frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Would increasing taxation and the welfare net would benefit the USA?

Debate Information

To explain, I am talking about the economic policy of increasing public funding to government sectors such as healthcare and education via an increase in capital gains and income taxation.
To provide my argument, I believe that the current state of America is that of a third-world country. Working-class Americans are not getting the fundamental medical care they need, and the education they are provided is simply inadequate. While politicians are busy pretending that in this 'free country', where women have no rights over their bodies and only a select few can afford adequate healthcare and education for their children, slums infested with drug addicts have cropped up all over the nation, such as in Portland's old town and Skid Row in L.A. Feel free to argue with any of the claims I make, but please keep the debate civil and respect other's viewpoints, no matter how much you may disagree.
Happy debating!
  1. Live Poll

Should the United States of America increase taxation and provide more funding to Government sectors

2 votes
    1. Yes
        0.00%
    2. No
      100.00%
“The best revenge is not to be like your enemy.” – Marcus Aurelius

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 828 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: It Depends

The impact of increasing taxes and the welfare net on the United States would depend on various factors, including the specific proposals, their effects on the economy and the intended recipients of the benefits, as well as the political and social views of the stakeholders involved. There is no universal answer that would apply to all situations. Some economists argue that increasing taxes and expanding the welfare net could help reduce poverty and income inequality, while others argue that it could discourage work effort, lead to budget deficits, and stifle economic growth. Ultimately, the impact of such policies would depend on the design, implementation, and execution of the proposals.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  

My post below does not mean all Americans but I think a sizable amount,  I acknowledge there are many decent Americans like you ( I think you're American , sorry if I'm wrong ) who are willing to face up to problems in America without taking it as an attack on the country.

America seems to follow policies that are regressive and divisive whips the mark of a decent society should be inclusivity and progression 

I agree totally with you and your assessment to mean is spot on .....    believe that the current state of America is that of a third-world country. Working-class Americans are not getting the fundamental medical care they need, and the education they are provided is simply inadequate. 

I've argued this point before and find it incredible that the majority of Americans fight tooth and nail for a healthcare system that continues to rip them off and are more or less admitting decent  healthcare should only be for the well heeled likewise education 

While politicians are busy pretending that in this 'free country', where women have no rights over their bodies and only a select few can afford adequate healthcare and education for their children, slums infested with drug addicts have cropped up all over the nation, such as in Portland's old town and Skid Row in L.A. 

Yes indeed and very few Americans will criticise  the system that abuses them it seems to be a peculiarly American trait where any criticisms are seen as unpatriotic by a sizable amount of Americans.

Certain elitist American members on here see decent healthcare , housing and education as something only they should be entitled too on account of who they are and what they do , one member on here actually claimed those on less that minimum wage could easily afford healthcare , education , food , housing on a wage below minimum wage with the classic statement " once they make prudent choices ".

Every time one states that such things are the mark of a progressive , inclusive society they are accused of being a Commie the idea that advocating for decent social policies has Americans flying into a rage as they cannot comprehend social policies do not mean one is calling for Stalinism 

Another peculiar thing Americans claim is that minimum wages are totally unfair yet an employer is being totally fair screwing his workers when he feels like it , a wage should allow a worker secure the minimum necessities of life as in housing , healthcare , food , clothing , education otherwise it's exploitation 

A tax band of 52 percent when you go over a certain level applies in my country and I support such , lower tax for the lower paid higher tax for the higher paid my wife is a high earner when she goes over a certain amount it's 52 per cent  , we have the lowest tax rate for workers on lower salaries 

I'm tax exempt on account of being an artist as the state encourages artistic endeavors and rewards them 

• @JGXdebatePRO

Your question leaves out an important guideline in understanding which is best explained in a simple re-write of the very same question you ask. Would proportional taxation with representation and a expanding welfare net benefit the United States of America?

Do you see a suttle differences in the truth and whoe truth we both write about ?

You are spreading the argument made in all directions over a series of topics which becomes too complicated for people to easily understand when explained all at once.

America is the land of the free and home of then brave... as free is an idea of lack of cost and price which is held by those at liberty. This means free is something which is proved to occur by those holding a Constitutional Right as free. Addressing this grievance is best made through the addition of a new section in the first Amendment of the United States Constitution. Though after careful review we might also address a grievance made by the people between liberty and freedom  as Amendment to Article IV Section IV of the United States Constitution itself. The term of any possible lost freedom is explained clearly here. Though the prediction of the reason to the addition of cost of what was once free may not be politically popular and only whole truth. 

Section 4

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

Women do not have control over their bodies because medically none of us have 100% control over our bodies this is self-evident in the other point of you grievance health care reform. The lack of any control has nothing to do with the foreign malpractice of law created by the idea of abortion being found not only illegal, unconstitutional, and a malpractice of law in America, but the women's overall failure to address a state of the union with united states constitutional right. This truth though insulating is a wakeup call to women as a united states constitutional right for what a person might mistakenly call abortion in America is female-specific amputation.

Establishing a United States Constitutional Right is an open contest which exists by written agreement with all the people displaying an ability to hold a state of the union between established justice and a short list of other specifications, meaning in short it is wrong to exclude a person simple for not following a much more complicated, expensive, or taxing method of specification to limit equal a fare representation to government. Of the poeple, for the people. 

• MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 1124 Pts   -  
    @JGXdebatePRO

No increase in taxes as well as other government regulations are often what keep people poor.

Is it a wonder that a place like LA which has extraordinary high taxes is the very place with the high drug and homeless problems even though they have every advantage, good weather, coastline, ports, natural reasources ect.

Education would be much better if we gave parents grants instead of shuffling all the money into "improving public schools".

And women definetly have rights over their bodies.  Is rape no longer a crime?
  • MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 1124 Pts   -  
    @JGXdebatePRO

No increase in taxes as well as other government regulations are often what keep people poor.

Is it a wonder that a place like LA which has extraordinary high taxes is the very place with the high drug and homeless problems even though they have every advantage, good weather, coastline, ports, natural reasources ect.

Education would be much better if we gave parents grants instead of shuffling all the money into "improving public schools".

And women definetly have rights over their bodies.  Is rape no longer a crime?