frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Yet More Examples of Debate Cheating

Debate Information

It's good to get contributions to help bolster the list of cheating techniques as initiated in the popular topic "How to Cheat at Debating" https://debateisland.com/discussion/8493/how-to-cheat-at-debating
Here's a good one and, for the purposes of confidentiality and privacy, I have disguised the contributor's name.
Post some tips on trolling and bullying.  You're very good at both.
Thanks for your contribution there Jxxxs, it is much appreciated. This is a prime example of "Personal Attack Mirroring"......it involves the instigator falsely accusing the victim of his own behavior....let's just look at a few random examples, shall we.........

@JulesKorngold You can't even spell her name correctly.  It's BRITTNEY, you incoherent waste of time.
@JulesKorngold ;Return to your planet.
@JulesKorngold ;What is your goal in bullying believers?
@JulesKorngold ;;Have you heard of sentences and periods?
@JulesKorngold ;;Is your IQ more than your shoe size?  Seriously..
@JulesKorngold ;;That's hilarious.  You're a pathetic clown.
@JulesKorngold ;;Your beliefs are hilarious. 
@JulesKorngold ;;You're beyond help.
@JulesKorngold ;;You are not welcome on my debates. 
@JulesKorngold ;You are such a squirrel...anybody that interacts with you is unwise, personally, I'm done.
@JulesKorngold ;Considering I view 99% of the participants in this forum as demons...I've wondered, almost daily, how much longer I can tolerate this demonic puke.

Here's another one that springs to mind and, perhaps someone can pluck out a few random examples from this site to better illustrate the point.........

* Sidetracking or Derailing:  This is a variation of the classic "red herring" tactic. When it looks as though the debate train is bound for glory and you happen to be on the wrong (losing) track you need to derail the whole debate so that subsequent posts will follow yours and avoid the          original topic completely. The topic could be, let's say...."The Bible is a compilation of exaggerated myths, lies and inaccuracies"...............There is no way in tarnation that you could ever win that by taking the other side so just casually lob in a cool post such as, "I was reading the myth about Odysseus and found out that the first novel ever written was based on it and.........." So, slide in nice and easy with that sleazy little trick and stop the train in its tracks.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments