frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Does God Exist?

Debate Information

This must surely be the big kahuna of debates and, sure this debate has been put out there on more than one occasion but this time there is a difference.

I am declaring right from the start that I will argue the positive....God exists. What the? Has Swolliw gone mad, I hear so many people cry?

Not exactly, because I threw down the gauntlet to another member (and I won't mention the name of MayCaeser here) to prove that one can win an argument regardless of which side one takes. And, let's face sit here; I have always been in the habit of choosing the winning side which I admit is taking a bit of an unfair advantage of those less skilled in literary wit and articulating thoughts into compelling arguments. So, here is the challenge, it will be tough I know, but I dare anyone to successfully refute my arguments and confirm that God doesn't exist.

So, to open, I will say that God exists because one has to first look at the substance of the question. How does one define "God" and how does one define "exist".

I contend that, since God is regarded as being omni-present then He must truly be everything and it is easy to prove the existence of everything so, therefore God must exist.

Then okay, we contend that God has mighty powers and capable of creating a massive universe complete with all its life and workings. Let's just take a look at the word "exist" then. Because those who fervently believe in God will treat the existence of God as not merely an imaginary friend but as an actual fact of being, no different to anything else that exists. Therefore God actually does exist in the minds of those who are deluded.

So, there you have it....God exists.
DreamerJGXdebatePRO

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments