What is the best conspiracy theory, in terms of the most entertaining? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

What is the best conspiracy theory, in terms of the most entertaining?

Debate Information

Yeah, here's another fun debate that I thought would be great. I personally love researching conspiracy theories so I can know the ins-and-outs of the topic, and show the conspiracy theorists that they're wrong and might even get them away from the theory. My favorite would be hard to determine, but my favorite is Qanon because of the thought of just how specific it is and how die-hard people are for it just makes me laugh
OakTownA
"I will never change who I am just because you do not approve."

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• SwolliwSwolliw 1410 Pts   -  
    @Luigi7255
    Quanon is a good one but I can think of one conspiracy theory that is more bizarre than all the others put together.
    God. That's right; there are actually weirdos out there who believe that the entire universe and life were created by some mysterious being. Furthermore, they explain the validity of their conspiracy by saying that this god thing is invisible and hangs out in some invisible dimension, errr, ummm somewhere and that the god has magical powers to do just about anything.

I know, I know....I am quoting a rather extreme case here but you have got to wonder about the mental stability of those who happen to get sucked in by such a conspiracy.
    OakTownA
  • anarchist100anarchist100 605 Pts   -  
    Qanon is dead, all of Q's predictions have turned out to not be true, and the premise behind it was always pretty ridiculous.

I'm actually a conspiracy person myself however I to find that some theories are only good for entertainment. Just like in any other large group of people there are reasonable people, and there are crazy people. I think a big reason for this is that we know something is not right, we know there are things they're not telling us, but there are still a lot of unanswered questions, so a person will come up with theories to explain these things, and begin to construct their own reality where they have answers to all these questions, and this becomes basically a religion for them, they stray from fact based questioning, to dogmatic outlandish theories because they are uncomfortable with how little we know for sure, I don't consider myself a conspiracy theorist, I know something isn't right, I know there are things they don't tell us, I don't trust the government one bit, but I don't try to to explain everything with theories, I don't pretend to know what it's all about, I have some theories but that's all they are, theories. I don't pretend to know everything.

As for Qanon, I believe that Qanon was likely a hoax perpetrated by the government to lead people in the wrong direction, after all the whole message behind it is "Trust The Plan". Telling people not to do anything about the problems the elites behind the hoax are creating, because the Don's got it all under control.
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1779 Pts   -  
    Meh, Qanon has nothing on the Trump-Russia collusion hoax.  There has never been a bigger conspiracy theory in US history.
  • OakTownAOakTownA 188 Pts   -  
    Aside from Qannon, I'd have to go with Flat Earther's. We've known that the earth is spherical for thousands of years, and somehow, in the 2000's more people started believing the earth is flat. FFS! The most dangerous, however, are probably the anti-vaxers. Measles was close to going extinct, and then the anti-vaxers happened. We'd be farther along in the COVID pandemic if more people would stop listening to the anti-vaxers, and get their Fouchi Ouchie.
    Swolliw
  • SonofasonSonofason 401 Pts   -   edited January 7
    OakTownA said:
    Aside from Qannon, I'd have to go with Flat Earther's. We've known that the earth is spherical for thousands of years, and somehow, in the 2000's more people started believing the earth is flat. FFS! The most dangerous, however, are probably the anti-vaxers. Measles was close to going extinct, and then the anti-vaxers happened. We'd be farther along in the COVID pandemic if more people would stop listening to the anti-vaxers, and get their Fouchi Ouchie.
    Flat Earther's is a good one, but there is nothing funnier than the democrat's conspiracy theory that Donald Trump incited rioting in DC on January 6.
    CYDdharta
  • SonofasonSonofason 401 Pts   -  
    OakTownA said:
    Yeah, but the earth would be much better off if we just let the weak die.
  • SwolliwSwolliw 1410 Pts   -  
    @Sonofason
    ........there is nothing funnier than the democrat's conspiracy theory that Donald Trump incited rioting in DC on January 6.

I can think of something much funnier than that but also, sad at the same time. And that is the God conspiracy. There are actually people out there that the universe and life were built by some invisible god creature. Verry funny yet very sad.

OakTownA
  • SonofasonSonofason 401 Pts   -  
    Swolliw said:
    @Sonofason
    ........there is nothing funnier than the democrat's conspiracy theory that Donald Trump incited rioting in DC on January 6.

I can think of something much funnier than that but also, sad at the same time. And that is the God conspiracy. There are actually people out there that the universe and life were built by some invisible god creature. Verry funny yet very sad.

Yes, unlike you, there are some people who THINK.
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1779 Pts   -  
    @Swolliw

That's more plausible than the conspiracy theory that Donald Trump incited DC riots.
    Swolliw
  • JeffreyBlankenshipJeffreyBlankenship 314 Pts   -  
    @Luigi7255. I'd say the fact that 5G is mind control apparently 
    OakTownA
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 4521 Pts   -  
    In Russia, there is a bizarre conspiracy theory found in the dankest places of the Internet; according to it, real Putin was killed about a decade ago and replaced by a Chinese clone who looks exactly like Putin did, but his strings are pulled by the Chinese government. The arguments used in support of this conspiracy theory are so bizarre, they are almost cute, and it is impossible not to smile reading them, thinking, "Oh, you poor thing..."
    OakTownA
  • Luigi7255Luigi7255 565 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar

Ooh, I wanna see it. Give me a synopsis of the arguments so we can laugh at it
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 4521 Pts   -  
    @Luigi7255

It is something along these lines: once Putin disappeared for a week to undergo some operation at a hospital, and when he came back, he looked more tired than usual after the operation; it was especially noticeable in their eyes which, as with all tired people, were a bit narrower than usual. They interpreted it as this being a different person, a Chinese impostor. It coincided with some diplomatic meeting between him and the CCP leader, so all the pieces fell into place!

Usually in Russia political conspiracy theories involve the US, the UK, Israel or Ukraine, but China also comes up sometimes.
    Luigi7255OakTownA
  • Luigi7255Luigi7255 565 Pts   -  
    @MayCaesar

I love it. How they made a theory from a person being naturally tired is hilarious