frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Should You Debate Idiots?

Debate Information

“Never argue with a fool. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
SkepticalOneZeusAres42

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• AmpersandAmpersand 827 Pts   -  
    I think it’s okay if you have certain expectations about what you’re getting into. Some people are set in their beliefs and will never change their mind but it can be fun to point out the massive holes in their argument even if they’ll never admit it.
    ZeusAres42
  • BarnardotBarnardot 238 Pts   -  
    Well if your talking about that Ricky guy then you shouldn’t argue with him because he can’t argue any way and if you try then he just goes and smeers his baloney posts more and more and topics all over the place so it’s all destructive. Idiots didn’t get any mommy milk when they were babies so they do things just to get attention. @JulesKorngold
    MrDebatePerson2PlaffelvohfenZeusAres42
    Well if your talking about that Ricky guy then you shouldn’t argue with him because he can’t argue any way and if you try then he just goes and smeers his baloney posts more and more and topics all over the place so it’s all destructive. Id iota didn’t get any mommy milk when they were babies so they do id iot things just to get attention. @JulesKorngold
  • Debating idiots does have a place and time..for instance, to correct misinformation or disinformation.
    ZeusAres42
    A supreme being is just like a normal being...but with sour cream and black olives.
  • Debating idiots does have a place and time..for instance, to correct misinformation or disinformation.
    A supreme being is just like a normal being...but with sour cream and black olives.
  • SkepticalOneSkepticalOne Gold Premium Member 1608 Pts   -   edited May 23
    Duplicate
    Debating idi it’s might correct there information but it will only matter to you not them because the lights on but no one is home and they won’t even get what your saying any way. @SkepticalOne
  • SkepticalOneSkepticalOne Gold Premium Member 1608 Pts   -   edited May 24
    Barnardot said:
    Debating idi it’s might correct there information but it will only matter to you not them because the lights on but no one is home and they won’t even get what your saying any way. @SkepticalOne
    I wouldn't be concerned with persuading the idi-ot of their misinformation, but persuading the silent audience who might otherwise naively accept nonsense if it were not challenged.
    Well your total right there but if the audience is going to believe that dog mess then they are id iots any way so why bother trying to persuade those id iots any way because there probably id iots any way @SkepticalOne
  • MrDebatePerson2MrDebatePerson2 262 Pts   -   edited May 24
    And if you are wrong? Who are you to say someone is an id10t? Who says your standards are correct? You seem to think that anyone who disagrees with you is an id10t. What are the standards? I am curious. 
    NoUsername
  • Barnardot said:
    Well your total right there but if the audience is going to believe that dog mess then they are id iots any way so why bother trying to persuade those id iots any way because there probably id iots any way @SkepticalOne
    We should be advocates for what's actually true regardless. Sometimes we correct id-iots...sometimes we are the id-iot.
  • dallased25dallased25 352 Pts   -  
    I do believe there is some value in it, in public forums. That's why for example, Christopher Hitchens would engage religious idiots all the time. He would absolutely smash them with facts and logical arguments. Most coming into a debate to watch it, have their minds made up in advance on how they will vote....however....there are few that will be swayed, or at minimum make them start thinking about the issues discussed. That alone is worth the effort, especially if you can get at least a few people to actually think. 
    SkepticalOneJulesKorngoldZeusAres42
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 4800 Pts   -   edited May 25
    I have only met people who I could call clinical "1diots" a couple of times throughout my life, and debating them was impossible, because they did not even think in such terms and did not understand what a debate is.

Many people use the term "1diot" too liberally. Here is how this term is defined in the American Heritage Medical Dictionary:
    A person with profound intellectual disability having a mental age below three years and generally unable to learn connected speech or guard against common dangers. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.
    Suffice to say, such people are extremely rare.
    NoUsername
  • anarchist100anarchist100 713 Pts   -  
    @MrDebatePerson2
    They're not an idi0t for believing in God, they're an idi0t for believing in something without evidence/having faith, and that thing that they believe in just happens to be God.
  • "The fool does not know 1 is 1, while the ldiot does not know there is more than just 1."
    Two Fathoms!
    Oh so idi it’s who believe in god accidentally do they and I’m an id iot for believing that I will live till 90 without evidence. So whoose the idi of then for coming up with an id iot idea that an idi ot just happens to believe god. @anarchist100
  • dallased25dallased25 352 Pts   -  
    Although my general opinion on this issue has not been swayed, there are exceptions like RickyD who are absolutely not worth engaging, which is why I have put him on ignore, because, it's actually an insult to idiots to lump him in with them, because he's actually lower than the lowest pond scum in the bottom of a pool that hasn't been cleaned in decades. 
    Plaffelvohfen
  • RickeyDRickeyD 901 Pts   -  
    @JulesKorngold ;  Considering I view 99% of the participants in this forum as demons...I've wondered, almost daily, how much longer I can tolerate this demonic puke.

• An Attic full of liberals?
    dallased25
  • JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 362 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Whining

Looks like the GOP is whining now.
  • BoganBogan 203 Pts   -  
    It depends upon what you mean by idi-ots?      Some people have such bizarre beliefs that it can be fun to point out the obvious flaws in their reasoning.     RickyD is a good example of that.    PamelaJohnson is in another class altogether.    When she told me that the earth really was flat, you know that you are dealing with a person who does not possess a functioning brain.     

But the people I refuse to engage with are people like Dee, Barnadot, and Piloteer.    These people have no interest at all in debating, they are trolls who's only interest is to stifle debate by any means possible.   it is obvious what they are doing, and I don't know why the moderator does not ban them.
    anarchist100NoUsername
  • DeeDee 4846 Pts   -  
    @Bogan

But the people I refuse to engage with are people like Dee, Barnadot, and Piloteer.    These people have no interest at all in debating, they are trolls who's only interest is to stifle debate by any means possible. 

Says you the guy who does exactly on each post what you accuse others of doing ….hilarious 
  • NoUsernameNoUsername 15 Pts   -  
    First, shouldnt we define what an id-ot/ignorant is?

In this topic, the question was roughly the same https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/8735/how-prevalent-is-ai

• BoganBogan 203 Pts   -  
    Idi-ot       Noun    1.   

1. A person
    2.  A person with low intelligence.
    3.  Barnadot
    4.  Dee
    5,  Piloteer.

• DeeDee 4846 Pts   -  
    @Bogan

Still obsessed with me I see …..regards id-iots everything you say proves you’re an id-iot ……do you require further proof ?

I’m at the top of the leader board you’re (still) at the bottom ……ZING 
  • DeeDee 4846 Pts   -  
    @Bogan

But the people I refuse to engage with are people like Dee, Barnadot, and Piloteer

……….because you prefer hanging with fellow racists ….btw you don’t debate you rant , you also directly copy and paste others arguments and claim them as your own 

I’m still at the top of the leader board you’re still at the bottom , know your place boy and get in line 

I’m not banned because I never troll yet you’re on your third account because of previous bans …..suck it up son 
    @Bogan ;But the people I refuse to engage with are people like Dee, Barnadot, and Piloteer.   

Well thats because you cant win against them because you couldn't argue about guns when you started going crazy with all the dum statistics that you made up then repeated my statistics only back to front like a kid.. And then you got so dum that you called guns inanimate objects. Thats what happens when some one gets desperate when hes losing then refuses to debate because he knows he got done in. A racist cant win any argument anyway unless he was arguing against an absolute tard.