Does Intelligent Design Make Sense? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Does Intelligent Design Make Sense?

Debate Information

Nope.  Intelligent design is not intelligent.
OakTownA

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• BarnardotBarnardot 157 Pts   -  
    @JulesKorngold if you look at it it was some one who made up the word intelligent design which is different from god and creation which is what we know. There is only one God and he created every thing and when people try to be smart and wonder away from the truth then they start inventing theses words like as if they are being vage and saying well some thing made us without wanting to admit that it was really God.
  • JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 269 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Evidence?

@Barnardot
    What evidence convinced you that God exists?
    @JulesKorngold God came to me that’s my evidence and the reason why people don’t have evidence of god is because they resisted god and didn’t let Him come to them . 
  • OakTownAOakTownA 238 Pts   -  
    I used to be religious. I prayed and begged for God to manifest in my life, but it never happened. In order to understand God better, I read the Bible. Still, nothing happened. How did God "come to you?"
  • dallased25dallased25 253 Pts   -  
    Intelligent Design doesn't make sense at all. It's just creationism repackaged to seem scientific when it in fact is just religious dogma. It can all be basically summed up as, "Biological things are too complicated to come about by evolution, we believe that shows design and design is an indicator of an intelligence. We believe that intelligence is the christian god." Yet all of their examples have evolutionary explanations that they simply pretend don't exist or "aren't good enough". It is also completely illogical to go from "this looks designed"...to "therefore it must be not only a god, but this specific god amongst thousands of options", with no explanation as to why, or no inherent logical link. A designer could be indicative of a super intelligence that is natural and not a god, or that reality is a computer simulation, or that certain biological structures were designed by aliens that are natural, but made us into an experiment. I mean when you throw all logic out the window, you can pretty much insert any plausible explanation and it's just as good as the rest, especially when there's no evidence of the "designer". All of them are simply going with their preferred designer in an attempt to smuggle them into the conversation. But there's no reason to bring any of them to the table at all, unless you have evidence that any of them actually exist at all. 
    OakTownA
  • OakTownAOakTownA 238 Pts   -  
    100%. Intelligent Design is based on the Argument from Ignorance fallacy. Even a conservative judge ruled that ID has no scientific basis.
  • pamelajohnson1pamelajohnson1 143 Pts   -  
    Of course it has no scientific basic.  It's beyond the natural.  No there will never be anyway to prove it. There had to be something very intelligent, to make people.  Put them on land which has seed that produces itself, so that it may be reproduced over and over again.  Waters on the land, separated and divided to make rivers and seas.  An atmosphere, in which the birds fly.  Days, nights, seasons, years.  Who in the mist of it all made time. So that the people could work during the day and rest during the night.  Can't you see it was purposely made for the people. @OakTownA
    @pamelajohnson1 that’s right and what a lot of people don’t realize is that God has the purpose to do all of creation on purpose other wise what’s the point of life any way. There would be no purpose which is the crochet point that people don’t get.
    You said God came to you. How?@Barnardot
    Well you can’t just say God come here because He won’t listen to start ups like that . You have to open your heart and then God will come to you and then you let God in. @pamelajohnson1
    okay@Barnardot