musical opinion - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally by activity where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

musical opinion

Debate Information

what if any, do you believe is the most well written song that ever was constructed, lyric wise?  inmy opinion it would have to be american pie by don mclean

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Luigi7255Luigi7255 484 Pts   -  
    Bohemian Rhapsody, no doubt. The lyrics illustrate the story super well
    OakTownA
    "I will never change who I am just because you do not approve."
  • maxxmaxx 826 Pts   -  
    i am not exactly sure if there is an actuall story behind their song.  the reason i  picked american pie was  well, hereAmerican Pie by Don McLean - Songfacts .@Luigi7255
  • Luigi7255Luigi7255 484 Pts   -  
    @maxx

Not all good songs need to tell an actual story through their lyrics, some can never happen, yet they're good songs, Stairway to Heaven is an amazing song, and it tells a fantasy story through its lyrics
    OakTownApiloteer
    "I will never change who I am just because you do not approve."
  • exconexcon 377 Pts   -  

Hello m:

Let It Be.

excon
    OakTownA
  • maxxmaxx 826 Pts   -  
    ah yes,  i shpould have elaborated.  i was looking for great well written songs that had an actuall real life meaning.  a story behind the words.  the beatles did a good job on the song, however you should watch on you tube, as the kelly family sang it; live version  @excon
  • OakTownAOakTownA 104 Pts   -  
    Spring Day by BTS:

Not only is it inspired by friendship, and Ursula K. Le Guin's novel 'The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas', the images in the music video were inspired by the Sewol Ferry disaster.

Here are the lyrics, translated into English:

• SwolliwSwolliw 1328 Pts   -  
    @maxx
    i am not exactly sure if there is an actuall story behind their song.  

Same applies to American Pie, A once struggling Don McLean was asked what the lyrics mean....."They mean that I get to pay my debts"

• piloteerpiloteer 1484 Pts   -  
    @maxx

I get the feeling you don't actually know what that atrocious song by Don McLean is actually about, as most people don't. If you would like some of the interpretations of the messages in the song, I will be happy to do so for you. But take my word for it, his message is of no real impactful importance. It's only a personal observation of popular culture at the time the song was made.  
    excon said:

Hello m:

Let It Be.

excon
    Sorry but, Yucky. Worst Beatles album 
  • maxxmaxx 826 Pts   -  
    actualy i do  itis about that plane crash that kiled some great singers @piloteer
  • maxxmaxx 826 Pts   -   edited January 11
    buddy holly and a few others died in that plane crash  look it up @Swolliw
    OakTownA
  • maxxmaxx 826 Pts   -  
    very nice  thank you  @OakTownA
    OakTownA
  • piloteerpiloteer 1484 Pts   -   edited January 11
    Luigi7255 said:
    @maxx

Not all good songs need to tell an actual story through their lyrics, some can never happen, yet they're good songs, Stairway to Heaven is an amazing song, and it tells a fantasy story through its lyrics
    Led Zeppelin used lyrical imagery and thematic elements in their songs, but many of them have no apparent meaning including stairway to heaven. A common theme in Zeppelin songs is justice and things that corrupt it, or inhibit it from being fulfilled. The story talks about a woman trying to buy a stairway to heaven. Obviously the imagery of this implies she's trying to circumvent the proper fulfillment of getting to heaven and buy her way to heaven instead of doing all the things one is expected to do to get to heaven. In other words, she's trying to circumvent the proper fulfillment of justice.

Gallows pole also uses the same theme. It's a song about a condemned man who pleads with his hangman to let him go if he gives him riches and his sister who does not resist her brothers request to offer herself to the hangman. In the end, the hangman ends up hanging the condemned man's sister. There is no real conclusive interpretation of these lyrics, but instead a message purposely made to be open for interpretation.           

In stairway to heaven, one of the most stand out lines is "yes there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run there's still time to change the road your on. It's hard to not interpret this as some kind of message of hope, but still without any specific meaning.   
    OakTownALuigi7255
    @maxx

Actually, the song is about how the new popular culture icons were communist drug addict homosexuals who rejected the old values of America which the good ole boys use to have as values. It's a song about the fall of the US into decadence.  
  • maxxmaxx 826 Pts   -  
    matter of opinion, however, when it was produced , clean stated it was about the loss of the singers.  i think it was in rolling stone magazine.  @piloteer
  • maxxmaxx 826 Pts   -  
    stairway to heaven is very good. @piloteer
    piloteer
  • BarnardotBarnardot 63 Pts   -  
    I reckon that God save the queen is the best the one done by the sex pustules. Johnny rotten really did a good job of singing that and I bet the queen really hated it since he implied that she had a fachist regime. @maxx
    piloteer
    maxx said:
    stairway to heaven is very good. @piloteer
    I'm not the hugest Zeppelin fan now that I'm getting old, but yes, many Led Zeppelin songs were very good despite my feelings on them. 
  • piloteerpiloteer 1484 Pts   -   edited January 12
    Barnardot said:
    I reckon that God save the queen is the best the one done by the sex pustules. Johnny rotten really did a good job of singing that and I bet the queen really hated it since he implied that she had a fachist regime. @maxx
    That is true, the song was actually banned in Britain for a time, BUT, John Lydon (Rotten) has publicly distanced himself from any messages of resentment the song may have conveyed and denied that he does, or ever has had any feelings of resentment towards the Queen or the people of Britain. When there was a campaign to get the song to reach the number 1 spot in the UK charts after it was re-released in 2001, John Lydon publicly said he did not support that campaign because the reason for the campaign undermined everything the sex pistols stood for, and the song was never meant to be a hateful song, just a protest song. Mr Lydon says he appreciates that the music of the sex pistols has been reissued for a new generation of fans, but he does not want his message to be construed as anti-British or resentful towards the Queen.