frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Why isn't there a music category on this site?

Debate Information

Music discussions are more important than 99.99999% of everything else discussed here!!! I suspect the true reason there is no music category here is because I know more about music than any other person here and you are all afraid I'll just have a category where I get to DOMINATE WITHOUT RESTRICTION!!!! 

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Argument Topic: music can not be debated

you can not debate music because all humans if they hear a "nice" sound will like it everyones ears are the same
    piloteer
  • piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -  
    you can not debate music because all humans if they hear a "nice" sound will like it everyones ears are the same

Wow, that is categorically false! Whether our ears are the same is of no value. Not all musicians play the same. Sometimes some of them suck badly.      
  • Argument Topic: how is that categorically false all humans have the same type of ears if one of us likes a type of music shouldnt we all

piloteer said:

Wow, that is categorically false! Whether our ears are the same is of no value. Not all musicians play the same. Sometimes some of them suck badly.      
  • BarnardotBarnardot 533 Pts   -  
    @piloteer Well all you need to do is do what I do I just use the TV shows because that covers every thing any way because every thing that is or done is and is done on TV for example the baby shark song is music yet it happens to be on TV as well.
  • piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -   edited March 2023
    @conservativebritish

Your original assertion remains categorically false, and your counterargument seems to have instantly stepped into an experimentation with discarded medical waste. I live in the US, which has the power to instantly sterilize entire countries remotely which is an option if they try to make us like Led Zeppelin, so NO!!!!!! We should NOT like the same songs!!!   
    @Barnardot

Nothing against the baby shark song, I loved it immediately when I first heard it, but it doesn't really have a robust message. I was hoping to discuss music history and the philosophical implications of song lyrics and all that boring stuff that could be found on a debate site. It would seem that cannot be achieved with a television. Besides, I have access to all the music I could ever want, and I still search for more. Finding music is not my issue, it's the lack of discussion surround music. The complexities of theory and harmony will not fit in the arts and design category.    
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -  
    @piloteer
    The complexities of theory and harmony will not fit in the arts and design category. 

I went to a private music college about 15 years ago and scored 100 percent in the theory exam. No reason for me to mention that other than smug self-arrogance.

piloteer
  • BarnardotBarnardot 533 Pts   -  
    @piloteer ;I was hoping to discuss music history and the philosophical implications of song lyrics and all that boring stuff that could be found on a debate site.

All right then why did the chicken join the band Because he had drum sticks. :) lol

Nomenclaturepiloteer
    @piloteer
    The complexities of theory and harmony will not fit in the arts and design category. 

I went to a private music college about 15 years ago and scored 100 percent in the theory exam. No reason for me to mention that other than smug self-arrogance.

I don't deny this entire thread is just a shameless ego stroke, but you should also know that anybody who scores a less than a 100 in theory and harmony probably needs help tying their shoes!!! It's not really the toughest class
    @piloteer
    but you should also know that anybody who scores a less than a 100 in theory and harmony probably needs help tying their shoes!!! It's not really the toughest class

That's weird because I was literally the only student who scored 100 percent.

piloteer
    @Nomenclature

I never said you weren't awesome. Just saying, if you are awesome, it's probably not because of your perfect score in theory and harmony.

@piloteer

I'm not awesome any more. The years caught up to me when I wasn't looking.
    @Nomenclature

We do not lose our righteousness because of our age. Our righteousness just gets wiser! 
    Nomenclature