How Do We Explain the Unexplainable? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

How Do We Explain the Unexplainable?

Debate Information

@pamelajohnson1
There are a lot of things that happen that you can see or touch or explain, what does science think about that.

One presumes that you missed out the negation on the word "can".

This is a very old throwaway question from creationists which I thought had died out eons ago yet ironically exposes the sheer ignorance and shallow minds of such people. You can't see radio waves or wind but they are easily detected. Everything can be and has been explained quite clearly and factually. For example, supernatural phenomena such as ghosts and God are easily explained by the condition commonly known as delusion.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• RickeyDRickeyD 770 Pts   -   edited May 8
    @Barnardot ; Explain the complex human genome void a Creator?

• BoganBogan 55 Pts   -  
    While religious people proclaim that their God somehow self created ,who had the power to get great big lumps of nothing together and create hundreds of billions of galaxies containing hundreds of billions of stars including million solar mass black holes, neutron stars, wolf Reyet stars, pulsars, quasie stellars and quadrillions of asteroids, comets, and dark matter, all in six days.    Yeah, ri-i-i-i-i-ght     And this God is a father and his son at the same time.   And there is only one God although there appears to be another they call "the devil".    And if he is not a God, what is he?   
  • RickeyDRickeyD 770 Pts   -   edited May 9
    @Bogan ; God is Spirit (John 4:24) and all that we see in our temporary Universe and within our complex genome was created by the Son, Jesus Christ, for cause with rapidity (Genesis 1; John 1; Hebrews 1; Colossians 1). The Holy Spirit tells us that in response to an unfathomable war raging in the Spiritual Realm, the Father commissioned the Son (John 3:35) to take elements from the unseen Spiritual Realm and fashion those elements into matter that can be apprehended by a life form constrained by Time and physics (Hebrews 11:3). The destruction raging in the Father's Kingdom was henceforth extricated and placed within the Realm of Time partially constrained by Time and physics (Luke 10:18). This is why our best "scientists" and "astrophysicists" will NEVER define the origin of our created Universe because that which is seen finds its origin in that which is not seen or apprehended by human senses.

• dallased25dallased25 171 Pts   -  
    You don't. If something is unexplainable, the only honest answer is "we don't know yet". Some questions may never be answered and although uncomfortable for some people, is a reality. The main problem I see is that many people aren't comfortable with saying "I don't know", so they default to what they were taught. What happens when we die, "Well we are christians believe....", "Well we as Muslims believe", "Well we as Hindu's believe...", "Well we as Buddhists believe....", etc. Point is everyone has a "belief" on what they believe happens when we die, but the truth is, this is a belief...nothing more. Many confuse that with the truth. Many also feel justified believing if science doesn't have an answer. I once had a believer questioning me about the origin of life and the universe and when I said, "I don't know", they said "SEE, SEE!!!". I was confused and said "See what exactly?" and she said, "You don't know! That means god must be the answer!" To which I responded, "Yes, I was honest and said I don't know, but you don't either, you are just professing what you believe, but you can't prove it." She said, "Well at least I have an answer!" To be clear, no she didn't. A god, multiple gods, or a general magical being of any sort could be used as an explanation for absolutely anything and it be sufficient to answer the question...but that doesn't mean that there's a bit of evidence to support that answer being real. 

So "how do we explain the unexplainable"? We should all (believers included) be honest enough to say that we all don't know. But I know that the pride and fear of believers won't allow for that sort of honesty most of the time, but as for me a nonbeliever, I'm completely comfortable saying "Well the evidence points here, but ultimately I don't know" and that's the most honest, humble answer to those questions. 
  • RickeyDRickeyD 770 Pts   -   edited May 13
    @dallased25 ; The Holy Spirit explains the creation narrative and why...but you must possess a heart willing to believe.

• BarnardotBarnardot 133 Pts   -  
    I’m not going to explain that because it takes a hole book to do that and if you want to read the scientific stuff that explains exactly that then you just need to get off your fat behind and read all the Richard Dorkins stuff. But we all know you won’t because you refuse to and also it is complicated and when you only have half a brain you won’t get it any way. It’s heaps easier for people with half a brain to believe that a invisible thing chucked a piece of clay on the earth and Adam was made. The only people who have a hole brain and believe that simple stuff is 3,year olds but at least they grow up and aren’t stu pid all there life. @RickeyD
  • RickeyDRickeyD 770 Pts   -  
    @Barnardot ;  Dawkins is of the Devil, a demon in Time...there is no life or truth in Dawkins and you are on the path to destruction in naivete and confusion. Your Creator has provided you with the who, what, where, when, why, how, concerning His eschatological purposes for Time and Eternity but you would rather follow a demon to Hell.

• BarnardotBarnardot 133 Pts   -  
    @RickeyD But you dont get it that it is you who is going to go to hell because you are always nasty and hateful to every one else and god said in the bible that that is the people who are going to go to hell. Do you want me to quote all the bits in the bible that says that.
  • RickeyDRickeyD 770 Pts   -  
    @Barnardot ; No...just nasty to the devil's servants...like you...those who are trying to do the right thing and live an honorable life and request things of me....I love to intercede and provide assistance...but you serve my enemy, you ARE my enemy...I loathe the atheist.