frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Is This A Joke?

Debate Information

In 2019, the U.N.'s 54-nation Economic and Social Council passed two resolutions that singled out Israel as the only country in the world accused of violating women's rights. The resolution was adopted by a vote of 40 to 6 with 4 abstentions.

No mention of
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Iran
  • Afghanistan
  • Sudan
  • Syria
  • Yemen
  • Nigeria
  • Pakistan
  • China
  • India

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• maxxmaxx 1134 Pts   -  
    y@JulesKorngold
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -   edited February 2023
    Argument Topic: No

Not a joke, Jules. Just another of your typically nauseating misrepresentations of the facts. Perhaps you'd like to show us precisely where you think the UN social and economic council has accused Israel of being the only country in the world that violate's women's rights.

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 6021 Pts   -  
    @JulesKorngold

First, your interpretation of the resolution is wrong and based, from what I can tell, from one article on the Internet (it is the only article making this claim). The actual resolution condemned Israel specifically for its contribution to the horrific wonen's rights situation in Palestine - it never stated that Israel was the sole responsible party, let alone the sole women's right violator in the world. It is still a heavily biased resolution, but that is not a good reason to attack a strawman.

Second, could you please limit the discussion of Israel and Palestine to one thread? You have made over 10 threads on this topic recently. You should be thankful that this website does not follow your censorship prescriptions, otherwise you would have been expelled from this platform already.
    NomenclatureOakTownA
  • JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 828 Pts   -   edited February 2023
    Argument Topic: There Is A Reason For Many Threads

MayCaesar said:
    @JulesKorngold

could you please limit the discussion of Israel and Palestine to one thread? You have made over 10 threads on this topic recently. 
    @MayCaesar
    I have been advised not to interact with Dee and Nomenclature anymore.  I'm giving them ample opportunity to post their hate without provocation on many threads.

Unfortunately, Dee and Nomenclature are not Americans.  So we can't pursue legal action.  But DebateIsland and aarong ARE American.  We're exploring that avenue of serious action.

Have YOU reported their hate speech yet?  Or are you just an "innocent bystander"?
    Nomenclature
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -  
    @JulesKorngold
    I have been advised not to interact with Dee and Nomenclature anymore.  I'm giving them ample opportunity to post their hate without provocation on many threads.

"Without provocation" meaning your continuous spamming of the entire site with disingenuous troll debates, which purposefully misrepresent the facts, and which are specifically intended to inflame those users you've been "advised not to interact" with?

I have to say, that's quite a loose interpretation of "without provocation".

Dee
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -   edited February 2023
    @JulesKorngold
    Unfortunately, Dee and Nomenclature are not Americans.  So we can't pursue legal action.  But DebateIsland and aarong ARE American.  We're exploring that avenue of serious action.

What a joke. It's difficult to even imagine a more ridiculous response than trying to pursue legal action against someone for disagreeing with your opinions. Luckily for you, you had no credibility in the first place, otherwise you'd have emptied the tank with that particular gem. 

I encourage you to continue, so that future generations can read your messages and see for themselves exactly the type of unhinged, hateful megalomaniac you are.

Dee
    @JulesKorngold

I am utilizing the functionality of this website and have had them on ignore for quite a while. I have no reason to report their "hate speech" anywhere, and they are free to say whatever they want as far as I am concerned - and I am free not to listen.

I think that if posts from random anonymous people online disturb you enough to seriously consider legal action against them, then you are not fit to operate on this type of platform and have to grow up emotionally and intellectually before you are.

I am, in fact, much more inclined to report YOUR comments, considering how you are threatening other posters with action. Dee and Nomenclature are not trying to get anyone banned, while you are - so, in my eyes, the onpy dangerous person of the three here is you.
    NomenclatureDee
  • JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 828 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Combating Hate Speech

@MayCaesar
    We disagree on how to deal with hate speech.  Dee and Nomenclature joke about the Holocaust, driving Jews in the ashtrays of cars, and serving Jews as barbeque meat.  I choose not to ignore it like you and, it seems, @aarong.
    Nomenclature
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -  
    @JulesKorngold
    Dee and Nomenclature joke about the Holocaust

Five times in the space of twenty minutes you joked about genocide, and you got exactly the response you deserved. This belief you have where you are allowed to be as disgustingly offensive as you like, and then punish the people who were angered by your disgusting remarks, is the belief of a narcissistic sociopath.

• BarnardotBarnardot 533 Pts   -  
    @JulesKorngold And where did copy and paste boy get that bit of dum extreme information from so he can tell another lie without saying it but instead quotes half of what some other dum newspaper says. If you want to lie to people why dont you get some guts and actually say some thing instead of being a girlie boy and posting half of things to make it sound like some thing elase and that some one else said it.
    Dee
  • JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 828 Pts   -  
    @Barnardot
    Stop babbling.  Were your parents siblings?
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited February 2023
    @JulesKorngold

We disagree on how to deal with hate speech. 

No, you disagree with people having free speech you admit to enjoying watching Palestinians getting blown to bits but then object to Hitler Memes from me which are over the top everyone knows but you insist on posting up 15 hate pieces on Palestinians yet refuse to address any comments on your pieces , you load the gun and let others do your arguing for you.

In short you're a despicable coward and worse still a snitch who having no opinion of his own gets other's to argue for him 

Dee and Nomenclature joke about the Holocaust, driving Jews in the ashtrays of cars, and serving Jews as barbeque meat.  

That was me and not Nom so don't accuse him , listen mate you want to post up tasteless jokes about Palestinians be my guest I care not , your reaction proves what a cupcake you are as you sing the popular " my feelings are hurt how dare you, no one has the right to hurt my feelings as I'm special" 

I choose not to ignore it like you and, it seems, @aarong.

Your moral outrage and sense of victimhood are hilarious no doubt a couple of 100 years ago you would have challenged me to a duel but hired a stand in to be consistent with your cowardly approach to anything contentious 

The most despicable thing in my country is the snitch , you're the guy on the Titanic who dressed as the woman to claim the last seat in the lifeboat 

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @JulesKorngold

@Barnardot 
    Stop babbling.  Were your parents siblings?

I just bet Barnardot won't go running to the man to snitch like you do every time someone gives you a taste of your own medicine , you're a big wailing crybaby 
    @MayCaesar
    We disagree on how to deal with hate speech.  Dee and Nomenclature joke about the Holocaust, driving Jews in the ashtrays of cars, and serving Jews as barbeque meat.  I choose not to ignore it like you and, it seems, @aarong.
    No, our disagreement is much more fundamental, for I do not even think that "hate speech" is something that needs to be dealt with. I also do not think that any humor is out of bounds, and joking about sensitive subjects is one of the great pathways to discussing them objectively by removing your emotional attachment to them. If the words of a random person disturb you so much, then you hardly are fit for debating anything, because that is what a debate is: at its best, it challenges your most fundamental assumptions and has you strengthen and polish them.

If you are only interested in hearing voices that please you and want all other voices silenced, then you are not seeking a debate: you are seeking an echo-chamber, and this website is not it.
    Dee