frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Bernie Sanders Is The Only US Politician Who Isn't Either Corrupt, Dense Or Insane. Yes Or No?

Debate Information

The fact that this guy is considered fringe or radical frightens me to death, because he's pretty much the only honest person in US politics. 

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• anarchist100anarchist100 782 Pts   -   edited March 2023
    From what I've seen of Sanders he doesn't seem to be all that corrupt, I'm not aware of any major conflicts of interest, and he has demonstrated himself to be reasonably honest, he seems to be pretty consistent in what he stands for, not changing with the whims of his voters, at least not like the other members of the party do, he does what he has to for his party but when they're wrong he is still more likely to call it out than some others, so he seems to actually believe in what he stands for, at least a little bit. He's probably the least slimy of the popular politicians. So while he's not perfect, he's about the best that you've got at the moment.
    NomenclatureJohn_C_87jack
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -  
    @anarchist100

Completely agree with you buddy. 
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -  
    I was watching this last night:-

• @anarchist100
    From what I've seen of Sanders he doesn't seem to be all that corrupt, I'm not aware of any major conflicts of interest, and he has demonstrated himself to be reasonably honest, he seems to be pretty consistent in what he stands for, not changing with the whims of his voters, at least not like the other members of the party do, he does what he has to for his party but when they're wrong he is still more likely to call it out than some others, so he seems to actually believe in what he stands for, at least a little bit. He's probably the least slimy of the popular politicians. So while he's not perfect, he's about the best that you've got at the moment.
    Should I explian why this is funny to me?
  • KekeeKekee 23 Pts   -  
    No. He is corrupt, he claimed to be against the establishment Democrats yet decided to endorse Biden.
  • John_C_87John_C_87 Emerald Premium Member 865 Pts   -   edited April 2023

Bernie Sanders Is The Only US Politician Who Isn't Either Corrupt, Dense Or Insane. Yes Or No?

No....

Due to the American constitutional state of the union, there is not a person in American politics who is not all three to some degree as whole truth. The same issue applies to the American Vote and most voters in the world’s democracies.  

• MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 1124 Pts   -  
    @Aarons_Wedge_Head

You admire him for being screwed by a corrupted party system but then bowing to them to save his position in the scheme.  Why?

Calling out corruption and support for trump are not exclusive positions. He could of said i dont support trump but i also dont agree with the way the DNC.

Im not sure i find bernie corrupt but i do believe he is hypocritical and a loon.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Aarons_Wedge_Head

These people are insane, amazing how easily manipulated they are , that's why Trump adores them as he knows they're like little children once you feed them the we are the greatest nation in the world nonsense, they will murder , rape and destroy for you 
    Aarons_Wedge_Head
  • MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 1124 Pts   -  
    @Aarons_Wedge_Head

You want to talk about misrepresenting what people say, you didnt even quote my entire sentence.

I said "You admire him for being screwed by a corrupted party system but then bowing to them to save his position in the scheme"
    How is bowing to a corrupted system that screwed him taking the higher ground?  The high ground is calling out corruption and wrongdoing even if it involves your own.

Next, what does your comment on trump have to do with my statement.  I never said he couldnt criticize trump, i said criticizing DNC and trump are not exclusive positions.  He can do both.

You seem to lack introspective.  Strawmanning and misrepresentation of arguments is what you just did.
  • Luigi7255Luigi7255 695 Pts   -  
    @Tranny__Aaron

Okay, Nomen, I'm on your side here, but come on man, you're turning into the person you got banned by. My advice is to just accept it eventually, you can't keep making new accounts over and over and expect to gain sympathy.
    Aarons_Big_Ego
    "I will never change who I am just because you do not approve."
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Aarons_Big_Ego

Why you cannot just be left to debate is beyond me , we had months of trolling from Korngold and he's still here 
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Aarons_Big_Ego

The inconsistency and double standards are appalling, I honestly don't know why Aaron cannot even communicate with you 

No debate takes place here anyway its gone to the dogs.
    Aarons_Big_Ego
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Aarons_Big_Ego

Why did A delete your statement?
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited April 2023
    @Aarons_Big_Ego

I said it from day one one on here if you want to respond to me with snarks , smart a-s answers, or all out attack,  you're going to get it back and a bit more with interest .....but the ones doing it always think it's OK for them but not for me

If they engage fairly so will I, most don't as they're not capable of doing so 
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Aarons_Big_Ego

It's astonishing that certain members belive their hate speech and personal attacks should be exempt from sanction but others must be reported as its offensive to them.

More surprising is the fact that they are permitted to do so by mods 
    Aarons_Big_Ego