Whose side are you on? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Whose side are you on?

Debate Information

Hello:

Let's say you were meandering down the street when you came across a cop manhandling a girl.  You decide to step in.  Whose side would you be on?  The cop or the girl?

excon

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• anarchist100anarchist100 672 Pts   -  
    @excon
    Well that should be an easy question, but unfortunately today we have the evil mind virus called statism that perverts people and turns them into horrible devils.
  • exconexcon 562 Pts   -  

we HAVE the evil mind virus called statism that perverts people and turns them into horrible devils.
    Hello again, a:

So, you'd rescue the girl from the evil devil, amirit??

excon

@excon
    Yes, because I'm a sane person with a sense of morality, who has not had my mind perverted by the mental disease known as statism.
  • SwolliwSwolliw 1444 Pts   -  
    @excon
     Whose side would you be on?  The cop or the girl?

Apart from being an absolutely stu-pid OP it is an absolutely stu-pid OP.

Do you think that you can at least try a bit better next time......before you pick up the bong?

• exconexcon 562 Pts   -   edited July 31

• BarnardotBarnardot 185 Pts   -  
    Well that’s a not very good way of looking at it because then you start bringing up the hommo argument just because you like the cop. The same goes if I say that the chick seamed nice so I’ll go on her side because she would be vulerable and when the cop has finished man handling her I would ask her if she wants me to walk her home then I would do some different man handdling lol. @excon
    OakTownA
  • exconexcon 562 Pts   -   edited July 31
    Swolliw said:

Apart from being an absolutely stu-pid OP it is an absolutely stu-pid OP.
    Hello S:

Your petty insult aside, let's engage.

I get that you believe the cops are right and good in every circumstance imaginable, but it's the rigor, and the positiveness of your view that surprises me..   Can you tell me where that belief emanates from??  

From MY perspective, the cops are not the good guys today..  After all, how good can they be if they keep their mouths shut, and their eyes averted, while the BAD cops have their way with the citizenry? 

Lemme ask you this..  Black folk, across the board, are scared sh-it less every time they get pulled over by the cops..  1.  Do you think that's true?  2.  Do you think it's reasonable?  Or, do you think they're just  BLM agitators who hate cops from the get go?

If you'd rather not engage, I understand..  These are tough questions of the day.  And, it IS easier to post about Christians.  Amirit?

Du-de!

excon
    OakTownA
  • BoganBogan 168 Pts   -  
    I would not obstruct a police officer in the performance of his duty, unless he had his foot on a girl's neck, and I could see that she was choking, and she was saying in a strangled voice "I can't breath."
  • BarnardotBarnardot 185 Pts   -  
    Yes right and then you would give her mouth to mouth and then take her home to give her some real bogin therapy right lol. @Bogan
    Bogan said:
    I would not obstruct a police officer in the performance of his duty,
    See the source image
    OakTownA
  • BoganBogan 168 Pts   -  
    Both Mr Barnadot and Mr Anarchist are unable to formulate reasoned arguments, thereby proving that neither of them possess a functioning brain.
  • exconexcon 562 Pts   -  
    Hello B:

excon

• PlaffelvohfenPlaffelvohfen 2925 Pts   -  
    Hello Ex,

What observations did I make, what compelled me to "get in"?  If the only observation I make is the identity (cop vs girl), there are no rational reason to intervene, or choose a side at all.. 

If your question is, would you ever physically fight a cop over what you deem to be an immoral action, then my answer is, yes... But that shouldn't tell much, no? I mean, what could one infer from that?
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • exconexcon 562 Pts   -   edited August 5
    Hello Ex,

What observations did I make, what compelled me to "get in"?  But that shouldn't tell much, no? I mean, what could one infer from that?
    Hello P:

I infer that you're an upstanding American. 

or maybe this one?

excon

@excon

Where is the girl? Where is the fight?  I did see this video, all I can say is that this "judge" does not show the ethical behavior expected from a judge... What a prick... 
    @excon

Where is the girl? Where is the fight? 
    Hello P:

My posts are NOT, necessarily to enlighten you about the illegal PHYSICAL force cops use against the citizenry, but to show you the absolute disregard for the Constitution they ALL seem to harbor..

excon

@excon

That's why I first commented about the formulation of your question... It did not convey what you just now wrote... And I agree, most cops don't care about the constitution...  Have you listened to Marlon Kraft's song "Gang "? Perfect description of the state of affairs in the US...

excon
    @excon

Have you listened to Marlon Kraft's song "Gang "? Perfect description of the state of affairs in the US...

Hello again, P:

No..  I hadn't seen it.  It's PERFECT.

excon
    Plaffelvohfen
    @excon

You should definitely listen to his "State of the Union" vid also...  It's a must honestly...

excon
    @excon
    From MY perspective, the cops are not the good guys today..  After all, how good can they be if they keep their mouths shut, and their eyes averted, while the BAD cops have their way with the citizenry? 
    Lemme ask you this..  Black folk, across the board, are scared sh-it less every time they get pulled over by the cops..  1.  Do you think that's true?  2.  Do you think it's reasonable?  Or, do you think they're just  BLM agitators who hate cops from the get go?

Come on now, the fact is that you created an ill-founded argument that is unfit for debate. I'm sure that the police are scared shiteless every time they pull over a black driver but railroading people into "taking sides" and answering one-sided questions is the poorest, most worthless form of gutter argumentation. 

Leave the bong alone and start being a bit more responsible for once.

• BoganBogan 168 Pts   -  
    Sorry, excon, and Plaffelvohfen, I can't listen to rap "music".    If they play it in a store I am in, I walk out.    It could only appeal to people with double digit IQ's.
  • BoganBogan 168 Pts   -  
    Sorry, excon, and Plaffelvohfen, I can't listen to rap "music".    If they play it in a store I am in, I walk out.    It could only appeal to people with double digit IQ's.
  • SwolliwSwolliw 1444 Pts   -   edited August 6
    @Bogan
     It could only appeal to people with double digit IQ's.

And who also  make double post replies.....blwaaaaw haw, haw.
  • exconexcon 562 Pts   -   edited August 6
    Hello, See No Evil, Hear No Evil, and Speak No Evil, Twins:

You can ignore it, because it's beneath you or you don't like the music, and that's fine..  Those, however, aren't good reasons to look the other way.. 

Plus:

Great Minds Discuss Ideas;

Average Minds Discuss Events;

Small Minds Discuss People.

Bwa, ha ha ha ha

excon

• SonofasonSonofason 407 Pts   -  
    excon said:
    Hello:

Let's say you were meandering down the street when you came across a cop manhandling a girl.  You decide to step in.  Whose side would you be on?  The cop or the girl?

excon
    Its quite an assumption to say that I decide to step in when in fact I have no idea of the circumstances.  Whose side I would be on depends on the circumstances, don't you think?
  • exconexcon 562 Pts   -  
    Sonofason said:

Whose side I would be on depends on the circumstances, don't you think?
    Hello S:

Nahh.  I used the word manhandled on purpose..  No man, no matter the uniform he wears, and no matter the rightness of his cause, has a right to "MANHANDLE" a girl.  Period, over and out!

Oh, I'd PAY dearly for jumping in, there's no question about it.  So?

excon

• BoganBogan 168 Pts   -  
    Excon wrote

Nahh.  I used the word manhandled on purpose..  No man, no matter the uniform he wears, and no matter the rightness of his cause, has a right to "MANHANDLE" a girl.  Period, over and out!

In Australia, in any confrontation with the police, if a policeman or policewoman puts their hand on you at all, you are considered under arrest.   Using your low IQ logic, policemen have no right to arrest females in Australia?
  • exconexcon 562 Pts   -   edited August 6
    Bogan said:
    Excon wrote

Nahh.  I used the word manhandled on purpose..  No man, no matter the uniform he wears, and no matter the rightness of his cause, has no right to "MANHANDLE" a girl.  Period, over and out!

In Australia, in any confrontation with the police, if a policeman or policewoman puts their hand on you at all, you are considered under arrest.   Using your low IQ logic, policemen have no right to arrest females in Australia?
    Hello B:

Nahhh..  Again, I used the word MANHANDLE on purpose..  In my world, there's a distinction between "manhandle" and "arrest".  You CAN have one without the other.

If you're suggesting that it's HARD to be a patriot??  I wouldn't disagree.

excon

• BoganBogan 168 Pts   -  
    In Australia, Mr Excon, if a policeman or police woman (I hate the gender neutral term "policeperson"), puts his or her hand on your shoulder, you are under arrest.     If you do not become entirely submissive and submit to the arrest and you resist, the policeman or policewoman has every right to us force to subdue you.   if you resist, you will be charged with at least one other offense (resisting arrest)  I am sure it is the same in the USA.   

If you interfere with a policeman arresting a woman, even if he has to "manhandle" her, then unless you have very good grounds for interfering that a judge would accept, then you are going to get yourself in more trouble than Salman Rushdie.    I think you had better think twice about that one, or you won't be "excon" for much longer.  You will just be "con" again.
    If I saw a cop arresting someone for a drug crime, or any other absurd law, I would stop them if possible, regardless of how the cop is treating them.
    excon
    And for all the Trump people out there,

See the source image

Is the exact opposite of

See the source image
    @Bogan
    .........puts his or her hand on your shoulder, you are under arrest.   

Wouldn't work in America, would it?..........

"Her hummm excuse me..... (lightly taps the shoulder of a meth-fuelled crim)  I really think you should take that AK-47 home and lock it up in a safe place.....I'm not telling you....ha,ha, just saying, you know that you are um under arrest, if that's okay with you and um, oh yeah, just let me read from this sheet here about your rights and uh, this conversation may be recorded for training and quality purposes".

The same situation in the Bronx would result in the officer being under by six feet before he can even think of being within range to tap said offender on the shoulder.

• anarchist100anarchist100 672 Pts   -   edited August 7
    @Swolliw
    Sounds like you have never been arrested in Australia, the cops there are just like any other cops, the evil thugs will break into a person's house and kidnap them, or kill them if kidnapping becomes to dangerous (oh the poor babies!), usually for something like owning a gun so you can defend yourself, or putting a drug in your own damn body, and yet these people expect us to be sad when they are shot.