frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Give Me Your Best Examples of Contradictions in the Bible

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Nomenclature & 21 CenteryIconoclast I am still wondering as a truth if the both of you really feel the coming back to life of a person after death is a better contradiction described in the bible then Jesus having committed the same sins against God that lucifer had made? Even if it is not blatant fact the similarities are really astounding as coincidence. That is Jesus as a man not an angel? Though like so many things which go unspoken as whole truth in proverb this provides a logical reason behind the hate many angels had developed towards man and mankind as what is said to be in other words the favor of man in heart of whole truth.

• JoeKerrJoeKerr 332 Pts   -  
    @just_sayin
    Face-to-face is not an idiomatic expression. That expression  can only be taken literally.
    If I say something cost me an arm and a leg, that is an idiomatic expression.
    How is someone saying they spoke to god face to face as they would a friend, an example of an idiomatic expression?

Nomenclature
  • 21CenturyIconoclast21CenturyIconoclast 184 Pts   -   edited March 2023
    @just_sayin

just_sayin, I am bible ,

YOUR QUOTE OF CONTRADICTION AGAIN: “Sometimes God has taken on a human like appearance"

https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/161268/#Comment_161268

“ But as the Bible repeatedly states God is a spirit" 

https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/161191/#Comment_161191 

How do you want to “spin doctor” your embarrassing contradicting quotes above? Which ungodly entity do you want to use below:

Hermeneutics

Eisigensis

Allegorical

Subjective opinion

Other’s opinions

How far are you willing to go in making an outright Bible fool of yourself in front of the membership? Huh?

NEXT PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN LIKE “JUST_SAYIN” THAT DOESN’T KNOW WHERE HE IS AT IN ANY GIVEN TIME IN THE PRIMITIVE BIBLE, WILL BE … ?

@just_sayin

just_sayin, I am bible ,

YOUR INSIDIOUS QUOTE IN TRYING TO REWRITE THE LITERAL WORD OF YOUR SERIAL KILLER JESUS AS GOD:  “This doesn't appear to be a contradiction to me, but more of an instance where you are willing to twist a Bible passage in such a way that no one who has ever believed the Bible has ever believed."  https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/161268/#Comment_161268

In part, you said; “This doesn’t appear to be a contradiction to me,” meaning, that you are not sure if it is or isn't in an absolute sense, you Bible dolt!  Then for you to "try" and save face in front of the membership about your primitive disgusting faith, you put the onus upon me that I am twisting THE LITERAL AS WRITTEN passage in question by your brutal serial killer god of babies and infants! How can I "twist" the passage in question when I take it LITERALLY as written?  H-E-L-L-O?   LOL!

In you trying to rewrite the literal as written words of your primitive Bronze and Iron Age Bible, where do you get the biblical authority to do so to know without fail that you are correct? Logic 101 states that what your serial killer god said ONCE, he did not mean for you pseudo-christian fools to take His word in many different and contradicting ways, get it Bible fool?

Tell us, what part of the following Jesus inspired passage don’t you understand relative to you ungodly spin doctoring Jesus’ true literal words in your laughable quote above?

Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him. Do not add to his words, or he will rebuke you and prove you a .” (Proverbs 30:5-6)

NEXT PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN LIKE “JUST_SAYIN” THAT SAYS WHAT JESUS SAID IN HIS WRITTEN LITERAL WORDS, IS NOT REALLY TRUE, WILL BE …?

@just_sayin

just_sayin, I am bible ,

You RAN AWAY from my post shown in the link below in a logical conclusion relative to your outright Bible stupidity in saying: “The expression "face to face" is an idiomatic expression.  It isn't meant to be taken literally.” 

https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/161258/#Comment_161258

Therefore, AGAIN, Jesus is the one God (1 Timothy 2:5), and obviously had a face in the New Testament writings that everyone had seen!  Therefore, do you want to use your feeble notion of using an "idiomatic expression" to say Jesus really didn’t have a face as god when he walked the earth?!

NEXT PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN LIKE "JUST_SAYIN” THAT HAS TO RUN AWAY FROM WHAT HE UNGODLY SAID BEFORE AND HIDE, WILL BE …?

• @21CenturyIconoclast

1 TimothyII:V, NLT: "For there is only one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and humanity--the man Christ Jesus." 

You do understand this proverb as truth and not whole truth can also mean Jesus can be seen as the instigator who created the reason humanity must reconcile with God.......?

• John_C_87John_C_87 Emerald Premium Member 865 Pts   -   edited March 2023

Also a face can literally mean a surface

: to line near the edge especially with a different material
    : to meet face-to-face or in competition
    Face Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster

• bjinthirtybjinthirty 139 Pts   -   edited March 2023
    i wonder if religion would exist if they found out jesus was a midget.
  • @John_C_87 ;

YOU ARE QUESTIONING THE LITERAL WORD OF JESUS AS GOD WITH THIS QUOTE: "1 TimothyII:V, NLT: "For there is only one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and humanity--the man Christ Jesus.  You do understand this proverb as truth and not whole truth can also mean Jesus can be seen as the instigator who created the reason humanity must reconcile with God.......?"

Reconcile with God? JESUS IS GOD Bible fool!:  “Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours.” (2 Peter 1:1)

NEXT?

@John_C_87

YOUR OUTRIGHT PITIFUL QUOTE IN GRASPING FOR STRAWS THAT ARE NOT EVEN THERE TO BEGIN WITH!:

Also a face can literally mean a surface

: to line near the edge especially with a different material

: to meet face-to-face or in competition

Face Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster

https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/161303/#Comment_161303

What the hell does your pitiful quote above got to do with what I proposed to the pseudo-christian "just_sayin:"  "Jesus obviously had a face in the New Testament writings that everyone had seen while he walked the earth as God!  

https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/161296/#Comment_161296

NEXT?

• @21CenturyIconoclast

What the hell does your pitiful quote above got to do with what I proposed to the pseudo-christian "just_sayin:"  "Jesus obviously had a face in the New Testament writings that everyone had seen!  Therefore, do you want to use your feeble notion of using an "idiomatic expression" to say Jesus really didn’t have a face as god when he walked the earth?!  

I thought it was clear Jesus is satanic according to the Bible and you just don't make the connection when you read proverbs. This doesn’t mean the connection to the sin he had been performing all along did not happen. GOD is beyond Jesus or the alias names given to a man or women like Jesus. Next, I question your abilities to even grasp let alone comprehend the issue as this is a contradiction throughout the Bible and not with provers written in the Bible.

Reconcile with God? JESUS IS GOD Bible fool!:  “Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours.” (2 Peter 1:1)

You are admitted to me yourself in the above proverb Jesus is your GOD the connection that is made is only about a man said to be “GOD” in addition to this "act of vanity" God & man he is to also be a savior, this principle is a question, set against the ten Commandments not Bible. I very rarely argue with a person about beliefs of faith and reflection of this nature, as I hold two understanding of GOD one religious and the other not. I can clearly set them apart unlike many people I have met claiming they might or have influences by governing to try.

• @John_C_87

YOUR PERSONAL QUOTE TO ME: "You are admitted to me yourself in the above proverb "Jesus is your GOD" the connection that is made is ...... "

What part of my moniker of "21stCenturyIconoclast" don't you understand?  I am an ATHEIST, get it?  :(

• @21CenturyIconoclast
    What part of my moniker of "21stCenturyIconoclast" don't you understand? (1.) Your use of proverbs. (2.) The poor choice min poverbs you make to express you ideas. Other then that we are almost clear in understanding.

I am an ATHEIST, get it?  

Atheism exists? No SheeT! It isn't real, you do know that right? There is no such thing as atheist. You are simply a uncredible witness to GOD, that being said GOD as || of religion of faith || that of GOD of fact.

Are you sure you wish to try || attemp to destroy a image of GOD that is not a religious Icon? "It is out of the scope of your name."

• @John_C_87

YOUR FEEBLE POST IN TRYING TO SAVE FACE AGAIN:
    "Atheism exists? No SheeT! It isn't real, you do know that right?

Atheism EXISTS, and is simply a denial of primitive gods of the Bronze and Iron Age, and the rejection of all religious beliefs! 2+2=4, oil and water don't mix, and YOU are continually shown to be a Bible fool within this Religion Forum!

You are as bewildered as "just_sayin and ProudToBeCatholic" with your child like gobbledygook rhetoric!

YOUR FEEBLE POST IN TRYING TO SAVE FACE AGAIN.
    I honestly don't believe atheism exists. As an axion, meaning we must agree that GOD is a truth, even if one of us must presume it to be true. The then truth you must prove as not being real is that GOD is not a form of algabra. a series of sybols written as letters which by whole truth represent numbers and not letters. Can you prove algabra does not exist? 

You are as bewildered as "just_sayin and ProudToBeCatholic" 

I believe what you are saying is true I am indeed bewildered. I can even agree my bewilderment may be equal or even greater than that of either of the two people who have posted on this form topic mentioned. I do also understand the cause of my own bewilderment and the cause of your confusion, and it is at that point I must say without doubt we do not agree. So, do you understand the terms of the contest that is laid before you as a connection to established justice by United States Constitutional Right that must be met, for you to establish atheism is real? The task assigned by me is a real task that can be performed by any person without the need of harm that is a display of great power. Your goal prove that algebra is not real. This simply mean letters cannot in fact be used as numbers and never can be used as numbers. It is then and only then can you establish a state of the union between GOD and a almighty power that is not really to exist by the claim of atheism. "Good luck."

• @John_C_87

YOUR REVEALING AND HONEST QUOTE: "I believe what you are saying is true I am indeed bewildered."

Thank you, enough said, end of our discussion with your convoluted Jabberwocky that is spread in every direction, where in turn, you can't take an absolute position to save your life!
  • @21CenturyIconoclast

You are not proving atheism exists. The existence of GOD is easily proven as a form of algebra where letters replace numbers. Atheism however makes the claim algebra does not exist. So, prove it? You either can or cannot prove atheism exists all you are proving is there are some things you cannot learn.

• @John_C_87

YOUR QUOTE TO PROVE THE BRUTAL SERIAL KILLER JESUS AS GOD, EXISTS: "The existence of GOD is easily proven as a form of algebra where letters replace numbers."

Okay, if it is that easy, like you said, to prove the serial killer Jesus as god exists, then show us the form of algebra where letters replace numbers to actually prove, BEYOND ANY DOUBT, that Jesus as God exists!

THE MEMBERSHIP IS WATCHING; BEGIN:
  • @21CenturyIconoclast
    Okay, if it is that easy, like you said, to prove the serial killer Jesus as god exists, then show us the form of algebra where letters replace numbers to actually prove, BEYOND ANY DOUBT, that Jesus as God exists!

I'm not presuming Jesus is GOD, though I am not pursuing Jesus is a serial killer either. You should keep something basic in mind in your presumptions, GOD as a time of numerical axiom can assume knowledge as a whole truth of a killing or any human disaster without the burden of being associated to the use of lethal force. Unlike the man to had been written as borne from a woman, Jesus, who as a man would not be a "all mighty GOD" in whole truth. 

Also, the contradiction to the principles which reasonable describe GOD as a numerical axiom is that it will not so easily describe the correct numbers forming that axiom. The idea requires guidance to ensure a person would learn the correct value of numbers and how they interact to achieve a precise sum. All of this is still better than your representation of atheism as you cannot argue it exists and still insist to only be on the arguing side of a debate.

@John_C_87

YOUR QUOTE: “The existence of GOD is easily proven as a form of algebra where letters replace numbers.”   https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/161631/#Comment_161631

For the SECOND TIME, prove your quote above without RUNNING AWAY from it in front of the membership, understood Bible fool?

BEGIN:

• @21CenturyIconoclast

GOD exists what the numbers are represented by the letters is all that is in question. Understand I am asking you to prove atheism does not exist. I am not asking you to demonstrate you are not capable of learning GOD exists.

date stones using roman numerals - Bing images
    Done!
    Prove Atheism exists...This has yet to be even explained by you how, let alone proven.
    BEGIN:
  • @John_C_87

YOUR QUOTE: " GOD exists what the numbers are represented by the letters is all that is in question."

Relating to your quote above, show the membership at least 5 examples of this allegedly being true with the information that you have given shown in this link: date stones using roman numerals - Bing images

BEGIN:

YOUR QUOTE: "
    I am not asking you to demonstrate you are not capable of learning GOD exists."

You simply say the term "God" all the time, whereas you don't say which specific Bronze and Iron Age god you are referring too. Therefore, pick out a god shown below that you keep mentioning, get it Bible fool?

Azura Mazda, Angus, Belenos, Brigid, Dana, Lugh, Dagda, Epona, Allah Aphrodite, Apollo, Ares, Artemis, Atehna, Demeter, Dionysus, Eris, Eos, Gaia, Hades, Hekate, Helios, Hephaestus, Hera, Hermes, Hestia, Pan, Poseidon, Selene, Uranus, Zeus, Mathilde, Elves, Eostre, Frigg, Ganesh, Hretha, Saxnot, Shef, Shiva Thuno, Tir, Vishnu, Weyland, Woden, Yahweh, Alfar, Balder, Beyla, Bil, Bragi, Byggvir, Dagr, Disir, Eir, Forseti, Freya, Freyr, Frigga, Heimdall, Hel, Hoenir, Idunn, Jord, Lofn, Loki, Mon, Njord, Norns, Nott, Odin, Ran, Saga, Sif, Siofn, Skadi, Snotra, Sol, Syn, Ull, Thor, Tyr, Var, Vali, Vidar, Vor, Herne, Holda, Nehalennia, Nerthus, Endovelicus, Ataegina, Runesocesius, Bacchus, Ceres, Cupid, Diana, Janus, Juno, Jupiter, Maia, Mars, Mercury, Minerva, Neptune, Pluto, Plutus, Proserpina, Venus, Vesta, Vulcan, Attis, Cybele, El-Gabal, Isis, Mithras, Sol Invictus, Endovelicus, Anubis, Aten, Atum, Bast, Bes, Geb, Hapi, Hathor, Heget, Horus, Imhotep, Isis, Khepry, Khnum, Maahes, Ma"at, Menhit, Mont, Naunet, Neith, Nephthys, Nut, Osiris, Ptah, Ra, Sekhmnet, Sobek, Set, Tefnut, Thoth, An, Anshar, Anu, Apsu, Ashur, Damkina, Ea, Enki, Enlil, Ereshkigal, Nunurta, Hadad, Inanna, Ishtar, Kingu, Kishar, Marduk, Mummu, Nabu, Nammu, Nanna, Nergal, Ninhursag, Ninlil, Nintu, Shamash, Sin, Tiamat, Utu, Mitra, Amaterasu, Susanoo, Tsukiyomi, Inari, Tengu, Izanami, Izanagi, Daikoku, Ebisu, Benzaiten, Bishamonten, Fukurokuju, Jurojin, Hotei, Quetzalcoatl, Tlaloc, Inti, Kon, Mama Cocha, Mama Quilla, Manco Capac, Pachacamac and Zaramama, Vera, Jesus.

• @21CenturyIconoclast ;
    You simply say the term "God" all the time,

Correction,, I refer GOD, as GOD, all the time in this context there is only one GOD. True? or False? The argument against me is only that am I dictating a different belief that exist without donation, by permit, law, or official state code in any way?

whereas you don't say which specific Bronze and Iron Age god you are referring too. Therefore, pick out a god shown below that you keep mentioning, get it Bible fool?
    Pick? You mean pick something else because you can't argue facts? Prove atheism exists it was your turn to produce fact GOD does not exist. This is a simple task assigned by an numerical axion which does not require harm in any way when being addressed openly. Thank you for the many opportunities of choice but you are still missing one GOD from your list. 

Relating to your quote above, show the membership at least 5 examples of this allegedly being true with the information that you have given shown in this link: date stones using roman numerals - Bing images

There are more than 5 pictures of letters being used as numbers in the link, the pictures do not include the use of letters in algebra math textbooks used in many schools both public and private. The task you have assumed is to prove Atheism is real, not if GOD as an axiom is fake. You and many others on this forum have already proven they cannot prove GOD as an axiom to be fake. They only establish they cannot learn or refuse to admit to witnessing a fact also known as a whole truth.

• @John_C_87

YOUR HISTORICAL IGNORANT QUOTE: "I refer GOD, as GOD, all the time in this context there is only one GOD. True? or False?"

FALSE, you blatant !   "Reread" my post shown in the link below that lists a "plethora" of historical Gods, understood"
    https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/161797/#Comment_161797

YOUR RUNAWAY QUOTE AGAIN THAT YOU CANNOT EXPLAIN AND REMAIN INTELLIGENT LOOKING IN THE AFTERMATH: "This is a simple task assigned by an numerical axion which does not require harm in any way when being addressed openly."

Why do you continue to embarrass yourself in not explaining how the proof of God exists, with your comical unexplained jabberwocky as shown above? LOL!!!!

YOUR COMICAL QUOTE IN RUNNING AWAY AGAIN IN PROVING "A NAMED GOD FROM THE LIST I GAVE YOU" EXISTS: "There are more than 5 pictures of letters being used as numbers in the link, the pictures do not include the use of letters in algebra math textbooks used in many schools both public and private."

Uh, okay, then the "task" for you AGAIN is to give me 5 examples of those combinations above to prove that "A NAMED GOD" in the list I gave you exists!  

BEGIN:

• Why do you continue to embarrass yourself in not explaining how the proof of God exists, with your comical unexplained jabberwocky as shown above? LOL!!!!
    FALSE, you blatant !   "Reread" my post shown in the link below that lists a "plethora" of historical Gods, understood"

• I'm done. I was only to prove GOD exists not prove you can learn GOD exists from facts. You had been given opportunity to prove atheism exists a person cannot learn when there is no instruction at all. You are begining to asnwer your own questions better then I can.

• @John_C_87

YOUR RUNAWAY QUOTE OF DESPAIR IN YOU HIDING FROM YOUR THEORY: "I'm done. I was only to prove GOD exists not prove you can learn GOD exists from facts. You had been given opportunity to prove atheism exists a person cannot learn when there is no instruction at all. You are begining to asnwer your own questions better then I can."

I simply asked you to perform what you say is proof that an "UNAMED" god by you exists through your comical theory of Algebra, numbers, etc., but you embarrassingly FAILED to do so in front of the membership, of which would have been some great comedy on your part!

NEXT PERSON LIKE "JOHN_C_87" THAT COMES UP WITH THE PROOF OF AN "UNAMED GOD," BUT CAN'T SHOW SAID PROOF TO BEGIN WITH, WILL BE ...?

• @21CenturyIconoclast
    I simply asked you to perform what you say is proof that an "UNAMED" god.
    I did perform the process of allowing you to veiw or gather evidence but you do not understand the evidence you are viewing. I did not say I would force or trick, teach, or coach you to understand the evidence you would be able to view and collect yourself.
    god by you exists through your comical theory of Algebra, numbers, etc., but you embarrassingly FAILED to do so in front of the membership, of which would have been some great comedy on your part!
    GOD is a numerical axiom not a form of algebra, I did not say or dictate the letters used to make words including God cannot be used in other ways by anyone. I cannot make a promise you are capable of learning or understanding as there is a curve related to a persons abilaties to process and understand fact. Yes, I have failed as a teacher, yes, I have failed as a preacher. I am not here to present GOD in that way to anyone.

NEXT PERSON LIKE "JOHN_C_87" THAT COMES UP WITH THE PROOF OF AN "UNAMED GOD," BUT CAN'T SHOW SAID PROOF TO BEGIN WITH, WILL BE ...?

The simple principle you do not grasp is that GOD as a numerical axiom meaning the equation is GOD and nothing else other than a result. It becomes self-evident as the one GOD. It is not a word created by letters to be a name that can then be shared at all, it is a unsubstantiated claim to say GOD is only to be a name. It is algebra that describes letters can and are used as numbers, it is the date stone which describes that the numbers that are written as letters might be mistake as words. The only task you are undertaking is to design representation by demonstrating to all people who might comprehend facts as whole truth. Be it part of membership or not.

So, assume if you can there is a "GOD" unknown to you that is not as vengeful God as claimed by the many and explain under your own will how atheism exists?

• @John_C_87

WAIT! You said that you were DONE in making a fool of yourself in your theory of proving God exists, then you return to continue to make an outright fool of yourself AGAIN? What gives?

GIVE STEP BY STEP EXAMPLES in what you say is proof that an "UNAMED" god by you exists through your equations and comical theory of Algebra, numbers, numerical axioms, show how the equation is GOD, and why it is not a word created by letters to be a name that can then be shared at all, and show where it is algebra that describes letters can and are used as numbers, etc., because at this embarrassing time for you, YOU HAVE FAILED to do so in front of the membership AGAIN!

YOU MAY BEGIN FOR THE LAST TIME TO PREVENT US FROM LAUGHING AT YOU CONTINUOUSLY:

• BarnardotBarnardot 533 Pts   -   edited March 2023
    @21CenturyIconoclast @John_C_87 ;YOU MAY BEGIN FOR THE LAST TIME TO PREVENT US FROM LAUGHING AT YOU CONTINUOUSLY:

So who is us then like you and your re traded dog or what.

People have different ways of explaining God and just because you dont want to under stand or doesn't have any more brain matter than your tard dog to comprehend the math of it it doesn't meen that God doesn't exist. Many people have explained God and prooved God in many ways and just because 2 people like you and your tard dog laugh and dont under stand it it doesn’t make your point valid does it.

• @21CenturyIconoclast
    your theory of proving God exists, then you return to continue to make an outright fool of yourself AGAIN? What gives?

A numerical axiom is not a theory, an axiom can be a theory, then presumed to be true. The question isn't if GOD is real or fake the question isn't even if I have proven GOD to everyone the question is how to establish atheism to be real if there is a GOD of fact. Your belief is dependent on only one point whereas the axiom of GOD has multiple connections to other points of mathematics in life.

• @Barnardot

People have different ways of explaining God

That isn’t the point made by the Bible. It describes there is a false and true GOD, scripture also describes GOD as almighty, while setting a limit as being only one.

• BarnardotBarnardot 533 Pts   -  
    @John_C_87 well my be the Bible says that but still people describe the same one god in different ways like when I went to Sunday school god had a white gown and a gray bed but what ever way you look at god it is still the same god but every one has there own vision. You just can’t picture god as just invisible we have to personifie god
    John_C_87
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -  
    @Barnardot
    I went to Sunday school

So you're a religious extremist?

• @Barnardot
    well may be the Bible says that but still people describe the same one god in different ways like when I went to Sunday school god had a white gown and a gray bed but what ever way you look at god it is still the same god but every one has there own vision. You just can’t picture god as just invisible we have to personifie god.

Yes, people can picture God invisible it is a part of any miscommunications that take place and is kind of the point When we embrace fact as our own whole truth as a person we almost first imagine GOD as hard to see otherwise GOD would be visible to all. Leaving people without question. Proverbs, truth can be used to create a riddle the riddle is the sections of truth together as they hold multiple direction, hard to understand, or confusing to decipher.  Keep in mind because in whole truth there can be one GOD inside the scope of human reason does not make all other principles which are humanly linked to God the false God decribed in warning.

In any destination to reach there is a necessity we must understand one simple fact first, the place from which we come forth from.

• @John_C_87, @Barnardot

In the same discourse manner that you have shown us with your mish-mash jabbarwockey, then in the same vein, what you are stating about god existing is the following that even the Bible fool BARNARDOT could understand: 

Your exact statements to god existing are between these two posts of yours within this thread:

https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/161300/#Comment_161300

https://www.debateisland.com/discussion/comment/161998/#Comment_161998

JOHN_C_87 "QUOTES" PROVING AN UNAMED BY HIM GOD EXISTS:  

"1 TimothyII:V, NLT: "For there is only one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and humanity--the man Christ Jesus.  You do understand this proverb as truth and not whole truth can also mean Jesus can be seen as the instigator who created the reason humanity must reconcile with God…….?" “Your use of proverbs. (2.) The poor choice min poverbs you make to express you ideas. Other then that we are almost clear in understanding. Atheism exists? No SheeT! It isn't real, you do know that right? There is no such thing as atheist. You are simply a uncredible witness to GOD, that being said GOD as || of religion of faith || that of GOD of fact. Are you sure you wish to try || attemp to destroy a image of GOD that is not a religious Icon? "It is out of the scope of your name.”  You said that you were clear that Jesus is satanic according to the Bible and that I don’t make the connection when I read proverbs where you said it doesn’t mean the connection to the sin he had been performing all along did not happen. You promote that this is beyond Jesus or the alias names given to a man or women like Jesus.Then you have the comedic position to question my abilities to even grasp let alone comprehend the issue as you say that this is a contradiction throughout the Bible and not with provers written in the Bible.

You admit to me yourself in the above proverb Jesus is your GOD of which the connection that is made is only about a man said to be “GOD” in addition to this "act of vanity" Then you say that God & man he is to also be a savior, where you say the principle is a question, set against the ten Commandments not Bible. But, then you say that you rarely argue with a person about beliefs of faith and reflection of this nature, as you hold on two understanding of GOD where one religious and the other not. Then you state that you can clearly set them apart unlike many people you have met that claiming they might or have influences by governing to try.You refer to GOD, as GOD, all the time in the context that you have shown where there is only one GOD and the argument against me is only that you are dictating a different belief that exist without donation, by permit, law, or official state code in any way. But you don't say which specific Bronze and Iron Age god you are referring too. Where you say that proof of a unnamed god is a simple task assigned by an numerical axion which does not require harm in any way when being addressed openly instead of secretly. In relation to your proof of god is through “date stones in using Roman numerals, of which you don’t give specific numbers, nonetheless, if you were able to give numbers that you are obviously hiding, it would show proof of a god. But, again, you say there’re are more than 5 pictures of letters being used as numbers in this link: https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=date+stones+using+roman+numerals&qpvt=date+stones+using+roman+numerals&form=IGRE&first=1.  Nonetheless then you state that the pictures do not include the use of letters in algebra math textbooks used in many schools both public and private. Then you have the audacity to state that I and others on this forum have already proven they cannot prove GOD as an axiom to be fake and cannot learn or refuse to admit to witnessing a fact also known as a whole truth. Then you state that a numerical axiom is not a theory, an that an axiom can be a theory, where it is presumed to be true. Then you state that the question isn't if GOD is real or fake, the question isn't even if I you have proven GOD to everyone but the question is how to establish atheism to be real if there is a GOD of fact. Then you have the nerve to state that a  belief is dependent on only one point whereas the axiom of GOD has multiple connections to other points of mathematics in life! Okay, then you say that you did perform the process of allowing me to view or gather evidence,  but that I did not understand the evidence that I am viewing.Then you said that you would not force or trick, teach, or coach me to understand the evidence that I would be able to view and collect myself.  Then you state that GOD is a numerical axiom not a form of algebra where you precluded that you did not say or dictate the letters used to make words including God cannot be used in other ways by anyone. Then you say that you cannot make a promise to me because I am incapable of learning or understanding as there is a curve related to a persons abilaties to process and understand fact. Then you admitted that you have failed as a teacher and a preacher where you said that you are not here to present GOD in that way to anyone! Huh?

Then you go on and say that the simple principle I do not grasp is that GOD as a numerical axiom meaning the equation is GOD and nothing else other than a result. Then you say that it becomes self-evident as the one GOD where it is not a word created by letters to be a name that can then be shared at all, where it is an unsubstantiated claim to say GOD is only to be a name. Then you proffer that it is algebra that describes letters that can and are used as numbers, where it is the date stone which describes that the numbers that are written as letters might be mistake as words! WHAT?  Then you say to me that a task that I am to take in undertaking is to design representation by demonstrating to all people who might comprehend facts as whole truth in being part of a membership or not. Then you go on and specifically state that a numerical axiom is not a theory, and an axiom can be a theory, then presumed to be true as you say that a question isn't if GOD is real or fake, but the question isn't even if you have proven GOD to everyone, whereas the question is how to establish atheism to be real if there is a GOD of fact. Then you state that a belief is dependent on only one point whereas the axiom of GOD has multiple connections to other points of mathematics in life. 

But then you say that people can picture God invisible whereas  where it is a part of any miscommunications that take place and is kind of the point. Then you without pause say that we embrace fact as our own whole truth as a person where you say we almost first imagine GOD as hard to see otherwise GOD would be visible to all in leaving people without question is showing that he exists. You bring Proverbs into your discussion as the truth that can be used to create a “riddle the riddle” in the sections of truth together as they hold multiple directions, which you say is hard to understand, or confusing to decipher.  Then you finish by saying that in the mind there is whole truth because there can only be one GOD inside the scope of human reason, but does not make all other principles which are humanly linked to God the false God described in warning, whatever that means!

As the Christian can plainly see with their religious intellect, what "JOHN_C_87" has stated in his quotes above about a god existing, is simply understandable to them and therefore this topic is closed!

@21CenturyIconoclast

I am not even using the Bible to prove GOD existed..... am I? I am, using other information. I am, also addressing proverbs as only guideline for a process of elimination. What you claim as mish-mash is just an insurmountable obstacle set before you by your own choices to take on facts, nothing more. A clear understanding of whole truth and declaration are set before you GOD as a non-religious fact exists, It is most likely not, and was not in the control of Jesus, no insult meant. Where there was an original error on my part confusing you for ProudToBeCatholic in our debate the focus of debate did switch accordingly as we are debating a different contradiction of the Bible. To get to the point, I can presume you are telling the truth about atheism only of you can describe a better definition that includes an establishment of GOD as real. I have performed this courtesy for you already. As at least one representation exists that is not religious and all and this may be devastating news to many ongoing civil lawsuits throughout America costing millions of dollars over possibly billions of dollars. Is this why you and few others try so hard to not answer direct questions? Provide a common defense to describe atheism as real? Is it due to the admission means the end of several civil litigation grievances?

• @21CenturyIconoclast

In full disclosure, I understood myself in whole truth to be atheist at one time. I simply cannot anymore. If atheism wants me back, which I doubt it must change its own definition which is highly unlikely.

• just_sayinjust_sayin 961 Pts   -   edited March 2023
    Argument Topic: Does a Christian sin?

@Nomenclature mentioned a website with the "most damning" so called contradictions in the Bible.  So let's take some time and go over the most "damning" one.

@Nomenclature's "I hate god" website said:

1. Christians sin, just like everyone else (or do they?)
    Everyone knows that no human except Jesus lived a sinless life. The Bible says:
    Indeed, there is not a righteous man on earth who continually does good and who never sins (Ecclesiastes 7:20).
    All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23)
    ...But the sinless net goes a lot wider than that, because (plot twist!) ordinary Christians don’t sin.
    No one who is born of God sins; but He who was born of God keeps him, and the evil one does not touch him (1 John 5:18; see also 1 John 3:6, 3:9).

This is actually a pretty easy one to answer for the Christian.  I'll be a bit more technical - essentially Nomenclature doesn't understand the language.  I John 5:18 is using a tense in Greek that doesn't mean an instance of something but an ongoing pattern.  As Koine Greek expert A. T. Roberston points out on the word hamartano:

The present tense speaks of continual, habitual, persistent sinning! While a believer is not sinless, the fact is that he sins less! If he doesn't than there is a serious question as to whether he (or she) has ever truly been born again! A T Robertson
    So it isn't the church who has misunderstood the Bible, the church has always taught that Christians will commit individual acts of sin - even 1 John states this.  A Christian's life should not be characterized by an ongoing life of deliberate sinning though.  In fact, no one in the days this text was written, thought those passages were contradictory.  This is a modern made up issue by those who a) don't know Koine Greek, and b) don't want to know what it means.  It is those trying to ignore the original Biblical language, who made up their own meaning, and have pretended there was a textual issue when there isn't any.  Glad to answer your question, Nomenclature.
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -   edited March 2023
    @just_sayin
    @Nomenclature mentioned a website with the "most damning" so called contradictions in the Bible.

When you use derisive terminology like "so called" to describe the litany of silly contradictions and fairy tales -- most of which have been stolen from earlier myths and religions -- which the Bible is stuffed full of, you only reveal yourself to be delusional. There is no debate among people who are sane and literate that the Bible is stuffed full of contradictions.

Nomenclature's "I hate god" website said

It is not my website and atheists don't hate God. They don't believe in God. They aren't delusional enough to allow themselves to be brainwashed by the baseless idea that a magical sky fairy rules over the universe. In light of your plainly delusional beliefs I would do yourself a favour and give the sarcasm a rest.

So let's take some time and go over the most "damning" one.

The site lists twenty contradictions, not one. And it doesn't claim one is more "damning" than any other. You just literally invent the glue to hold together your insane replies.

You are a complete waste of my time. Get psychiatric help.

• BarnardotBarnardot 533 Pts   -   edited March 2023
    @Nomenclature ;So you're a religious extremist?

You just cant get that word out of your mind can you and you cant get that exstreamist word out of your mind either Your got to realize that when your exstream then every thing else thats regular seams Exstream to you. For example Missers Pringle she goes to our church and she is so regular in every way like after the service she holds her tea cup with 2 fingers and has 1 cookie and no more then she goes back to her apartment and Ive seen it every thing is totally immaculate just like Mary and in its place and she does her nitting and does the cross word and the so dokoo every day with out fail. And I tell you she has never said an un kind word to any one except the Pasta once but thats another story and I was the one who had to mend her hand bag any way.

But the point that Im pointing out is that because your Exstream people like that old bidday are going to look like there Exstream because there poles a part.

But Im not exstreamist at all when it comes to religion because if you want to see exstreamist religion then you have to look at those rag heads because they throgh LGBTQs off the roofs and berry their misses in a hole and throgh stones at her until shes dead just because she played up. When I was a kid I did exstream sports like we played chicken and thats where your got to run across the road when a car comes and the last one wins and all the others are chickens but the thing is that one day my 2nd cousin Con thought he would win but he was so fat and I could see what was going to happen and it was the worst funeral we ever went to.

• just_sayinjust_sayin 961 Pts   -   edited March 2023

Here is Nomenclature's 2nd most so-called "damning Bible contradiction".  It's not a contradiction at all, and had someone just read the verses above or below it would have explained it to them.

2. The women spread the word of the empty tomb (or did they?)
    Women discovered the empty tomb of Jesus and returned to tell the others.
    The women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples (Matthew 28:8).
    When they came back from the tomb, they told all these things to the Eleven and to all the others (Luke 24:9).
    Or did they? Mark has a different ending.
    Trembling and bewildered, the women went out and fled from the tomb. They said nothing to anyone, because they were afraid. (Mark 16:8)
    And that’s how the original version of the gospel of Mark ended.

First, we don't have the original autographs, so we can't definitively say that Mark 16:8 is how the book originally ended.  Metzger's Greek New Testament has a note that it does not appear in Aleph, B, or codex 304.  It gives verse 9 a confidence rating of [A] though due to all the other manuscripts it is found in (just a side note).

Here is Mark's version, just adding 2 verses - verses 6- 7:

“Don’t be alarmed,” he said. “You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him. But go, tell his disciples and Peter, ‘He is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him, just as he told you.’” Trembling and bewildered, the women went out and fled from the tomb. They said nothing to anyone, because they were afraid

It doesn't seem contradictory at all.  The women were given a command by an angel to tell the disciples.  Since the disciples found out about it, it seems likely the ladies followed the commandment.  They didn't tell anyone else as they returned to the disciples - which matches what Matthew and Luke said.  Instead of a contradiction, Nomenclature found evidence of the different gospels affirming one another.  Good job Nomenclature!!!  You could have also just read verses 9 and 10:

When Jesus rose early on the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had driven seven demons. 10 She went and told those who had been with him and who were mourning and weeping

The 2nd most  ****BEGIN AIR QUOTES*** damning Bible contradiction ever ***END AIR QUOTES***  has been answered.

Nomenclature
    @just_sayin
     It's not a contradiction at all

Whatever you say, lunatic. I'm sure that in your world claiming a 3 day old corpse rose form the dead isn't a contradiction, but that's because you aren't well.

First, we don't have the original autographs, so we can't definitively say that Mark 16:8 is how the book originally ended

Lol. So your explanation about why it isn't a contradiction is that you're simply denying what the Bible itself says? That's awesome. 

Get help.

Dee
  • just_sayinjust_sayin 961 Pts   -  
    @Nomenclature claimed I denied what the Bible says.  Had he read verse 6-7 or verses 9-10 he would have seen that what I said was plainly in the text.  Had he read the passage he would have had his own answer and his "2nd most damning Bible contradiction" would have evaporated before his eyes.  

Nomenclature's 3rd most "damning Bible contradiction" goes like this:

3. All Christians are united in what they believe about Jesus (right?)
    [Jesus said,] I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one. . . . I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one—I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. (John 17:20–23)
    I appeal to you . . . that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought. (1 Corinthians 1:10)

Another pretty easy one to answer.  The Bible isn't demanding uniformity of thought or some kind of hive mind-collective where everybody has to think the same way on every topic.  It isn't saying that we can't have different opinions, no one but the guys at wehategod.com have ever thought the Bible was saying that.  Jesus speaks of unity in the sense of loving one another and being so close to one another that disagreements on doctrinal or political issues do not jeopardize our relationships.  The Bible talks about a lot of disagreements.  Acts talks about disagreements between Peter and Paul, as well as Paul and Barnabas.  

Glad to have answered the ***finger quotes*** 3rd most damning Bible contradiction for you.

Nomenclature
    @just_sayin
    @Nomenclature claimed I denied what the Bible says.

It wasn't a claim. It was a fact. The site I linked here:-

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/crossexamined/2018/10/top-20-most-damning-bible-contradictions/

Lists 20 contradictions in the text of the Bible. 

Another pretty easy one to answer.

They are all easy to answer if you're clinically insane and don't care about twisting reality inside out like silly putty.

The Bible isn't demanding uniformity of thought or some kind of hive mind-collective

That is exactly what it is demanding:-

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods.  In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully.  If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

where everybody has to think the same way on every topic.

You're literally denying what the text says again:-

That you be perfectly united in mind and thought. (1 Corinthians 1:10)

What precisely do you think "perfectly united in mind and thought" means, you crazy evangelical wackjob?

no one but the guys at wehategod.com have ever thought the Bible was saying that.

I have never quoted text from any website called "wehategod.com" and you are patently insane. The meaning of "united in mind and thought" is irrefutably clear. Jesus wanted everybody to be united in mind and thought, but there are over 45,000 different denominations of Christianity, which is very clearly a contradiction. 

Get help you mad old bat.

@Nomenclature has misunderstood the distinction between unity and uniformity.  Paul, the undeniable author of 1Corinthians himself had disagreements with Christians. It is evident that he did not mean uniformity.  He himself did not practice that.  

Well that's 3 of the "most damning Bible contradictions" down.  And the 4th most damning issue is a repeat of one I've already answered in this thread:

4. No one can see God (or can they?)
    No one has ever seen God (1 John 4:12).
    No man has seen or can see [God] (1 Timothy 6:16).
    But Adam and Eve saw God. So did Abraham and Moses:
    The Lord appeared to Abraham near the great trees of Mamre while he was sitting at the entrance to his tent in the heat of the day (Genesis 18:1).
    The Lord would speak to Moses face to face, as one speaks to a friend (Exodus 33:11).
    God is a Spirit.  No one has truly seen Him as He is.  God has used human forms to manifest himself.  The Holy Spirit came down like a dove on Jesus.  In the Exodus passage where it says God spoke "face to face" just a few verses away it points out that no one has seen God's true face.  The passage itself makes it clear.  No one in all of antiquity thought this was a contradiction.  Whether believer or unbeliever, they understood that "face to face" was an idiom and not a literal description.  Again, and I repeat myself, you can read into an ancient Eastern Hebrew document Western culture and expect to come out with the right interpretation. 

But the good news is that we have a promise from God that one day we will see Him as He truly is.  This is the promise for everyone who puts their trust in HIm.

Sorry for the brevity on this one, but again, I already answered it.  So that's the answer to the 4th most damning Bible contradiction ever. 
    @just_sayin
    @Nomenclature has misunderstood the distinction between unity and uniformity.

I didn't use the word uniformity you absurdly mad individual. Stop your ridiculous straw man arguments and learn to comprehend plain English. 

Paul, the undeniable author of 1Corinthians himself had disagreements with Christians.

Credible (i.e. non-religious) source?

It is evident that he did not mean uniformity.

It is evident that nobody except you has even used the word uniformity. You are a mad old bat trying to rationalise the idea that Jesus wanted 45,000 different types of Christians, when the very scripture itself says the opposite of that.

Get help you mad noodle.

@Nomenclature showed he doesn't know the meaning of "uniformity".  No wonder he used its definition for the word "unity".  He also demanded a "non-religious" source for authorship of 1 Corinthians.  The book is signed by Paul, contains Paul's personal life information, and is attested by dozens of people from antiquity.  Nomenclature's bias is showing, as no serious historical critic doubts Paul's authorship.  Maybe the guy in his basement turning out articles at ihategod.com does, but serious scholars believe Paul wrote 1 corinthians.

That leads us to Nomenclature's "5th most damning Bible contradiction":

5. God’s rules keep changing
    God made an “everlasting covenant” with Abraham, but then he tore that one up and made another one with Moses.
    The New Testament continues the confusion. It can’t decide whether to look backwards and honor existing law or to tear it up yet again, because it says both. First, Jesus commits to existing law:
    Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17–18)
    But then the book of Hebrews weaves a legal case that argues that Jesus is a priest in the line of Melchizedek, which ought to take priority over the existing priesthood in the line of Aaron. Here it quotes an Old Testament declaration of God to justify a new covenant.
    The days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah. (see Hebrews 8:6–13)
    First, Abraham's covenant predated Moses' covenant.  That's what much of Hebrews refers back to.  Secondly, the Old Testament itself said that a new covenant was coming:

“The days are coming,” declares the Lord,
        “when I will make a new covenant
    with the people of Israel
        and with the people of Judah.
    It will not be like the covenant
        I made with their ancestors
    when I took them by the hand
        to lead them out of Egypt,
    because they broke my covenant,
        though I was a husband to them,- Jeremiah 31:31-32 

In Matthew 5:17-18, the New Living Translation renders it more clearly -  “Don’t misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose."  Jesus fulfills what the Old Covenant could not do - make someone permanently right with God.  Jesus does not say no part of the law will ever pass away; he says no part of it shall pass away until it is fulfilled. Jesus focus was on making a way for people to permanently have a relationship with God as the perfect sacrifice.   He says he came to do this very thing, to fulfill it. So, with his coming, the law has been fulfilled and has passed away.  This is in keeping with what Jeremiah had already said.  We now live under the law of Christ, not under the law of Moses.  There is no controversy here.  People in antiquity were not wondering what Jesus meant.  In fact about 20% of the New Testament deals with the distinction between the Old and New Covenants. 

Hope that answers your 5th most damning Bible controversy. 

Nomenclature
    @just_sayin
    @Nomenclature showed he doesn't know the meaning of "uniformity".

I literally just asked you to stop using straw man arguments. Nobody has mentioned the word "uniformity" except you.

No wonder he used its definition for the word "unity"

Nobody has mentioned the word "unity" except you either. Get help.

He also demanded a "non-religious" source for authorship of 1 Corinthians.

I asked you to support your claim(s), "Paul, the undeniable author of 1Corinthians himself had disagreements with Christians", with a credible source (i.e. a non-religious text). 

The book is signed by Paul

And if I sign a book the same way, does that make me Paul? Who is still alive to verify the authenticity of the signature? Oh, that's right. Nobody.

If Paul had disagreements with other Christians, then obviously that does not mean Jesus wanted Christians to disagree with each other. If I write a letter which says smoking is bad for you, then get caught smoking, that does not make smoking good for you. It simply makes me a hypocrite. Understand?

and is attested by dozens of people from antiquity.

Oh, OK. And how many of those people are still alive to verify the authenticity? Oh, that's right. Nobody. 

Theologians agree that Sosthenes was the actual author anyway, not Paul, so you're talking rubbish. Not that it is even relevant in the first place, because Paul himself was contradicting Jesus if he was arguing with other Christians. Your argument is something along the lines of, "Paul was a hypocrite who failed to follow Jesus' own teachings, therefore the Bible doesn't contradict itself". As per usual you relentlessly demonstrate that you are madder than the annual dementia convention.

First, Abraham's covenant predated Moses' covenant.  That's what much of Hebrews refers back to.

And that's what the text you have quoted says, so what are you arguing with? He created an "everlasting covenant" with Abraham, then changed his mind and created another one with Moses.

Secondly, the Old Testament itself said that a new covenant was coming

Then God has contradicted himself, hasn't he? Since he claimed the first covenant was everlasting. 

You seriously need psychiatric help. You're a freaking lunatic.

@just_sayin

I've got a question about this all knowing, all powerful magic sky fairy of yours.

Does he know how to create a rock he can't lift?

Because if he does then he isn't all powerful, and if he doesn't then he isn't all knowing, is he? 

Looks like we've discovered yet another contradiction in the fairy tale which you, a grown adult, believes is true.