Is the God Christians worship evil? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Is the God Christians worship evil?

Debate Information

How come Satan doesn't do evil things in the Bible?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• BarnardotBarnardot 133 Pts   -  
    That’s a good question but I really don’t know what the answer is. Do you know? @JimmyGross
  • DeeDee 4703 Pts   -  

Well the biblical god approves of slaughter , rape, disease, mass murder , infanticide , injustice , hatred , bigotry once it’s done in his name , the biblical god  slaughters millions the Devil kills Jobs family as god goaded him into doing it ……the death count for god is in the millions and for the devil 10 yet god is the good guy …..proves most Christian’s never even open a Bible and like Putin supporters they forgive their god anything 
    JoeKerrOakTownAMeex
  • JoeKerrJoeKerr 241 Pts   -  
    The bible tells us all there is to know about the Christian god, and most of it is about his penchant for killing people. He even sent his son to his death, or was it himself? Never mind, that's another piece of foolishness.
    It never ceases to amaze me why people worship this god, yet they do. They condone its every action, its every thought. You would imagine that the command to slaughter children would be more than enough for people to reject this god, but again, no. Out pour the excuses for this god's barbarity. No one understands how the mind of god works they cry. Well, I for one have no trouble understanding how this god's mind works. It's the mind of those who worship such a being that I have difficulty understanding.
    The god Christians worship is most certainly evil!

OakTownA
  • How come Satan doesn't do evil things in the Bible?

Here is the rub...

Is the God Christians worship evil?

A father who may become a parent unknowingly without sex does not have to be a evil state of the union described in other ways. However a Christian and a person of another religion might want to understand that the word God in the sentence is used as an axiom and the faith or belief is not the self-evident truth of the axiom itself.

The idea of faith does not hurt me.
    Is it just me, again, or is it cruel and unusual punishment not to be able to share the joy that comes at the connection of a  beginning a part of a thing so precious as a life itself starting as not our own?

• dallased25dallased25 171 Pts   -  
    Reading the bible is what de-converted me from christianity because after reading what a monster this god was, one of my questions to the minister of my church was "How is Satan the evil one, when god is the one killing people?" It is a legitimate question. The minister's answer was "God is good and his actions are beyond our understanding." That was a completely unacceptable answer because it presupposes that god is the good one. After reading the bible, I had a different take, that Lucifer, the fallen angel, wasn't actually the bad one. He saw what god was and what he was doing to his own creations and stood up in defiance of god and that's the reason why god threw him out and condemned him. Lucifer was the first defiance of an almighty immoral genocidal dictator who not only murdered his own creations, but prescribed slavery and condemned everyone who didn't love him to an eternity of torture. Christians will talk about how bad Satan is, but when asked what he actually did or does...they will say "he leads people away from god and is evil". That's the whole reason he's evil?!?! Now as it stands I don't believe either exists at all, but it's incredible to me that people can read the bible, read about god committing genocide in the OT multiple times, committing infanticide, sending a bear to maul children, accepting child sacrifices for war deals, normalizing slavery and instituting compulsory love on pain of eternal torture.....would say that this character is the good one. That's the true poison of religion is that it makes ordinary people believe, say and do disgusting, immoral and evil things. 
    OakTownA
  • @dallased25

Was he now witness. Lucifer.
    Look at GOD as a axiom being self-evident truth an the angle wanting to shed heavenly wings be the self-evident truth raises no alarms to you? Lucifer wated to knowingly kill and reap it as a harvest of humanity fool. The only poison I see is that which comes by the fruits of knowledge when a person who confesses not knowing a whole truth is made out to be the less person between two evils. How is this? Why the angle is the fallacy of evil by argument is due to the shedding of independent idea to become that which is not possible in fact when self-evident truth of all action is GOD.

You do not get it. A self-evident truth is not the choice built around thought of truth in a mind, it is the acceptance of truth to agree not to understand without a thought for there is no doubt because we are created in the image of self-evident truth does not mean we are identical to the pattern of truth which will remain visible to our eye. Self-evident after we trail and fail at living forever are we but human or angle in the preservation of our own reflection of breath.

I get it you feel jaded like the lover of passion as GOD having been writen about by inspired human hands does not appear to you in any understandable ways...
    It is okay the self-evident truth knows you are awake and find friendship in lack of understanding. It does not change Lucifer for what becomes a angle seeking to take the place of GOD.
  • You show no weekness greater than that of Angles the direct deciples of GOD to whom you never met.
  • OakTownAOakTownA 188 Pts   -  
    Same. I decided if I was going to be a Christian, I should know what my holy book said, so I read it. I decided that, while I like what Jesus has to say about living with compassion and kindness, I found God disturbingly violent, sexist, and xenophobic. I realized I could walk with compassion without being Christian. It took another decade or so before I realized that there is no evidence for a deity or deities. 
    John_C_87 said:
    @dallased25

Was he now witness. Lucifer.
    Look at GOD as a axiom being self-evident truth an the angle wanting to shed heavenly wings be the self-evident truth raises no alarms to you? Lucifer wated to knowingly kill and reap it as a harvest of humanity fool. The only poison I see is that which comes by the fruits of knowledge when a person who confesses not knowing a whole truth is made out to be the less person between two evils. How is this? Why the angle is the fallacy of evil by argument is due to the shedding of independent idea to become that which is not possible in fact when self-evident truth of all action is GOD.

You do not get it. A self-evident truth is not the choice built around thought of truth in a mind, it is the acceptance of truth to agree not to understand without a thought for there is no doubt because we are created in the image of self-evident truth does not mean we are identical to the pattern of truth which will remain visible to our eye. Self-evident after we trail and fail at living forever are we but human or angle in the preservation of our own reflection of breath.

I get it you feel jaded like the lover of passion as GOD having been writen about by inspired human hands does not appear to you in any understandable ways...
    It is okay the self-evident truth knows you are awake and find friendship in lack of understanding. It does not change Lucifer for what becomes a angle seeking to take the place of GOD.
    @John_C_87 "Lucifer wated to knowingly kill and reap it as a harvest of humanity fool." How many did Lucifer kill and reap in the bible vs god? Go ahead and count...I'll wait. 

The rest of what you said mostly is nonsensical gibberish. Is English your second language? 

Lastly don't presume to speak for me. I don't "feel jaded", I simply read the bible cover to cover and said "There's no way this was written or inspired by a god". The rest is an observation of what I deem as characters in a story, but for you, you take it personally, but can't actually argue the points I made, so you lash out in anger....I get it. For me it was once personal as well, but I'm not insulting you, I'm calling into question why you worship and believe in a being that is inarguably evil? You ironically made my point from my last post, because all you can say about Lucifer is that he tried to take the place of god and that's the whole reason you call him evil...even though he never condoned slavery, never committed mass genocide, never created hell, never created the rules by which souls are judged to eternal torment and was only allowed to kill at this same gods will. Seriously, look it up. So even the murders committed by Lucifer were god's fault. So I'm sorry that you can't argue the points and apparently can't spell "Angel" (Angle is a mathematical term, something you rant about, but apparently don't understand as well). So please try again, without resorting to "you just don't understand the bible or god", or "Lucifer is the evil one because he challenged god". Try to actually defend gods actions as anything other than evil. Justify the mass genocide, allowance of slavery and him ordering the murder of "children and infants". Go ahead....try. 
  • dallased25dallased25 171 Pts   -   edited March 18
    OakTownA said:
    Same. I decided if I was going to be a Christian, I should know what my holy book said, so I read it. I decided that, while I like what Jesus has to say about living with compassion and kindness, I found God disturbingly violent, sexist, and xenophobic. I realized I could walk with compassion without being Christian. It took another decade or so before I realized that there is no evidence for a deity or deities. 
    @OakTownA
    Ironically, it was a christian from my own church who challenged me to fulfill my obligation under 1:Peter 3:15, to read the bible. So...I did. Right from Genesis I started having problems. I literally did a double take when Cain's wife appeared out of nowhere, went back and read the prior scriptures again because I was like "Wait! What? Where'd she come from?" That led to note taking and jotting down about 8 pages worth of questions for my minister and that was just through Exodus. When my minister really couldn't answer them and referred me to another minister...who then referred me to some books that also didn't answer the questions...it led me down a whole rabbit hole of apologetics, all of which were equally as disappointing, because all of them had different answers for the same questions....meaning none of them knew and were just making up the answers. Once I realized that the leadership in most christian churches weren't experts and were rather dismissive of these very important issues, I realized that they didn't actually care about the truth, they just cared about believing because they were scared of what might happen if they don't. Like you, it took about another decade before I had my beliefs sorted out, but I'm always learning and am open to new evidence, but the religious never have any. 
    OakTownA
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 4521 Pts   -  
    Monotheists go around that by saying that god is the source of all morals, hence everything god does is good by definition, and everything that runs against his actions and designs is bad by definition. From this perspective, "evil god" is an oxymoron. Satan is evil by nature of him opposing god, regardless of the details of that opposition.

From a more secular perspective according to which morals are derived from logic and observations made in the objective reality, of course, all monotheistic gods appear fairly evil, as they do things and advocate for things that make lives of countless human beings unbearable.
  • @dallased25

The rest of what you said mostly is nonsensical gibberish. Is English your second language? 
    The dark Angle fell from heaven...the angel was not pushed from heaven and other angles the self-evident truth banished lucifer to the underworld. I will stick with summarizing for you...

"Lucifer wanted to knowingly kill and reap it as a harvest of humanity fool." How many did Lucifer kill and reap in the bible vs god? Go ahead and count...I'll wait. If it comforts, you thinking I am not writing English believe what you will... I describe GOD as non-religious, so it may be possible your friend lucifer wishes you not to understand what he himself cannot comprehend as well. I defend the liberty of self-evident truth not the concept of fallen angle. I am not mad; I address you as a fool. I am not here to defend or accuse Lucifer of the angles own mistake.

The Bible is a piece of a puzzle that is has never been held as one journal.

• @MayCaesar
    Monotheists go around that by saying that god is the source of all morals, hence everything god does is good by definition, and everything that runs against his actions and designs is bad by definition. From this perspective, "evil god" is an oxymoron. Satan is evil by nature of him opposing god, regardless of the details of that opposition.

I might in truth say Lucifer is the angle who wished to be GOD never knowing as a form the shape of the wish. The angel had grasped what was out of reach. Again, the question is why Adam did not receive the blessing of GOD and eat the snake with Eve to quench hunger of living independent of GOD. Within self-evident truth describes the harvest of apples as the fallen food from the tree of life as a sacrifice meant for Eden paradise they rest within. A self-evident truth is not bound to never change in the first place. Understand?

John_C_87 said:
    dallased25

The dark Angle fell from heaven...the angel was not pushed from heaven and other angles the self-evident truth banished lucifer to the underworld. I will stick with summarizing for you...

I am familiar with the stories, you haven't tole me anything I don't know, but funny that your answer doesn't at all address my question. So it's just more gibberish. 

If it comforts, you thinking I am not writing English believe what you will... I describe GOD as non-religious, so it may be possible your friend lucifer wishes you not to understand what he himself cannot comprehend as well. I defend the liberty of self-evident truth not the concept of fallen angle. I am not mad; I address you as a fool. I am not here to defend or accuse Lucifer of the angles own mistake.

So you avoided the question. I'll clue you in, in the bible Satan kills 10 people and the majority are directly allowed by god in his wager over the loyalty of Job. Meanwhile this god character kills millions. So who's the evil fallen one again? Perhaps it's your own pride and arrogance preventing you from answering a simple question out of fear that you are wrong. You are. 

The Bible is a piece of a puzzle that is has never been held as one journal.

No, the bible is a piece of literature written in an age of mythology. It's mythology mixed with real history, much like just about every piece of literature from that time period. Very little can be confirmed, mostly just places and certain people existing with embellished events, but it's no mystery what the bible actually is to those who haven't been brainwashed. It's really nothing special. Also, I didn't refer to you as mad, I just think your first language isn't English and that you don't understand some of the words you are using, like the "self-evidence truth". Something cannot be self-evidently true if over 70% of the world disagrees with what you believe (likely more than that). A Self-evident truth would be the golden rule....not Lucifer existing or god. That's why religions utilize faith, because it is NOT self-evidently true. 

OakTownA
  • PatrickDempseyPatrickDempsey 33 Pts   -  
    @JoeKerr

"He even sent his son to his death, or was it himself? Never mind, that's another piece of foolishness."

So, you can't even say what it is correctly and yet you somehow think it makes sense to say that it's "foolishness"? How does that make any sense? How about you figure it out first and figure out what the truth is about what we actually believe and then decide if it's foolishness or not? Hm? How does that sound?
    Argument Topic: Response

@JoeKerr

"He even sent his son to his death, or was it himself? Never mind, that's another piece of foolishness."

So, you can't even say what it is correctly and yet you somehow think it makes sense to say that it's "foolishness"? How does that make any sense? How about you figure it out first and figure out what the truth is about what we actually believe and then decide if it's foolishness or not? Hm? How does that sound?
    Argument Topic: Argument #2

@dallased25

How is Satan the evil one when God is the one killing people?

Um, because Satan isn't God. God is. God has the right to do as He sees fit with His own Creation and He has the right to take the live's of people when He sees fit. 
  • PatrickDempseyPatrickDempsey 33 Pts   -   edited April 28
    @OakTownA

"I found God disturbingly violent, sexist, and xenophobic."

For example? 
    Argument Topic: For example?

@PatrickDempsey

You will find plenty of examples in the bible. Perhaps you have never read the bible, If you had, you would not need to ask for examples of this god's violent and barbaric behaviour, you could have read about it for yourself.
    Then again, there is no point in giving you examples of your god's violent and barbaric behaviour as you have stated that this god can do what it likes and has the right to do what it likes. 
    It would seem that the secret to being a good god-fearing Christian is to lack empathy.

• RickeyDRickeyD 770 Pts   -  
    @JimmyGross Satan is the root of all evil as he is the author of lies, deceit, death, rebellion, lust, homosexuality, lesbianism, transgender confusion.

@dallased25

How is Satan the evil one when God is the one killing people?

Um, because Satan isn't God. God is. God has the right to do as He sees fit with His own Creation and He has the right to take the live's of people when He sees fit. 
    So then in your mind, might makes right and if someone is more powerful than you, it gives them the right to do whatever they want. So if your parents create you, then they have the right to torture or kill you if they wish. If you truly believe in a god that is kind, loving and inherently good, then giving his creations "free will", but then taking it away by killing them whenever it doesn't like what his creations do with their "free will", is the opposite of good, kind and loving being. In your mind, this god can do whatever it wants since it "created" people, so it can torture them, ask for crazy things like "kill your own kid", or "kill these babies" and that all is good in your mind and you would do it, because for you, nothing is wrong if this god commands it. I propose that your moral compass is therefore completely broken and you would be immoral in following these commands, just as a soldier would be for obeying the orders of his superior officer, in killing children or babies. 
  • RickeyDRickeyD 770 Pts   -   edited April 28
    @dallased25 ; It is YOU and your ideology of death i.e. atheism and secular humanism that espouses death of mind, body, soul, and death of the unborn via abortion...you are the evil among us. Every death, every act of evil, is under girded, inspired by your father, the devil. You are representative of the Evil One within the Realm of Time and you're here doing his bidding.

Y

• dallased25dallased25 171 Pts   -   edited April 28
    RickeyD said:
    @dallased25 ; It is YOU and your ideology of death i.e. atheism and secular humanism that espouses death of mind, body, soul, and death of the unborn via abortion...you are the evil among us. Every death, every act of evil, is under girded, inspired by your father, the devil. You are representative of the Evil One within the Realm of Time and you're here doing his bidding.

You know NOTHING about MY ideology! ATHEISM IS NOT AN IDEOLOGY YOU I DI OT! Secular Humanism is all about the protection and best interest of your fellow human being! There is nothing violent, inhuman, or harmful about Secular humanism! You know nothing about Secular Humanism either and you couldn't name one single moral philosophy within it to point at as "bad". You are the one who follows an ideology of suffering...that one man's suffering could forgive your personal moral responsibilities and throw them on to someone else as if that's a noble or good thing. You are the one who worships and praises a god who enslaved people, who committed mass genocide several times over on his own creations. Who ordered the killing of babies and infants for the crimes of their parents. You follow a monster and you yourself are a reprobate that has no value in this world because all you espouse is hate against those you do not understand. You are the problem and the world will be better off when you leave it. 
    @dallased25 ; I know your type...you're evil...you are the cancer in our society...
  • RickeyDRickeyD 770 Pts   -   edited April 28
    @dallased25 ; I know your type...you're ev-l...you are the can-er in our society...the hypocrisy is mind boggling.

@JoeKerr I am very interested in those that you believe are "sexist" and "xenophobic". Would you please list some examples? 
    RickeyD said:
    @dallased25 ; I know your type...you're ev-l...you are the can-er in our society...the hypocrisy is mind boggling.

You do not know me at all, who I am, what I do for a living, nothing. You just know me as an atheist and therefore I must necessarily be evil. You are exactly like fundamentalists muslims who judge all non-muslims as worthy of death for not believing in Allah, or wanting Sharia law. So while you don't know me, I know exactly who you are by your character and words here. I'm so glad that people like you are in the minority now and diminishing with every year. As far as your meme, we don't say "god is evil", we say the character that you worship, in that book called the bible...a book of fiction and myth....is evil. The being that we aren't convinced exists, but that you worship and try to threaten others into believing...is indisputably evil. So try for once in your life to actually be honest and not bear false witness. But again, I know your type, you will "lie for Jesus" if it suits your needs and don't ever hold yourself accountable for your own "sins", you just live in consistent and constant hypocrisy with your words and actions. 
    @dallased25 ; You are a deceiver...there are no atheists...you simply love your sin too much and the Truth too little and you're too lazy and uninterested to pursue our Lord and find life and truth.

RickeyD said:
    @dallased25 ; You are a deceiver...there are no atheists...you simply love your sin too much and the Truth too little and you're too lazy and uninterested to pursue our Lord and find life and truth.

Thanks for proving my point. Yet another lie. I guess lying for a christian like you comes as easily as breathing. "Thou doth protest too much" comes to mind. 
    @dallased25 ; Atheists don't exist...anyone, man or woman, who has attained an age of reason, cognitive acuity sufficient to discern the world around them intuitively knows that a sovereign Creator has placed nature before our eyes and they will be "without excuse" when they stand in the Judgment of the Condemned in "unbelief."

RickeyD said:
    @dallased25 ; Atheists don't exist...anyone, man or woman, who has attained an age of reason, cognitive acuity sufficient to discern the world around them intuitively knows that a sovereign Creator has placed nature before our eyes and they will be "without excuse" when they stand in the Judgment of the Condemned in "unbelief."

Yet another lie. Can you post even one true thing? People around the world, their cultures and the fact that there are some countries that are majority atheist, means that your opinion is not only wrong, but completely unfounded. Belief must necessarily be taught. I'm sorry you are so delusional and deceived, but that's no excuse for lying. Again, what a poor christian you are, that you ignore commandment #9 so often. Either your ego is way too inflated that you believe you cannot be wrong, or you are just a troll who doesn't really actually believe in the bible. 
    @dallased25 ; Many in the World believe in a Creator...just the wrong one...there are no atheists...that's a ruse...Jesus tells you that only a "few" will actually find eternal life...you have "chosen" to one of the "many" who perishes in the "second death." This is your free will at work.

RickeyD said:
    @dallased25 ; Many in the World believe in a Creator...just the wrong one...there are no atheists...that's a ruse...Jesus tells you that only a "few" will actually find eternal life...you have "chosen" to one of the "many" who perishes in the "second death." This is your free will at work.

Yet you don't believe in those other "creators", so you are atheist towards those gods. That's all atheist means, just someone who doesn't believe in a god or gods. We've been over the "choice" thing and I soundly defeated you. It couldn't possibly be a choice on our part, otherwise you would have to admit that your god isn't all powerful, or doesn't have free will of his own. The only possibly way it could be "our choice" is if you take away gods power to override a rule, even if it was his rule that he set. So if it's "our choice", then your god isn't all powerful at all, but merely a slave to rules that he cannot control or change. In which case, you cannot call him god. 
    @dallased25 ; God is omnipotent but more importantly, God is LOVE...in order for that love to manifest with purity and authenticity, the parties involved must mutually desire to engage in that relationship; otherwise, the union is not satisfying and is actually nihilistic. God could easily have created robots that love Him on command and are obedient as programmed but this is not God's desire or God's design...God desires honest and intimate love, eternal love that reflects who He is.

RickeyD said:
    @dallased25 ; God is omnipotent but more importantly, God is LOVE...in order for that love to manifest with purity and authenticity, the parties involved must mutually desire to engage in that relationship; otherwise, the union is not satisfying and is actually nihilistic. God could easily have created robots that love Him on command and are obedient as programmed but this is not God's desire or God's design...God desires honest and intimate love, eternal love that reflects who He is.

This isn't in any way a response to my post. I really wonder sometimes if you even read what is written and just randomly preach instead....
    @dallased25 ; You questioned free will...you practice it everyday as you have chosen death in Hell.

RickeyD said:
    @dallased25 ; You questioned free will...you practice it everyday as you have chosen death in Hell.

No I did not. Again, you fail to read or comprehend my very simple posts. Look it's easy, so let me spell it out as if you were a 6th grade student:

1. You claim we "choose to go to hell"
    2. You claim god is all powerful
    3. You claim that nothing happens outside of gods will or power

This is refuted by the following:
    1. We have no control over the afterlife
    2. God has free will and can change his mind
    3. God makes the rules and can decide to send a non-believer to heaven

If you reject any of the 3 above, then you must admit that god has no free will and is bound by his own rules and therefore not god. 

Otherwise, it must necessarily be god who chooses where to send non-believers and we have zero choice in it. The logic is irrefutable. 
    1) You do choose to go to Hell by rejecting God's path to eternal life, Jesus Christ as Lord (John 3).
    2) You do have control of your eternal destiny by choosing the Father's path to attain it; that is, faith in Jesus as Lord (John 3).
    3) God is sovereign but allows mankind to choose to honor the Father through faith in the Son or honor the Devil by rejecting the Father's will....you "choose" by free will (John 3).

• dallased25dallased25 171 Pts   -   edited May 4
    @RickeyD said:
    1) You do choose to go to Hell by rejecting God's path to eternal life, Jesus Christ as Lord (John 3).
    2) You do have control of your eternal destiny by choosing the Father's path to attain it; that is, faith in Jesus as Lord (John 3).
    3) God is sovereign but allows mankind to choose to honor the Father through faith in the Son or honor the Devil by rejecting the Father's will....you "choose" by free will (John 3).

Once again, you failed to read a post or comprehend it. Hopefully this will clear it up, assuming you actually read it. 
    1. Even if I don't choose "God's path", God can still elect to send me to heaven. If you say otherwise, you are saying that god is bound by the words in the bible and not free to change his own mind or doesn't have free will to judge by his standards. 
    2. Irrelevant
    3. Irrelevant

Again, you are missing the central point. You are saying that my choice, can override "god's will" or that what I "choose", has power over god. Surely you aren't suggesting that are you? You are also saying that god couldn't look at my life's work and actions and allow me into heaven, or give me a resurrection body. If god is bound by his own rules and is bound to follow it, it isn't god. Are you following this yet? 
  • RickeyDRickeyD 770 Pts   -   edited May 4
    @dallased25 ; If you reject Jesus as Lord, you will die in your sin and there is no other Way to enter the Kingdom. If the Father had made any other exceptions, Jesus would not have needed to suffer and die in your place. Don't fool yourself into Hell.

• BoganBogan 55 Pts   -  
    Is the God Christians worship evil?     To start with, I would have to say "which God?"

Most Christians seem to  worship two Gods, God the father and God the Son.      God the father appears to be a real bastard.    He is responsible for Old Testament directives such as "Suffer not a witch to live" which resulted in God knows how many innocent women being put to death over the centuries, often in the most cruel and sadistic ways.      Then comes the directive that homosexuals should be executed.   Another doozy, is from the Ten Commandments, in which it says something about  "if any people take another God, their children will be cursed unto the tenth generation."     What kind of an a-r-s-e-h-o-l-e would curse innocent kids for 10 generations?

God he Son looks like a much nicer guy.   Although even He said "slaves obey your masters"  so even He is not without sin.

Other Christian religions like the Catholics and Orthodox seem to have dozens of demi Gods called "saints" but I don't know much about them, so I can't give a character recommendation to any of them, either way.
    @Bogan God the Father and God the Son are One-God realized as two-distinct persons within the Realm of Time...possessing separate will, function, responsibility and introduced in Genesis 1:1 as Elohim, a plural noun with a singular verb.

Homosexuality is a most heinous crime against the natural law-moral law and defilement of God's covenant of marriage established in the beginning...it is a nasty and vulgar behavior that shames a people and a Nation who seek to live in community bound by integrity, honor, morality, peace.

Catholicism is not Christianity it is a confluence of Roman and Babylonian paganism mixed with non-Christian apocryphal doctrine with a sprinkling of Christian doctrine to make the heresy palatable to the masses via the Edict of Milan (312-313AD) via Emperor Constantine.

The Father has set forth ONE WAY for you to find forgiveness of sin and life in Eternity; that is, by repenting of your sins and with a sincere heart believing that Jesus Christ is Lord and that Jesus died to pay your sin-debt.

• BoganBogan 55 Pts   -  
    To rickey.

Sorry mate, 1+1 equals 2.     If you claim that 1+1 equals 1, then that is why I can't be a religious person.

I think that homosexuality is indicative of a genetic defect and I hope there will be a cure, some day.     That being said, what people do in their own bedrooms is their business.    I am a bit leery of homoswxuyals even though I really like some of them.    Milo Theonopolis and Douglas Murray  are very good and entertaining advocates for the conservative cause.     Everybody loved Liberace.    But I totally despise left wing homosexuals,, especially the activist ones who are doing their utmost to rot our children's minds.

Catholicism is a Christian religion.    The lengths to which people with Absolutist mindsets will attack even their own co religionists over some petty differences in dogma is amazing to me.   

If one of your Jewish Gods whom you call "Jesus" died for my sins, then he wasted his life.

Argument Topic: sexism, mysogyny in the bible

@PatrickDempsey
    I'll get round to xenophobia later. In the meantime some passages for you to look up and read for yourself that show that the bible often regards a woman as nothing more than an inferior being or possession.
    Genesis   3:16
    Genesis   19:1-8
    Exodus     21:7-11
    Leviticus   12
    Leviticus    19:20-22
    Numbers    5:13-31
    Numbers    31:16-35
    Deuteronomy 21:11–14 
    Deuteronomy 22:13-21
    Deuteronomy 22:28-29
    Deuteronomy 24:1
    Deuteronomy 25:11-12

Just a few to get you started Patrick. I can only imagine that you asked for examples because you have never read the bible otherwise you would be aware of the sexism and misogyny it contains.
    Let me know when you have read the above, and if you wish I will give you more examples.

• RickeyDRickeyD 770 Pts   -   edited May 5
    @JoeKerr ; The Scriptures accurately reflect the worldview and ideology of the nations and peoples of the time frame in which the events occurred.The Scriptures are not "sexism, misogyny" but only convey the attitudes and philosophical positions of the time in which they were written. The Scriptures are the ONLY place you will find answers to the who, what, where, when, why, how, concerning our creation and our Creator's eschatological plan for human kind and the Scriptures provide the only PATH to eternal life subsequent your last exhalation in Time. You will find no greater advocate for women than Jesus Christ born of woman, born under Law, to provide you redemption from your sin and death in Hell.

• dallased25dallased25 171 Pts   -   edited May 5
    @RickeyD said:
    @dallased25 ; If you reject Jesus as Lord, you will die in your sin and there is no other Way to enter the Kingdom. If the Father had made any other exceptions, Jesus would not have needed to suffer and die in your place. Don't fool yourself into Hell.

Either you do get the logic and are too cowardly to respond to it in kind, or you simply don't comprehend. By your logic here and your words, your god doesn't have free will and is bound by his own rules in the bible. So then your god isn't all powerful, it's just an enforcer of rules, but can't violate them. So then why call it god or worship it? 
    @dallased25 ; God is the Author of free will and yes, He will fulfill His promises in the Scriptures and how He chooses to accomplish that is His volition.

@RickeyDRickeyD said:
    @dallased25 ; God is the Author of free will and yes, He will fulfill His promises in the Scriptures and how He chooses to accomplish that is His volition.

They stop speaking for god and pretending you know what he will do. You are not god. 
    @dallased25 ; I simply tell you what the Holy Spirit has said...lest you repent and trust in Jesus as your Lord, you will die in your sin.

• BoganBogan 55 Pts   -  
    To Rickey.

I thought God was The Lord, not Jesus?   1+1 equals 2.    You believe in two Gods.