frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

the media

Debate Information

is the media way out of line? They say bad news sells. Really? I know very few people if any, that goes out of their way to listen to doom, death, despair and destruction. Yet the media plays it up regardless. Many times they refuse to let it drop, carrying it for days or even longer. They interview the subject, victims, family, neighbors,  the pet dogs, and every one else they can get ahold of. Many copy cat crimes are committed because of this continuous run of bad news. Yes there is a lot of bad news in the world, but the good news hardly get 5 minutes before they drop the story. What do you think? do you enjoy the bad news? or does the media carry it too far?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    I don't read newspapers or read much news online , it's all doom and gloom with all sorts of experts predicting non stop catastrophes that will befall us.

We were told after covid there would be extreme food shortages , no fuel and a worlwide recession like we've never seen , all utter bunk.

We were told the war in Ukraine would never start when it did we were told it would be over quickly,  blah ,blah blah 

Positive news doesn't sell only negative news sells and the majority of people love spreading their favourite latest " gem"  from their favourite jornalist predicting doom and gloom , it normally starts with the bearer of the gloomy prediction announcing  " they say" etc ,etc 

Misery loves company I leave these people to it , I opt out 
    Aarons_Big_Ego
  • maxxmaxx 1134 Pts   -   edited April 2023
    nice copy and paste.  you should have given credit to the author. i read that eleswhere @Aarons_Big_Ego
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

nice copy and paster.  you should have given credit to the author. i read that elsewhere

Prove it?
  • BarnardotBarnardot 533 Pts   -  
    @Aarons_Big_Ego Well I think thet the mass media is a big problem for conspiracy dim wits because they think it is all a conspiracy controlled by the government to control the people yet the irony of it is that these dim wits listen to media that s not even media it is just a load of utter made up stories like that Corbett guy who never says any thing but tries to make people believe a hole heap of total dog mess. Luckily though it is only a few total jerk offs who believe that trash. 
  • maxxmaxx 1134 Pts   -  
    seriouslly. this guy was banned and returned. look at the name. twice now. insult to arrong. the first was arron wedge head. pretty sure hes roberto. i seriouslly doubt this guy wrote it, just read the content carfully. Probably cane from cliffs notes. however i am not going to mess with it. no time. whoever wrote it, i agree with the content at least @Dee
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

Why make an allegation when you cannot prove it ?
  • maxxmaxx 1134 Pts   -  
    Dont worry about it dee. I know who this guy is. So does arrong. Hes been banned twice. I doubt also that considering the way he used to write,  that he is capable of writing such a reply. However,  it doesn't concern you. @Dee
  • Luigi7255Luigi7255 695 Pts   -   edited April 2023
    @maxx

"This guy is copying and pasting!"

"Proof?"

"I don't need proof! I don't believe this guy can write that way! You wouldn't understand, so I'm right!"
    Aarons_Big_Ego
    "I will never change who I am just because you do not approve."
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

But it seems to concern you to make up.lies about others, whys that  ? 

Why are you always looking for fight,?

Aarons_Big_Ego
  • maxxmaxx 1134 Pts   -  
    Allow me to put it this way. First we have roberto, who did nothing but cause trouble and create insults. So he gets banned. The very next day, arron wedge head shows up, doing the exact same thing,  with tge exact same speech patterns.  So he gets banned. Now we have aaron big ego. A very large and unusual coincidence is it not? As for your reply, if you wrote it, i agree with the content.  If you did not write it, i have no time to search the web for it, yet i still agree with the content.  If you are the original roberto who was banned. I am sure time will tell and you will eventually resort to you original behaviorism. If you say you are not him, i will reserve judgment until i am completely sure and will then apologize.  @Aarons_Big_Ego
  • maxxmaxx 1134 Pts   -  
    It seems as you are the one looking for a fight, poking into a matter that is no even about you. As for my topic, i agree with your reply. No sense,  in replying further unless it concerns my topic. Good day. @Dee
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

You're still trying to squirm your way out, I asked you had you any proof for your claims,  you don't so you just made it up.whys that?
    Aarons_Big_Ego
  • maxxmaxx 1134 Pts   -  
    this is between me and the other individual, not between you and i. quit sticking your beak into other peoples business. what i told him has nothing to do with you now does it? @Dee
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

Well if it was between you and him why did you broadcast it to all?

Why not just message him privately? 

Either way you were caught  ( again) in your lies as you have zero proof for your claims 
    Aarons_Big_Ego
  • just_sayinjust_sayin 890 Pts   -  
    The problem with the "media" is that it is biased, serving more as a source of propaganda to assist the side it agrees with more.  Take for example yesterday when Biden was caught with the LA Times question in his hands before it was even asked.  When you watch news outlets you can sense which side they support.  Often stories that don't benefit the narrative they want are buried.  You can even see the bias in the word choice that outlets like the AP mandate.  You can't say "pro-life".  Instead of identifying someone by what they are for and using the designation they themselves use, the AP mandates that the term "anti-abortion" or anti-choice be used, which is what someone who opposes the pro-life position would say to define their opponent.  The AP insists on using nice sounding euphemisms like "gender affirming care" when discussing mutilating the bodies of children and giving them drugs that can cause strokes, sterility, cognitive development issues, depression, suicidal thoughts, and enlarged hearts.  The media tries to aid the side they more closely identify with by not only controlling what stories get told, but by controlling the very language that is used to tell them.
  • maxxmaxx 1134 Pts   -  
    this individual was baned several times, and with insults at me constantly. he would not even try to debate. Before he was roberto, i am not sure who he was, nor care. he came ater me for no reason at all. I also did not ask you to interfere. if you wish to continue the debate, then by all means do so. @Dee
    ok, true, but can you be more specific in regard to my actual wording on my OP? Are they out of hand in regard to constantly tossing out bad news; hardly lettting the stories drop, sometimes continuing the subject for days or weeks; while good news hardly get a mention? Please try to answer and confine your reply  to my actual question(s) as i wrote it. thanks. @just_sayin
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

I don't care what you asked me I'm asking you to back your claim up.,here is what you refuse to answer......

@maxx

Well if it was between you and him why did you broadcast it to all?

Why not just message him privately? 

Either way you were caught  ( again) in your dishonesty you have zero proof for your claims do you ?
    Aarons_Big_Ego
  • maxxmaxx 1134 Pts   -  
    imagine that. I could care less of what you ask. @Dee
    Dee
  • maxxmaxx 1134 Pts   -  
    like i wrote in my previous reply to you. i reserve judgement. Too big of a coincidence. I agree with the content of your original reply. however you strayed from the topic as i wrote it. I am not asking if or how much the media is biased. If you wish to continue  the debate, then return to my OP and read it again and address the questions as i asked them. Is the media out-of-hand  by delving into bad news and not letting the stories drop, continuing to play it up for days, many  times longer; while good news hardly be told once?  does the constant bad news that they play up contribute to copy cat crimes? should the media be held accountable? @Aarons_Big_Ego
    Dee
    if you wish to return to the debate, then do so. If not go to someones elses post. Let me ask you a question and see if you lie. are you roberto and rpbert wedge head, the person who got banned. It will be easy to check. arrong can check the IP address. @Aarons_Big_Ego
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

imagine that. I could care less of what you ask

I don't have to " imagine" anything actually , you were caught making a false accusation you've been caught and you best response is " I could care less" 

Well I know that because you're just here to troll 

• maxxmaxx 1134 Pts   -  
    This is not even about you. so why re you flapping your jaws? This is the last time i will ask you; debate my issue or go elsewhere. I have already explained my actions several times and if you continue badgering me about it, then it is you whom is the troll. I'd agreed with your content when you first answered. If you wish to expand on it, then do so. if you want to change your stance, then do so. This is why you are a lousy debater. You keep runing around in circles, talking about everything but the issue. Nothing on here concerns you but the actual topic. Last time, either return to the issue or find another post. @Dee
    Dee
  • DeeDee 5395 Pts   -  
    @maxx

So you have still zero proof to support your false allegation and your best " out " is to deflect, dodge and play the injured party , same ole Maxx ......

Here is the false allegation you have zero proof for clearly proving you're out for fight not debate ......

Maxx said .........

nice copy and paste.  you should have given credit to the author. i read that eleswhere @Aarons_Big_Ego

Where did you read it? Why don't you apologise for your blatant dishonesty?

Aarons_Big_EgoJohn_C_87