frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

In this Debate

Could We Provide Stunt Work to the Terminally Ill?

Debate Information

@BonitaVanhooser ;Basically, I am here to discuss why industries like Hollywood are not making movies for cancer patients or survivors.

I think that if you care to look around you will see that there are more movies about cancer patients and survivors than any others. 

For example, Love Story, A Walk to Remember, A Little Bit of Heaven, Irreplaceable You, Patch Adams.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if there were a talent agency set up to provide terminally-ill cancer patients highly paid work as stunt actors?

Think about it. One of the highest costs faced by movie producers is insurance premiums, especially for stunt actors. The insurance could be wavered and stunt people under this scheme could receive double the income of non terminally ill stunt people. 

Up the ante a little bit more and I'm sure that these actors could double that income again by agreeing to perform "extra dangerous" stunts. What have they got to lose?

Should the inevitable happen then I'm sure that the production company will gladly provide a clip of the unfortunate scene in slo mo Hi Res. It would certainly look great to play back at the funeral service. And also, think of all the costs of palliative care, drugs, the slow painful agony and the ongoing grief suffered by family and friends if a patient goes full term.

Do you think this could be a goer?

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• BarnardotBarnardot 532 Pts   -  
    @Swolliw Well I really reckon that you are really taking the mikey and being really insentsitive here because people who become health challenged are going through a lot and so are there families. Even if you were trying to be funny then your got a funny way about being funny. Why dont you go to the cancer wards in the hospital and look at cancer patience. There is no way in the world that you can put them on the top of a fast moving train or make them fall off saloon roofs.
    I reckon it would make better sents if we made convicted child molesters and pedofiles do the stunt work and if they die or get mamed then so what they deserve it any way.