frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is ever okay to accept violence?

Debate Information

I was wondering what anyone thinks about this.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• theinfectedmastertheinfectedmaster 145 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Yes. I think occasionally it is.

If someone is coercing you to do something bad, and they're threatening to beat you up, and you have no way out, then just learn to accept the violence. Also, if you're fighting for change, I think you should, too.
  • BarnardotBarnardot 532 Pts   -   edited April 2023
    @theinfectedmaster ;Also, if you're fighting for change, I think you should, too.

I think your totally right there because I work real hard and when I came home a couple of nights ago the place was a real mess and the dishes hadn't been done and the meal wasn't very hot so I thought that I better fight for a change. I didn't fight to hard but my wife decided to take 2 days off work because her face didn't look to good but the good thing is that she changed and started cleaning up.

• John_C_87John_C_87 Emerald Premium Member 864 Pts   -   edited July 2023
    @theinfectedmaster
    Do you understand on a Consitutional level your are also asking if it is okay to heal as if we do not reject violance we are then denying the healing process?
    Not to complicate the grievance you are creating in the question "Is it ever okay to accept violance"? A direct answer is We the people must deal with human violance and liberty must be take or given to be relieved of the burdens of violance. if you're fighting for change, I think you should, too. In America the United States Constitution givers the people a right to always seek the best way to make a connection to established justice as a starting point

• jackjack 453 Pts   -   edited April 2023
    Argument Topic: Is it ever okay to accept violence?

Hello the:

I dunno what you mean..  Do I accept OTHER peoples violence against OTHER people??  No, but ain't nothing I can do about it.   Do I accept violence towards me or my family?  No, but that's something I CAN do something about.

We're a violent species..  Have been ever since we came down from the trees.  Don't be fooled by somebody wearing a fancy suit and driving a nice car.   Nothing has changed except our clothes. 

excon

• BarnardotBarnardot 532 Pts   -   edited April 2023
    @jack ;Nothing has changed except our clothes.

Well I like to think that we have changed. For example I very really beat my wife because usually I rationalize with her and then she accepts what she did was wrong then do some thing about it. In the old days men would just beat there wives up all the time and the wives didnt know what there done and they will do it again so it would just keep on going on.

So if you look at it in the big scale look at Russia and Ukraine. Even a dumbo knows that Russia is going to keep beating the dog mess out of Ukraine until they give up. Then the Ukrains will learn not to do it again and stop being so stbborn so they will be better people in the end.

• iedziedz 7 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Aceitar ou reconhecer que naquele momento não existem meios válidos que para lidar com aquilo de forma 100%?

Estamos sujeitos a lidar com várias violências, ou seja elas, físicas, verbais ou psicológicas. Quando estamos lidando com esse tipo de situação, não aceitamos pois encontramos injustiça nela. O que entra em questão de fato é, como lidamos com isso? Depende do emocional, dos pensamentos, das experiências e do que acreditamos. EU NÃO ACEITO A VIOLÊNCIA, mas reconheço as minhas limitações. 
  • iedziedz 7 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Accept it or recognize that, at that moment, there are no valid means to deal with it 100%?

We are subject to dealing with various kinds of violence, whether it is physical, verbal, or psychological. When we are dealing with this kind of situation, we don't accept it because we think there is injustice in it. The question is, how do we deal with it? It depends on the emotional, the thoughts, the experiences, and what we believe. I DO NOT ACCEPT VIOLENCE, but I recognize my limits.
  • jackjack 453 Pts   -  
    @jack

Jack, you're literally such a moron it's entertaining reading your posts

Hello hater:

Awww poor fella..  Got your butt hurt, huh??  Well, that happens to autistic people..

excon
  • @iedz
    How is there injustice in Boxing and contact sports?
  • theinfectedmastertheinfectedmaster 145 Pts   -  
    @iedz I mean like you learn to tolerate it, like it if someone is pressuring you to do something bad.
  • JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 828 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Examples

Here are a few examples of justified violence:

1. Self-defense: The use of force in self-defense or in defense of others may be legally and ethically justifiable if it is reasonably necessary to protect oneself or others from imminent harm.

2. Military intervention: Military intervention in cases of war, self-defense against an aggressor, or protecting vulnerable populations against human rights violations may be legally and ethically justifiable under specific international law and in extreme circumstances.

3. Resistance to oppression or tyranny: When peaceful means of protest have been exhausted, and a government or other authority is systematically violating human rights and systematically oppressing its citizens, some argue that violence may be justified as a means of resistance.

iedz
  • BarnardotBarnardot 532 Pts   -  
    @JulesKorngold ;Here are a few examples of justified violence:

Okay but what about when a woman goes off her brain ay you just over little things like wearing your shoes in the house which is totally irrational so you give her one across the face. Sure thats violent but isn't it being defensive against her behavior and wouldn't it shut her up and stop being so off her brain. So there for it would be justified.

• JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 828 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: What's Your Occupation?

@Barnardot
    Are you a fact-checker for Fox News?

• BarnardotBarnardot 532 Pts   -  
    @JulesKorngold ;Are you a fact-checker for Fox News?

No I used to knock off chickens every day then I got escalated to management level because I drive the fork now and stamp the delivery dockits and you have to pass safety exams for that. So Im climbing up the corporate ladder and you cant do that in news rooms especially Fox because that out fit is going down the drain any way.

• iedziedz 7 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Rules and limits

@John_C_87

Todos os desportos de contacto têm regras, se alguém quiser participar sabe o risco que está a correr, que seria "agressão física". Tomemos, por exemplo, o caso de Prichard Colon, o homem que ficou tetraplégico. Não foi só um soco no nariz, acabou com a carreira e a vida dele.

E também, vamos usar o futebol que apesar de ter contato por causa da força e velocidade. Isso não explicaria um jogador sair morto.

Há uma palavra que se chama "proposital", quando você faz algo porque queria e achou conveniente. Mesmo que seja em uma situação que aconteça inevitavelmente, podemos pertencer quando há malícia ou malícia.
  • iedziedz 7 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Mentality

@theinfectedmaster

Compreendo o seu ponto de vista, porque a todo o momento somos pressionados a fazer algo com que não concordamos.

Isso envolve o lado profissional ou pessoal?
  • iedziedz 7 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: That's right

@JulesKorngold Isso mesmo
  • BoganBogan 449 Pts   -  
    All societies everywhere are committed to reducing violent behaviour among their own communities.     There are exemptions to that rule which generally relate to self defiance of self, or the defense of others from violent attack.    In Muslim countries, the murder of young women who "bring dishonour" to the families by refusing to obey their fathers is commands, is one form of violence tolerated, because it is a way that these male dominated societies maintain their male dominance.

We live in a paradoxical world.     People who use violence for personal reasons in real life within communities are condemned.   Yet violent on screen heroes get public acclaim.     So too, in wartime, those who kill the most enemies are considered heroes.     .    
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    Argument Topic: Violence is not only acceptable, it's the default

Violence has solved more problems in the World than all other problem solving methods combined.  Violence in 2023 is a part of everything that we do, it's in play every day.  We depend and rely on it, expect it, use it, need it, and overall we love it.  We simply pretend that we don't and we disguise it very effectively so that we don't have to think about it.

The majority of the ideas on Violence are not only wrong, but they're the extreme opposite of what is correct.  "Violence doesn't solve anything" isn't just wrong, it doesn't just miss the mark, it's so wrong that it's dangerous.  Violence, in fact, solves literally everything and I'd challenge anyone to give an example of a problem that you could solve without bringing, using, or relying on violence in any way.
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".

• BoganBogan 449 Pts   -  
    @Vaulk ;  Vaulk quote      Violence has solved more problems in the World than all other problem solving methods combined. 

Looks like you read Starship Troopers?      The disabled army veteran teacher in the book tells his high school class something almost identical.