frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Should Palestinian Refugees Be Granted The Right To Return To Their Original Homes In Israel?

Debate Information

The question of whether Palestinian refugees should be granted the right to return to their original homes in Israel or forfeit this right to live in a Palestinian state is a controversial and complex issue.

Proponents of the right of return argue that it is a fundamental human right enshrined in international law, and that the Palestinian refugees who were forced to flee during the 1948 Arab-Israeli war should have the right to return to their homes and land in what is now Israel. They assert that not granting refugees the right of return is a form of injustice and discrimination, and that it is the responsibility of the Israeli government to facilitate that process.

Those against the right of return argue that the mass return of Palestinian refugees to Israel would result in demographic changes that would undermine the existence of a Jewish state. They argue that if Israel accepted millions of Palestinian refugees, it would no longer be a Jewish-majority state, and this would undermine its existence and lead to the displacement of its citizens. Moreover, it would be challenging to assess who would qualify for the right of return and the sort of compensation they could receive.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• JulesKorngoldJulesKorngold 828 Pts   -  
    Security risks associated with integrating a large number of Palestinians are a major concern for Israel.
    Factfinder
  • FactfinderFactfinder 706 Pts   -  
    @JulesKorngold

First let me say I agree with you where the sudden change in demographics is concerned. It is a threat to Jewish society. On a human and emotional level yes, it is complex issue. In times of war however things can get real simple, real quick. People either stand and protect what's theirs or they do not. Seems to me there are no guarantees in this world so simply blaming the victors whom you could have fought side by side with, is a cop out. They left rather then to fight because they wanted the muslim invaders to prevail. Or they could have sighted with the Arabs even, but abandoning is abandoning no matter how we look at it. This following their refusal to the proposal of a two state solution, Arab and Israeli one year prior. The Palestinian people made their choices from back then every step of the way up to electing Hamas to govern them. I know I don't have to tell you this but who's deaths do Palestinians cheer? I wonder why all the oil rich Arabs don't help their Palestinian brothers out with infrastructure help as opposed to guns, missiles and pay offs for child suicide bombers.
    JulesKorngold