frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

racism

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• SwolliwSwolliw 1530 Pts   -  
    @Bogan
    this  (silly) premise has been addressed numerous times in the past

Quite right...and some people just don't seem to get it, do they?

@Bogan
    That we have never evolved past that primal wiring is evidenced by the fact that every country has a border

And that's about as ridiculous as it gets so far as making illogical conclusions goes.

Primal humans did not have countries nor did they have borders so how the heck can one make such a clueless deduction....Oh, I suppose if one has the mentality of a primal then one wouldn't have the capacity to think beyond what could be written in headline type across a flea's testicles.

@MayCaesar
    @Maxx Your entire argument consists of a few assertions that you repeat over and over again.

Oh come on now, how totally absurd....Macks has never, ever repeated, repeat, never ever repeated even one assertion he has ever made. And nor has he ever repeated any high-quality, authoritative links...no siree, how do you manage to even accuse said sage for even doing it even just this once....get a hold of yourself.

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Bogan

What  Maxx is saying, and I agree with him, is that human beings are tribal and territorial

Actually what your new best buddy said was ".I consider that racism is inherent in not only humans but animals .....

Now please with your buddies help tell us all how you both concluded babies are born racist , them demonstrate how kittens and pups are born racist?

Nomenclature
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    @Swolliw
    Not real bright, are you Swallow?
  • maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -   edited January 2023
    I find it very odd that only bogan has the intellect on  here to understand this. Prejudice and discrimination are simply the end results of what racism actually is; fear and distrust of strangers and those who are different. We developed this in ancient times as I explained earlier as to why, and it is hardwired into us for reasons I have already explained. The basic roots of racism is distrust, and fear and if you guys do not believe that these traits are not hardwired into us, then you better hang up your debate hat.  @Bogan @Dee @Swolliw
    Nomenclature
  • maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    May the reason i keep repeating my assertions is one; they are a simple logical argument, and two, they force me to for they keep asking the same questions.  Almost everything is genetically passed on to the next generation(s) including the concept of racism. The basic roots of it are fear and distrust of strangers and those who are different. This began in early tribes for reasons i have already outlined(at risk of repeating again). The concept of racism we have to day is basically against what they call other races; and if you press hard as to why they do not like someone; you will get standard replies, " I do not trust them, they are all thieves, they are not like us."  There you go, the basic roots of racism. distrust, and different. Now if you fail to believe that these traits are not passed on from generation to generation, then perhaps you should do more study.  @MayCaesar
  • Luigi7255Luigi7255 695 Pts   -  
    @Bogan

"What Maxx is saying, and I agree with him, is that human beings are tribal and territorial"

Unless you're a hardline nationalist, that isn't the case. Yes, you love your territory but, like in the Schengen Area, some people don't mind others entering their country with no restrictions.

"
    That we have never evolved past that primal wiring is evidenced by the fact that every country has a border, and every country has an armed forces which is supposedly to protect it's border."

Not every country does, let me list a few. Panama, Vatican City, Liechtenstein, Dominica, Grenada, FSM, and Nauru all don't have a military force.

"it is hard wired into our DNA.   Can cultural conditioning moderate that?"

Yes. Most of society has decided racism is bad, so thus it became, and people were taught that racism was bad, so now the vast majority of people aren't racist.

"But almost all the wars on planet earth in the last 60 years were in effect race wars.    They were civil wars between two tribes competing for space and resources on the same territory.    Thus we have had civil wars, race riots, terrorism,  or calls for ethnic and religious separatism in Lebanon, Fiji, India, Chechnya, Cyprus, Georgia, Afghanistan, Biafra, Rhodesia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Liberia, Kashmir, Punjab, Sudan, Nigeria, Bougainville, East Timor, Yugoslavia, Kurdistan, New Zealand, Bhutan, Angola, Burma, Chechnya, Guadalcanal, Aden, Malaya, Oman, Congo, Northern Ireland, Palestine/Israel, Czechoslovakia, The Solomon's, Yemen, Mexico, East Timor, Thailand and recently, Ukraine."

I think you're confusing race with ethnicity again. All but one of these wars (Sudan) weren't race related. For example, you'd say the Kurds are Middle-Eastern, along with Turkey, Iraq, and Iran, so thus their conflict has nothing to do with race, but ethnicity. Race riots are different, they're the suppression of voices for equality, not some sort of tribalistic battle. Think of the Tulsa Massacre.

"
    Add to this sundry race riots and acts of terrorism in Britain, the US, France, Europe and just about every other country on Earth.  And with the western world's failed social experiment with multiculturalism, the list keeps growing."

Those attacks happen everywhere. Hong Kong still is essentially in chaos and it's mostly Asian (>90%). Japan had the Sarin Gas Attack plus an arson+knife attack in October 2021 and it's pretty harsh to foreigners.

"
    You seem to be getting into the humanitarian ideal trap of thinking that human beings are rational, and all you need do to solve all the world's problems is to appeal to their reason."

That's not what I said at all. I said I'm skeptical, I only believe things if they are proven to be true. And, no, human beings are not often rational, recent history has proven that beyond a reasonable doubt.

"
    Human beings can be rational, when all other means are exhausted.   But thinking that you can solve world over population simply by telling teenagers that they must be rational and not screw each other is not going to work. If human beings were rational, there would be no obesity, no diabetes, no religion, no crime, no dangerous thrill seeking behaviour, and no unwed mothers."

Well, that's obvious, nobody would argue against that. What's the point you're making here?
    "I will never change who I am just because you do not approve."
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -   edited January 2023
    @maxx
    I find it very odd that only bogan has the intellect on  here to understand this

You're confusing not understanding something with not agreeing with it. Nobody except Bogan agrees with your belief that babies and animals are born inherently racist because it's ridiculous. Bogan is looking for some kind of justification for his own self-admitted racism, and your silly theory gives him that.

• maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    perhaps you should read and as well understand not just my post, but the arguments under the topic that I posted. That way I do not have to keep repeating myself.  @Luigi7255
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

I find it very odd that only bogan has the intellect on  here to understand this. Prejudice and discrimination are simply the end results of what racism actually is; fear and distrust of strangers and those who are different. We developed this in ancient times as I explained earlier as to why, and it is hardwired into us for reasons I have already explained.

Bogend your fellow racist couldn't defend your nonsensical claims so he ran You seem to think by you repeating nonsense it's somehow right , so lets see instead of running to Bogend (who fled) can you respond to the pile of junk you typed?

Here is your claim and my response ........

".I consider that racism is inherent in not only humans but animals .....

Now please with your buddies help tell us all how you both concluded babies are born racist , them demonstrate how babies ,kittens and pups are born racist?

• maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    again, fear and distrust are the roots of racism . what part of that do you not agree with?  also, are you saying that fear and distrust is not hardwired into us?  @Nomenclature
  • maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    if you learn to read and understand the entire post,  fear and distrust are the roots of racism.  now tell me fear and distrust are not hardwired into us.  @Dee
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -  
    @maxx
    again, fear and distrust are the roots of racism . what part of that do you not agree with?

The part where you claimed racism is passed on through genetics. Also the part where you conflated a generic survival instinct like fear with an irrational hatred of members of a different race.

@maxx

Your thesis was that racism is an inherent part of us, and I disagreed. Why are you arguing for a thesis you didn't make?
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 6049 Pts   -  
    maxx said:
    May the reason i keep repeating my assertions is one; they are a simple logical argument, and two, they force me to for they keep asking the same questions.  Almost everything is genetically passed on to the next generation(s) including the concept of racism. The basic roots of it are fear and distrust of strangers and those who are different. This began in early tribes for reasons i have already outlined(at risk of repeating again). The concept of racism we have to day is basically against what they call other races; and if you press hard as to why they do not like someone; you will get standard replies, " I do not trust them, they are all thieves, they are not like us."  There you go, the basic roots of racism. distrust, and different. Now if you fail to believe that these traits are not passed on from generation to generation, then perhaps you should do more study.  @MayCaesar
    That is your justification? My friend, a debate is a conversation. Your argument may be logical, but when someone offers a counter-argument, you do not just repeat everything and say, "This is logical, so accept it or do more study". No, you defend your argument against that counter-argument by addressing it.

I have to state once again that your social ineptitude is quite staggering. Just what kind of background could possibly lead you to concluding that repeating the same stuff over and over and ignoring what the other person says is an effective way to participate in a conversation? Are you even trying to converse, or to just listen to the sound of your own voice?
  • maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    no one has offered me a productive counter argument.  they just say that I am wrong. It is very easy to understand that the root cause of racism is distrust and fear, and these traits are hardwired into us from the earliest humans. Or do you have a better idea? @MayCaesar
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited January 2023
    @maxx

if you learn to read and understand the entire post,  fear and distrust are the roots of racism.  now tell me fear and distrust are not hardwired into us. 

Stop running and deflecting your claim remains .....

In my very first  post I said " you're saying humans learned to recognise others who weren't like them and they thus could be a threat to their particular group , on  this , we are all agreed on so it seems ......

Do you comprehend this simple statement ?

Your second claim is the one you refuse to address do you wish to withdraw it?

.I consider that racism is inherent in not only humans but animals .....

Now please with your buddies help tell us all how you both concluded babies are born racist , them demonstrate how babies ,kittens and pups are born racist?
    you tell me what racism is, and then tell me why!  If you are smart then you will also understand the root causes and how  it is built into us. racism is distrust and fear of those who are different and who are strangers. I told you all at the beginning not to get hung up on ethic groups. I am talking about the origins of racism and how and why it has passed on to us since the earliest times.  @Nomenclature ; @Dee
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

Here is what you're still running from ......

You said .....I consider that racism is inherent in not only humans but animals .....

@maxx
    you tell me what racism is, and then tell me why!

I'm unsure whether you're asking a question or making a statement. 

If you are smart then you will also understand the root causes and how  it is built into us. racism is distrust and fear of those who are different and who are strangers. 

This cannot be true because strangers do not have to be a different race and people of different races do not have to be strangers. Your claims fail a basic logic test, so you should not be talking about what is smart and what is not.

• maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    ok, you are the one who is wrong in this aspect.. there ane no natural instincts that we have erased. none.  in the modern world some people can override or suppress these urges but they are still with-in us; hence why we have racism still. It is not about skin color or how they live. is is about distrust and fear of others, and again I have explained as why that is so. @MayCaesar
  • maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    ok, you are the one who is wrong in this aspect.. there are no natural instincts that we have erased. none.  in the modern world some people can override or suppress these urges but they are still with-in us; hence why we have racism still. It is not about skin color or how they live. is is about distrust and fear of others, and again I have explained as why that is so. @MayCaesar
  • maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    i never claimed thatt rhey had to be of a different race. I told you before to not get hung up on the word racism.  tell me what you believe racism is and how it developed and the root causes of it. go ahead. Nomenclature @Dee
    Nomenclature
    @maxx
    there ane no natural instincts that we have erased. none. 

Racism cannot be a "natural" instinct because we initially all belonged to the same race. Our aesthetic features only began to change once certain peoples left Africa and started to live in other climates.

@maxx Bogend 

i never claimed thatt rhey had to be of a different race.

What are you on about?

I told you before to not get hung up on the word racism.  

But you're the one who's whole thesis is .....I consider that racism is inherent in not only humans but animals .....

tell me what you believe racism is and how it developed and the root causes of it. go ahead. 

But I never said babies are born racist that's your claim 

Nomenclature Dee

We are two different people who keep schooling you , looks like Bogend who is pretty st-pid deserted you as your st-pidity is even to much for him 

You said .....I consider that racism is inherent in not only humans but animals .....

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6049 Pts   -   edited January 2023
    maxx said:
    no one has offered me a productive counter argument.  they just say that I am wrong. It is very easy to understand that the root cause of racism is distrust and fear, and these traits are hardwired into us from the earliest humans. Or do you have a better idea? @MayCaesar
    Literally my very first comment in this thread provided a counter-argument. I imagine that you missed it because, as you once admitted, "I do not read, I skim".

That is what you do here: revel in the sound of your own voice, and treat other voices as annoying background noise. You really need more socialization experience, maxx: the level of disrespect you show to those who talk to you is off the charts, and even people as patient and forgiving as me are driven towards resenting you. Even here you repeated the same claim once again; do you know how annoying it is to hear some chap chanting the same line endlessly? Diversify your delivery, damn it.
  • maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    There have been many studies that show how babies are frightened of those who are of a different look, however i can not post any links for you would not accept them As well,( anMay ceaser, this is my justification on repeating myself; they do not understand). I have done told you what racism is at its root causes and how it originally developed. fear and distrust of strangers and those who are different, and those traits have been genetically passed down to us.  what part do you not understand?  also you failed as usual to answer my questions. what do you think racism is, how did it develop and what are the root causes of it. Aare you going to debate or just continue in this same vein of circular questioning? @Dee
  • maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    I read and answered it and as well, I did not repeat my assertions to you, just to the general people who keeps forcing me to. look through thioe thread and find my answer to you.  @MayCaesar
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

There have been many studies that show how babies are frightened of those who are of a different look, however i can not post any links for you would not accept them

But I said at the start ...." you're saying humans learned to recognise others who weren't like them and they thus could be a threat to their particular group , on  this , we are all agreed on so it seems ...... you don't seem to comprehend that simple statement 

Your  claim is babies are born racist 

As well,( anMay ceaser, this is my justification on repeating myself; they do not understand). 

Well I do actually but you refuse to back your claim up , so demonstrate how babies are born racist?

I have done told you what racism is at its root causes and how it originally developed. 

You said we are born racist prove it?

fear and distrust of strangers and those who are different, and those traits have been genetically passed down to us.

Again that's not true fear and mistrust are planted in our minds by parents and caregivers exactly the way racism is 

what part do you not understand? 

The part where you said babies and all animals are born racist 

also you failed as usual to answer my questions. 

You mean by asking you to prove babies are born racist?

what do you think racism is, how did it develop and what are the root causes of it. Aare you going to debate or just continue in this same vein of circular questioning? 

Racism is antagonism ,discrimination , prejudice against people from a certain ethnic or racial group 

You're the only one not debating , you just keep repeating the same nonsense time and time again 

Your unfounded contention remains that new born babies are born racist , do you know how silly that belief makes you look?
  • maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    again we can only overide or suppress instincts and traits, they are still with in us. take someone who has never been there; into the deep wilderness, leave him there alone overnight, and i guarantee that those primordial instincts will crop up; fear of the unknown and what is different. Those two things are the root causes of racism. I also asked, since you disagree, as to how you think racism began and to its root causes, and as to how you think those causes were  not passed down to us genetically. @MayCaesar
    maxx said:
    I read and answered it and as well, I did not repeat my assertions to you, just to the general people who keeps forcing me to. look through thioe thread and find my answer to you.  @MayCaesar
    This is plain false: you never responded to that comment. Your response style makes it unclear what (if anything) you are responding to, but even aside from that you have never explained the phenomenon I was describing (and Luigi confirmed that he/she had the same experience in this respect as me) according to which children tend to be much more open and trusting of others than adults.
  • maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    no, that is wrong.  fear and distrust are not taught. where do you get that?  are you actually claiming we are born without fear? even very young toddlers at losing a toy will think that the child next to him took it. that is distrust, and we are born with it, not taught. babies will recognize anything different and be afraid of it. Any mother knows this. Now I keep answering your questions, yet you still refuse to answer mine. what do you think racism is, its root causes and how it began.  @Dee
    i suggest you re look at the thread until you find it.  Many times this site fails to show the entire notifications.   @MayCaesar
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

no, that is wrong. 

No it's not ,  fear and mistrust are planted in our minds by parents and caregivers exactly the way racism is , now that's a fact 

fear and distrust are not taught. where do you get that? 

So new born babies don't trust their parents?

are you actually claiming we are born without fear? 

We are born with two innate fears the fear of falling the fear of loud sounds and that's it 

even very young toddlers at losing a toy will think that the child next to him took it.

How do you know this? You're saying they all react the same way ? Prove it?

that is distrust, and we are born with it, not taught

Gibberish 

. babies will recognize anything different and be afraid of it. 

I handed a baby a balloon only yesterday it smiled ,what are you even on about you raging id-ot?

Any mother knows this. 

So a mother hands a baby it's first teddy and it will be afraid of it? You really are a prize Id-ot 

Now I keep answering your questions, yet you still refuse to answer mine. what do you think racism is, its root causes and how it began.

I told you what racism is and I told you the only reason a young child is racist is because it's parents are , so agin 9 times you have been asked prove babies and animals are born racist? 
    you are so full of it. fear is an instinctive behavior. fear of the unknown, fear of pain, , etc.  now answer my questions about racism. you did not answer. what is racism, what are its origins, and what are its root causes.   @Dee
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

you are so full of it.

It's not my fault you disagree with facts 

fear is an instinctive behavior. fear of the unknown, fear of pain, , etc. 

We are born with two innate fears the fear of falling the fear of loud sounds and that's it 

now answer my questions about racism.

I explained to you 9 times what racism is , I cannot understand for you 

you did not answer. what is racism,

I explained to you 9 times what racism is , I cannot understand for you 

what are its origins, and what are its root causes. 

Racism is learned behaviour that's again another fact , how come you still cannot prove babies and animals are born racist , I will tell you why as there is zero proof to back your childish assertions up .......you actually think babies are born racist seriously ????
    maxx said:
    i suggest you re look at the thread until you find it.  Many times this site fails to show the entire notifications.   @MayCaesar
    You really want everyone else to do all the work: read your random links and understand them, look for your comments that are not there... you precious princess. While you yourself cannot bother to even capitalize your sentences.

Enough of this sharade. Quote where exactly you addressed my argument relating my personal childhood experience (seconded by Luigi) to the topic. Have some damn respect for people you are talking to and their time and effort. We are not your nurses, we are adults talking to someone who acts like an entitled brat.
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    @Luigi7255

Luigi wrote    Unless you're a hardline nationalist, that isn't the case. Yes, you love your territory but, like in the Schengen Area, some people don't mind others entering their country with no restrictions.

The EU was originally the EEC, which was an economic union, not a political one.     But as usual, the élites found a way around the constitutions of individual counters to form a political union, which the majority of their populations did not want.   And it is already coming apart.   The UK was the first to flee, with Ireland and Italy only remaining as members because the elites did some sort of political shenanigans to prevent them from leaving.   East European  countries are openly defying the imperial dictates of Brussels in regard to immigration, refugees, homosexuality, and even defense policies.   It is believed that the East European countries can, and eventually will, form their own bloc as Western Europe decays and enters a period of serious civil strife caused by the idi-otic immigration and refugee policies championed by their own stu-pid elites.  

Luigi wrote    Not every country does, let me list a few. Panama, Vatican City, Liechtenstein, Dominica, Grenada, FSM, and Nauru all don't have a military force.

I think you are mistaken.    All of these countries have borders, or they would not be recognized countries.     Panama definitely had an army because it was involved in the war in which the USA invaded Panama to overthrow General Noriega, who was a known narcotrafficante.   So too, the US invaded Grenada when a Castro leaning communist party overthrew, and then assassinated, the elected Prime Minister.  It must have had an army because the USA had casualties.   The Swiss guards are the Vatican's Army.     Dominica went to war with Honduras over a disputed line call in the soccer world cup.  (The Soccer War)  I don't know much about the other places you mentioned, but even if they do not possess a standing army because they are just too poor or too small.   But they would have to have some sort of paramilitary force.     Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. 

Luigi wrote    Yes. Most of society has decided racism is bad, so thus it became, and people were taught that racism was bad, so now the vast majority of people aren't racist.

If everybody has decided that racism is so bad, why is almost everybody racist?     If everybody was not racist, Australia would not need section 18C of the racial Discrimination Act to punish white people for making true statements about the crime, terrorism, and welfare prone ethnicities who are driving up our crime and welfare dependency rates      Anti racism is primarily the sacred cause of the western university educated bureaucratic class, or the wannabees who aspire to join them   It has never been popular among the white disadvantaged or working classes, who are the ones who usually are the victims of it's policies.  One truism about multiculturalism, is that those who are most in favour of it, are the very same ones most isolated from it's negative consequences.  Example, Martha's Vineyard.     It is not at all a cause supported by other countries, or cultures overseas.      China and Japan in particular are so racist, that they could probably teach Hitler a thing or two about racism.   And they don't see anything wrong with that.

Luigi wrote    I think you're confusing race with ethnicity again.

"Ethnicity" can be a more specific term than "race", but both words can mean the same thing, and often do.

Luigi wrote    All but one of these wars (Sudan) weren't race related. For example, you'd say the Kurds are Middle-Eastern, along with Turkey, Iraq, and Iran, so thus their conflict has nothing to do with race, but ethnicity. Race riots are different, they're the suppression of voices for equality, not some sort of tribalistic battle. Think of the Tulsa Massacre.

What we are talking about is tribal hostility.    A "tribe" can be real or metaphorical, and can mean differences in real tribes, race, religion, language, cultural values, and even class.    How people define their tribal affiliations, is up to them.

Luigi wrote      
    Those attacks happen everywhere. Hong Kong still is essentially in chaos and it's mostly Asian (>90%). Japan had the Sarin Gas Attack plus an arson+knife attack in October 2021 and it's pretty harsh to foreigners.

The Aum attack was in peaceful monocultural Japan where a criminal religion launched a terrorist attack, because the Japanese Police were so accustomed to Japan being practically crime free, that they did not bother to investigate the Aum.    Even when Australia warned them that these people were very dangerous and up to something insidious.    Australia and Japan should have learned something.  Religious freedom is all well and good.    But not to the point of completely ignoring a religion which really does want to destroy the society it inhabits.    The two tribes in conflict in Hong Kong are the Hong Kong democrats and the CCP.   

Luigi wrote     
    That's not what I said at all. I said I'm skeptical, I only believe things if they are proven to be true.

Yet the fact that human beings are tribal and territorial is so obviously true, and you refuse to recognise it.   You don't want to peep over your ideological blinkers and look at what you don't want to see. 

Luigi wrote    And, no, human beings are not often rational, recent history has proven that beyond a reasonable doubt.

Good work!    You finally got something right.

Luigi wrote    Well, that's obvious, nobody would argue against that. What's the point you're making here?

One point is, that human beings are not usually rational.    We live our lives on automatic, doing either what our culture has ingrained into us, or relying upon our instinctive behaviour which developed along with our neo cortex, tells us to do.        One of the most powerful instincts is to be tribal and territorial.     Even within western countries cursed with multiculturalism, it is common for cities and even suburbs to divide into ethnic enclaves.     The Sydney suburb of Eastwood is divided by a suburban railway line.   The Chinese live on the western side of the line, and the Koreans on the east.   

The second point is, everybody is racist.  Even those claiming to be anti racist support the racist program of Affirmative Action, and are also very racist towards white people.     Racism may be a human vice, but it is a vice which everybody has, because humans are tribal and territorial.        And like all the vices which everybody indulges in , whether it is really bad is more a matter of context and degree, rather than being an Absolute Evil.   

• maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    forget it then. i answered your posts and even made copies of it and addding additional information so you can not fail to see my answers.  @MayCaesar
  • maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    @Nomeclatur @Dee @Swolliw @Bogan At the beginning I told everyone not to get hung up on todays definition of what racism means. The human race is but one race. You can classify them into sub-races all you want, but that doesnt change anything. My post is as to why it is hardwired into us, and for that reason we have to understand as to why. I have shown why and its root causes. Humans by nature are tribal and territorial, that is hardwired into us. We accept those who are basically the same and tend to exclude those who are strangers and different. That is the beginning of racism and it began in ancient times. These traits have been passed along genetically through each generation. What racism is today, still has its root causes; fear of strangers and those who are different. 
    @maxx

@Nomeclature @Dee @Swolliw @Bogan

At the beginning I told everyone not to get hung up on todays definition of what racism means. The human race is but one race.

But the only one got 'hung up ' was you the title of your debate is racism and  you claimed...

You can classify them into sub-races all you want, but that doesnt change anything.

But you're the only 'classifying' as you said ...... "I consider that racism is inherent in not only humans; but in animal as well"

My post is as to why it is hardwired into us, and for that reason we have to understand as to why

Prove all babies are born racist? After that prove all animals are born racist?

. I have shown why and its root causes.

No you haven't you've just asserted it 

Humans by nature are tribal and territorial, that is hardwired into us. 

Humans are cooperative by nature , what's your point ?

We accept those who are basically the same and tend to exclude those who are strangers and different.

Thats a sweeping generalistion man is where he is by learning to cooperate with others  

That is the beginning of racism and it began in ancient times. 

Utter nonsense racist behaviour is learned behaviour 

These traits have been passed along genetically through each generation. 

Wow ! A racist gene ......you're f-ucking nuts 

What racism is today, still has its root causes; fear of strangers and those who are different. 

Oh dear your thesis remained children are born racist as are animals and it's not learned behaviour 

Where do you get you nut job 'theories ' they get crazier the day 

How do animals display racism? My cat let the black postman stroke her without once trying to lynch him

maxx said:
    forget it then. i answered your posts and even made copies of it and addding additional information so you can not fail to see my answers.  @MayCaesar
    No, you have to answer for your words; you do not get to make empty claims and accuse others of all kinds of sins without some justification. Quote the part where you addressed the points I mentioned. I will not relent on this: I have already made all kinds of compromises in order to continue being polite towards you, despite you having been a highly disrespectful gentleman.
    Luigi7255
  • maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    my claims are not empty. I told you this site fails to show all notifications at times. as well you told me I have a habit of just repeating myself, so I will not. go find it for yourself. the answer is there. @MayCaesar
  • maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    It is amazing at how your entire idea of debating is based upon comic book ads. Equally amazing, how you claim you answer my questions.  I looked very hard and it is no where to be found. What are the origins of racism, its root causes, when and how did these causes originate. Are you incapable of answering those direct questions?  @Dee
    @maxx

Just find the part where you responded to May's comments, and paste it here. If you did respond, you should have an easy time copying it back here, but if not, that's a doozy.
    Dee
    @maxx

It is amazing at how your entire idea of debating is based upon comic book ads.

It's amazing how you never read anyones comments but understandable as you have no valid responses

Equally amazing, how you claim you answer my questions.  

Yet I answered and knocked down every one of your ridiculous assertions 

I looked very hard and it is no where to be found. 

That's because you are st-pid and mentally challenged 

What are the origins of racism, its root causes, when and how did these causes originate

I told you 15 times racism is learned behaviour , your assertion is babies are born racist and indeed that there is a racist gene , you know how ridiculous these claims are? Obviously not 

. Are you incapable of answering those direct questions? 

I've just answered for the 16th time but being the mentally challenged id-ot you are I bet you keep repeating the same lies 

So tell us all about these racist animals you say are born racist?

maxx said:
    my claims are not empty. I told you this site fails to show all notifications at times. as well you told me I have a habit of just repeating myself, so I will not. go find it for yourself. the answer is there. @MayCaesar
    I never look at notifications. I read every single comment of yours in this thread 4 times over, to make sure I have not missed it, and it is not there.

A claim that you do not back up with evidence is literally that: empty. "go find it yourself" - what kind of a joke is that? This is a debate website. I have zero reason to look for anything that supports YOUR claims - and yet I still did look for it.

Your debating style is extremely lazy and disrespectful. People go out of their way and waste a lot of time to comply with your insane demands, and all the reward they get for that is your lazy deflections. 

I remember that time when I spent 2 hours reading one of your linked papers and another 30 minutes summarizing it for you in a digestible way - and all you had to say back was, "blablabla, you just do not accept my links". It looks like respect for others' time is not something you care to demonstrate.
    @MayCaesar

He has never respected others' time. I still remember how long it took for him to define what he meant by natural after he said homosexuality wasn't natural, and even then it didn't mean what he thought it meant. Shame that the arguments no longer exist though.
    MayCaesar
  • BoganBogan 451 Pts   -  
    @maxx ;   The human race is but one race. You can classify them into sub-races all you want, but that doesnt change anything. 

That is exactly like saying that there is only one species of brown bear, they are all the same, and all of the sub species of brown bears does not change that.   Actually it does.    All brown bears are dangerous but two are particularly dangerous.   Grizzly Bears as so dangerous that the Lewis and Clark expedition was warned by the Indians that if they travelled further west, they were in great danger of being attacked by very large brown bears who were extremely aggressive, would attack any man or beast without provocation, and which were extremely difficult to kill or drive away.    Clark in his journal agreed wholeheartedly with the Indians warning.      The man eating Kodiak bear is so large and dangerous that in parts of Alaska where it resides, it is illegal to be in areas it inhabits without a magnum rifle.    African buffaloes are a species.  Within that species are four sub species and they are all dangerous.     But one of them is really dangerous.   The Cape Buffaloe is so dangerous that it is one of the "Big Five" of "Dangerous Game" for Big Game Hunters. 

Sub species of humans and animals are different in appearance, and different in intelligence and temperament.      Your kumbaya ideology, while touchingly humanitarian, has no basis in scientific fact.    Sub species in animals equate precisely with human races in humans.   Anyone who claims that the term "race" is not a scientific term has to explain to me how "sub species" and "race" are not identical concepts.  

Thank you for repeating my oft repeated premise that human beings are tribal and territorial.   That is one reason why I inhabit these debate sites.  I like to give ammunition to other debaters who are either like minded, or nearly so, against the forces of wishful thinking ignorance.    The term comes from Robert Ardrey's book "The Hunting Hypotheses" which fully explains this aspect of human behaviour.     Human beings are tribal because of all the reasons you gave, but you missed one.   Where one group of people are identifiably different in appearance from another, the factors you mentioned that create "stranger danger" are exacerbated.   Even ordinary brown bears in the USA learned to their cost to keep well away from Grizzly Bears.   Although some people would say they are racist for doing so.  
    NomenclatureDee