believe the people who were effected by the tornadoes should be helped, as well as all the other people you've mentioned. It's not hateful to want to help others. It's only hateful if you do not want to help others. Just because I want to help my fellow citizens, it doesn't mean I'm a strict nationalist who hates all other countries.    
  • SwolliwSwolliw 1410 Pts   -  
    @piloteer
    It's only hateful if you do not want to help others. Just because I want to help my fellow citizens, it doesn't mean I'm a strict nationalist who hates all other countries.    

I thoroughly agree...I was merely taking a swipe at the bigots....."Derrr welll ahhh, I'm not racist BUT we should be helpin out our own (fair skinned) folk here before we start sendin our spondoulikas to them &%$# @&;*%$ **&^@s over there."

piloteer