frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

How Deep Is AlJazeera's Antisemitism?

Debate Information

Pretty deep:
  • A video editor and sometimes producer at AlJazeera has spread anti-Semitism, defended the terrorist organization Hezbollah and expressed support for terrorists.
  • A senior producer at Al Jazeera expressed support for Hamas, promoted terrorists, spread anti-Israel conspiracy theories and defended violent anti-Israel agitators. She has also demonized Zionism and undermined Muslim interfaith dialogue with Jews.
  • A filmmaker for AlJazeera has called for violence, glorified the terrorist organization Palestinian Islamic Jihad, shown support for Hamas and expressed support for terrorists.
  • Another journalist in the station has spread anti-Semitic conspiracy theories, defended Hamas and Hezbollah, glorified terrorists and demonized Israel.
  • A "social content producer" has spread hatred of Israel, equated Zionism with Nazism and expressed support for the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement on social media. On March 8, 2013, she tweeted: "Zionism is hate. Zionism is evil. Zionism is the modern-day Nazism. don't be fooled. the tide is turning."
  • A producer at has glorified a terrorist, demonized Israel and spread a conspiracy theory on social media. On Sept. 8, 2013, he tweeted: "REPORT: Hitler may not have authorized systemic murder of Jews during Holocaust."
To a Western audience, Al Jazeera tries to appear more moderate, while in Arabic they show their true face and their actual motivations.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -   edited February 2023
    Argument Topic: You're absolutely Ridiculous

How Deep Is AlJazeera's Antisemitism?

How about you start with providing some credible evidence that Al Jazeera hates Jews. 

You appear to have only one argument in your entire arsenal: agree with everything I say or you hate Jews. 

You're a buffoon.

• @JulesKorngold
    Where to start?
    • A producer at has glorified a terrorist, demonized Israel and spread a conspiracy theory on social media. On Sept. 8, 2013, he tweeted: "REPORT: Hitler may not have authorized systemic murder of Jews during Holocaust."

Hitler does not need to be the authorized agent ordering systemic murder of Jews during WW II / Holocaust. Plausible denial does not obstruct the united states of law created by a person’s personal constitution. If you have trouble in understanding why this is please feel free to ask for a more complete explanation in describing a link toward the general welfare of established justice.

• @JulesKorngold
    To a Western audience, Al Jazeera tries to appear more moderate, while in Arabic they show their true face and their actual motivations.

A lot of this is a United States Constitutional argument over the liberty taken to conduct Espionage, Sabotage, or legislated laws that describing terrorism as a crime. Forms of filed grievance, just who has final say how a grievance is to be filed in front of a court process, a lawyer, a judge, the threat of pending possible malpractice of law, public vote, and finally United States Constitutional right. Can you rephrase the question a little so I can answer focus on a smaller easier to understand rebuttal?

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Nomenclature

Hi Nom , also if you don't agree he will go running to the man to squeal yet again.
    Nomenclature
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  

For me I think the more interesting question is .....Should one accept the word of a plastic Jew who admits the enjoyment he gets from watching Palestinians getting blown to bits .......

nDU41G2AQANZEpng

JulesKorngold 464 Pts   -  January 31

Argument Topic: You're Boring Me

@Nomenclature 

I'm gonna watch Israel bomb Gaza on the news.  Bye.

It also most interesting that MineSub and Excon refuse to condemn him and in fact totally support him.

Nomenclature
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -   edited February 2023
    I think that it is important to use the precise words whenever making an argument and avoid using catchy terms that have a different meaning from the public perception of them.

Criticism of Israel or Israeli government or Israeli population does not in itself constitute anti-semitism: the latter explicitly refers to the negative view on the Jewish people as such. One can, for instance, harbor a deep hatred for the Israeli population, yet have nothing against Jews in general and harbor no negative feelings for, say, the Australian Jews.

This reminds me of the conversation I once had with my (then) friend who was a classic social justice warrior. I told her that, in my view, Obama was one of the worst US presidents. She immediately said, "Of course you would say that: he is, after all, black". Quite ironically, the one accusing me of racism was the only one who cared about the former president's race... anyway, I suggest that you refrain from jumping to conclusions with respect to someone's motivations based on their expressed views. People can have particular views for a large variety of reasons, and there is a world of difference between thinking something about someone who HAPPENS to belong to group X, and thinking that about him BECAUSE he belongs to group X.

I do not know what groups you belong to, Jules, but rest assured that my criticism of your views on free speech has nothing to do with that belonging.

Finally, regarding Al Jazeera, it actually is fairly reasonable when it comes to the topics unrelated to Israel or the Muslim world. It is, of course, a hardcore propaganda machine when it comes to these topics. Kind of like Ben Shapiro who is quite reasonable in most cases, but is completely off the rails when it comes to religion.
    Nomenclature
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -   edited February 2023
    @MayCaesar
    Criticism of Israel or Israeli government or Israeli population does not in itself constitute anti-semitism

Of course, but the ultra fanatical Israeli right has been using this same fallacy for decades as a means to shut down criticism and opposition. "Agree with us or you hate Jews" has become almost a mantra, and it has proven highly effective in scaring away politicians and pundits from making any serious effort at critiquing the Israeli apartheid state. So effective in fact, that even the American right adopted it during the W. Bush years, when it was, "You're either with us or with the terrorists" and/or "Agree with us or you hate America/freedom". 

Unfortunately, the west has quite a poor record when it comes to cooperating with violent, aggressive, racist regimes. It turned a blind eye to the South African apartheid state for decades, for many of the same reasons it today turns a blind eye to the atrocities committed by the Israeli military. Both were viewed as strategically important allies.

• JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 810 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: My Groups

@MayCaesar said:  I do not know what groups you belong to, Jules
    • Chess club
    • Trivia team
    • Senior center participant
    • High school reunion subcommittee
    What groups do you belong to?
  • PepsiguyPepsiguy 109 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Al Jazeera

Islam is inherently anti semitic.

Al-Baqara (The Cow) 2:62