frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Are colder climates better for your health than warmer climates?

Debate Information

This is a very controversial question.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• BarnardotBarnardot 533 Pts   -  
    Well it is a good question I suppose and there are some pros and cons because for example if you get cut real bad and your far away in a cold climate you will more likely to live because you wont bleed out. But then your doolies shrink up and you produce less sperm which is why they have more kids in hot climates. And if your a darkie then your not going to get enpugh vitamin D and get real ill But then if your a whitie then you could get skin cancer in hot climates. 
  • maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -   edited April 2023
    kind of depends on how warm or cold. most cold climates have thinner air which can in theory help heal wounds faster; cold areas have less bugs that can spread disease however humans actually evolved first to live in warm climates. very cold areas have less produce to give us the needed vitamins our bodies need. there are more peple in hot climates which can make it easier to catch health problems from others. It is  a toss up. i think in the short term cold areas would be healthier but in the long run, warmer areas. it has more fresh water, better food, less strain on muscles and bones from not having to wear heavy clothing, less eye problems due to less glare from snow.. even our immune system gets stronger in warmer climates by fighting off infections from bugs and parasites.  @theinfectedmaster
  • theinfectedmastertheinfectedmaster 145 Pts   -  
    @maxx Cold weather has been shown to help with cognition.
    @maxx Actually cold air can help the immune system since it speeds up the metabolism.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    Impossible to answer really ,I'd prefer warmer climes as sunlight has the added advantage of  being good for mental health

Incidentally heat kills more Americans than cold every year
  • maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    um, metabolism is the process of converting food into energy; the faster it is the more calories you burn. it does not fight infections with the immune system.@theinfectedmaster
    perhaps. i am sure the following study may be flawed because it talks about death rather tan overall health as the debate topic was posted.Cold weather kills far more people than hot weather -- ScienceDaily  I believe warmer weather as you said, is better for mental health, but of course, it depends on how warm. in very arid and hot areas verses very extreme cold, i think the mental health would simply depend on th person. @Dee
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -   edited April 2023
    @maxx

I think it's hard to call as hot weather brings on famines and hunger which causes millions of deaths in African countries,  then you have Malaria and various other killer disease brought on by creatures that only live in warmer climes. 

I know for a fact heat causes more death than cold in the US.  I genuinely think good  mental health and attitude is down to individuals but I must say a nice sunny day is preferable for me to a dull dreary.

I like it here it's neither extremely hot or cold 
  • maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    i agree. our immune systems get stronger by having to fight off infectious diseases, in which there are very few in extreme cold. very cold weather thins the air which narrows blood vessels that can cause heart attacks. yet in very hot areas, many places have high humidity which can cause lung problems. so i think it's a toss up if it is always very cold or very hot. but in areas of 80 degrees Fahrenheit i think it is much healthier.@Dee
    @Dee Heat can also make you have more anxiety.
    @Dee Suicide is actually more common in warmer climates.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @theinfectedmaster

@Dee Heat can also make you have more anxiety.

Anything can make those who suffer from anxiety more anxious 
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @theinfectedmaster

Suicide is actually more common in warmer climates.

Is it indeed? But the cause is not heat or cold so it's irrelevant 
  • maxxmaxx 1135 Pts   -  
    i think if suicide is more prevalent in hotter areas it is because there are more people. not because of the heat itself. @theinfectedmaster
    @Dee I think because everything speeds up when it's warmer, which is why you have more anxiety.
    @maxx New Mexico has more suicides than Minnesota.
    i really dont think it is because of heat. however, overall health is probably better in hotter areas. lie i said, it is a toss up. too many varibles to consider..  @theinfectedmaster
    @maxx No. People in colder climates tend to be healthier.
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @theinfectedmaster

That's nonsense
  • There are a few states of the union that are inadequately made as united states of constitutional right to a goal of established justice made with the wording of "Suicide" as a legal cause of death. (1.) Suicide is murder. a murder case is closed by ruling the death a suicide. (2.) A faulty connection is made when someone is terminally ill and changes the conditions of medical diagnosis made for them. (3.) Outside influence on pressures that may be used to direct the person into ending their own life such as organized crime, honor, or possibly protecting information.