frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Do You Believe In UFOs?

Debate Information

I'll be the first to admit I never really took UFOs seriously. I especially never took the idea seriously that they might be visitors from another planet. I'd seen a few documentaries on the subject and mostly just found them laughable, full of "witnesses" who upon closer inspection just aren't credible.

However...

I watched a documentary last night which has me seriously considering if I might have been mistaken. I can't recommend this enough if you haven't already seen it. It's called:-

The Phenomenon (2020) 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13095604/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt

It's free to watch on Youtube, so no excuses:-

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• BarnardotBarnardot 533 Pts   -  
    @Nomenclature ;mostly just found them laughable, full of "witnesses" who upon closer inspection just aren't credible.

Yeah sure until you accidentally happend to stumble on this one which just coincidentally had stuff about secret government stuff so that all the elements are there for you to start another one of your dishonest toe along girlie boy baloney conspiracies about making things out of nothing and miss interpreting things and wow like oh boy I just cant wait for all those real honest links with witness accounts. And then theres going to be all those pictures of how dufises go to all the trouble of over dubbing white blobs on to videos and then there friends get high on crack then go out in to the country where no one can see them and burn ginormous round patches in a corn field. Holly gehosifeds I just cant wait for all the dog mess that your going to throw out there so that you can rope some green behind the ears tard to actually believe the baloney that you want them to without really saying it. And that dumb AATIP was shut down because they didn't even find any thing at all that was proved but oh no girlie boy wont have that because he is going to stumble across some real dum baloney that says that after they released all there files that they hid some of them. Well they probably did hide some files like in file number thirteen because they were the ones that showed all there expenses of all the 22 million bucks they spent on beer and expensive gaming computers and of stuff they put in there homes because there was really nothing for them to do any way except get drunk and look at the sky every night and laugh there heads off for 10 years.

• PepsiguyPepsiguy 109 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: NO

God made the universe just for humans. There is no evidence these aliens(even in the most simple forms of life) exist. There is no proof that life exists anywhere outside the Earth. There are more than 200 requirements for a planet to support life which include( but not limited to):

* Right type of star(Sagan) which includes(not everything here):
    > be yellow(blue star would be too much, red would be too cold)
    > right size
    * Right distance from Star(also Sagan)
    * Right position in a galaxy(in the galactic habitable zone
    * Exist in the 10% of galaxies without gamma ray bursts
    * Have the right amount of Oxygen and CO2
    * Have a planet like Jupiter to draw away asteroids.
    * etc
    There is no proof any planet, ever - other than earth - has, had, or can even support life. SETI hasn't found even close to anything. Maybe in the future, but the fermi paradox still stands. In all the 96 billion light years in the diameter of the universe, our planet is the only place with life.
    NomenclatureCat
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -  
    @Pepsiguy
    God made the universe just for humans.

Thanks, but if I wanted to believe this kind of absurd 11th century nonsense I'd just go online and order a lobotomy.

Cat
  • PepsiguyPepsiguy 109 Pts   -   edited March 2023
    Argument Topic: Planet k2-18b

You wanna know which planets also have water:

* mars
    * Gliese 1214b(a waterworld with oceans so deep they make the marianas look like a puddle)
    * Kepler-138c
    * Kepler-138d
    * Kepler-22b
    * HAT-P-11b
    * Kepler-452b
    * Kepler-62f

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/experts-weigh-in-on-pentagon-ufo-report/

* "The shadow is pefectly round" Its a balloon maybe
    Found this as well: http://http//www.unmuseum.org/realsauc.htm
    http://https//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circular_wing

Funny how these aliens leave no piece of their technology behind.

eyewitness accounts aren't always reliable.

Also: according to https://military-history.fandom.com/wiki/Military_disc-shaped_aircraft

it states: "Meanwhile in Canada, the Avro Canada company was also attempting to develop saucer shaped craft, funded (initially) by the Canadian government. John Frost had initiated the design while experimenting with different ways to build more efficient jet engines, eventually settling on a large disc-shaped device with the exhaust towards the outside. He then wrapped the smallest possible airframe around the engine, piping the exhausts to the rear. For VTOL the aircraft sat on its tail for takeoff and landing, generating lift in forward flight as a large delta wing.

The Avrocar test

Frost also became interested in the Coandă effect to produce lift, eventually abandoning the original delta wing design and replacing it with a true disc. In this model the exhaust was directed downward around the entire disc by a flap ringing the aircraft, allowing it to take off and land "flat". Once in flight the flap would be angled slightly, producing a small downforce while being directed to the rear. Little lift would be generated by conventional means, the engine exhaust would instead be used to build an "artificial wing" by directing the airflow around the craft. He offered a number of increasingly dramatic performance estimates, generally claiming Mach 4 performance at 80,000 ft (24,000 m), at which point the USAF took over funding under Weapon System 606A. The result was a 29-foot (8.9 m) diameter supersonic Project Y2."

So no, high speed disk aircraft are nothing to worry about kids. Xenu, Edgar the Bug, Serleena, or the xenomorphs aren't out there and therefore can't kill us. So now get on with your life and stop worrying about little green/gray men and start worrying about your life and afterlife.
  • PepsiguyPepsiguy 109 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: thanks for letting us know about this film

its' interesting - even though it's probably history channel style bullc**p.
  • PepsiguyPepsiguy 109 Pts   -   edited March 2023
    Argument Topic: bad joke

@Nomenclature

Lobotomies will kill you. People have believed in gods for as long as humanity existed, it is perfectly normal. Atheism correlated with mental illness. It was disproven when Edwin Hubble discovered redshift. Atheism is dead, it is a zombie of a worldview, Its old rotten corpse is starting to loose body parts.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26743877/
    http://https//www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/10914137/What-God-does-to-your-brain.html
    http://http//mindspirit.com/is-atheism-linked-to-mental-illness/
    NomenclatureCat
    @Pepsiguy
    People have believed in gods for as long as humanity existed

Different gods. The gods keep changing. 

In any case, your argumentum ad populum is silly, since if belief were the only required component for reality we'd be surrounded by a world of vampires, werewolves, unicorns and pixies.

Even if God were real, which he isn't, he didn't elect you his spokesperson.

Cat
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -   edited March 2023
    @Pepsiguy
    Atheism correlated with mental illness

I just read this and have to say I cracked up laughing. You're telling me the people who don't believe in magical space fairies are the mentally ill ones?

It was disproven when Edwin Hubble discovered redshift

Lmfao. Oh, I see. And there was silly old "mentally ill" me, thinking redshift means galaxies are accelerating away from each other and has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with religion.

Get help. Please, for the sake of your kids.

Cat
    @Nomenclature ;
    God made the universe just for humans.
    Thanks, but if I wanted to believe this kind of absurd 11th century nonsense I'd just go online and order a lobotomy.

Well it looks like you did any way if you believe absurd nonsents about USA government people blowing up the WTC because there are more likely to be a 100 Gods.

NomenclatureCat
    @Barnardot

Barnie, you can't even speak your own indigenous language. There's dumb, there's beyond dumb and then there's you, in a category all of your own.

The WTC buildings were brought down in a controlled demolition. That's simply a fact, whether you like it or not.
    @Nomenclature ;The WTC buildings were brought down in a controlled demolition. That's simply a fact, whether you like it or not.

Thats right because the terrorists controlled the planes that flew into the towers.

@Barnardot

Barnie, your government lied to you from day one about what happened on 9/11. You're literally talking about the same government which told you there were WMDs in Iraq and that Saddam Hussein was in al Qaeda. 9/11 was terrorism alright, but it was state terrorism, not the actions of a lone group of goat herders from halfway across the planet.

I know you don't want to hear this, but Americans are (comparatively, at least) the most dumbed down population in documented history. You're a nation of absolute dummies, controlled and manipulated by propaganda from the moment you get up to the moment you go to bed.
    @Nomenclature ;I know you don't want to hear this, but Americans are (comparatively, at least) the most dumbed down population in documented history. 

So who else knows this reasonable info that the government did the hole thing, just a heap of luny tunes Exstream conspiratators and then you Wow thats a coincidence.

• KekeeKekee 23 Pts   -  
    I believe that UFOs are advanced technology of US government. How else would like almost all UFO sightings happen specifically in US
  • BarnardotBarnardot 533 Pts   -   edited April 2023
    @RobertoDuran ;UFO sightings happen all over the world buddy, not just in the US.

Well you could be right there because the government could have captured 2 ufos and promised to give the aliens some spear newclear rods for there fuel. So the government got the aliens to disguyse  the ufos as plains and fly them in to the world trade center. Then the ufos re form just like the mercury cop in the Termninator movies and the government officials give the aliens there rods so that they can go back home. And then just before they go the officials say hay heres some thing you can take with you. Its a humanoid that doesn't have much brain matter and hes called Nonclatter and hes pretty worth less and use less here but you guys might do some thing with him on Tralfamadore.

@RobertoDuran ;Maybe you could learn English

And may be you could learn to stop being so extreme and there for wrong. And may be you could find out why people kick you out where ever you go. Like der I dunno geee shcks I dunno why they keep kicking me out like yuckey doo doo.

• Unidentified flying object UFOs exist for no other reason than the object that is in flight appears to be in flight is unknown. It is ironically something proven by Einstein’s Theory of general relativity.

@John_C_87 ;Unidentified flying object UFOs exist for no other reason than the object that is in flight appears to be in flight is unknown.

This is quiet right and a lot of people dont under stand about flight being a thing so there for ufos are possible but only in theory because we know that just because some thing is relative it doesn't mean that it is. On the other side of the coin is that we know God is relative because there would not be a God other wise.

• JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 828 Pts   -  
    Nomenclature is so full of sh*t, the toilet is jealous.
    Nomenclature didn't fall from the stu-pid tree, he was dragged through the entire dumba$$ forest.

Is Nomenclature always this or is today a special occasion?
  • John_C_87John_C_87 Emerald Premium Member 865 Pts   -   edited April 2023
    @Barnardot

What you may be trying to say in whole truth is that alien spaceships are theory where a UFO an object that is not known or identified yet has been seen flying is fact, this as the evidence of one is much greater than the evidence needed for proof of the other. The theory of general relativity creates the misconception of space-time, where space-time is the poor mathematical practices insinuating that gravity bends time. Mean while space-time is the creation of incorrect mathematics by incompetence with help from a false claim that natural numbers are not significant independent in geometry and calculus then real or irrational numbers are.

• jackjack 456 Pts   -  

Do You Believe In UFOs?

Hello N:

Lemme ask the question another way..  In the observable universe there are TRILLIONS of planets.   Is it logical to think we're the ONLY one with life??  Noooooo..  No it isn't..

excon

John_C_87
  • JoesephJoeseph 691 Pts   -  
    @JulesKorngold

KORNGOLD the hypocrite advises others but spends his own days hurling off abuse ........

How To Deal With Toxic People Here On DebateIsland?

Debate Information

1. Report them if they are violating terms of service.
    2. Ignore them.

• JoesephJoeseph 691 Pts   -  
    @JulesKorngold

KORNGOLD the hypocrite advises others but spends his own days hurling off abuse ........

How To Deal With Toxic People Here On DebateIsland?

Debate Information

1. Report them if they are violating terms of service.
    2. Ignore them.
  • John_C_87John_C_87 Emerald Premium Member 865 Pts   -   edited April 2023
    Lemme ask the question another way..  In the observable universe there are TRILLIONS of planets.   Is it logical to think we're the ONLY one with life??  Noooooo..  No it isn't..
    Yes............it is logical to understand earth is the only one with life.

No it isn't.

Yes, it is. Given the amount of time which has passed in the creation of life on earth, given the understanding of life as we know it, and finally given the lack of variety of life in our own solar system, it is logical. You are confusing gambling or chance with logic. There is a chance life may exist, as life can exist without being logical as an outcome of any current information. At this point I would say all evidence points to the possibilities that technology is reflecting some serious errors created by bad mathematics in binary programming.

The two errors to note are Pi as an approximation and natural numbers used in algebra. Besides the risk of life by accidents there are any number of machine malfunctions that may be related to such a failure, including contaminations that may lead to the observation of optical allusions that can be documented on camera and equipment.