frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is it moral to have uni sex toilets?

Debate Information

Where ever you go now you find uni sex toilets but is it doing the right thing in the end because how would you feel if an ugly fat woman put her bear but on the same seat just before you for example. And what about LBGTQ s. Are they going to feel comfortable doing there business where straight s do it. Or should we go the other way and have separate toilets for gay men and straight men and dikes and straight women and then toilet s for trannies and cross dressers. These are ultimately the issues we have to think about.
Nomenclature

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• just_sayinjust_sayin 855 Pts   -   edited March 2023
    Argument Topic: Depends on the environment

There are lots of uni-sex toilets about.  Many museums, like the Met, use them.  There is nothing wrong with them being used in those environments.  Though if you and your new girlfriend happen to be doing your business together it can make for some awkward moments.

In many places, like grade schools, bathrooms and showers are separated for biological differences and safety concerns.  For instance, a urinal is designed specifically for males, (and to be inclusive - "woman" with penises).  Urinals don't work well with the female body design.  Urinals allow for more men to get in and out of a bathroom more quickly than if there are all stalls.  The urinal allows more men to use the restroom in a set time span.  

For safety reasons, I would not advise having uni-sex toilets or showers for grade school students.  The shower should be easy to understand.  Being naked is a vulnerable state, and at least for males, the very sight of a naked girl can cause an erection.  After the incidents in Loudoun County VA where a guy wearing a dress sexually assaulted a girl in a bathroom, and was then moved to another school, where he again assaulted another girl in a bathroom, it should be evident, that these places can pose greater safety risks.  
  • Does it matter they are single person use bathrooms?
  • MichaelElpersMichaelElpers 1121 Pts   -  
    Arent all toilets unisex?
    John_C_87
  • BarnardotBarnardot 521 Pts   -  
    @John_C_87 ;Does it matter they are single person use bathrooms?

Well yes it does because if we didn't have unisex toilets then obviously it wouldn't matter and it matters to people in different ways like I dont like the idea that an ugly womens bear fat bottom with pimples on it doing a dump was on it just before me but thats just me. Other people like women might feel un safe if they know that men who come in to public bathrooms might want to hurt them and also trannies would feel un safe also because there might be a redneck there who wants to beet the crap out of them. But then it razes the point that even some womwn might not like trannies using there bathrooms because they might pull there doolies out and miss fire unless we have urinals but then I bet women wouldn't like that because they can see mens doolies and some men might get off on that. So really its a hole can of worms really and there is no real answer.

@MichaelElpers ;Arent all toilets unisex?

Well thats a good question because on air plains there unisex all right and in my house there unisex but thats mainly because we only have one any way. Any way what happens there is when my mates come over to watch the game my misses doesn't like it because they miss fire after they had to many bears and she has to clean it. But what I did was I put up a sign which says please leave the seat up when your finished and I ended up watching a hole heap of repeats and info mercials because I had to sleep on the sofa that night so then I took it down. So you see even when we have unisex toilets theres a hole can of worms. 

But where I work we knock off thousands of chickens and we have separate toilets for men and women but what I reckon is that there should be separate toilets for the immigrant workers because man a live you dont want to go in there just after a curry muncher has been in there.

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 5970 Pts   -  
    I fail to see how this is a question of morality. Aside from that, having separate bathrooms for separate genders has always appeared to me to be a relic of the past. Much like in Iran men and women have to ride separate train carts, almost everywhere in the world men and women have to use separate bathrooms. All the arguments I have heard in favor of it are inconsistent and, if extended to other domains, lead to conclusions that their proponents do not agree with.

Nowadays it is pretty easy to build a modern bathroom with private cabins and futuristic toilets (like in Japan) so people of different genders never have a chance to see each other's reproductive organs. Not that seeing someone's reproductive organ should be considered problematic to begin with.
  • John_C_87John_C_87 Emerald Premium Member 864 Pts   -   edited March 2023
    @Barnardot
    The only uni sex bathrooms I have seen are private one person at a time and have a lock on the door.
    @MayCaesar ;I fail to see how this is a question of morality.

Ok thats fare enough but what is it not morals when you want to go and the only toilet thats free is after an ugly fat woman who probably has fested sists on her bottom comes out. Are you going to go in there or say it was a turbin head curry muncher that comes out instead and you know what its going to smell like and he would have sprayed all his vinder loo all over the place would you go in. No I dont think so so then your got to question your morals like may be your being prejudissed against ugly fat women with sists on there behinds and turbin heads who spray there vinder loos all over the toilet boll.

• MayCaesarMayCaesar 5970 Pts   -  
    Barnardot said:

Ok thats fare enough but what is it not morals when you want to go and the only toilet thats free is after an ugly fat woman who probably has fested sists on her bottom comes out. Are you going to go in there or say it was a turbin head curry muncher that comes out instead and you know what its going to smell like and he would have sprayed all his vinder loo all over the place would you go in. No I dont think so so then your got to question your morals like may be your being prejudissed against ugly fat women with sists on there behinds and turbin heads who spray there vinder loos all over the toilet boll.
    Why are you asking me a question and then answering it for me? When I go to a restroom, I only check if there is a free toilet or not; whoever else might be there, unless they are threatening me in some way, is none of my concern.

Do you apply similar arguments when talking about, say, public transport? Do you want to have separate buses for men and women because you do not want to see fat ugly women? And what about fat ugly men, do you like them better? You little pervert!
    MineSubCraftStarved
    @MayCaesar Well they are examples of what people might face and it has nothing to do with me and we’re talking about the morals and when you talk about morals you use hyper thetical examples so then what do you think about the morals of some one whoose a woman or a man who has a giant rare with fested dusts and eats a lot of cinder loo for example Should we ban them from pubic toilets. Or what if you had that person sitting beside you on a air plane. Should they pay for 2 seats and then what about them using the toilet on the air plane for example.
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -  
    @Barnardot

If there aren't any unisex toilets then where will the girlie boys like you go?
    @Nomenclature ;there aren't any unisex toilets then where will the girlie boys like you go?

Well if there are any like me then they would have giant doolies then go in to the men’s bathroom and see how high they can p up the wall after drinking a gallon of beam.

• NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -  
    @Barnardot
    after drinking a gallon of beam.

You couldn't drink a gallon of coke, let alone a gallon of beam, you big girl's blouse. Do you know how much a gallon is? It's over four and a half litres.