What do you believe and why? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

What do you believe and why?

Debate Information

For the theists on this site, what do you believe about god(s), and why do you believe it? Attempt to convince me that what you believe is true.
Ampersand

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• AmpersandAmpersand 820 Pts   -  
    Nothing, because there’s no reason to.
    OakTownAJoeKerr
  • pamelajohnson1pamelajohnson1 143 Pts   -  
    I believe there is one God who created the heavens and the earth.  There are many gods, who are not really a god, but want to be worshipped as a god.  There is a war in heaven, between good and evil.  God created the earth for humans, but the devil wants it for himself.  Even though humans are a weaker vessel, God put for them authority over the angels.  The devil didn't like that.  He deceived Adam and Eve and caused them to fall from God's grace.  So, the devil was kicked out of the third Heaven.  He now dwells in the second Heaven.  He comes in and out of the second heaven and the heaven over the earth.  He rules the earth for now.  Everyone is born into the darkness.  The darkness is the whole way of the world.  How it is run. Money is the key.  You can't do anything without money. Air is not even free.  The whole world is wicked.  If you want me to show you a physical God?  I can't.  He is spirit, so you can't see him. That's why it takes faith to find him.  When you don't believe in God, everything has to be proven by what you can see, touch or feel.  So, the world proves everything through the natural elements on the earth.  Scientifically.  Meanwhile, there is a spiritual world.  Everything happens in the spirit realm first then comes into the natural. God put it all into the natural, by bringing it in out of the spiritual. He bound it into time and space.  In the spiritual realm there is no time.  That's why in your dreams there is no time.   @OakTownA
  • OakTownAOakTownA 238 Pts   -  
    Thanks for your answer. Why do you believe that?
    Because I believe that everything did not come into existence by accident.  I believe that a brilliant mind created this world.  That mind is God. @OakTownA
    Why the Christian god?
    God came from his kingdom to our low form.  Because he put us in flesh.  The flesh is our downfall, because we want to please the flesh.  He is spirit.  He put a human spirit in us, so that we could communicate with him.  Then he did the greatest thing of all.  He (God) made himself low, low, like we are, and came in the flesh to show us how to live in this world and to be joined back to him. When he hung his flesh on the cross, that built a bridge for us not to have to sink into the spirit of death or hades when our flesh die. We could come right through to him. And it also meant that if we give up our pleasure-seeking life, and live a spirit fill life (which means to live a righteous life. No more intentional sin). Then he will transform our life little by little.   The thing is that when we live a Jesus lifestyle life, our life will become harder, because the devil will triple his attempts to cause us to fall into sin.@OakTownA
    You explained your version of Christianity, but you did not explain WHY you believe that. Why are you Christian and not Hindu, Jewish, Muslim, Sikh, Baha'i, etc?
    He (God) made himself low, low, like we are, and came in the flesh to show us how to live in this world and to be joined back to him. When he hung his flesh on the cross, that built a bridge for us not to have to sink into the spirit of death or hades when our flesh die. We could come right through to him.
    I did answer the question.  I don't know what you want me to say, but this is the reason.  He came to earth in the flesh. to show us and tell us the way and about his kingdom.@OakTownA
    And also, because I see truth in the bible.   In my daily life. In other people. In the actions of people.  I see things that the bible speaks of in this reality.@OakTownA
  • BarnardotBarnardot 157 Pts   -  
    @OakTownA it really is a bit out of the wall to ask atheists if they believe because your going to get the obvious answers because they get caught up on the belief word because they just don’t get it any way. They say that they believe things because of evidence but there just hypocrits because what say you go to a cafe and say well I’m going to have a a ham burger with double cheeze with smoked barbecue sauce and yellow penos and fries with chicken salt because the evidence is that the double cheeze counter acts the proteen in the meat and chicken salt is better because it supports the chicken industry. Well I say bollicks because in the end you get what you feel like in your guts or your heart and that’s what belief is all about any way.