frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Will you take the next covid vaccine?

Debate Information

I recently got a letter saying that I might be eligible for another winter covid vaccination. Now, I recently had covid and it felt very much like the flu. I haven't felt like that for years. Luckily, the worst of it was only for a couple of days. I had a fever, mild cough, and mild breathlessness. Anyway, I don't want to feel like that again. Furthermore, I also live with someone with a weakened immune system. In addition to that, I also do Judo and I don't want any more time off. Funnily enough, after my last covid booster vaccination I also noticed I was getting colds a lot less xd.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• anarchist100anarchist100 713 Pts   -   edited November 23
     Furthermore, I also live with someone with a weekend immune system.
    Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear that, having an immune system that only works on the weekends sounds extremely inconvenient.
    jack
  •  Furthermore, I also live with someone with a weekend immune system.
    Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear that, having an immune system that only works on the weekends sounds extremely inconvenient.

lol. Ok, a spelling mistake. Thanks for pointing it out. Now corrected. Do you have anything to contribute to the topic?

• anarchist100anarchist100 713 Pts   -  
     Furthermore, I also live with someone with a weekend immune system.

lol. Ok, a spelling mistake. Thanks for pointing it out. Now corrected. Do you have anything to contribute to the topic?
    No I do not, goodbye now.
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2233 Pts   -   edited November 23

FYI, I am not Dee. I actually liked you, and tbh I still do. In my honest opinion, I think you are pretty sound. I never meant half the things I said to you recently on here. Also, If I ever said things were conspiracies I never intentionally meant that in a demeaning or derogatory way. I've moved past those days now. But if that's the way you feel then I guess it is what it is.

If it's any consolation I will admit that I was a d!ck. And I apologize for that.

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 4800 Pts   -   edited November 24
    I have not had any sort of sickness for, at least, 10 years, despite subjecting my body to the kinds of torture regularly that ISIS troops would think twice before applying to someone. Ironically, I have only felt somewhat debilitated as a result of exposure to three things: alcohol, extreme humidity, and... the COVID vaccine.
    • Alcohol needs no explanation. I have zero alcohol tolerance, and my body quickly shuts down after a couple of sips of liquor.
    • Humidity also is self explanatory. Forget to turn off the air humidifier for the night in a tiny bedroom - wake up feeling like you have been hit by an elephant on drugs.
    • And the COVID vaccine... Walking the whole day in a haze, body jumping from overheated to frozen, is no bueno.
    Will I take the next one? Well, I still drink alcohol on occasions, and my humidifier is on as I am typing this message. So I am in no business of saying "no" to things that empirically make no sense to do. :D That said, unlike the first two items on the list, the COVID vaccine actually does not give me any obvious benefits, for my immune system is a serial murderer of viruses and diseases.

Okay, this was not a serious comment - but, honestly, at this point I am so tired of the COVID topic, that only assuming the role of a mediocre standup comedian makes me willing to discuss it at all.
    ZeusAres42
  • anarchist100anarchist100 713 Pts   -  

FYI, I am not Dee. I actually liked you, and tbh I still do. In my honest opinion, I think you are pretty sound. I never meant half the things I said to you recently on here. Also, If I ever said things were conspiracies I never intentionally meant that in a demeaning or derogatory way. I've moved past those days now. But if that's the way you feel then I guess it is what it is.

If it's any consolation I will admit that I was a d!ck. And I apologize for that.
    All water under the bridge, to be fair I can understand why you said what you said, I said a lot of moronic stuff (like vaccines containing microchips and the world being run by lizards) in the past, I can totally see why you would be unlikely to take what I say seriously after that.
    ZeusAres42
  • DeeDee 4846 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

Sorry but what’s this post got to do with me ?
  • SwolliwSwolliw 1477 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42
    Sooooo, um I guess the answer to your compelling, difficult to answer question is...take the vaccine. Let me just check the OP again....oh yes, I think you should take the vaccine, yes, I'm quite sure about that. Am I on the right track with this or did I miss some hidden message somewhere?
  • DeeDee 4846 Pts   -  
    I got Covid also a few months back but was perfectly fine , I took a test because I was going to see someone in hospital my wife tested positive as well we were both fine symptoms were like a mild cold I’ve had a lot worse

I’m not sure about further vaccines as I had a severe reaction to the every vaccine so far 
  • Dee said:
    @ZeusAres42

Sorry but what’s this post got to do with me ?

Sorry,  I didn't mean it that way. That came out wrong. I meant to say I am no Dee. I was making a reference to the other day. I kind of got the impression that he thought me and you were ganging up on him, and that he was still annoyed about it. @Dee

• Dee said:
    I got Covid also a few months back but was perfectly fine , I took a test because I was going to see someone in hospital my wife tested positive as well we were both fine symptoms were like a mild cold I’ve had a lot worse

I’m not sure about further vaccines as I had a severe reaction to the every vaccine so far 

@Dee I've been ok so far and I think I would rather take it than have covid. That was horrible and it meant having two weeks of Judo. However, after what I've just been reading about medicine in the UK you can see why some people have been dubious. There is actually a big difference between vaccine denialists (that have the same mentality as flat earthers) versus being dubious about things that you have only just become aware of having entered the market.

In any case, it's now being treated in the same way as the flu which was expected to happen eventually anyway. Plus, teams of epidemiologists have also drawn the conclusion that the virus is now as weak as the flu and this is the result of both huge population vaccination and a huge population already having had the virus.

• MayCaesar said:
    I have not had any sort of sickness for, at least, 10 years, despite subjecting my body to the kinds of torture regularly that ISIS troops would think twice before applying to someone. Ironically, I have only felt somewhat debilitated as a result of exposure to three things: alcohol, extreme humidity, and... the COVID vaccine.
    • Alcohol needs no explanation. I have zero alcohol tolerance, and my body quickly shuts down after a couple of sips of liquor.
    • Humidity also is self explanatory. Forget to turn off the air humidifier for the night in a tiny bedroom - wake up feeling like you have been hit by an elephant on drugs.
    • And the COVID vaccine... Walking the whole day in a haze, body jumping from overheated to frozen, is no bueno.
    Will I take the next one? Well, I still drink alcohol on occasions, and my humidifier is on as I am typing this message. So I am in no business of saying "no" to things that empirically make no sense to do. :D That said, unlike the first two items on the list, the COVID vaccine actually does not give me any obvious benefits, for my immune system is a serial murderer of viruses and diseases.

Okay, this was not a serious comment - but, honestly, at this point I am so tired of the COVID topic, that only assuming the role of a mediocre standup comedian makes me willing to discuss it at all.

Argument Topic: May likes to engage in discussions that he has no interest in.

Who knows, maybe he even watches TV shows he had no interest in watching. Well, each to their own.

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 4800 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

Welcome to the party, mister strawman! Happy Thanksgiving!

I will assume that you, once again, were drunk when posting this, for the very last sentence in the passage you quoted contradicts your statement, and you clearly are capable of better displays of deductive reasoning than this.
    ZeusAres42
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2233 Pts   -   edited November 26

MayCaesar said:
    @ZeusAres42

Welcome to the party, mister strawman! Happy Thanksgiving!

I will assume that you, once again, were drunk when posting this, for the very last sentence in the passage you quoted contradicts your statement, and you clearly are capable of better displays of deductive reasoning than this.

I wouldn't know. since you are the only one in this world capable of logical reasoning and understanding science I guess all we got is you to rely on. Satire! Thank you for the lecture babe. xxxx

Oh yeah, guys pointing out the absurdity of someone's actions is straw-manning and contradicting oneself. You heard it here folks. LMAO.

MayCaesar said:
    Will I take the next one? Well, I still drink alcohol on occasions, and my humidifier is on as I am typing this message. So I am in no business of saying "no" to things that empirically make no sense to do. D That said, unlike the first two items on the list, the COVID vaccine actually does not give me any obvious benefits, for my immune system is a serial murderer of viruses and diseases.

Argument Topic: May likes to engage in discussions that he has no interest in.
    Who knows, maybe he even watches TV shows he had no interest in watching. Well, each to their own.

• OakTownAOakTownA 379 Pts   -  
    Just like I get a flu shot every year, I will get COVID vaccinations whenever I am eligible. Not only do I believe it is the ethical thing to do, as I work with the public and do not want to put my immunocompromised clients or those that, like my aunt, cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons, at an increased risk. I also have asthma, so getting COVID could be life threatening to me. Like it or not, COVID-19 is here to stay. Like the flu, getting the vaccination on a regular basis, as the virus continues to mutate, reduces the chance of you contracting it, and if you do get it, your symptoms should be milder than if you did not receive it.
    ZeusAres42
  • MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 988 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

If you were vaccinated and covid gave you something similar to the flu why do you think getting another booster will prevent that from happening in the future?

• It's a long time ago since I got vaccinated now and so immunity probably waned.

@ZeusAres42

So that makes me curious, why did you not make sure you were up to date on the vaccine?
  • ZeusAres42ZeusAres42 Emerald Premium Member 2233 Pts   -   edited November 29

In the UK Covid is being treated in the same way as the flu now as the virus has got weaker. Elderly, and vulnerable to those living with someone vulnerable are advised to get vaccinated and for free. I am not as concerned as I used to be I guess.

@ZeusAres42

Well that is kind of a confusing position from the previous positions I've seen that people should have been mandated to take the vaccine or prevented from public access if they are unvaccinated.

You allowed yourself to lapse on vaccine boosters when you no longer feared covid as much, but what about those were never overly concerned or those who are still concerned.  Was it ok to mandate vaccines, if so, what made it ok for you to not stay on top of them.

There seems to be a trend of people no longer getting the boosters.  Top officials still are recommending everyone stay up on boosters.  I imagine the low booster rate comes for a variety of reasons: got used to living with covid, covid may have gotten weaker, the amount of protection the vaccine seems to provide is minimal considering the number of people who still get covid and die from covid, the amount of ideas that had to be walked back.

I myself know quite a few individuals who received the initial vaccine, and refuse to get any boosters.