When Will Americans Stand Up To The Gun Lobby? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

When Will Americans Stand Up To The Gun Lobby?

Debate Information

Another day, another massacre...

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• anarchist100anarchist100 672 Pts   -  
    Hopefully never.
  • JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 306 Pts   -  
    Hopefully never.
    Explain, please.
    @JulesKorngold
    It's a bad idea to let the government be the only ones allowed to own guns.
    So you love guns more than children?
    PlaffelvohfenJoeKerrOakTownA
    And you trust an 18-year-old with an assault weapon?
    OakTownA
    @JulesKorngold
    Depends, I certainly don't trust the government to decide who gets to own guns.
    So we just have to put up with massacres?
    OakTownA
    @JulesKorngold
    You think we wouldn't have massacres if the government where the only ones with guns? Have you ever heard of Ruby Ridge?
    PlaffelvohfenOakTownA
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1815 Pts   -  
    Can you name a military that doesn't?
    Lol.  Ruby Ridge?  We should sympathize with an Aryan thug believing "zionists" are taking over the world?
    CYDdharta said:
    Can you name a military that doesn't?
    I knew 18-year-old door gunners during the Vietnam War.  I wouldn't trust them with a water pistol.
    @JulesKorngold

You think the state should be able to execute children and people who hold views that you disapprove of?
    anarchist100PlaffelvohfenOakTownA
    @JulesKorngold
    It doesn't matter what he believed, what matters is that the government went on to his property because he had some illegal moderation on his gun, a totally victimless crime, shot a teenage buy and a family dog, and then went on to shoot an unarmed woman when she was holding a baby, if you think that what the government did was ok because of the guys views, then you are the most disgusting, filthy, slimy piece of scum to ever assault our planet with your putrid existence, you are a scar that disfigures this planet with your filthiness, and I imagine that after you have died your memory will still pollute our once wonderful earth, I pray that human souls are not eternal, for if they are then you will continue to be a blot upon the universe it's self.
    OakTownA
    @CYDdharta
    The filth does.
    @JulesKorngold
    Now I see the point of hell, if a soul is eternal there must be a place for it to go where it can no longer be a disfiguring scar upon the universe.
    CYDdharta said:
    @JulesKorngold

You think the state should be able to execute children and people who hold views that you disapprove of?
    Randy Weaver and his tribe had a large illegal stash of assault weapons they planned to use.  They got what they asked for.
  • anarchist100anarchist100 672 Pts   -   edited May 25
    @JulesKorngold
    Your very being nauseates me.
    @JulesKorngold
    Sir I challenge to a duel, when are you available?
    @JulesKorngold
    Your very being nauseates me.
    You sympathize with an antisemitic Aryan thug.  Stop trolling my debate.
    @JulesKorngold
    You think it was justified that they shot a woman while she was holding an infant? Just disgusting.
    CYDdhartaPlaffelvohfenOakTownA
    @JulesKorngold
    You think it was justified that they shot a woman while she was holding an infant? Just disgusting.
    Vicki Weaver chose to support (like you) an antisemitic Aryan thug.  She chose her fate.
    Randy Weaver and his tribe had a large illegal stash of assault weapons they planned to use.  They got what they asked for.
    They did?!?  Then why weren't they ever charged with possession of illegal assault weapons?
    @JulesKorngold
    I am very serious about that duel sir, if you are interested please tell me when you will be available, and were you think we should do it.
  • anarchist100anarchist100 672 Pts   -   edited May 25
    Just look at this guy, got al upset about children dying and says the solution is to give the government a monopoly on gun ownership, but when he's told about a child being killed by the government he doesn't care at all, it's almost as if he doesn't care about children, it's like he just wants to take away people means of defense so that the government can control us a lot more.
    PlaffelvohfenOakTownA
    @JulesKorngold
    I am very serious about that duel sir, if you are interested please tell me when you will be available, and were you think we should do it.
    Stop trolling my debate.
    @JulesKorngold
    Stop marring our planet with your existence.
    PlaffelvohfenOakTownA
    CYDdharta said:
    They did?!?  Then why weren't they ever charged with possession of illegal assault weapons?

They were:

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) first became aware of Weaver in July 1986, when he was introduced to a confidential ATF informant at a meeting at the World Aryan Congress.[20]: 13,22  The informant portrayed himself as a weapons dealer. Weaver had been invited to the meeting by Kumnick, the original target of the ATF investigation. It was Weaver's first time at this Congress. Over the next three years, Weaver and the informant met several times. In July 1989, Weaver invited the informant to his home to discuss forming a group to fight the "Zionist Organized Government", referring to the U.S. government.[20]: 13,22 

In October 1989, the ATF claimed that Weaver sold the informant two sawed-off shotguns, with the overall length of the guns shorter than the limit set by federal law. In November 1989, Weaver accused the ATF informant of being a spy for the police; Weaver later wrote he had been warned by "Rico V."[26] The informant's handler, Herb Byerly, ordered him to have no further contact with Weaver. Eventually, FBI informant Rico Valentino outed the ATF informant to Aryan Nations security.[2]: 112 

In June 1990, Byerly attempted to use the sawed-off shotgun charge as leverage to get Weaver to act as an informant for his investigation into Aryan Nations.[20]: 13,22  Weaver refused to become a "snitch", and the ATF filed the gun charges in June 1990. The ATF alleged that Weaver was a bank robber with criminal convictions.[27] (Those claims were false: at that time Weaver had no criminal record. The 1995 Senate investigation found: "Weaver was not a suspect in any bank robberies.")[28][self-published sourceA federal grand jury indicted Weaver in December 1990 for making and possessing, but not for selling, illegal weapons in October 1989.[20]: 34 

The ATF concluded it would be too dangerous for agents to arrest Weaver at his property. In January 1991, ATF agents posed as broken-down motorists and arrested Weaver when he and Vicki stopped to assist.[20]: 13,22  Weaver was told of the charges against him, released on bail, and told that his trial would begin on February 19, 1991. On January 22, the judge in the case appointed attorney Everett Hofmeister as Weaver's legal representative. 

OakTownA
    @JulesKorngold

Since when are single-barrel shotguns considered assault weapons?
  • I am honoring a moment of silence for the horrific and great loss suffered today. I am at liberty to hold no-one else’s honor but my own. I am commissioned.

• Argument Topic: Commissioned was meant as uncommisioned.

I am honoring a moment of silence for the horrific and great loss suffered today. I am at liberty to hold no-one else’s honor but my own. I am uncommissioned.

CYDdharta said:
    @JulesKorngold

Since when are single-barrel shotguns considered assault weapons?
    Irrelevant.  You claimed Randy Weaver was not charged.  WRONG.
  • BarnardotBarnardot 185 Pts   -  
    Well it’s just as well that the dufis didn’t have a knife because he would have killed a lot more than 15 people right because all he had was an inanimate object that doesn’t kill. @CYDdharta
    Irrelevant.  You claimed Randy Weaver was not charged.  WRONG.
    You claimed "Randy Weaver and his tribe had a large illegal stash of assault weapons".  He was never charged with possession of an illegal assault weapon.  YOU ARE WRONG.
    Argument Topic: Weapons

@CYDdharta
    Tell us what weapons the Weavers used during the shootout.  Start with Sammy's semi-automatic Ruger Mini-14.
    @CYDdharta
    Tell us what weapons the Weavers used during the shootout.  Start with Sammy's semi-automatic Ruger Mini-14.
    Legal firearms.
    CYDdharta said:
    @CYDdharta
    Legal firearms.
    Like what?  Name the weapons.
    I'm not sure.  It's hard to find documentation on them because there were no charges files on them ... because they were legal.  Do you have a point?
    CYDdharta said:
    I'm not sure.  It's hard to find documentation on them because there were no charges files on them ... because they were legal.  Do you have a point?
    So Sammy, a 14-year-old, owning a semi-automatic rifle was good parenting?  Lol.
    OakTownA
    @JulesKorngold
    Yeah, so it's great that he was shot.
    Argument Topic: Responsibility

Sammy's parents got him killed by being antisemitic Aryan thugs.

What did the Uvalde kids do to deserve to be massacred?
    OakTownA
    @JulesKorngold
    The ATF and FBI thugs didn't have to shoot him, they committed murder.
    So Sammy, a 14-year-old, owning a semi-automatic rifle was good parenting?  Lol.
    Sammy wasn't a problem, overzealous police were the problem.

Once again, you said they "had a large illegal stash of assault weapons".  Where is your evidence of this?
    Argument Topic: Again

What did the Uvalde kids do to deserve to be massacred today?
    @anarchist100
    @JulesKorngold
    Nothing, but I'm not arguing the shooter and people like him should be the only ones allowed to own guns, unlike you, who argues that the government should be the only ones allowed to own guns, even after what they did.
    Argument Topic: Enough

@CYDdharta
    You want to debate Ruby Ridge?  Start your own debate.  This debate is about today's Uvalde massacre.
    @JulesKorngold
    If you're to much of a turd to see that the Ruby Ridge massacre was a tragedy, then have you hear about the WACO massacre? When the FBI and ATF burnt down a church and killed 76 innocent people, 25 of which where children?
    @JulesKorngold
    Nothing, but I'm not arguing the shooter and people like him should be the only ones allowed to own guns, unlike you, who argues that the government should be the only ones allowed to own guns, even after what they did.
    So your way to stop massacres is more guns to more people?
    @JulesKorngold
    The government killed more people at Waco then the amount of people who died at Sandy Hook, and Robb Elementary combined, and yet these are the people who you think ought be trusted to be the only ones who get to own guns.
    PlaffelvohfenOakTownA
    @JulesKorngold
    That's not unreasonable, it's certainly better than having all the guns belonging to one group.
    PlaffelvohfenOakTownA