frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

What does 'born again' mean?

Debate Information

John 3:3 (ESV), "Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

I believe it is not what many people think. Many believe it is a process of fully accepting faith in Jesus Christ. Applies to people who have accepted Jesus as their Savior or Redeemer. Having a change or transformation of the soul and heart by the work of God’s Spirit, or perhaps, a change in the way we think, the way we manage our emotions, and choices we make by our will. All are close in describing 'born again', however, it is not what 'born again' means.

Another explanation: 'He needed a change of his heart—a spiritual transformation.' I will say that the latter part of this explanation is true, but it is not true in how this explanation intended it to mean.

The above verse says 'unless one is born again he cannot see the Kingdom of God.' The confusion (I believe) is with the 'Kingdom of God', how many believe we must conduct ourselves a certain way, or behave in a particular manner to be able to see the Kingdom of God. Yes, we must mirror Jesus in His character, but 'born again' is not the process of establishing that. Born again is an event! For those who understand the rapture, perhaps could understand this born again event. Here are some scriptural clues:

1 Pet 1:23, "...since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God;"
 John 3:5, "Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God."

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments