frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Should America Reinstitute Military Conscription?

Debate Information

There are both pros and cons to reinstituting the draft in America. Here are some of the pros:

* A draft could help to ensure that the United States has a large enough military to defend itself and its interests.
* A draft could help to promote national unity and civic engagement.
* A draft could help to reduce the economic inequality in America, as everyone would have to serve regardless of their background.

Here are some of the cons:

* A draft could be seen as unfair, as it would require some people to serve against their will.
* A draft could be seen as a violation of civil liberties, as it would require people to give up their freedom for a period of time.
* A draft could be seen as a waste of resources, as it would require the government to spend money on training and equipping soldiers who may never see combat.
* The draft was stopped in 1973 partly due to massive morale problems in the military.

Nomenclature

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• @JulesKorngold

The United States of America has no military so the idea conscription would ensure this is a fallacy. As a whole truth America like many nations has an Armed Service as the legal connection had been severed in a court of law, by civil lawsuit. Grievances may be filed in many ways to be answered or also to be held as open recorded of change which may take place by responses to any past arguments in what is otherwise a United States Constitutional process, In search of the more perfect union. The principle of advantage and disadvantage to in conscription are not argued publicly often as a United States Constitutional Right. 

For the record JulesKongold it was never a moral issue for the ending of American Military or the use of conscription to support it, the argument is Untied States Constitutional issue over the perfect guidance by law. I will give fair warning we may not like or understand the direction whole truth can take this debate. I also ashore you the dissolution of the American Military is real and fact and had taken place in the most perfect way humanly possible, unnoticeable for the most part. It was performed in such a way as to protect the commissioned soldier and those inside the Military infrastructure and the civil defense system as commissioned officers are at liberty to assume and hold a untied state constitutional defense on behalf of the Military outside paid officers inside the Armed Services for as long as necessary to ensure a minimal connection to established justice.   

The legal grievance in whole truth is: Does Congress or President / Presadera have a constitutional right to incriminate a America citizen in the possibility of murder for hire?

• NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -   edited March 2023
    @JulesKorngold
    A draft could help to ensure that the United States has a large enough military to defend itself and its interests.

A completely outrageous fallacy. 

The US military is used for wars of aggression, not defence. There has not been a military attack against America since Pearl Harbor.

The US military has troops stationed in 159 out of 197 countries.

The US spends more money on its military budget than the next 11 countries combined. 

The US ranks 7th in the world for total number of military personnel.

Bringing back conscription, where kids are forced to die for the state -- which in the modern era represents little more than the interests of big business -- is one of the most overwhelmingly absurd and outrageous propositions anybody could possibly make. 

If you want to die fighting unnecessary wars which make American corporations richer then be my guest, but of course you would never volunteer to do that because you're a snivelling coward. Instead, you propose we force kids to sacrifice their lives so evil vermin like you can sit in a cushy little office and reap the benefits.

You honestly make me sick, man.

• JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 809 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: "Nomenclature" Distorts Again

Not taking sides yet, I simply listed the pros and cons.  He gets "sick" from his own st*pidity.
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: LMAO!!

@JulesKorngold
    Not taking sides yet. I simply listed the pros and cons.

Whatever you say, you snivelling coward.

I might open up a debate later, entitled, "Should we bring back the ovens for Jews?" I'm not taking sides you understand. I'm just weighing up the pros and cons.

Dee
    Argument Topic: Typical

@JulesKorngold

I might open up a debate later, entitled, "Should we bring back the ovens for Jews?"

A repeating thought pattern for antisemitic scum.
    @JulesKorngold
    antisemitic scum

I literally just told you I'm not taking sides, so what's your issue?

Dee
    Argument Topic: "Nomenclature's" Issue

Insolent, sodden-witted parasite "Nomenclature's" issue is NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder).  He has it in spades.
    @JulesKorngold

Nomenclature this, Nomenclature that. Your obsession with me is flattering.
    Dee
  • @Nomenclature

The US military is used for wars of aggression, not defence. There has not been a military attack against America since Pearl Harbor.

This statement is a fallacy as there has not been a global "Military" in operation in the world for some time now the addition of women into the service on Military breaks a standing condition of Military order, code, and honor. A correction to the lie in whole truth would always simply be made by renaming the Military something else after the event which led to the breaking of conduct code took place. America may or may not have been attacked by an Armed Service since Pearl Harbor though this is questionable and may be false due to the attack on the World Trade Center. The United States of America has also been under attack both before and after the WTC incident as America is by any claim of enforcement of law directly connected to the United States Constitution.

Note:

“Nomen” the lack of connection to established justice comes by way of understanding or recognizing a difference between combat and lesser aggressive forms of covert attack.

• John_C_87John_C_87 Emerald Premium Member 864 Pts   -   edited March 2023

The US military has troops stationed in 159 out of 197 countries.

Correction the Armed Services has troops stationed in 159 out of 197 countries.

The US spends more money on its Armed Sercices budget than the next 11 countries combined. 

The US ranks 7th in the world for total number of Armed Sercices personnel.

"Whole truth however would "say / write  American Armed Sercies is America's citizens go to for job training, travle, and excaper from home life."
    As for the rest of the nonsense you wrote...The Armed Services are hired "By the People, for the People” The connection to established justice came when voters push for legislation on Unconstitutional Fire-arm legislation without full legal counsel being presented to them above board as voter placed in harm’s way. Again a malpractice of law sponsored by outside influence on American Courts through the civil court process.

• @JulesKorngold

Nomen is right about one thing JulesKorgold you are unfit for the command you so often try and assume by your own actions. Keep trying though someday it may all click for you.

Nomenclature
    Argument Topic: Uh-huh

@John_C_87
    Tell us more about pi, you lame-brained, sheep-licking dolt.
    Nomenclature
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -   edited March 2023
    @John_C_87

Have you noticed how he never comes here to debate anything? He just constantly throws pointless insults and whinges about others. Typical far right fanatic.
  • Tell us more about pi, you lame-brained, sheep-licking dolt.

Dam! Where's the love....????
    Since you asked according to wikipidia Pi is:
    It is a transcendental number, meaning that it cannot be a solution of an equation involving only sums, products, powers, and integers.
    Pi - Wikipedia

In mathematics, a transcendental number is a number that is not algebaic—that is, not the root of a non-zero polynormial of finite degree with rational coefficients.

"Adding with my ongoing grievance on the errors of Einstein that natural numbers are also not algebaic as well such as those found in relationship to time and a compass and mist be noted by some means in equations."

Transcendental number - Wikipedia

Still changes nothing about the transition of the worlds Military over to Armed Services on a global level, this is a valid point while being nothing new, really, JulesKorngold it goes as far back in history notably to "Joan of Arc". The argument of an Armed Service draft is legal not moral, the timing of the Armed Service to intervene by judicial proceedings can be called into issue as the States in the American Constitutional union and Federal authorities are following law which makes defending American United States Constitutional Right in a Court of law impossible everywhere but in an Armed Service Court of law. Read my WRITTING! Malpratice of Law!

• John_C_87John_C_87 Emerald Premium Member 864 Pts   -   edited March 2023
    The legal issue: Women had been unfit to resovle there own Untied States Constitutional issue and thus had been unfit to oversee the preservation of American United States Constitutional issues. This in no way relfects the overall controbutions many women have made to America and other nations it only reflects a poor level of experience in direct assocaitions to American United States Constitutional Right.

This brings up a second issue with the reinstitution of selective services / conscription we have not yet touch on fully.

• @Nomenclature
    Have you noticed how he never comes here to debate anything? He just constantly throws pointless insults and whinges about others. Typical far right fanatic.
    No, I haven't...
    I noticed JulesKorngold is like the millions of others including you, all trying to make the more perfect connection by state of the union with Constitutional established justice as a united state.