frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is Pi Infinite?

Debate Information

It is mathematically impossible for Pi to be infinite as it is locked between the 100ths ratio of 3.1 3 and 3.15 that is only a space of two Hundredths of any one space. Not very much room to fit an infinity which is what brought Einstein too then argue about time. It appears that Einstein and many others are simply trying to perform a  task with Pi which is currently described in Wikipedia as impossible. The history of people who attempt to hold Pi as a ratio have profound consequence as the diameter of any circle is nothing more than a mathematic chord. Those chords of the circle are in proportion to the circumference, or they are not, and this is the only fact relevant to truth.

QUOTE: 

"Consequently, its decimal representation never ends, nor enters a permanemtly repeating pattern. It is a transcendental number, meaning that it cannot be a solution of an equation involving only sums, products, powers, and integers." 

Why Were The Jews Exiled To Babylon? - Ancient Pages
Einstein's Theory of Time—Explained by Hawking | Shortform Books

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  

Is Pi Infinite?

All I know is your constant questions regarding PI seem to be infinite 
    NomenclatureJohn_C_87
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -   edited February 2023
    Consequently, its decimal representation never ends
    You've answered your own question. If its decimal representation never ends then it's infinite. That's what infinite means, John. Never ending.
    Dee
  • John_C_87John_C_87 Emerald Premium Member 864 Pts   -   edited February 2023
    @Nomenclature

Infinite : extending indefinitely : ENDLESS...

I am not sure what you are babbling about something that is extending indefinitely does not mean it rests for only a short moment of time between a very limited value between two fixed sum's 3.141, and 3.142. No matter an approximation of Pi made it does not ever go on forever. The question I'm may be leading up too is about the way history repeats itself. Pi was held by the Babylonians when they drove the Jews out of Israel  / Jerusalem, while now the Jews may be addressing the same fraud with all educational institutions globally to re-obtain Israel / Jerusalem.

Infinite Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster

• NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -  
    Dee
  • @Dee
    All I know is your constant questions regarding PI seem to be infinite 

Look little more deeply, this time around we talk about the Babylonians who developed Pi and how they are also the force which is credited with the destruction of Israel / Jerusalem.

Dee
  • @Nomenclature

Definition of FRAUT law Dictionary TheLaw.com

An intentional misrepresentation to deceive another into surrendering money or other items of value. Fraud consists of some deceitful practice or willful device, resorted to with intent to deprive another of his right, or in some manner to do injury.

Just how old is the oldest copy cat crime?
  • @Nomenclature

Nomenclature hears a Who.........does he? You suggest a whole other infinite universe lives in a space of .015 thousandths of any single value divisible by 10? The values of Pi are simple put babble.
    How does Infinity fit inside .015 thousandths of a single value made between an approximation and other chords of a cirlce? Hint, it never does the irrational state of the number makes it a stall tactic for time to stop counting any given sum, product, power,and integer. The implication is not if any fraud is performed intentional by a community, educational Institution or by no one just simple that a fraud exists and is taking place as fact. The understanding of any complex fraud only ifluences the conditions behind the criminal prosicution of that crime it is not a explinatin of commen defence as to how it is not a fraud. 

• NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -  
    @John_C_87
    How does Infinity fit inside

It fits inside because there are infinite numbers between 3.141 and 3.142.

@Nomenclature

It fits inside because there are infinite numbers between 3.141 and 3.142.

Possibly, maybe, though highly doubtful, Pi is by fact lengthy for no other reason than the circumference of any given circle is simple indivisible by the chord described as a circle’s diameter.  Meaning an incorrect choice is always made by dividing a circumference by the diameter of the circle in the first place. Luckily, we have been using other slower methods of finding outcomes and not Pi in many functions of advanced formal object tracking systems, that will end soon as computer systems will no longer depend on outside relade information for tracking calculation on interception paths. The establishment of infinite numbers between 3.141 and 3.142 is simply not true as the ratio created by decimals is dependent on a length, width, or height of space which already exists as it is measured in advance. Most often for machining of manufactured parts with strict tolerances. 

On a complete different note, I find it interesting though that it is Babylonia, one of the credited contributors of Pi which took Jerusalem of the face off the earth Centuries ago. As Einstein’s Ideas of a general relativity is partially credited for oppenheimer’s creation the Atomic bomb may be at work in palcing it back on the map. 

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 5970 Pts   -  
    John, there is a difference between impossibility of expressing an entity within a particular framework, and that entity not existing at all. The fact that you cannot write Pi down in a decimal form in a finite way does not imply that Pi does not exist in the way mathematicians use it, it simply means that this particular way of expressing real numbers is incomplete and has limitations.

As an analogy, try to precisely describe the taste of your morning coffee in standard English. You will find it to be impossible, for intricacies of taste do not map onto this language. However, the taste exists and is objectively measurable (through thorough scanning of your nervous system). English language is simply inadequate to accurately describe it.

There is a good chance though that we are talking to a chat bot here, so...
    @MayCaesar
    John, there is a difference between impossibility of expressing an entity within a particular framework, and that entity not existing at all. The fact that you cannot write Pi down in a decimal form in a finite way does not imply that Pi does not exist in the way mathematicians use it, it simply means that this particular way of expressing real numbers is incomplete and has limitations.

I agree about framework, I am not abolishing Pi's existence it is in a list of approximations and is not in a list consisting of ratio. That is not what I said. What I am saying is infinity does not exist between the sum's 3.141 and 3.142 it exists outside those two constraints. Fact. 

What I am saying is Pi is a mathmatic proof a circumference of a circle is indivisible by any sum set by at diameter length, all diameters, of all circles being a mathmatic chord. ( this is important as the mathmatic proof describe a boundery of area).

Meaning Pi is used as a looming fraud either performed intentionally, or by legal negligence, as there are no legal disclaimers made that state clearly it is an approximation.

• As an analogy, try to precisely describe the taste of your morning coffee in standard English. You will find it to be impossible, for intricacies of taste do not map onto this language. However, the taste exists and is objectively measurable (through thorough scanning of your nervous system). English language is simply inadequate to accurately describe it.

It tastes like roasted beans.......How is describing a truthful taste of morning coffe in English an issue?

There is a good chance though that we are talking to a chat bot here, so...

I do not hear a voice. I am reading dialog...How about you?