frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Pedophilia should be punishable by death.

Debate Information

It is in my opinion, one of humanities greatest duties to raise and protect the weakest in our society, children as well as protecting their innocence and childhood.
Pedophiles, are then going against one of if not our most important obligations to use and abuse the most weak and fragile members of our society, to destroy their lives, shatter their innocent minds all just for a sick moment of pleasure to appease their twisted and disgusting fantasies. One might then come to an obvious conclusion that this disgusting and disgraceful group of monsters must be stopped at any cost.
Hence, we should instate the death penalty for anyone who can be proven to have been involved in pedophilic activity, unless they admit to their pedophilia, and haven't committed any of such acts, then proper action may be taken ranging from mandatory therapy to solitary confinement.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• anarchist100anarchist100 713 Pts   -   edited November 22
     unless they admit to their pedophilia, and haven't committed any of such acts, then proper action may be taken ranging from mandatory therapy to solitary confinement.
    And do tell, why good would solitary confinement do? Are their potential children in prison for them to harm? There are no children in prisons, since we are talking about people who have not committed any offense, I see no reason why they should be made to suffer any more than that which is unfortunately necessary, if we are to separate them from society, I would suggest giving them colonies far away from the rest of society where they can live as well as could be expected, and provided every opportunity to seek help for their condition, and upon successfully doing so, be allowed to return to normal society as if nothing had happened.

Being born with a mental condition, does not lessen, in any way, the value of any individual's wellbeing.
    ZeusAres42
  • BoganBogan 203 Pts   -  
    the firs thing you should realise is that the term "pedophilia" differ from country to country.       The age of consent in Spain is 13, in eastern europe 14, in France 15, and in most western countries 16.     The Australian state of Queensland once had their age of consent at 17 although it was reduced to 16 to bring it into line with other Australian states.     The most bizarre concept of age of consent is the USA where th age of consent is 18 years old.   Like, you guys are kidding, right?     Although some US states have a "3 year rule which means that a young man may have sex with an underage girl, provided that he is no older than the girl by 3 years.     I presume that was enacted because so many noys were in jail that the yanks were thinking of closing a lot of high schools.

There has also always existed a difference between the sexual age of consent between males and females.    A man who deflowers an underage girl is usually looked upon with contempt.    But if an older womam, especially a very good looking one "makes a man" out of a teenage boy, most men would say "you lucky little bastard."       
    anarchist100BobbyColovvie
  • SwolliwSwolliw 1477 Pts   -  
    @KAP22
    I am pro death penalty for murder, rape and pedophilia and, all for the same reason.

I think the death penalty has little effect as a deterrent although for pedophilia it may be more so than the other crimes.

The prime benefit is that the death penalty can be used as and has proven to be a great bargaining tool. It is common in murder cases for example to penalty bargain with the accused to plead guilty and/or reveal the location of bodies, thus saving anguish for those grieving and also saving gigantic public legal costs. In cases of pedophilia and rape, in return for a guilty plea, victims and their families are spared the torment of having to re-live the experience through having to testify and the convicted felon will be sentenced to a living hell in prison. 

anarchist100
  • jackjack 81 Pts   -  
    KAP22 said:

Pedophilia should be punishable by death.

Hello K:

When speaking of these matters, precise language is required.

Pedophilia is a condition which, if not acted upon, is only harmful to those inflicted with it.

However, committing an act of pedophilia, which is distinct from simply having the condition, is extremely harmful to the victims. 

Still, I'm not a proponent of the death penalty, so life without parole would be good for me.

excon
  • BoganBogan 203 Pts   -  
    If "Pedophilia" is defined as men being sexually attracted to young sexually mature teenage girls, then you would probably have to execute, or jail for life, almost the entire male population of every country.     Polk County in Florida recently had a "sting" operation where a man supposedly advertised his young teenage daughter for sex at a motel, and 200 men turned up and were arrested.   These included some of the most prominent men in Orlando.    Men are very sexually attracted to young women.    With "young" being the operative word.      If I am wrong, why are so many TV ads about cosmetics stressing such things as "making your skin look younger.",  "Keep yourself looking young"?     "Trophy wives" are usually the beautiful wives of rich men who are old enough to be the man's daughter, or even granddaughter.     Geofrey Epstein had a stable of underage teenage girls who he shared with his rich male friends which included some of the richest and most powerful men on the planet.    It is no wonder that these powerful men were able to suppress 'Epstein's List" from media publication.     "Supermodels" are freak women who have very long legs and thin body builds.  They are considered very sexy because they look like adolescent girls.  

The idea that youth should be an impediment to sex is a modern idea, just like the modern idea that homosexuality is normal.      It was only in 1746 that the British parliament passed a law banning the marriage of girls under 12 and boys under 13.     For almost all of human history, young females were given as wives to men at puberty, so it is hardly surprising that men are attracted to young females.

As a teenage boy I was "propositioned" by two of my mates mothers, so sexual attraction to the young is not just limited to males.    There seem to be a lot of women who fantasize about "making a man" out of young boys.     I would opine that most men fully approve of this behaviour by women,(although a boy's mother definitely may not)    This is a fascinating subject but I find that there is almost no literature examining it, unless it is written by screeching virtue signalers.     
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 4800 Pts   -  
    The moment you say that something must be done "at any cost" is the moment you stop talking rationally. Think about what it really means: it means that, whatever other repercussions your actions have, they are justified as long as this purpose is fulfilled.

For instance, killing every adult, by definition, would solve the problem of pedophilia - therefore it is a viable solution. Correct?
    anarchist100ZeusAres42
  • Pedophilia is a disorder in which people who are 16 or older are sexually attracted to prepubescent kids who are 13 and younger, and the person has to be exactly 5 or more years younger than the person, and most of them don't act out on their sexual attraction, so this question is actually a harmful question.
    @Bogan
    If "Pedophilia" is defined as men being sexually attracted to young sexually mature teenage girls

That's right...IF....but that is not how pedophilia is defined, is it?

Would you care to put the record straight by using the correct definition and then maybe make a valid argument?

• BoganBogan 203 Pts   -  
    @Swolliw ;   That's right...IF....but that is not how pedophilia is defined, is it?

without consulting a dictionary, paedophilia is defined as having sex with children.    The question then begs, "what is a child?"      Is a sexually mature 17 year old girl a "child"?     The Americans say "yes", most nations of the world say "no."     So the question as to what is paedophilia is subjective.

Mr Swallow wrote      Would you care to put the record straight by using the correct definition and then maybe make a valid argument?

Your premise was that "paediophiles" should be put to death.     There was the case of the 15 year old female French tennis player who was living with her much older coach in Fance, but when they went to the USA, for a tournament, they had to sleep in separate hotel rooms.     Do you think that the French coach should have been arrested when he landed the USA and put to death?

You seem to have a black and white view of paedophilia, which seems to be common today.      Maybe people just need somebody to hate?    But my contention is, that the problem is not that simple while ever different nations have different standards as to what constitutes paedophilia.     For almost all of human history, young females were given as wives to older men within months of attaining menses.    The modern concept of paedophilia is something entirely new to the human condition.    Modern, prosperous societies which very low birthrates value young females and want their girls to be educated.   They want their girls to delay "marriage."      Poor agrarian societies in the past with very high birthrates did not value young females at all, and poor people routinely (and in some societies still do) marry off their young daughters at the first opportunity to rid themselves of almost useless mouths.    Some of these societies forced parents to pay suitors a dowry to marry their daughters.      The Koran says it is "better for a girl to attain puberty in her husband's house, than in her father's house."

@Bogan
    Mr Swallow wrote      Would you care to put the record straight by using the correct definition and then maybe make a valid argument?
    Your premise was that "paediophiles" should be put to death.
    Come on now, quit skirting around the issue, you know damned well what I said and what I mean....I'm sure you can do at least a bit better than that.
    If "Pedophilia" is defined as men being sexually attracted to young sexually mature teenage girls.....Pedophilia is both men and women attracted to boys and girls....or do you want to edit that out of your knowledge base....for some queer reason?
  • BoganBogan 203 Pts   -  
    @Swolliw ;   Come on now, quit skirting around the issue, you know damned well what I said and what I mean....I'm sure you can do at least a bit better than that.

I honestly have no idea what you are getting at?    You began this debate by saying that paedophiles should be put to death.    I have simply pointed out that what constitutes "paedophilia" is completely subjective.   Different countries, different cultures, and different times, had different concepts of when it was okay for what today different cultures regard as "children", can engage in sex.    So why you would want such a draconian outcome for offenders is beyond me?     You dodged my question that asked you if that French coach who lived with his 15 year old French tennis  prodigy in France, should have been prosecuted when the pair of them went to the USA?

Mr Swallow wrote

.Pedophilia is both men and women attracted to boys and girls....or do you want to edit that out of your knowledge base....for some queer reason?

How do you define a 'boy" or a "girl."?      As I have already submitted, even today in European countries, age of consent laws vary wildly.     Even when there is general agreement on age of consent, male and female offending is seen differently by different people.    A male adult having sex with an underage girl might be considered very wrong, but a female having sex with an underage male might be considered harmless (even a triumph) , by other males, especially if the adult female was a good looking babe. 

• ElliottElliott 19 Pts   -  

As paedophilia is simply a sexual preference and attraction for pre-pubescent children, you would be punishing them for thought crime … so no.

What about those who actually molest children, the problem with the ultimate sentence of capital punishment, is what is to deter that molester from murdering the child to silence them if the penalty is the same?

anarchist100