How do we find God? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

How do we find God?

Debate Information

When your discovered god some thing comes all over you and you know it then and that’s what happened to me but it will only happen if you let god in to your life like I did and all at once you feel at peace with the world and one with God but I was lucky because God found me which is really the answer because then you can really say that you have found god.
Plaffelvohfen

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 269 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: So...

So God speaks to you?
  • BarnardotBarnardot 157 Pts   -  
    @JulesKorngold God speaks to all of us but if you don’t listen and if you don’t let God in to your heart like I did then you won’t heer him.
    OakTownA
  • JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 269 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Suffering

Barnardot said:
    @JulesKorngold God speaks to all of us but if you don’t listen and if you don’t let God in to your heart like I did then you won’t heer him.
    So what does God tell you about children suffering from cancer?
    @JulesKorngold God said through his only son jesus suffer little children and forbid them not to come unto the Kingdom so that means that God will take care of them any way
  • JoeKerrJoeKerr 247 Pts   -  
    @Barnardot
    I know you said you want to help Pamela and make her feel she is not the only godbot present, but your attempt at imitating a Christian falls way short. Mind you, Rickey set a very high bar when it came to acting like a Christian. Maybe you should read some of his posts. They might give you an idea of how to sound more convincing. 
    Nonetheless, it is a very honourable thing you do in coming to Panela's aid. I hope she appreciates it.
    Btw, now you have found god, next time you are talking to him, tell him I said I think he's a d*ck!
    Plaffelvohfen
  • bjinthirtybjinthirty 113 Pts   -  
    I think there are better ways to say it @barnardot without sounding a little dramatic or like an ex drug addict convict released from jail praising god. I think what you meant to say was god talks to all of us but one first needs to find and center themselves by aligning their soul with their spirit in this real world. Only then via method of self motivation confident of the right choice to follow the steps of someone good like god can you truely wake up and accept yourself and silence the whispering thoughts you dont notice but happen every second all day.

God is a metaphor for the life and light of energy. An energy of a different form that you can attract with yours if you can achieve your energy to reach the level needed to attract enlightenment. Enlightenment is what all humans want to achieve and those who are unaware of it have yet to witness a different life like never existed.
    @bjinthirty well that’s basically what I said any way except that God is not a metaphor God is literary and real and only if you come to know the real God you will know how real He is.
  • pamelajohnson1pamelajohnson1 143 Pts   -  
    That is good.  When you open yourself to receive him, he will come to you. I'm happy for you. @Barnardot
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 4589 Pts   -  
    I once heard the voice of the goddess. I had an ultra-marathon run that day and came home after 15 hours of running, absolutely battered. To cope with the pain, I also got really drunk off cheap liquor and went to bed... I had some of the wackiest dreams in my life that night, and in one of them a very beautiful (but in a sinister way) maiden spoke to me and said something along the lines of, "Pray to the Spider Queen, or die!"

Then I woke up and sobered up. Moral of the story is: if you want to hear gods, destroy your body with excessive exercise and your mind with excessive alcohol consumption. Do it regularly, and you will become a saint and get a direct communication line to your favorite god! Unlimited traffic. You will even get free alcohol supply from your church!
    OakTownA
  • @Barnardot
    God said through his only son jesus suffer little children and forbid them not to come unto the Kingdom so that means that God will take care of them any way To understand truth or not, GOD did not say any such thing Christ said things on behalf of Jesus Christ as to place the powers of truth between himself, self-evident truth, and people to that which is GOD. Jesus was one of many children of GOD and never the only child of GOD, for we are created in GOD's image the thought of self-evident truth.

All women bear the child of GOD as they also bear the child of man as a self-evident truth, it is just as easily believed that Mary the mother of Christ as the bearer of a virgin birth was a princess who was widowed by war losing her mate before they had been wed a second time in a church. Jesus her son was never trained to be a "Lord" by those assigned his care under a King, as his father had died at the hands of King, Lord's or both who had dethroned him and his blood line. Christ's father rested or did not rest at peace with GOD prior to the life of Jesus Christ. A woman was pure, virtue, chase which was at a medieval time French meaning a unison of a song at a particular place. A virgin was not something a women was simply for not having sex it was a distinction to a possession of Royalty   

It may be foolish or not, but the difference was made clear as Kings often had risen to their powers by acts of battle and valor on behalf of a Kingdom’s or Church and the religious weight of many human souls was also measured along with simple wealth of Land, Gold, and precious stones a Kingdom acquired.

• bjinthirtybjinthirty 113 Pts   -  
    I know god exists in real form. However its powers are derived from holy energy or whatever form. Trust me, Ive had my fair encounters that are impossible to be explained. Ill share two of them with you. When i was 18 i had a bra new car with 23 miles and rims. I didnt know much at that time other that my dad whooping my butt. One night i met out some cousins that street race. When i arrived to park i backed up into a yellow painted concrete poll and got off the car to see that the entire rear end was smashed in with yellow scrapes and scratches. everybody that saw was like dang. I was very scared i thought id be in trouble so i actually really prayed to god for help so that my dad wouldnt kick my butt and/or cops involved or some kind of trouble. I drove home that night with a messed up rear and when i woke up the next morning i kid you not the entire rear end was like new again. even people asked me how did i fix it so fast. I lied and said i knew a guy. To this day that event blows my mind in mystery.

The other was when i had nightmares and wrote down a personal prayer calling out all angels and god for help to protect my peace and sleep from these evil beings. Nightmares went away and one day while inwas walking in boyle heights los angeles california i was walking and out of nowhere this tall white lady very beautiful with blue eyes that didnt belong in that area just dead eye stared at me from afar all the way until i walked right past her and she turned to smirk like if she knew me. The entire time i had some weird feeing of relief and peace like nothing to worry about and the whole time she stared at me like she knew me. Didnt belong there nobody like that walks those areas. I feel like she was an angel.

these stories are true and yet us humans want to always know more even when the signs are all there.
    @JoeKerr you can do all the blastpheming and be vulger all you want but in the end it falls up on you to treat people as people.
    @Barnardot
    I do treat people as people. I just don't go along with your pretend Christian act.
    Plaffelvohfen
    Do you believe in Jesus Christ or Alah?@Barnardot
    @pamelajohnson1 Jesus is our saviour and it is through Him that we relate to God and any way Allan is just another name for God so maybe you ment Mohammad.
    @JoeKerr ;I do treat people as people. I just don't go along with your pretend Christian act.

Your a because you called Pamela a godbot and Ricky a d***k and say I am a pretend act… so you treated every one you mentioned as if they are not people so not only do you dis respect people you lie about it to it’s all written there.

We don't serve the same God.  Jesus is the Messiah, but he is also God.  Allah is not God. @Barnardot
    @Barnardot

It didn't take you long to play the Christian victim card and then go on to accuse me of lying. I didn't call Rickey a d*ck in my post to you, even though he is. The d*ck I was referring to was the god you say you have found.
    I treat all people as people, but people are not all the same. How I treat them depends on what kind of person they are. I wouldn't treat a rapist the same way I would treat a health worker.
    People have a right to believe whatever they wish, but I am in no way obliged to respect what they believe and I have the right to be disrespectful
    using whatever kind of language I wish.
    So, if you want to continue playing the Christian, you had better get used to people being disrespectful because as I said, people are not all the same.

• dallased25dallased25 253 Pts   -  
    I always find it weird when christians say that you must seek god for him to speak to you. I was a christian for 20 years and never heard anything. When I had a crisis of faith I did seek, asked for confirmation, begged and pleaded with god to give me a sign and got nothing. The reason I find it weird is because let's remember what is on the line if I'm wrong about the christian god....it's eternal torment. So if this god really does "love me" and doesn't want me to suffer, then it shouldn't play games. I shouldn't have to "interpret signs" or things that are vague....god should send me a clear sign, or message in a way that I wouldn't be able to second guess. I mean this god is also supposedly all knowing, so it should know absolutely what it would take for me to be convinced and didn't do it while I was on the fence and seeking, or even now as a non-believer. So either it doesn't care at all if I go to hell, or doesn't care enough to prevent me from going, in which case it is not an entirely good god, hence it is not perfect and therefore not a god at all, just a really powerful imperfect being. I'm so thankful though that there's no evidence that this god does exist, or that hell or heaven exists either....because that would be truly terrifying. 
    OakTownA
  • OakTownAOakTownA 238 Pts   -  
    "Allah" means "God" in Arabic.
  • @pamelajohnson1 We don't serve the same God.  Jesus is the Messiah, but he is also God.  Allah is not God. Jesus may be a Messiah but is not GOD under any condition nor Lord who rains over GOD. GOD is a numerical axiom for the number 89, which is tissa wothmanon in Arabic, shmunim wotsha in Hebrew,  a direct  interpretations of GOD had never been made. There is only one GOD it is not a religion itself by a self-evident truth which can be held or not.    

The Direct translation of G O D to a language is 400 11 and 500 they are numerical values

Allah may mean God in Arabic, but what makes it different is that the Muslims don't believe that Jesus is God. So, when I say God and they say God, it is two different Gods.   Jesus is God.@OakTownA
    Jesus is messiah, and his is God.@John_C_87
    @JoeKerr ; I didn't call Rickey a d*ck in my post to you, even though he is. The d*ck I was referring to was the god you say you have found.

You go from worse to worser like I didn’t call him a d**ck but he is one and Gods a d**ck to and yeah I agree though that not all people are the same like not the same as you that is so to you every one whoose not the same as you are d**cks right yeah that’s how to treat people and God all right because there not as good as you for sure.

@dallased25 I see what you mean about God playing games but when you look from his point of view then He probably thinks your the one whoose playing games because what He says in the Bible is real clear because it says seek the Lord and He will find you and he will talk to you. So it doesn’t really work if you go along with all the church stuff and sort of pretend to know God because God can sents that and He will bloke you out until you except Hin unconditionally.
  • Jesus is messiah, and his is God.@John_C_87

Nope...
    It is a popular Biblical interpritation that creates more questions than it answers. 
    @John_C_87 that’s totally right because Jesus and the messiah are all in one because there is only one God so it can’t be any other way any way.
  • @Barnardot
     that’s totally right because Jesus and the messiah are all in one because there is only one God so it can’t be any other way any way.
    Right is not truth...and the truth is Jesus will forever and always be one of the many God's as religion, what some fail or refuse to debate is that a numerical axiom is not a religion and is one of a kind dissertation.