Do We Really Embrace Technology? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Do We Really Embrace Technology?

Debate Information

Perhaps we can all start breathing a bit easier now that the COVID pandemic seems to be coming to an end and indeed we should now be able to breath better without a whopping mask half suffocating us wherever we go.

But, am I the only one noticing this but haven't we seen a deterioration in the quality of live broadcasts in the media? Sure we now have HD quality video but what I'm alluding to here is "virtual" interviews where say, an expert scientist or political analyst is interviewed at his or her home by webcam. These so called "experts in their fields" don't seem to realise that, without proper acoustic and lighting setup, their presentation looks and sounds sloppy to put it mildly; the harsh shadows and light bouncing off glasses and voices that sound like somebody gargling in the middle of a long tunnel. Won't it be great when professional film crews and sound recordists get back out into the field and bring us a bit of decent quality to our live broadcasting?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• maxxmaxx 902 Pts   -  
    anymore, it makes little difference to me in how they present the news; i rarely watch it.  the media will grab ahold of a story and will not let go of it, for days, sometimes months or even longer. i still occasionaly here about rodney king. the media will interview everyone from neighbors to the long ago deceased great grandparents pet dog. The media wont let go of a story until they bleed out the last drop of decency from it.  @Swolliw
  • BarnardotBarnardot 157 Pts   -  
    @maxx so what’s that got to do with the subject any way. See its all right for you to dis other s but look what your saying is nothing to do with talking in a tunnle while your gargling and the whole thing looks like dogs mess. No you want one rule for other while you do what your want which is doing the same thing any way which is being real hypo critical any way.
  • maxxmaxx 902 Pts   -   edited June 21
    I answeredhis question.  I said to me that it did not matter ione way or the other and then explained my reasons as to why.   If you want people on here to take you seriously,  then I suggest that you clean up your jargon .  Dis ain't Der home street corner, no way no how, not be here copin no  buzz man. @Barnardot
  • exconexcon 490 Pts   -  
    Swolliw said: 

Do We Really Embrace Technology?

Hello S:

Technology is on a tear..   "Embrace" it one day, and the next it's obsolete..  Which results in my having obsolete technology.  How can that be described as "embracing" it?   And, who can afford to "embrace" it anyway?

excon

• maxxmaxx 902 Pts   -  
    I believe that we all embrace technology for we use it everyday and when it becomes obsolete, we simply embrace the new.  @excon
    @maxx so is that the reason then that you hypo critical so you can tell you others that they don’t stick on the subject and you don’t your self because your saying that about which way or the other but it was about some thing else and not the subject which is real weird to say the lease any way.
  • maxxmaxx 902 Pts   -  
    at least pretend that you have an education.  i can see that spelling is a weak area of your, yet however  all you do is ramble.  I will tell you what;  how about creatin your own post and see what happens?  @Barnardot
    @maxx you can call me all sorts of things like creatin all you want but at least I know what I m talking about but what about all the bit about on TV because that’s what it’s about. It’s about all those creatins who think there important and know a lot but they don’t know any thing about Mike’s and web cam set up and expect every one to think that they come across real neat but in the end they look totally amateur. So what do you reckon about that.
  • exconexcon 490 Pts   -  
    maxx said:
    I believe that we all embrace technology for we use it everyday and when it becomes obsolete, we simply embrace the new.  @excon
    Hello m:

I suggest the word "embrace" is wayyyy different than the word "use".

excon

• maxxmaxx 902 Pts   -  
    what then?  whole heartedly accept it? specific aspects of tecnology or as a whole?  it is hard to judge what swalliow meant; sigular idea of the way one veiws media, or tecnology as a whole.  @excon
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 4589 Pts   -  
    I see it as a product of the modern world and "democratization" of technology. Nowadays anyone can turn on a mic and a camera and start recording something and sharing it with the world, and people become more interested in the actual content and less demanding to the quality of the presentation. And when the quality is not in high demand, it naturally starts degrading.

Same happens with every other human activity. For example, there was a time when virtually all writing was done by professional handwriters: those were people who studied language and literature, caligraphy and poetry, and their job was literally handwriting documents or speeches. However, nowadays virtually everyone is literate, and writing is the most basic skill kids learn in kindergarten - and as such, few people care about things like caligraphy and poetry, and fewer and fewer start caring even about grammar.

I do not think that it is a bad thing. Society naturally gravitates towards focusing on practical things and forgoing aesthetics over time. Rather than lamenting over the "good old days when we, old dogs, were the heat", it makes more sense to understand why the changes are what they are, adapt to them and move on.
  • maxxmaxx 902 Pts   -  
    welll up to a point i agree with you; yet fewer and fewr kids of todays generation is actaully keeping the ability to even spell normal everyday words.  Technology allows them to simply by-pass spelling.  prp[er punctuation is the same way.  @MayCaesar
  • exconexcon 490 Pts   -  
    maxx said:
    what then?  whole heartedly accept it? specific aspects of tecnology or as a whole?
    Hello m:

Yes..  He's calling the media "technology"..  I answered the question about technology writ large.

I dunno what you mean by "accepting" it..  I have no choice..  It's that, or live in a yurt.

excon
  • maxxmaxx 902 Pts   -  
    no, he is calling technology is what the media uses. a big difference. in the old days there were on the spot field reporters who gave live news. now it is all filtered to the studio where it is read by  those who may as well be sittting at the breakfast table @excon
    @maxx ;the studio where it is read by  those who may as well be sittting at the breakfast table @excon

That’s all ok because when you look at it the media we look at is when we are at the breakfast table so then it’s like being all on the same field really and we can identify with it and if you look at the tv stuff in the morning there sitting on the lounge chairs with coffee cups which is what I do any way because I don’t eat at the breakfast table because we only have a dining table any way and any way that’s where the tv is so that I can watch the breakfast show.