frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

teleportation

Debate Information

commercial and residential teleportation. It is in the realm of possibility.. eventually. However if we ever achieve it and apply it to the general population, there will be both pros and cons. The plus side is we can get anything instantly; what we order, our mail, packages, we can get medicine, fast food, groceries almost anything without leaving home. The bad side of course would be the loss of so many jobs that rely on person to person contact. So the question is, if we ever achieve it, do you think it would be a boon for society or a disaster for the economy? 

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 828 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: The Dangers

There are a number of ethical concerns about the potential misuse of teleportation technology. Here are a few of the most pressing concerns:

Privacy:  Teleportation could be used to spy on people without their knowledge or consent. For example, a government could use teleportation technology to send spies into enemy territory or monitor its own citizens.

Security:  Teleportation could be used to transport weapons or other dangerous materials. For example, terrorists could use teleportation to smuggle weapons into a country or attack a target from within.

Environmental impact:  Teleportation could have a negative impact on the environment. For example, the construction of teleportation infrastructure could damage natural habitats or contribute to climate change.

Social impact:  Teleportation could have a disruptive impact on society. For example, it could lead to mass migration or to the collapse of the transportation industry.

• maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    true, however you stray from the actual post. I am talking the pros and cons of commercial use to citizens @JulesKorngold
  • John_C_87John_C_87 Emerald Premium Member 865 Pts   -   edited April 2023
    @maxx

If it existed commercially it would never make it to the public as a matter of national security. Teleportation is just one of several possible ways a nuclear device would never leave launching nations own airspace.

• maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    I am sure if it ever exists, many countries would have it and be just as much of a deterrent as we have now. My  post however is about the pros and cons of using it with in the public domain.@John_C_87
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -  
    @maxx

Teleportation simply isn't physically possible because nothing can travel faster than the speed of light. You could probably do it with subatomic particles which aren't restricted by the laws of relativity, but it isn't ever going to happen with anything useful like a person or even an object. 

You could create something similar to teleportation though. For example, sending instructions to a 3D printer based on a scan of a distant object. But you'd only be creating a replica because the original would still exist.
  • BarnardotBarnardot 533 Pts   -  
    @maxx ;I am sure if it ever exists, many countries would have it and be just as much of a deterrent as we have now. My  post however is about the pros and cons of using it with in the public domain.@John_C_87

Well I reckon that they would both use teleportration because the pros could pick up more men and take them back to there rooms much quicker to knock them off and I reckon that the cons could escape the law more quicker when they run a way.

@Barnardot

You could teleport my nuggets here so I don't have to wait in a queue.
  • maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -   edited April 2023
    first, nothing can travel faster than the speed of light ....in a vacuum; also the expANSION OF THE UNIVERSE IS TRAVELING FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF LIGHT. There have been successful experiments on teleportation at the quantum level. do some research. also, just like a telephone needing both a receiver and a transmitter, so would teleportation. you could not send anything with out an apparatus to accept it. You would also have safeguards in the apparatus or booth at your house to filter out what you do not want to be teleported in. as for teleported people, it would not be a good idea; at least not the same individuals for any amount of time, for each teleportation, disassembles your atoms and reassembles them. So after so many trips, your appearance would eventually change, not to mention your identiy. @Nomenclature
    @maxx
    first, nothing can travel faster than the speed of light ....in a vacuum

Nothing can travel faster than light anywhere, not just in a vacuum you absolute moron.

the expANSION OF THE UNIVERSE IS TRAVELING FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF LIGHT.

Nothing inside the universe can travel faster than the speed of light. Hence, teleportation is not possible. Writing irrelevant things in all caps doesn't change the fact that you're trying to have a debate about something which isn't physically possible. 

There have been successful experiments on teleportation at the quantum level

I literally just explained to you that subatomic particles aren't restricted by relativity. This is exactly the same mistake you made the last time we had a similar discussion. You don't understand that quantum particles and larger objects are explained by two different theories of physics.

You are an imbecile Maxx, and it's made even worse by the fact that you don't know you are.

Dee
    @Nomenclature

Nothing can travel faster than light anywhere, not just in a vacuum you absolute moron.

A person can walk faster than a speed of light at a proportional moment of time. The speed of light is not fixed it slows in precise ratio to energy. I already been over this "Nomenstein" Time is natural numbers and has no zero.

Argument Topic: "Morons" and "Imbeciles"

@maxx
    There are a few things that can be done to "Nomenclature" who consistently calls people morons and imbeciles.

First, it is important to understand why the debater is doing this. Is it because "Nomenclature" is genuinely angry or frustrated? Or are they trying to win the debate by insulting their opponents? If "Nomenclature" is genuinely angry or frustrated, then it may be helpful to try to understand his point of view and address his concerns. However, if "Nomenclature"  is simply trying to win the debate by insulting his opponents, then it is important to ignore his insults and focus on the facts.

Second, it is important to remember that name-calling is a form of abuse. It is designed to make the person being called names feel bad about themselves. If you are being called names in a debate, it is important to stand up for yourself and to let the other person know that their behavior is unacceptable.

Third, you can report the debater to aarong, the owner of DebateIsland.  If you report the debater, aarong may take action, such as banning "Nomenclature".  He has done it several times.

It is important to remember that you are not obligated to tolerate name-calling or other forms of abuse. If you are being abused in a debate, you have the right to stand up for yourself and to report the abuse.
    NomenclatureDeejack
  • NomenclatureNomenclature 1245 Pts   -   edited April 2023
    @JulesKorngold

Lol. Oh Jules. You are an absolute toad of a person, aren't you? I'm reporting you to Aarong myself, for trying to manipulate other users to join your childish little vendetta, you utterly pathetic twit.

Seriously mate, how do you even look in the mirror without being sick?
    Dee
  • BarnardotBarnardot 533 Pts   -  
    @Nomenclature ;Seriously mate, how do you even look in the mirror without being sick?

He proberly does that by not thinking about you because if he did I reckon it would projectile so much he would brake the mirror.

@JulesKorngold
    If you are being abused in a debate, you have the right to stand up for yourself and to report the abuse.
    I would like to say this is not describng a person standing up for themselves but rather a person forming a United State with another person or group of people. Not that it is wrong to do so but explains a rather self-evident truth about America almost no one in the Country ever defends. The United States of America describes a series of states from law to Consitutional Right.

• bjinthirtybjinthirty 139 Pts   -   edited April 2023
    fast food, groceries almost anything without leaving home

come out of your closet gimli lol. did u have a spat with an amazon package. "go outside  without leaving ur home" Lol
  • @Nomenclature
    You could probably do it with subatomic particles which aren't restricted by the laws of relativity, but it isn't ever going to happen with anything useful like a person or even an object. 

This will never get old........Laws of relativity are built on the incorrect understanding of why some numbers must be natural numbers and while natural unless identified clearly as such do not deserve to be calculated in any algebra let alone linear algebra.

@maxx

There is a bigger mathematical issue with teleportation, and I will begin by saying teleportation has a state of the union with energy, matter, mass, recurrence, and prediction. Not saying I can or cannot happen but if it were to happen as a whole truth rather than just theory there is grounds in debating by misdirection. We do not have an issue with atomic weapons any more realistically the grievance is over chemical war, enriched uranium and its use, whereas the best defense against both long- and short-range nuclear attack is in blanket defense type system and since Star Wars had been scrubbed. This basic principle was introduced as a tested in the open by use of the 1980’s video game Missile Command.

• maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    yes, they are but little intellect who in lieu of actual debate, have to resort to child like insults and ridicule. They simply do not know how to debate. They get their jollies off of being on sites like this and since they feel it is safe, because of their anonymity, hide behind the internet and pretend that they are strong and powerful and after the drivel that they post, leave feeling smug and self righteous, thinking that they did something wise.@JulesKorngold
    JulesKorngoldjack
    @maxx
    yes, they are but little intellect who in lieu of actual debate, have to resort to child like insults and ridicule. They simply do not know how to debate. They get their jollies off of being on sites like this and since they feel it is safe, because of their anonymity, hide behind the internet and pretend that they are strong and powerful and after the drivel that they post, leave feeling smug and self righteous, thinking that they did something wise.@JulesKorngold

You just literally described Jules. I've seen you use your fair share of insults too. so you're a hypocrite Maxx.

This thread isn't a debate. You made the statement that teleportation is in "the realm of possibility" and expected people to simply accept that premise despite the fact that it isn't true. Teleportation -- at least for everything larger than an atom -- contradicts the known laws of physics. 

Your idea of debate is to write a bunch of nonsense and then have people engage you about the nonsense you have just written. If anybody dares explicate the fact that you've written a complete bunch of nonsense, you accuse them of "refusing to debate".

• maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    ni i am not. i dare you to find any post in which i began the insults; in fact, i normally wait until many insults are directed my way before i get fed up and reply in kind. go ahead; find any post in which i began insulting someone in which thye did not have it coming after constant ones directed at me. I am here to debate, not throw childish tantrums. @Nomenclature
    jack
    @maxx
    ni i am not. i dare you to find any post in which i began the insults

I literally quoted you insulting Dee last week. You've also insulted me. You're a hypocrite Maxx. Who "began the insults" isn't even remotely relevant if you're insulting people and then complaining about insults.

Dee

• Matrix Online Emulator [How To Teleport Into Machine Stronghold]

John_C_87

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Nomenclature

Spot on Nom , Maxx like Cornfed never stops complaining about his hurt feelings yet think only people like himself are entitled to act this way.
    Nomenclature
  • maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
  • maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    of course i insulted him for he began it, in which you failed to look. as well dee has been insulting me for over a year. I have given him plenty of chances but to no avail. like you, he does not kow how to debate and at loss for the ability to prove someone wrong, resorts to insults and ridicule, just like you are doing now. If you are here to debate, then return to the post and do so.@Nomenclature
    JulesKorngoldjack
    @maxx
    First teleportation between macroscopic objects leads the way to a quantum internet | Extremetech@ZeusAres42

Maxx, stop link farming and start reading the things you link. Your article is about quantum (i.e. sub-atomic) information being teleported between macroscopic objects. Teleporting macroscopic objects contradicts the laws of physics like I've told you three times already. 

You just refuse to learn anything Maxx. People explain the same thing to you five or six times, you don't listen to anything they say, then when they eventually get bored you accuse them of "refusing to debate."

@maxx
    of course i insulted him

Then you shouldn't be complaining about insults then, should you? It isn't complicated Maxx.

• maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    boy you really pick at words. I ask you, after several insults in one post, you as well, would get fed up and reply. It is human nature to do so. and after a year of it, with arrong not doing anything about it, as well as me not having the ability to meet the insulter(s) face to face, i eventually reply in kind. However, this is not an insult site. It is a debate site. Yet here you are, just like others, refuse to debate the actual topic. imagine that.@Nomenclature
    JulesKorngold
    @maxx
    boy you really pick at words. I ask you, after several insults in one post, you as well, would get fed up and reply. It is human nature to do so

I'm not picking at words and I'm not criticising you for using insults. I'm saying you shouldn't insult people and then complain about insults. It's a double standard.

• maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    are you going to debate the topic at hand or not?@Nomenclature
    Argument Topic: Insulting First

There are many reasons why someone might insult someone else first. Some people insult others because they feel insecure or threatened. They may feel like they need to put someone else down in order to feel better about themselves. Others insult others first because they are angry or frustrated. They may feel like the other person has done something to hurt them, and they are lashing out in response. Still others insult others first because they think it is funny or because they enjoy making other people feel bad.

"Nomenclature" and "Dee" start insulting when they realize they have lost the debate.  Which is every time.  
    @JulesKorngold

Why don't you do humanity a favour and teleport yourself to the Andromeda galaxy. You won't be missed.
  • maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    like i said, you are just as bad as dee. only here to insult. This post is about commercial and residential teleportation. If you can not debate it, then go elsewhere with your insults. @Nomenclature
    @maxx
    like i said, you are just as bad as dee. only here to insult. 

Maxx, you're a totally pointless hypocrite who insults people -- as you are literally doing above -- and then complains about insults. I'm here to debate issues with people who are intelligent and rational enough to have a discussion. That isn't you. You are here to write absolute nonsense. You are here to write absolute nonsense and then throw your rattle and stamp your feet when anybody challenges it. You literally threatened Dee with physical violence, and you're complaining about name-calling? What an absolute joke. Name-calling isn't a criminal offence like threatening a person with violence is. 

Ziploc your silly childish mouth please.

Dee
  • maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    Like i figure from a person of your caliber. You cant debate the actual topic so resort to insults. @Nomenclature
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @JulesKorngold

Nomenclature" and "Dee" start insulting when they realize they have lost the debate.  Which is every time.  

Translation from Cornfed Kike talk into fact.......Corned never debates he posts up opinion pieces like  " I'm going off to enjoy watching Israelis bomb Palestinian shopping centres " ........that's what Cornfed calls debate ......
    Nomenclature
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx ;

Nomenclature" and "Dee" start insulting when they realize they have lost the debate.  Which is every time.  

Nonsense ,we only give back what is given out in the first place by s-um bags  like you and your kike buddy Cornfed.

Nom and I point out facts one being you're an imbecile this ridiculous piece of Sci Fi you posted up proves such. No  doubt you will now issue your usual threats of violence 

Nomenclature
    Argument Topic: Violation by "Dee"

Violation of Terms of Service:  Calling a debater a "kike".
    Argument Topic: Another Violation by "Dee"

Violation of Terms of Service:  Calling a debater an "imbecile".
  • JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 828 Pts   -   edited April 2023
    Argument Topic: And Another Violation by "Dee"

Violation of Terms of Service:  Calling a debater a "kike" again.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @JulesKorngold

Violation of Terms of Service:  Calling a debater a "kike".

Violation of terms : Denying you're a kike yet keep saying you are 
    Nomenclature
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @JulesKorngold

Violation of Terms of Service:  Calling a debater an "imbecile".

I apologise to all imbeciles for comparing them to you, you're actually  a vegetable 
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @JulesKorngold

So you admit you're not Jew ......good man we kept telling you so 
  • Dee said:
    @JulesKorngold

So you admit you're not Jew ......good man we kept telling you so 

@Dee Go home, you are drunk.

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @ZeusAres42

I am at home and no drink.on board .....
    I'm definitely going to be having a few beers later. Got that Friday feeling.
    Dee
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Nomenclature

Same here Nom , I have a box of Moretti for later and a nice bottle of red for dinner ......it has to be done 
    Nomenclature
    Nice. Haven't had Moretti in years. Are you going to be online do you think? Debating is the best when you're having beers.

Sometimes this site seems to go dead for hours.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @Nomenclature

It's an excellent beer Nom , what's your preferred beer?

This site really only sparks off once in a while.

I have a feeling I will be online later as I predict Z will get plastered and launch another attack , I love slogging it out with beer on board it seems to bring out my most sarcastic side which gives me a nice buzz
    @Dee
    what's your preferred beer?

In my opinion, nothing beats a cold pint of draught Guinness buddy. If I'm in a pub then it's Guinness every time.

If we're talking lager then I hate to say it but I'm quite partial to a cold can of Budweiser. If it's a bottle then San Miguel or Corona. 

I have a feeling I will be online later as I predict Z will get plastered and launch another attack , I love slogging it out with beer on board it seems to bring out my most sarcastic side which gives me a nice buzz

Lol. Aye mate. It's fun when there are a few people on together. Mostly it tends to be just one person at a time.

Dee