frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Jesus speaks on gay and women issues.

Debate Information

Jesus speaks on gay and women issues.

His law was clear.

Do unto others.

We are to put ourselves in a gay or devalued woman’s shoes, and act towards them the way we would act if we were gay or devalued female.

Regards

DL

ZeusAres42jack

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• SwolliwSwolliw 1477 Pts   -   edited October 15
    @GnosticChristian
    Do unto others.
    I think that sounds okay in principle however, in practice and, being a full-blooded hetero, I would find it a tad difficult in accommodating the wishes of a gay guy in doing unto me.....I'm sure that his wishes may well be honorable.
    In the case of a devalued woman; I could never place anyone above or below me and I would just accept it...oh yeah babe.
  • BoganBogan 203 Pts   -  
    What did He say on climate change, nuclear war, and robots taking over the workplace, Mr Swallow?
  • GnosticChristianGnosticChristian 253 Pts   -  
    Swolliw said:
    @GnosticChristian
    Do unto others.
    I think that sounds okay in principle however, in practice and, being a full-blooded hetero, I would find it a tad difficult in accommodating the wishes of a gay guy in doing unto me.....I'm sure that his wishes may well be honorable.
    In the case of a devalued woman; I could never place anyone above or below me and I would just accept it...oh yeah babe.
    If all have the same value, no one is special, and that is not the way reality works.

You have not thought deeply on this issue.

If you were a guy on a sinking ship with your view, I might have to throw you out of the lifeboat issued to the women and children above you.

Have you heard of the Captain Coward club?

Regards
    DL
  • SwolliwSwolliw 1477 Pts   -  
    @GnosticChristian
    If all have the same value, no one is special, and that is not the way reality works.

I thoroughly agree with you and it is truly a crying shame that is the reality.

However, I like the majority of caring, civilsed members of society will always treat everyone as equals and if others choose to think their ignorant arrogant ways they have been put on notice that society is tolerating their repulsive views less and less.

• pamelajohnson1pamelajohnson1 198 Pts   -  
    Jesus also said:     Romans 1:27 King James Version 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.  @GnosticChristian
  • SwolliwSwolliw 1477 Pts   -  
    @pamelajohnson1
    And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.  

And what the heck that is supposed to translate as is anybody's guess. Surprising that text taken from such an esteemed and high quality publication as the Bible could be construed as being slightly ambiguous. Very out of character, don't you think?

Ok.  Where did this come from?  Do unto others.   If one part of the Bible is good, then it's all good.  @Swolliw
  • dallased25dallased25 352 Pts   -  
    @pamelajohnson1
    Is this part good? Esphesians 6:5 Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.
    OakTownA
    Yes, it is.  You wouldn't have any control of being made a slave.  So, if you are made a slave you act as Jesus would, because you are a part of his body.  Which means, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.@dallased25
    Sonofason
    @pamelajohnson1
    At least you were honest about this in that you and the bible support slavery. You are despicable. 
    GnosticChristianOakTownA
    Hopefully God will open your eyes before the end comes.  The opportunity to be saved from destruction is there for all. God help you. @dallased25
    GnosticChristiandallased25OakTownA
    Hopefully God will open your eyes before the end comes.  The opportunity to be saved from destruction is there for all. God help you. @dallased25
    Scriptures say he does open our eyes, --- for all of us, --- but you do not seem to agree with your bible.

Do you ignore the bible where it has God saying that none of us are lost and do not need saving?

Regards
    DL

Yes, it is.  You wouldn't have any control of being made a slave.  So, if you are made a slave you act as Jesus would, because you are a part of his body.  Which means, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.@dallased25

Will you obey Christ at Armageddon, when he tells you to mass murder the non-believers?

Regards
    DL
    @pamelajohnson1
    Ah the old "believe as I do, or something bad will happen to you!" Gotta love a god that threatens his own children with torture and destruction! 
    Gods' children are few, but the devils' children are plenty.@dallased25
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 4800 Pts   -  
    She did not open your eyes though: your fate is to be eaten alive, slowly, by the Spider Queen in her realm. Your blindness to the truth will cost you dearly!
    dallased25
    @pamelajohnson1
    There's another bumper sticker...the old "If you are not with me, you are against me". I read your comments and just smh. It's just amazing what religion does to people like you....that it makes you say and act in such a disgusting way and you don't even see anything wrong with it. “With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil - that takes religion.” - Steven Weinberg
  • just_sayinjust_sayin 17 Pts   -  
    Claiming that "Do unto others." means Jesus approves of gay sex is pure eisegesis.  It is the verbal equivalent of a guy saying "I want that girl to have sex with me, therefore I will do to her what I want her to do to me, I have God's approval so I don't need hers."  Jesus said "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them." (Matthew 5:17-18).  Jesus did not give any new commandments about gay sex.  He did not contradict  Leviticus 18:22, which says "‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable."  The apostle Paul who met with Jesus' disciples restates the same message of Leviticus 18:22 (See Romans 1:26-27, 1 Corinthians 6:9, 1 Timothy 1:10).  
    GnosticChristian
    Explain to me how you see evil in the things I say in my posts.@dallased25
    Claiming that "Do unto others." means Jesus approves of gay sex is pure eisegesis.  It is the verbal equivalent of a guy saying "I want that girl to have sex with me, therefore I will do to her what I want her to do to me, I have God's approval so I don't need hers."  Jesus said "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them." (Matthew 5:17-18).  Jesus did not give any new commandments about gay sex.  He did not contradict  Leviticus 18:22, which says "‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable."  The apostle Paul who met with Jesus' disciples restates the same message of Leviticus 18:22 (See Romans 1:26-27, 1 Corinthians 6:9, 1 Timothy 1:10).  
    If you are to read all the bible literally, can Jesus be your savior?

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

No, he cannot. Shall we continue with literality?

No.

Jesus said that how we would treat the lowest of us was how he saw us treating him.

You would ask Jesus to ignore his God given nature if he were Gay, would you?

You would promote sexual and physical considerations as more important to life than love.

Is that how you see you as doing unto LGBTQ?

They do not all engage in male to male sex.

What do you do with them?

Regards
    DL
    How can you not?

Regards
    DL
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 4800 Pts   -   edited December 4
    That is fairly straightforward: your posts are full of authoritarian stuff of the "Do X, or you will be punished" kind. You do not see other people telling you the same, for instance: "Give up your belief in god, or you will end up at a guillotine operated by an atheist fanatic". As far as I am concerned, your preposterous beliefs simply make you unable to function properly in the real world, because they are completely detached from reality - but I do not think that you should be punished for them, and, for that matter, the Universe already punishes people like you enough by making others outcompete your ilk when it comes to career, relationships and other fields of human activity.

If the kind of god you are promoting actually existed, then it would be all the more reason to not worship him. A creature that lets those people who does not worship it burn for eternity in hell is a god that deserves condemnation, not worship. But because of all the religious conditioning you have received, you do not even see it this way, and you think that you "love" god... same way as a slave "loves" his master. This is the most twisted type of love imaginable, and it absolutely is evil.

I love the lady I love not because of any intimidation, but because she is my equal, because she has certain positive traits that I lack, and because spending time with her gives me unbelievable joy. In your religious communities though, this kind of love is uncommon: husbands treat their wives as second class people and as home caretakers, parents treat their children as annoying brats who are to be civilized by force (hence canning and whipping being so common), and priests treat their followers as uneducated fools who need to be told how to tie their shoelaces.

Your views are certainly evil, but most of it causes you to live a miserable life. The times when such views could be imposed on others have passed, and unless you go to some retrograde Amish community, you can only tyrannize your immediate family with them. And then someone like me will come across your children and show them a better way, and they will resent you - not because of me, but because of what you have done to them as a consequence of your twisted views on love.
  • SonofasonSonofason 424 Pts   -  
    @pamelajohnson1
    There's another bumper sticker...the old "If you are not with me, you are against me". I read your comments and just smh. It's just amazing what religion does to people like you....that it makes you say and act in such a disgusting way and you don't even see anything wrong with it. “With or without religion, good people can behave well and bad people can do evil; but for good people to do evil - that takes religion.” - Steven Weinberg
    I don't think I agree...There is however something very disgusting about inserting a penis in a butt hole.
    dallased25
    Yeah, good way to end up with hepatitis. @Sonofason
    @Sonofason
    Whether you find that disgusting or not....what does that have to do with anything? Why are you christians so obsessed with sex and other people do with their private parts?!