Did al Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri Deserve Death? - The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com - Debate Anything The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Did al Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri Deserve Death?

Debate Information

You betcha!

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• anarchist100anarchist100 672 Pts   -   edited August 2
    Well I don't actually know anything about this guy in particular, but considering that he was part of Al Qaeda, probably yes, that said, people who definitely deserve death are the people who went into the middle east and mass-murdered people for their own selfish gain, people like Bush, Clinton, and Obama, the thing that likely radicalized most of the Al Qaeda people. If an other country invaded my country and killed my friends and family I would certainly want to destroy that country, and I should mention that hating and wanting to destroy America is not what makes Al Qaeda evil, that is totally justified. There are far more detestable terrorists like Bush and Obama, it's unlikely that they're going to be held accountable for committing mass-murder, and that is a true tragedy. Also your cartoon looks a little racist.
    OakTownA
  • anarchist100anarchist100 672 Pts   -  
    What essentially happened was, a big powerful terrorist killed an irrelevant mostly powerless terrorist, because they hate competition.
  • JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 306 Pts   -  
    @anarchist100
    What's the name of your home planet?  Anarchistia?
  • anarchist100anarchist100 672 Pts   -  
    @JulesKorngold
    I shouldn't tell you that, we don't want the Americans invading us.
    OakTownA
  • JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 306 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Is This You When A Debate Post Frustrates You?

@anarchist100

OakTownA
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 4676 Pts   -  
    I have never really understood the concept of "deserving" something. As I see it, you get in life what you can get. What you "deserve" is irrelevant to anything that can actually happen in practice, to anything that should matter to you.

What is true is that the Al Qaeda leader was a menace and a threat who has committed an uncountable number of crimes. Taking him out was not a matter of giving him what he "deserved", but a matter of self-defense, of removing cancer from the organism. When you declare a war against humanity, against everyone but a tiny minority of people who follow your crazy interpretation of your insane religion - then the humanity is going to strike back with full force. That it happened to be the American forces that did it has no bearing on the necessity of doing it; if Chinese forces took him out instead, the outcome and my moral evaluation of this action would be exactly the same.
    PlaffelvohfenJulesKorngoldOakTownA
  • BoganBogan 157 Pts   -  
    Because of US drone strikes, being an Islamic terrorist leader is becoming a real health hazard.    it can also put a real crimp on your social life.    Nobody is going to invite you to a barbie and pi-ssup if the yanks don't like you.   A Hellfire missile in the buffet table can really ruin a party.     
    JulesKorngold