There Definitely Are benefits in Natural Cures. - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

There Definitely Are benefits in Natural Cures.

Debate Information

I am saying that right here since I have gotten so blind-sided by the facts that I failed to look at the consequences.

For example: Honey contains approximately 0.25 mg of riboflavin per 100g. The daily requirement for a human is 1.25 mg of riboflavin. Therefore one would need to consume 500g of honey per day.

So, here's the choice....spread a bit of honey on your toast like I do in the morning for the flavour and a slight sugar rush, or..........Be a complete nit-wit and consume a giant jar of honey every day and eventually die of chronic diabetes and obesity.

The situation is quite clear...by allowing all the "natural-living", organic nit-wits to get their nutrition and health from "natural" methods we will no longer have to put up with said nit-wits owing to "natural" attrition.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• maxxmaxx 954 Pts   -  
    b vitamins are a complex vitamin that works together.  your daily requirements of riboflavin does not need to be taken from one source and can easily be achieved by normal eating. of course i can, now that you open the door, show you appropriate  scientific evidence in which you will simply refuse to believe. What do you call one who fails to believe the evidence?  oh yeah, deluded.  for instance.Multi-elemental composition and antioxidant properties of strawberry tree (Arbutus unedo L.) honey from the coastal region of Croatia: Risk-benefit analysis - ScienceDirect  @Swolliw ; and In vitro antibacterial activity of Western Australian honeys, and manuka honey, against bacteria implicated in impetigo - ScienceDirect  these are scientific links in which again, you will fail to read and or believe simply because it goes against your beliefs. 
  • DeeDee 4773 Pts   -  
    @maxx

Great Maxx why not eat dirt? …….  Many pregnant women worldwide eat dirt to help ease morning sickness symptoms, according to 2003 research .
  • maxxmaxx 954 Pts   -  
    yes people do occasionally eat dirt, mainly in third world countries where they are nutritionally deficient in potassium and other trace minerals, and can ease some symptoms such as vomiting and diarrhea. of course, it can have negative effects that outweigh the benefits. @Dee
  • DeeDee 4773 Pts   -  
    @maxx

The same applies to honey the negative affects can outweigh the positive 
  • maxxmaxx 954 Pts   -  
    well i can give you links contrary to the opposite.. anything that is taken in mega doses is bad for you, including water. No one said to take a gallon of honey a day. Raw Honey Benefits and Risks: Healing, Topical Use, Immune Boost (healthline.com)  @Dee
  • DeeDee 4773 Pts   -  
    @maxx

well i can give you links contrary to the opposite 

Why how can your links prove anything about others negative experiences with honey ?

anything that is taken in mega doses is bad for you, including water. No one said to take a gallon of honey a day.

Who mentioned mega doses ?  Where did I mention a gallon ? You relly need to address what people say not what you think they say 
  • maxxmaxx 954 Pts   -   edited July 31
    if you had read the link, you would have seen the list of side effects as well.   read swalliows OP about consumption of a giant jar everyday. since you can bring a third party into my debate i can as well in reply to you. I flat do not understand why either of you refuse to believe the scientific evidence (before you say it, yes i have.  the links i have sent were top drawer.  )  anyone who wasn't so dogmatic would not be so foolish as to not accept the facts and evidence .  for instance 20160624-21-Science-Backed-Health-Benefits-of-Honey.pdf (moftarchive.org)   @Dee
  • DeeDee 4773 Pts   -  
    @maxx

Stop being such a pedant every food has a benifit most are minimal you seem to think honey and garlic are wonderful wonder cures they're not , this is the reason only deranged nuts  go to a health store when seriously ill

Do you ever ease up on any of this Deepak Chopra style nonsense?
  • maxxmaxx 954 Pts   -   edited July 31
    back when i first began such topics, i pointed out the medical uses of both honey and garlic. They both have scientific backed qualities that are useful, such as strong antibacterial properties.  Both you and swalliow denied as such. since they have such properties, they are more useful in certain situations that other foods can be.  Garlic was used as penicillin back in ww2 because of its properties.   Yes all raw foods have vitamins and minerals that help keep us healthy.  I never claimed any to be a wonder cure. Just because they are not used it hospitals and such does not mean some natural foods and herbs do not have medicinal uses. you guys are the ones who can not accept the evidence, no matter what science site, nutritionists link or even the world health organization.  you should look up the definition of the word swalliow is so fond of, deluded.The complicated biology of garlic -- ScienceDaily @Dee ; i suggest you actually read the link this time.  you may learn something  @Dee
  • DeeDee 4773 Pts   -  
    @maxx

Maxx loves Deepak Chopra every post is a tribute to good ole Deepak ………

• maxxmaxx 954 Pts   -  
    imagine that.  and you claim you know how to debate. @Dee
  • DeeDee 4773 Pts   -  
    @maxx

imagine that.  and you claim you know how to debate

I keep bossing you admittedly it’s not hard 
  • maxxmaxx 954 Pts   -  
    so you didnt learn anything from that link?  of course not. you are not very bright. im muting you again.@Dee
  • DeeDee 4773 Pts   -  
    @maxx

Bye Maxx , another whipping for you I’m losing count 
  • maxxmaxx 954 Pts   -  
    The complicated biology of garlic -- ScienceDaily  why dont you read and learn something @Swolliw
  • SwolliwSwolliw 1444 Pts   -   edited July 31
    @maxx @Dee
    why dont you read and learn something

Researchers today generally agree that eating garlic, used for thousands of years to treat human disease, can reduce the risk of developing certain kinds of cancers, cardiovas

I did read and learned no more than the usual fake news you seem to gravitate to. The above statement, for example says nothing, read my lips....N_O_T_H_I_N_G.......that's right NOTHING.

What "researchers"....a bunch of 3 monkeys sitting in a cage at the zoo?

"Can".....that word again eh.....does it say "will"...no it doesn't?

and getting consistent results during clinical trials -- is more complex,

Out comes the first excuse.

...... are well studied in garlic, and there is research to suggest ....

Are well studied by whom.....the same three monkeys?, doesn't conveniently say, does it? 

It SUGGESTS....it does not state...does it

"Each of these preparative forms could have ....

It says COULD.....not DOES.....doesn't it?

And so the article carries on to say......wait for it......ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

The reason being is because it can't say ANYTHING because THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO KNOWN HEALTH BENEFITS FROM EATING GARLIC AND NOBODY HAS EVER SAID THERE IS.

So, once again you have been taken hook line and sinker by gutter, false journalism.....when will you ever learn?

• maxxmaxx 954 Pts   -   edited August 1
    and where in there does it suggest it does not? @Swolliw ; whats the matter with you? i can send you dozen of scientific links and you nit pick at words. CAN mens yes it can, if you use it, its not a wonder food and it does work.  WILL means the same thing. you are just like those of the religious  folks you put down for refusing to face the facts, deluded  .Antimicrobial properties of allicin from garlic - ScienceDirect @Swolliw Medicinal Health Benefits of Garlic (Raw, Supplement) - Science Based (healthyandnaturalworld.com)
  • SwolliwSwolliw 1444 Pts   -  
    @maxx
    CAN mens yes it can
    Quite right....and you CAN go to Hell...but WILL you?

WILL means the same thing.
    No it doesn't period, full stop.
    You have been taken to the cleaners by Charlatans who put out false news that naive, gullible people buy into....I and every other member here has pointed out how bogus every single one of those articles is.

and where in there does it suggest it does not?
    You should know by now that suggest is not just good enough, is it? I suggest that you go to Hell. Did I tell you to go to Hell? No I didn't. You know very well that I have clearly highlighted the con-artist catch-words above and then you come up with the all-time "prove it isn't" crap again which you know very well I nor does anyone else need to do since there is nothing to disprove anyway. But since you brought it up, let's just reiterate for the tenth time why your so-called "miracle cures just don't and never have worked....to wit....(for the fifth time now)....

"Derr Swolliw....people have been using all these herbs for centuries and they worked"......Derrr, like they didn't at all, in fact quite the opposite.....The facts are that people were lucky to live past 30 years 200 years ago, common flus and colds killed millions proving that your wacky cures did absolutely nothing....in fact....they did the opposite.
    Properly, thoroughly conducted clinical and scientific studies have confirmed and STATED (not suggested...STATED) that herbal cures DO and WILL (not may and could.....WILL and DO) cause organ failure, sickness and death and always have done so.

If such "natural" cures work, why don't hospitals and qualified physicians use them? And sorry....your usual conspiracy theory about pricing just does not cut it.
    The reason hospitals and physicians do not shove garlic and honey down patients throats is because they know it is detrimental to the health of their patients. Naturopaths, chiropractors, herbal "practitioners" and all manner of wacky therapists have been and are continually been successfully prosecuted for poisoning and killing patients.
    The links you posted are all from wacky websites and not one single one of them has ever confirmed what they allude to nor stated "in what quantities".

You are no different to all the other naive, gullible nit-wits who hang onto every word these charlatans "infer" because you refuse to let go of your idi-ocy or refuse to believe that aunty Jessabelle (or my mother), the naturopath is in fact, a very dishonest person who takes people for a ride. That's the way of the world...take it or leave it but believing stories won't change anything.

• DeeDee 4773 Pts   -  
    @maxx

Good old Maxxi still preaching the Deepak Chopra gospel ………

• maxxmaxx 954 Pts   -   edited August 1
    you are deluded.  i never said it was a miracle cure.   hospitals do not prescribe it for its anti bacterial properties simply because there is no money in it, while penicillin can be charged to the insurance companies. you can call me names all you want but it doesnt change the fact that many types of foods and herbs have medicinal value.  allicin is the main compound in garlic. If you can not or refuse to believe the evidence , nor produce any counter evidence then you have lost the debate; for you are simply saying no. one more time.  read!!  Allicin: chemistry and biological properties - PubMed (nih.gov)  @Swolliw ; show me some high quality links that shows that garlic has no antibacterial/ anti fungal  properties and how it has no health benefits.  @swalliow ; show me a top quality link that agrees with your statement that you said; there are no known health benefits from eating garlic.  neither you nor dee can do that, neither one of you can offer any counter evidence at all, so in not doing  you fail to produce a valid stance and  have lost the debate!   @swalliow
  • DeeDee 4773 Pts   -  
    @maxx

hospitals do not prescribe it for its anti bacterial properties simply because there is no money in it,

Why is there no money in it hospitals can and do charge what they want , you’re just making bu-ll up now , what a pile of baloney 
  • Dee said:
    @maxx

hospitals do not prescribe it for its anti bacterial properties simply because there is no money in it,

Why is there no money in it hospitals can and do charge what they want , you’re just making bu-ll up now , what a pile of baloney 

Not that I support herbal grafting over medical science, but you ask a far question of why no money in the use of herbal grafting on a commercial level. What I have found is herbal grafting for health is labor intensive and the skill set is completely different. Much of it is in commerisal use and you are simply blind to how it is being used. Right now the primary use is in sprots nutrition and it does quite well.

Take something basic like the process of finding a plus of a person, a skilled Taoist must balance 28 readings from multiple locations, whereas the medical technician only needs to address one location with one reading. Interpreting changing data form 28 locations on a human body has a much higher margin of error.  I am trying to stay out of this debate as the basic principle is incorrect from the beginning in assuming there is a competition between the two methods of care about human health, there is not. Also, herbal grafting is a form of religion as is medical practice only grafting is without the preducice as the basis of priciple is set around a level of shared beliefs.

Hospitals use what a doctor knows and what is prepared in a standard of purity, sterility, and availabilaty while keeping in mind people can have alergic and undergo reactions to medications. This includes all natural forms of help a person might use. 

• maxxmaxx 954 Pts   -  
    John, religionplays such a minor part in herbs for actualuse for health
     Wicca is the only one I know. There are actual benefits backed by science on many herbs and foods. I'm not talking about tribes with bones in their noses cooking up some strange concoction,  but actual applications of certain foods and herbs. Apparently we are at the moment talking about honey and garlic. @John_C_87
  • @maxx
    John, religionplays such a minor part in herbs for actualuse for health

I do not think you understand the purpose of religion in the medical treatment of others in general, it is only recognized in the desire to help others which for many people common is the center of healthcare...The freedom of religion is measured without cost not assignments of states of law.

I did not look like you could or would answer the question Dee had asked in a representation of the art of herbal grafting.

• maxxmaxx 954 Pts   -  
    I gave dee on mute.  What I am saying is that many herbs and foods  have actual medicinal value backed by science. @John_C_87
  • I gave dee on mute.  What I am saying is that many herbs and foods  have actual medicinal value backed by science.

Without doubt many plants are the source for base ingredients for medications. 

• maxxmaxx 954 Pts   -  
    Not just a source, at least not always. For instance, castor oil is an extract from the plant itself and has been used as a laxative for a very long time. Because it works@John_C_87
    Dee
  • SwolliwSwolliw 1444 Pts   -  
    @maxx
    the fact that many types of foods and herbs have medicinal value.  allicin is t

There is no such fact and allicin is an unstable compound which easily breaks down before it gets to the gut and therefore has absolutely no medicinal value whatsoever. Hospitals don't use the stuff nor does anyone else with a head on their shoulders because the amounts that would come anywhere near having any "medicinal effect" are highly toxic and detrimental to health https://recipes.timesofindia.com/articles/health/10-harmful-effects-of-garlic-that-you-should-know/photostory/64355960.cms

The trouble is with your stu-pid circular reasoning is that you completely miss the point every time.

The people who prescribe such stu-pid, prehistoric, mythological cures should all be shot....they are nothing more than dishonest, money-grabbing charlatans who know very well that what they preach is 100% pure evil. 

• maxxmaxx 954 Pts   -   edited August 2
    You are hopeless. Faced with a dozen high quality science links,  you still deny the evidence.  Remember that next time you call someone deluded, for it applies to you.  Of course  if taken too much as the articlesays, it can have side effects..everything has side effectsif you take too much of, including water.  Not to mention the harmful side effects of the pills that doctors prescribe. I asked for a quality link that states garlic is worthless as medicinal value, not an opinionated food link.  However, let it stand for its common sense not to gorge yourself on anything.   @Swolliw
    Dee