frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Your daily police corruption and brutality.

Debate Information

This is the daily police brutality and corruption debate, where every day we bring to your attention an example of police doing things that they really shouldn't be doing. Thankyou to the Free Thought Project for probably providing most of the examples. Here is you first police brutality/corruption: https://thefreethoughtproject.com/police-brutality-cop-watch/watch-massive-cop-puts-innocent-man-in-the-hospital-for-drinking-a-beer-outside
jack

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• SwolliwSwolliw 1458 Pts   -  
    Well may it be your want to promote extremist (and therefore, wrong and inaccurate) propaganda however I hardly think it makes for intelligent, rational discussion since the only balanced argument could only be in the form of vehement refutation of such vile misinformation. @anarchist100
  • anarchist100anarchist100 680 Pts   -  
    Swolliw said:
    Well may it be your want to promote extremist (and therefore, wrong and inaccurate) propaganda however I hardly think it makes for intelligent, rational discussion since the only balanced argument could only be in the form of vehement refutation of such vile misinformation. @anarchist100
    Someone's upset that I insulted their cop dad, I'm sorry Swolliw, I shouldn't have been so mean, your daddy has every right to keep that 80 year old lady's house that he suspected was being used to sell drugs, and I'm sure that 13 year old who was running away was threatening him so he had to shoot.
  • DeeDee 4788 Pts   -   edited September 11
    Ha ,Ha Anarchrist never stops going on about how Europeans and others have no freedoms yet he lives in a country where police batter you for having tinted glass in your car or drinking a bottle of beer after a days work ……land of the free ROFLMAO …….

So maybe instead of constantly whining about European so called lack of freedoms you might explain what it’s like to live in a country where the police batter you for having tinted glass in your car?

Also thought you said you carry guns to stop state tyranny yet you let you let the police tyrannise you all like the big pussies you are 

You really do hate your own country you never stop whining about it do you?

San Rafael, CA — As readers of the Free Thought Project already know, referring to this geographical area known as the United States, as "the land of the free," is a misnomer. Thanks to the enforcement and persecution of victimless crimes, millions of innocent people have been beaten, kidnapped, and killed for acts in which nobody was harmed or victimized. This cannot be referred to as "freedom."

”land of the free” ……..LOL 
    @Dee
    Yeah, America isn't Free, I always acknowledged that, but come on, Europe is still worse.
    Well today we have a pretty detestable police brutality/corruption, and I'm sure the back the blue people will defend it:
    New Video Shows Cops Casually Walk Into Unarmed Man's Home, Wake Him Up, Execute Him - The Free Thought Project
  • DeeDee 4788 Pts   -  
    @anarchist100

Yeah, America isn't Free, I always acknowledged that, but come on, Europe is still worse.

No where except North Korea is worse than the US come on buddy beaten to a pulp for having tinted glass in a car or drinking a beer …….what a sh-it hole ……also you’re the one keeps saying what sh-it hole it is so why are you getting all defensive about it now? 
  • SwolliwSwolliw 1458 Pts   -   edited September 12
    @anarchist100
    Someone's upset that I insulted their cop dad, I'm sorry Swolliw, 

Try the gutter tactic of making personal attacks as much as you like but the fact is that you have circulated a malicious, vitriolic piece of anarchistic (well there's a clue) extremist misinformation for which you have absolutely no sane, informed reply for except to hurl even more vitriol at someone who dares to challenge your vile post. I'm not pro-police nor anti-police but geeziz kerrist, fair shake of the sauce bottle, you've been beaten hands down on your derogatory effort on just about every level. Such is extremism.....we don't need it in decent civilized society.

• jackjack 45 Pts   -  
    Swolliw said:

Try the gutter tactic of making personal attacks as much as you like

Hello S:

Du-de!  Really??  This is YOU saying that???  The guy who attacks me continuously and says I should go back to smoking my bong???

How hypocritical are you??

DU*DE again.

excon
    Swolliw said:
    @anarchist100
    Someone's upset that I insulted their cop dad, I'm sorry Swolliw, 

Try the gutter tactic of making personal attacks as much as you like but the fact is that you have circulated a malicious, vitriolic piece of anarchistic (well there's a clue) extremist misinformation for which you have absolutely no sane, informed reply for except to hurl even more vitriol at someone who dares to challenge your vile post. I'm not pro-police nor anti-police but geeziz kerrist, fair shake of the sauce bottle, you've been beaten hands down on your derogatory effort on just about every level. Such is extremism.....we don't need it in decent civilized society.

What we don't need in a decent civilized society, is a system in which cops can take your property whenever they like and you have to prove that it wasn't involved in a crime to get it back, or where they can shoot people and get away with it because of qualified immunity. That is the reality of the police system today, it is practically a criminal gang.
    jack
    Dee said:
    @anarchist100

No where except North Korea is worse than the US come on buddy beaten to a pulp for having tinted glass in a car or drinking a beer …….what a sh-it hole ……also you’re the one keeps saying what sh-it hole it is so why are you getting all defensive about it now? 
    You asked a question, I responded, of course the US isn't Free, I'm not defending the US I'm attacking European countries, you know, countries like Germany, where you can go to jail for denying the holocaust, and if the lack of Freedom doesn't bother you, everyone there is starving and freezing to death.
  • "America land of the free home of the brave " is a self-evident truth not all people are capable of hold truths as self-evdiewnt as state of the union created by United State constitution right. It comes as no surprise there are those people who cannot hold that one phrase as a self-evident truth. A hint though freedom must be proven as having no cost otherwise it is not a freedom and becomes a liberty taken or lost.

• "America land of the free home of the brave " is a self-evident truth not all people are capable of hold true in a state of the union created by United State constitution right. It comes as no surprise there are people who cannot hold something as complex as the self-evident truth. A hint though for these type people who are challenged in basic principle, freedom must be proven as having no cost otherwise it is not a freedom at all and is what is otherwise called in truth a liberty taken or lost.

• Luigi7255Luigi7255 584 Pts   -   edited September 12
    @anarchist100

According to the Freedom Index (https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/freedom-index-by-country), a rating of how free a country is based on 12 categories; this year, the U.S. placed 15th; with 11 of the 14 in front of the U.S. in Europe. Those countries, in order, are Switzerland, Denmark, Estonia, Ireland, Finland, Sweden, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Iceland, Norway, and the U.K. Those that aren't in Europe are, in order, New Zealand, Canada, and Australia. So, yeah, the U.S. is much less free than quite a bit of Europe.

Also, Germany is tied with the U.S. on the Freedom Index.
    "I will never change who I am just because you do not approve."
  • DeeDee 4788 Pts   -  
    @anarchist100

like Germany, where you can go to jail for denying the holocaust,

Why how many have been jailed ? Name them please ? Lucky for you as you don’t live there don’t you and your hero David Icke deny the Holocaust ever happened ?

and if the lack of Freedom doesn't bother you, everyone there is starving and freezing to death.

Everyone is starving in Europe and freezing to death ? You really are one of those incredibly ignorant and st-upid yanks we Europeans make fun of 24/7 I guess when as a nation you think Donald Trump the height of intelligence we cannot expect much more can we ?
    Luigi7255 said:
    @anarchist100

According to the Freedom Index (https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/freedom-index-by-country), a rating of how free a country is based on 12 categories; this year, the U.S. placed 15th; with 11 of the 14 in front of the U.S. in Europe. Those countries, in order, are Switzerland, Denmark, Estonia, Ireland, Finland, Sweden, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Iceland, Norway, and the U.K. Those that aren't in Europe are, in order, New Zealand, Canada, and Australia. So, yeah, the U.S. is much less free than quite a bit of Europe.

Also, Germany is tied with the U.S. on the Freedom Index.
    New Zealand is not a Free country at all, they have banned guns and smoking, and people where locked in their homes during covid. I don't know who made this chart, probably the same nut who made Freedom house.
  • anarchist100anarchist100 680 Pts   -   edited September 12
    Dee said:
    @anarchist100

like Germany, where you can go to jail for denying the holocaust,

Why how many have been jailed ? Name them please ? Lucky for you as you don’t live there don’t you and your hero David Icke deny the Holocaust ever happened ?
     much more can we ?
    https://www.dw.com/en/germany-93-year-old-holocaust-denier-sent-back-to-jail/a-61336650 This is a pretty good candidate for the daily tyranny actually.
    and if the lack of Freedom doesn't bother you, everyone there is starving and freezing to death.

Everyone is starving in Europe and freezing to death ? You really are one of those incredibly ignorant and st-upid yanks we Europeans make fun of 24/7 I guess when as a nation you think Donald Trump the height of intelligence we cannot expect much more can we ?
    Not everyone in Europe, most people in Germany are though. and those who don't like it are enemies of the state.
  • Luigi7255Luigi7255 584 Pts   -  
    @anarchist100

The Freedom Index was published by the Cato Institute (U.S.), the Fraser Institute (Canada), and the Liberales Institut at the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (Germany), not founded by Eleanor Roosevelt or Wendell Willkie.
    Luigi7255 said:
    @anarchist100

The Freedom Index was published by the Cato Institute (U.S.), the Fraser Institute (Canada), and the Liberales Institut at the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (Germany), not founded by Eleanor Roosevelt or Wendell Willkie.
    Ok, so different nuts, got a lot more crazies out there than I thought.
    @anarchist100

I'd think the country that is majorly debating on whether to allow abortion and same-sex marriage is less free than one that allows both. That's just me, though.
    Luigi7255 said:
    @anarchist100

I'd think the country that is majorly debating on whether to allow abortion and same-sex marriage is less free than one that allows both. That's just me, though.
    You have to take their other policies into consideration though, a country could allow someone the right to do marijuana but also execute anyone who holds a view contrary to the government, I could use the logic you're using here to defend North Korea, the fact is that Europe and definitely New Zealand have more violations of Freedom than most states do, some states are as bad as Europe, but if you look at the average level of Freedom for America, I think you should find it better than Europe, and practically anywhere is better than New Zealand.
  • DeeDee 4788 Pts   -  
    @anarchist100

Yes the Grandma was jailed for constantly spouting hate and posiom against Jews the court was right to jail her but naturally a holocaust  denier and jew hater like you calls that a " denial " of rights

That you think Germans are freezing to death shows how du-mb and ignorant you are 
    Dee said:
    @anarchist100

Yes the Grandma was jailed for constantly spouting hate and posiom against Jews the court was right to jail her but naturally a holocaust  denier and jew hater like you calls that a " denial " of rights
    Yes it is a denial of rights, you don't have a right to jail someone for what they say, that's is a violation of Freedom of speech and is unacceptable, I wouldn't expect a dirty European to understand.
    That you think Germans are freezing to death shows how du-mb and ignorant you are 
    Go to Germany and see, but don't try driving there unless you want to go bankrupt, you guys seem to have a little problem with fuel prices.
    @anarchist100

The Freedom Index also has other smaller divisions for personal freedom and economic freedom. The U.S. suffers in the first division (placing above Uraguay but below Italy at 24th place) but shines in economic freedom (placing above Ireland but below Georgia at 7th place).

Also, would you want personal freedoms that you have (i.e. abortion, SSM, right to bear arms, etc.) or no freedoms like you mentioned with North Korea? If you really want a free country, Switzerland is the absolute best, and around half of its population owns weapons. It also places 2nd on the personal freedom division behind Sweden.
    Luigi7255 said:
    @anarchist100

The Freedom Index also has other smaller divisions for personal freedom and economic freedom. The U.S. suffers in the first division (placing above Uraguay but below Italy at 24th place) but shines in economic freedom (placing above Ireland but below Georgia at 7th place).

Also, would you want personal freedoms that you have (i.e. abortion, SSM, right to bear arms, etc.) or no freedoms like you mentioned with North Korea? If you really want a free country, Switzerland is the absolute best, and around half of its population owns weapons. It also places 2nd on the personal freedom division behind Sweden.
    Yes, I'll admit Switzerland and Sweden are probably better than many parts of America, which is certainly not the norm in Europe, but New Zealand is far to high on that list, it should be near the bottom, they literally made it illegal for a person to make a personal decision to smoke, a terrible country.
  • Luigi7255Luigi7255 584 Pts   -   edited September 12
    @anarchist100

And if the U.S. were to make a decision like how some people want to ban abortion, SSM, and some want to check private parts to prevent trans kids from going to school and playing sports (yes, somebody made a bill for that in Florida and it passed the State House https://thehill.com/changing-america/respect/equality/548534-floridas-new-ban-on-transgender-students-in-sports-would/), then the U.S. should be at the bottom too.
    OakTownA
    Luigi7255 said:
    @anarchist100

And if the U.S. were to make a decision like how some people want to ban abortion, SSM, and some want to check private parts to prevent trans kids from going to school and playing sports (yes, somebody made a bill for that in Florida and it passed the State House https://thehill.com/changing-america/respect/equality/548534-floridas-new-ban-on-transgender-students-in-sports-would/), then the U.S. should be at the bottom too.
    Yes, many states in America are pretty tyrannical, most European countries have a worse level of Freedom than the average level of all the states, almost all of them have strict gun control, regulations of speech, and imposed lockdowns and vaccine mandates during covid, but yeah, the US is still pretty bad.
  • JoeKerrJoeKerr 286 Pts   -  
    @anarchist100 ;  said, "and if the lack of Freedom doesn't bother you, everyone there is starving and freezing to death."

I really have to take you to task regarding that statement. I live in Europe, and I don't know anyone who is freezing and starving.
    I also think that you saying Europe has a low level of freedom is just plain nonsense.
    Where do you get these ideas from? Have you ever been to any European countries?
    OakTownA
    JoeKerr said:
    @anarchist100 ;  said, "and if the lack of Freedom doesn't bother you, everyone there is starving and freezing to death."

I really have to take you to task regarding that statement. I live in Europe, and I don't know anyone who is freezing and starving.
    I also think that you saying Europe has a low level of freedom is just plain nonsense.
    Where do you get these ideas from? Have you ever been to any European countries?
    You are misrepresenting my argument that same way Dee did, I never said that everyone in Europe was starving and freezing to death, but that everyone in Germany was, which they are, food and fuel prices are unreasonably high so no one can afford to heat their home or eat, also, regarding Freedom in Europe, as I said before, almost every country in Europe has regulations of speech, strict gun control or gun bans, and imposed a lockdown or mandate during covid.
    @anarchist100

Some states are terrible, like Florida and Texas. I'd prefer to be homeless in Cali than rich in Florida at this point.
  • BarnardotBarnardot 222 Pts   -  
    How dear you post that sort of dog mess because what your doing is pushing a whole heap of lies that stirs up bad carma when your really bitting the hands that feed you That stuff about child abuse is so way out and wrong and I think you should do the right thing and pull that dog mess off this site because it’s pure filfth not even fit for a dog @anarchist100
    Barnardot said:
    How dear you post that sort of dog mess because what your doing is pushing a whole heap of lies that stirs up bad carma when your really bitting the hands that feed you That stuff about child abuse is so way out and wrong and I think you should do the right thing and pull that dog mess off this site because it’s pure filfth not even fit for a dog @anarchist100
    Tough isn't it? Having to hear the reality about what government and police are capable of, any well indoctrinated statist would be triggered, claim it to be false, and demand that they don't have to see it.
  • DeeDee 4788 Pts   -  
    @anarchist100

Yes it is a denial of rights, you don't have a right to jail someone for what they say, that's is a violation of Freedom of speech and is unacceptable, I wouldn't expect a dirty European to understand.

Nonsense , it’s perfectly acceptable to punish someone for constantly engaging in hate speech and spreading malicious lies regarding the Holocaust , that’s why your buddy and fellow Holocaust denier David Icke is  barred in most places 

You really are a pretty hateful ignorant yank aren’t you with your “dirty European “ you sound  just like your hero  David Ickce who called the Jews dirty ?

Why do you hate nearly everyone is your life that terrible?

Go to Germany and see, but don't try driving there unless you want to go bankrupt, you guys seem to have a little problem with fuel prices

I know all about Germany no one is freezing to death you Id-iot ………It seems you guys have a little problem with Healthcare costs , education costs , housing costs etc ,etc ……….
    Dee said:
    @anarchist100

Nonsense , it’s perfectly acceptable to punish someone for constantly engaging in hate speech and spreading malicious lies regarding the Holocaust , that’s why your buddy and fellow Holocaust denier David Icke is  barred in most places 

You really are a pretty hateful ignorant yank aren’t you with your “dirty European “ you sound  just like your hero  David Ickce who called the Jews dirty ?

Why do you hate nearly everyone is your life that terrible?

It's none of your business if a person hates someone else, that's their right as a Free individual. What kind of insecure child feels the need to control the speech of others?

Go to Germany and see, but don't try driving there unless you want to go bankrupt, you guys seem to have a little problem with fuel prices

I know all about Germany no one is freezing to death you Id-iot ………It seems you guys have a little problem with Healthcare costs , education costs , housing costs etc ,etc ……….
    In America you can improve your situation by working hard, that's a lot harder in Germany where almost all of your money is taxed.
    OakTownA
  • DeeDee 4788 Pts   -  
    @anarchist100

It's none of your business if a person hates someone else, that's their right as a Free individual. What kind of insecure child feels the need to control the speech of others?

It’s all my business if their hate involves others brutalising or discriminating  against them . What kind of insecure child feels the need to call blacks ni-iggers ? Oh wait that would be you and fellow American Klan supporters 
    In America you can improve your situation by working hard, that's a lot harder in Germany where almost all of your money is taxed

You mean in the same America where you deny workers a minimun wage sure thing Homer keep telling yourself the lies FOX news feeds you 
    OakTownA
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 4713 Pts   -  
    Luigi7255 said:
    @anarchist100

Some states are terrible, like Florida and Texas. I'd prefer to be homeless in Cali than rich in Florida at this point.
    Strange, as these states regularly rank very high in freedom indices similar to the one you referred to above (Florida is typically #1 or #2 on the list, and Texas regularly makes it into top-5 as well), they feature some of the highest median incomes when adjusted by CPI, they have very high quality of infrastructure, great climate conditions and thriving enterpreneurial environments (Austin and Miami are the fastest growing business hubs in the US, according to reasonable economical analyses).
    On the other hand, California routinely ranks as #50 freedom-wise, has the most oppressive regulatory regime in the country, its major cities are plagued with crime, homelessness and drug abuse, its infrastructure is in tatters, and its governor is a delirious lunatic who tells the truth as often as a broken clock does.

What makes you prefer being homeless in California to being rich in Florida?
    OakTownA
    Dee said:
    @anarchist100

It’s all my business if their hate involves others brutalising or discriminating  against them . What kind of insecure child feels the need to call blacks ni-iggers ? Oh wait that would be you and fellow American Klan supporters 
    No one is being harmed by people stating their opinions, other than your feelings because you never grew up and learned to hear things you don't like, which is understandable considering that in your country anyone who expresses an unpleasant opinion will go to prison.

In America you can improve your situation by working hard, that's a lot harder in Germany where almost all of your money is taxed

You mean in the same America where you deny workers a minimun wage sure thing Homer keep telling yourself the lies FOX news feeds you 
    In America where you have to work for the things that you want, you are not entitled to anything but the right to earn it.
    @MayCaesar

Because I'd prefer having privacy than having somebody violate my body (and even put in prison if something like Lawrence was overturned like Clarence Thomas thinks it should) or get grilled about my personal life. If I had the option between people who support my freedom and people against my freedom, I'd choose support. Would you?
    OakTownA
  • DeeDee 4788 Pts   -  
    @anarchist100

No one is being harmed by people stating their opinions,

Right so Klu , Klux , Klan screaming ni-ggers at black people is not harming them ……WOW ! Those great American freedoms …LOL,

other than your feelings because you never grew up and learned to hear things you don't like,

You mean like Ross Parks being spit on and calked ni-gger for being black and wanting a sit  on a bus and big tough American hard men getting praised for bullying a black woman? 

which is understandable considering that in your country anyone who expresses an unpleasant opinion will go to prison.

Not true but unlike America we didn’t segregate spit on blacks and lynch them because we had a right to

In America where you have to work for the things that you want, you are not entitled to anything but the right to earn it. 

Right which is why you refuse to pay people who do work fairly as in no to minimun wage so no you don’t have a right to earn as wages are not even legally required to have a basic minimun 
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 4713 Pts   -  
    Luigi7255 said:
    @MayCaesar

Because I'd prefer having privacy than having somebody violate my body (and even put in prison if something like Lawrence was overturned like Clarence Thomas thinks it should) or get grilled about my personal life. If I had the option between people who support my freedom and people against my freedom, I'd choose support. Would you?
    I am not sure I understand what you are referring to. It sounds like you are talking about those states' abortion laws and something else? Two very narrow issues applicable to a small minority of the population you disagree with - and that makes you prefer being homeless in California to being rich there? That is bizarre, but whatever floats your boat.

Me, after a thorough research, I put Florida and Texas as my target #1 and #2 state respectively for moving in a while ago (I suppose Texas and Nevada are even). California is close to the bottom of the list. Being rich anywhere in the US is far preferable to being homeless anywhere in the US (or anywhere in the Universe, for that matter).
    @MayCaesar

I've said this many times, but I'm in the LGBT+ community and Lawrence v. Texas was the S.C. case that banned anti-sodomy laws, which Clarence is ready to overturn. I'm also not referring to abortion, an issue that doesn't apply to me. Also, Texas and Florida aren't kind to youth like me in really any form, no matter if they're homeless or not.
    OakTownA
    Dee said:
    @anarchist100

No one is being harmed by people stating their opinions,

Right so Klu , Klux , Klan screaming ni-ggers at black people is not harming them ……WOW ! Those great American freedoms …LOL,

Right. Don't like it than leave, if they follow you and threaten you that's harassment, but that's not even close to being the case here where it's just a person writing books or posting on the internet.
    other than your feelings because you never grew up and learned to hear things you don't like,

You mean like Ross Parks being spit on and calked ni-gger for being black and wanting a sit  on a bus and big tough American hard men getting praised for bullying a black woman? 

Guess what Dee, physically assaulting someone is not the same as speaking, any intelligent person would know that.

which is understandable considering that in your country anyone who expresses an unpleasant opinion will go to prison.

Not true but unlike America we didn’t segregate spit on blacks and lynch them because we had a right to

You're bringing up something that happened long ago, must I bring up what Europeans where doing around that period so long ago?

Right which is why you refuse to pay people who do work fairly as in no to minimun wage so no you don’t have a right to earn as wages are not even legally required to have a basic minimun 
    Want a better wage, either get a better job or start a union, everything you get you have to work for. He who does not work, neither shall he eat.
  • anarchist100anarchist100 680 Pts   -   edited September 13
    Luigi7255 said:
    @MayCaesar

I've said this many times, but I'm in the LGBT+ community and Lawrence v. Texas was the S.C. case that banned anti-sodomy laws, which Clarence is ready to overturn. I'm also not referring to abortion, an issue that doesn't apply to me. Also, Texas and Florida aren't kind to youth like me in really any form, no matter if they're homeless or not.
    Wow, If they actually did something like that I'd have a pretty good candidate for the daily tyranny. Fancy that, the folks who tell us about Freedom restricting what people do with their sex lives, oh well, this type of thing won't be anything new for them, remember the war on drugs? Just another example of tyrants trying to control other people's lives to suit their personal values. Makes sense after all coming from Texas, the whole one star thing is actually a review.
    And for today's police brutality/corruption, we have a pretty undeniably detestable incident, cry more "back the blue" people: WATCH: Woman-Beating Cop Punches His Handcuffed Victim, Smashes Her into a Wall - The Free Thought Project
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 4713 Pts   -   edited September 13
    Luigi7255 said:
    @MayCaesar

I googled this, and it appears that Texas complied with the Supreme Court's rule. "Ready to overturn" sounds like a weird presumption: it has not been overturned yet - what makes you think that it is going to be overturned in the future?

There are plenty of homosexual people in Florida and Texas who seem to be doing pretty well. There are LGBT pride parades somewhere in both of these states virtually every week.
    For that matter, even if that was not the case, is this single issue really enough for you to prefer being a homeless person in California? How much do you know about what it is like to be a homeless person anywhere on Earth? My friend, if you talked to actual homeless people, you would be very likely to prefer living in North Korea to that kind of life.
  • DeeDee 4788 Pts   -  
    @anarchist100

Right. Don't like it than leave, if they follow you and threaten you that's harassment, but that's not even close to being the case here where it's just a person writing books or posting on the internet.

Ahh right blacks should just up sticks leave their homes and jobs when bullies like you want your rights to vent your hate upheld , what a sick country you live in 

Guess what Dee, physically assaulting someone is not the same as speaking, any intelligent person would know that.

So verbally attacking parks was now just “speaking” ? 

You're bringing up something that happened long ago, must I bring up what Europeans where doing around that period so long ago?

Yes please bring up how we in Europe segregated , beat and kept blacks as second class citizens ….LOL 

Want a better wage, either get a better job or start a union, everything you get you have to work for. He who does not work, neither shall he eat.

But Americans on the lowest wages do work you Id-iot but people like you think only certain Americans are entitled to a decent wage 
  • Luigi7255Luigi7255 584 Pts   -   edited September 14
    @MayCaesar

"I googled this, and it appears that Texas complied with the Supreme Court's rule."

Sort of. With Lawrence, they did, but with Obergefell, Abbott condemned the ruling and the then-attourney general also condemned the ruling. They also cited any form of gender-affirming care of minors as child abuse.

""Ready to overturn" sounds like a weird presumption: it has not been overturned yet - what makes you think that it is going to be overturned in the future?"

Clarence's determination to overturn such rulings. He made it clear he thought that the Supreme Court must "correct the error" in Lawrence, Obergefell, and Griswold, the last one, if overturned, would allow states to ban contraceptives.

"There are plenty of homosexual people in Florida and Texas who seem to be doing pretty well. There are LGBT pride parades somewhere in both of these states virtually every week."

For now, that is. In Flordia, I wouldn't be surprised if they made being gay illegal if Lawrence is overturned because DeSantis is a Bible-thumping governor, same with Abbott.

"
    For that matter, even if that was not the case, is this single issue really enough for you to prefer being a homeless person in California?"

Yes. I don't want to be put in prison.
    OakTownA
  • JoeKerrJoeKerr 286 Pts   -  
    @anarchist100 ;  "I never said that everyone in Europe was starving and freezing to death, but that everyone in Germany was, which they are,"

I have a relative who lives and works in Berlin. He has just returned to Germany after a visit home. He looked neither hungry nor cold to
    me. He did tell me how much he enjoys living and working there, My wife and I took a trip to see him just before the pandemic and Berlin is a fantastic vibrant city.
    Strange that it must have slipped his mind to tell me that now everyone in Germany is freezing and starving. 
    OakTownA
    Dee said:
    @anarchist100

Ahh right blacks should just up sticks leave their homes and jobs when bullies like you want your rights to vent your hate upheld , what a sick country you live in 
    Going to someone's home and threatening them, if you where smart and not totally disingenuous you would probably understand that that's different than writing books and posting on the internet.

So verbally attacking parks was now just “speaking” ? 
    Perhaps it was harassment, but that's a totally different thing than the stuff that can get you put in prison in places like Germany and France.

Yes please bring up how we in Europe segregated , beat and kept blacks as second class citizens ….LOL 
    You literally had the holocaust around that time period.

But Americans on the lowest wages do work you Id-iot but people like you think only certain Americans are entitled to a decent wage 
    Do you expect to make a living wage working at Mcdonald's? If you want that you'll have to work towards getting a better job. Companies can't be forced to pay you good for flipping burgers.