frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

There is no god, true?

Debate Information

Propose so called arguements or evidence for god and i will attempt to refute it.
kmelkevolution17billpassedawaketowhereEvidence
  1. Live Poll

?

14 votes
    1. True
      28.57%
    2. False
      71.43%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• kmelkevolution17kmelkevolution17 95 Pts   -  
    God is real. There is no scientific evidence or data on who or what crated the universe.
    melanielustm_abusteitEmeryPearsonZombieguy1987
  • SuperSith89SuperSith89 170 Pts   -  
    Consider infinity first.  Is anything in our existence infinite?  Maybe pi, but that's more a concept than a natural law.  Otherwise, everything in the universe if finite.  We end, planets and star end, etc.  Now if nothing can be infinite, then take the law of cause and effect to the Big Bang Theory.  Everything has a greater cause to have sent it in motion.  The big bang had a larger cause.  Then that cause has to have had a cause.  Then another cause and so on.  This is not possible in a finite universe.  There is a start, whether you believe in evolution or creation.  The law of thermodynamics fits that statement by saying matter cannot be created or destroyed.  Thus, nothing could not have made something.  On board so far?  Now look at this chain that caused our universe to exist.  There must be a start from an infinite being outside of time and space that does not follow the laws of a finite universe.  

Let's also look at DNA.  It literally is a long string of instructions on making humans, correct?  Why?  Why does it have to be that way?  What does a creator need to have?  Instructions on how to make humans.  After the first one, DNA is made as code by something else to further create more humans.  This idea fits to us as well.  Can a computer start a process without humans starting it?  No, we have to code it first and set it off.  We create computers to do just that.

The universe itself also proclaims the existence of a creator.  The Earth being in the perfect spot to not freeze or burn up.  How impossible are those odds?  How impossible is it for the universe to exist by the BBT?  Well here is the chance of you existing: http://io9.gizmodo.com/5858043/how-unfathomable-were-your-odds-of-coming-into-being.  The universe itself?  Mathematically, a creator has better odds than sudden existence through natural causes.  

I have more if interested.   
    anonymousdebaterEmeryPearson
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    Firstly, the "Big Bang Theory" is just that, it's a theory.  Theories cannot be factual by definition therefor nothing that is currently theorized can be known as empirical truth.  Secondly, the "Laws of thermodynamics" used to consist of the 0th, 1st, 2nd and 3rd laws and now only consists of the 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics.  This speaks enough on it's own in regards to how solidified these Laws were and are.  Scientific Laws are ever changing IE Newton's Laws of Physics.

Thirdly, Time is purely a Social construct and we have already established that the natural world does not necessarily respect the idea of time, the Special Theory of Relativity states that it is impossible to say in an absolute sense that two distinct events occur at the same time if those events are separated in space.  This alone stands as reason to believe that the beginning and end of anything in the natural world is relative and even then we're not certain to any degree of how accurate we can be with this. 

Lastly, Scientists have proven time and time again that the origin of life was directly influenced by intelligent design.  This was done through experimentation when Scientists attempted to recreated the theorized circumstances during the primordial soup.  Top Scientists were actually able to take RNA and create life in a thimble full of liquid.  Granted it was bacteria essentially but life none-the-less.  Some Scientists would say that this is proof that "Life found a way" where the rest of the sensible world would say "We told you it took brilliance and intelligent design to make it happen".  Scientists proved that it could not be replicated as a stand-alone procedure, it took the best Scientists in the world to influence and force life from a soup.

SuperSith89anonymousdebaterEmeryPearson
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".

• billpassedbillpassed 146 Pts   -  
    I agree with @SuperSith89.
    SuperSith89EmeryPearson
    @billpassed and I agree with you, that you agreed with me *fist bump*
    DebateIslandEmeryPearson
  • EvidenceEvidence 814 Pts   -  
    Consider infinity first.  Is anything in our existence infinite?  Maybe pi, but that's more a concept than a natural law.  Otherwise, everything in the universe if finite.  We end, planets and star end, etc.  Now if nothing can be infinite, then take the law of cause and effect to the Big Bang Theory.  Everything has a greater cause to have sent it in motion.  The big bang had a larger cause.  Then that cause has to have had a cause.  Then another cause and so on.  This is not possible in a finite universe.  There is a start, whether you believe in evolution or creation.  The law of thermodynamics fits that statement by saying matter cannot be created or destroyed.  Thus, nothing could not have made something.  On board so far?  Now look at this chain that caused our universe to exist.  There must be a start from an infinite being outside of time and space that does not follow the laws of a finite universe.  

Let's also look at DNA.  It literally is a long string of instructions on making humans, correct?  Why?  Why does it have to be that way?  What does a creator need to have?  Instructions on how to make humans.  After the first one, DNA is made as code by something else to further create more humans.  This idea fits to us as well.  Can a computer start a process without humans starting it?  No, we have to code it first and set it off.  We create computers to do just that.

The universe itself also proclaims the existence of a creator.  The Earth being in the perfect spot to not freeze or burn up.  How impossible are those odds?  How impossible is it for the universe to exist by the BBT?  Well here is the chance of you existing: http://io9.gizmodo.com/5858043/how-unfathomable-were-your-odds-of-coming-into-being.  The universe itself?  Mathematically, a creator has better odds than sudden existence through natural causes.  

I have more if interested.   

I agree, but can you tell me more how God exists?

Is God infinite, you know, like you mention Pi .. goes on and on, ..
    Or is Infinite God?

What do you mean by "universe", .. the Poster Erthisflat has some really good points, even evidence that this BB-Universe thing was just made up to hide God!?
    Anyway, can you please tell me more about your God?
    Could you prove He exists, .. scientifically I mean?
    Nice to meet you SuperSith89, I'm new here!
    Propose so called arguements or evidence for god and i will attempt to refute it.

God is The Conscious Infinite Mind/Spirit as in "I Am".
    Infinite, by reason is also Eternal.
    Since Infinite is borderless, nothing or no one can exist besides, or outside of Infinite-God.
    Infinite-God is NOT existence, or some "being", instead He is (as Paul Tillich put it) "The Ground of Being".
    The Bible is a good source for "supporting evidence" of God, Exodus (example; Moses speaking to God) and John chapter 1 explains who God is, and how Infinite God began His creation, the existence/beginning of All things.
    Hello noblemonkey, it is my pleasure to meet you.
    EmeryPearson
  • riddle12riddle12 22 Pts   -  
    if you (or me) don't believe about god existence, just one way to prove it. If we die, can we see Him or not? 
    EmeryPearson
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    @evidence, in regard to your question:

Evidence said:

The idea of proving that God exists scientifically is not possible due to the very nature of Science.  I've posted this a few times so I'll just recap it shortly.

Science is the study of the natural and physical world.  God is in the realm of the Supernatural.  If it's not apparent why you cannot prove the existence of God Scientifically then I have but to offer this:

Supernatural means "Attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature".

By this we can all agree that it is simply not possible to use Science to prove or disprove the existence of God.  Trying to use Science to prove or disprove God would be like trying to use Geology to prove or disprove the existence of wormholes in space...the subject is irrelevant to the study.
    EmeryPearson
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

• ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    @Vaulk with science, we can disprove the other theories, such as big bangism and evolution, leaving us with no other viable option but creationism
    EmeryPearson
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat,

You are absolutely right that with Science we can disprove other theories, in fact the disproving of Scientific Theory is one of the steps in the Scientific Method depending upon the outcome of experimentation.  However, the disproving of a Scientific Theory does not make the theory false...this is where it gets tricky.  The entirety of the Scientific principles regarding falsifiable theories and the subsequent processes following a theory test failing to meet the prediction are lengthy and that's a huge understatement so suffice to say the following:

In Science, there is never just one theory in any regard.  The fewer the possible theories, the more likely it is that the strongest theory presented is correct.  When a theory is tested (They're tested constantly, even the ones theorized decades ago) and the results are not as predicted...the theory isn't necessarily wrong or false.  When Scientific Theory tests out against the prediction then the person conducting the experiment either tries again or adjusts the theory.  In some cases, the theory becomes known as "Superseded" or "Obsolete" but even then the theory isn't necessarily dead, it can easily be considered "Incomplete" by the scientific community.

But to get back on track here, disproving theories like "The Big Bang Theory" and the "Theory of Evolution" doesn't necessarily leave the only remaining option to be creationism. Scientists are constantly searching for ways to trace a linear history back to the beginning...even though I doubt it's possible.  I'm a Christian and I'd like to think that I'm pretty reasonable and with a basic understanding of Science I can easily see how many Scientists don't accept creationism or even intelligent design ideas.  It's simply beyond Scientific understanding.  Imagine a Scientist explaining the Scientific Order, Kingdom; Phylum; Class; Order; Family; Genus; Species, but then someone suggests that they missed a classification...one that supersedes that order, one of a supernatural origin.  How would a Scientist even begin to classify God?
    EmeryPearson

• awaketowhereawaketowhere 30 Pts   -  
    How can there be a god as he presents so much hate? He hates children, babies, he hates gays and wants to stone them to death. He hates women. But he does love raped women which in turn is hating them. Wow. That's a lot more than half the planet. 
    EmeryPearson
    @Evidence It is much harder to prove God that to prove He created the universe.  Really the debate here is proving there is one.  God Himself cannot really be fully proven and takes faith to believe in.  Can I bring you my evidence, ie: miracles?  Sure, but it won't do much as it would take you committing yourself to believe.  
    EmeryPearson
    @awaketowhere Where are these verses you speak of?  Surely not the old testament.  Those were thousands of years ago and most laws made in there were part of an old covenant.  When Jesus dies and rose again, He had fulfilled every law of the OT.  They do not bind to us anymore.  Also, the verses commanding women to stay quiet during the NT was only being addressed to one church.  Also, the women back then were to sit separately and would yell and ask their husbands what the preacher meant.  They did that because they wren't taught to read then.  Paul merely told them to stay quiet and keep questions for outside the church.  

Again, bring any verse, but remember historical context as you should for any book.   
    EmeryPearson
    god hates children...

Ezekiel 9:6 “Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.”

Lamentations 4: 9-11 "They that be slain with the sword are better than they that be slain with hunger: for these pine away, stricken through for want of the fruits of the field. 10 The hands of the pitiful women have sodden their own children: they were their meat in the destruction of the daughter of my people. 11 The LORD hath accomplished his fury; he hath poured out his fierce anger, and hath kindled a fire in Zion, and it hath devoured the foundations thereof."

Matthew 10:37 “He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.”

Judges 21:10 “And the congregation sent thither twelve thousand men of the valiantest, and commanded them, saying, Go and smite the inhabitants of Jabeshgilead with the edge of the sword, with the women and the children.”

2 Samuel 12:11-14 11 Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun. 12 For thou didst it secretly: but I will do this thing before all Israel, and before the sun. 13 And David said unto Nathan, I have sinned against the LORD. And Nathan said unto David, The LORD also hath put away thy sin; thou shalt not die.14 Howbeit, because by this deed thou hast given great occasion to the enemies of the LORD to blaspheme, the child also that is born unto thee shall surely die. [The child dies seven days later.] This has got to be one of the sickest quotes of the Bible.  God himself brings the completely innocent rape victims to the rapist.  What kind of pathetic loser would do something so evil?  And then he kills a child!  This is sick, really sick!

Deuteronomy 2:34 “34And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain:”

Numbers 31:17-18 “17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. 18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.”
    ---- a different translation ----

Numbers 31:17-18 "Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man."

Leviticus 26:21-22 “And if ye walk contrary unto me, and will not hearken unto me; I will bring seven times more plagues upon you according to your sins. 22 I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children, and destroy your cattle, and make you few in number; and your high ways shall be desolate.”

Ezekiel 9:5-7 “And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity: 6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house. 7 And he said unto them, Defile the house, and fill the courts with the slain: go ye forth. And they went forth, and slew in the city.”

1 Samuel 15:3 “3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling , ox and sheep, camel and .”

Hosea 13:16 “Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.”

Hosea 9:11-16 “As for Ephraim, their glory shall fly away like a bird, from the birth, and from the womb, and from the conception. 12 Though they bring up their children, yet will I bereave them, that there shall not be a man left: yea, woe also to them when I depart from them! 13 Ephraim, as I saw Tyrus, is planted in a pleasant place: but Ephraim shall bring forth his children to the murderer.

14 Give them, O LORD: what wilt thou give? give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts. 15 All their wickedness is in Gilgal: for there I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings I will drive them out of mine house, I will love them no more: all their princes are revolters. 16 Ephraim is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no fruit: yea, though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb.”

Exodus 12:29-30 "And at midnight the LORD killed all the firstborn sons in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sat on the throne, to the firstborn son of the captive in the dungeon. Even the firstborn of their livestock were killed. Pharaoh and his officials and all the people of Egypt woke up during the night, and loud wailing was heard throughout the land of Egypt. There was not a single house where someone had not died."

Exodus 21:14 -17 "But if a man come presumptuously upon his neighbour, to slay him with guile; thou shalt take him from mine altar, that he may die. 15 And he that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death. 16 And he that stealeth a man, and selleth him, or if he be found in his hand, he shall surely be put to death. 17 And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.”

Isaiah 13:15-18 "Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children."

Matthew 2:16 “Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently enquired of the wise men.”

Exodus 21:17 “And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.”

Leviticus 20:9 “For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.”

Mark 7:10 “For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:”

Matthew 15:4 "For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death."

Matthew 10:21 “And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.”

Judges 11:30-40 “Jephthah killed his young daughter (his only child) by burning her alive as a burnt sacrifice to the lord for he commanded it.”

Psalms 137:8-9 Prayer/song of vengeance “0 daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us. Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.”

2 Kings 6:28-29 “And the king said unto her, What aileth thee? And she answered, This woman said unto me, Give thy son, that we may eat him to day, and we will eat my son to morrow. 29 So we boiled my son, and did eat him: and I said unto her on the next day, Give thy son, that we may eat him: and she hath hid her son.”

Deuteronomy 21:18-21 “If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.”

Judges 19:24-29 “Behold, here is my daughter a maiden, and his concubine; them I will bring out now, and humble ye them, and do with them what seemeth good unto you: but unto this man do not so vile a thing. 25 But the men would not hearken to him: so the man took his concubine, and brought her forth unto them; and they knew her, and abused her all the night until the morning: and when the day began to spring, they let her go. 26 Then came the woman in the dawning of the day, and fell down at the door of the man's house where her lord was, till it was light. 27 And her lord rose up in the morning, and opened the doors of the house, and went out to go his way: and, behold, the woman his concubine was fallen down at the door of the house, and her hands were upon the threshold. 28 And he said unto her, Up, and let us be going. But none answered. Then the man took her up upon an , and the man rose up, and gat him unto his place. 29 And when he was come into his house, he took a knife, and laid hold on his concubine, and divided her, together with her bones, into twelve pieces, and sent her into all the coasts of Israel.” To put it very bluntly this poor, young lady was murdered by her mate for being raped.

Exodus 12:29 “And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle.” repeat Oh I get it, so you as christians think its cool and rather polite for your grandson to be murdered for something that YOU did. Well if that’s the law of the land, then there would be nobody left alive. After all, anybody could make up anything they wanted to about anybody no matter how that didn’t even apply to them. And who’s to say if it would be correct? There wouldn’t be any witnesses to protect the innocent after all.

God killed, intentionally, every first-born child of every family in Egypt, simply because he was upset at the Pharaoh. And god caused the Pharaoh’s actions in the first place. Since when is it appropriate to murder children for their ruler’s forced action?

Joshua 8 God commanded the deaths of 12,000 men, women, and children of Ai. They were all slain in the ambush that was planned by god.

2 Kings 2:23-24 “And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. 24And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    You would think that God could understand that sometimes the youthful make childish jokes. Calling someone “bald head” is far from being worthy of death.

Leviticus 26:29 “And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat.”

Isaiah 13:15-18 15 “Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword. 16 Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished. 17 Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them, which shall not regard silver; and as for gold, they shall not delight in it. 18 Their bows also shall dash the young men to pieces; and they shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eye shall not spare children.”

Jeremiah 11:22-23 22 “Therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts, Behold, I will punish them: the young men shall die by the sword; their sons and their daughters shall die by famine: 23 And there shall be no remnant of them: for I will bring evil upon the men of Anathoth, even the year of their visitation.

Jeremiah 19: 7-9 7 “And I will make void the counsel of Judah and Jerusalem in this place; and I will cause them to fall by the sword before their enemies, and by the hands of them that seek their lives: and their carcases will I give to be meat for the fowls of the heaven, and for the beasts of the earth. 8 And I will make this city desolate, and an hissing; every one that passeth thereby shall be astonished and hiss because of all the plagues thereof. 9 And I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and they shall eat every one the flesh of his friend in the siege and straitness, wherewith their enemies, and they that seek their lives, shall straiten them.”

Jeremiah 51:22-26 “With thee also will I break in pieces man and woman; and with thee will I break in pieces old and young; and with thee will I break in pieces the young man and the maid; 23 I will also break in pieces with thee the shepherd and his flock; and with thee will I break in pieces the husbandman and his yoke of oxen; and with thee will I break in pieces captains and rulers. 24 And I will render unto Babylon and to all the inhabitants of Chaldea all their evil that they have done in Zion in your sight, saith the LORD. 25 Behold, I am against thee, O destroying mountain, saith the LORD, which destroyest all the earth: and I will stretch out mine hand upon thee, and roll thee down from the rocks, and will make thee a burnt mountain. 26And they shall not take of thee a stone for a corner, nor a stone for foundations; but thou shalt be desolate for ever, saith the LORD. (Note that after God promises the Israelites a victory against Babylon, the Israelites actually get their butts kicked by them in the next chapter.  So much for an all-knowing and all-powerful God.)

Lamentations 2:20-22 “20 Behold, O LORD, and consider to whom thou hast done this. Shall the women eat their fruit, and children of a span long? shall the priest and the prophet be slain in the sanctuary of the Lord? 21 The young and the old lie on the ground in the streets: my virgins and my young men are fallen by the sword; thou hast slain them in the day of thine anger; thou hast killed, and not pitied. 22 Thou hast called as in a solemn day my terrors round about, so that in the day of the LORD'S anger none escaped nor remained: those that I have swaddled and brought up hath mine enemy consumed.

Revelation 2:18-23 “18 And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;  19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.  20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.  21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.  22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.  23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.”

A child, age 6 for example who has stage 4 cancer, does not know what is happening to him/ her. Their cries are not heard, that they are in constant pain unless they are given sedatives/ pain killers, that they are terrified, that they are in an unfamiliar place (a hospital of some kind as an example), and are not home unless it is special circumstance, that they really do not understand what suffering is, but those around them probably do, etc etc etc.  

Oh and btw, YOUR god put children in that position of suffering to begin with which is 100% pure evil and hate. YOUR god absolutely loves to knowingly suffer, otherwise he would not create their situations for them to suffer.

And btw, I know that you know that you cannot contemplate suffering at all. Your precious jesus went through 12 hours, tops, of suffering. Some children go through decades of suffering. Your precious jesus had it easy. Now please do tell me what a child can possibly learn from suffering? Much less an adult? If you’ve answered nothing, you’ve answered correctly.

god knowingly creates children to be raped, beaten and tortured at the hands of their abusers... sometimes for decades. An example is daddy is sticking in his you know what inside of his daughter age 5 while punching her in the face twice per week for 15 years. To knowingly create children to suffer is 100% pure evil and hate at its finest. You can not get more evil than that with all the hate if you wanted to. Please DO NOT bring in the "Free Will" argument either because children DO NOT have the Free Will to escape from these monsters who commit these horrific acts. And god creates these children to suffer as well as these monsters to commit their unspeakable crimes to begin with. god must also love it, otherwise he would create these horrific events. Please DO NOT invent the excuse that "its not god's fault". Well yeah it is. Otherwise, god is NOT in control of everything, nor is he all knowing nor is he all powerful. Nor is god omnipotent. Nor does god care enough to not create these horrific acts. And the worst of the absolute worst is god is giving a greater value, a greater meaning to these monsters to commit these horrific acts while these children suffer at the hands of these savages who have no free will to SCREAM. God IS hate and evil. Pure and simple. So invent better excuses please. Sure, call me that I “hate” when it was just proven that YOUR god hates and nothing but. AND GOD MUST HAVE GIVEN THAT HATE TO ME AND ALL OF MANKIND. And yes, absolutely 100% that includes YOU by gum!!!!!!!! Wow. What a loving god huh? Pathetic, but typical smug christian ideal that doesn't work - ever - excuse on your part.
    In other words, god truly hates children which is a truly "duh "situation. The bible proves this time and time again. Also notice how children do not get to say a single sentence in the bible? Not one. Its like having your mouth glued shut for your entire childhood. That's the worst form of child abuse there is - to be neglected and ignored. And the bible does it so well. Sure god and jesus have stated that they love children or whatever, but that's not the same thing. Not by a longshot. How would you like it if someone spoke for you for your entire childhood and you could not say a single word on your behalf? Well, you'd naturally hate it. Also the bible is surely incomplete because there are no voices of children, there are no children talking or singing, or voices of them playing, when it is most assuredly required. How would you like it if you as an adult, who worked so hard for your children, as well you should, and they should always be the center of your life, were to find out that they were left out of your life? Well, once again you'd naturally hate it. And that's exactly what the bible and god has done in leaving children completely out of "their" most supposed sacred book of history that is supposed to engulf everything that was known within their supposed surroundings up until that special moment in time, and yet it completely ignores and neglects children. Well good job for the men who wrote the bible. Not---toooo---bright.

m_abusteitEmeryPearson
    god hates gays

Leviticus 18:22-30 “22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.  23 Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion.  24 Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out before you:  25 And the land is defiled: therefore I do visit the iniquity thereof upon it, and the land itself vomiteth out her inhabitants.  26 Ye shall therefore keep my statutes and my judgments, and shall not commit any of these abominations; neither any of your own nation, nor any stranger that sojourneth among you:  27 (For all these abominations have the men of the land done, which were before you, and the land is defiled;)  28 That the land spue not you out also, when ye defile it, as it spued out the nations that were before you.  29 For whosoever shall commit any of these abominations, even the souls that commit them shall be cut off from among their people.  30 Therefore shall ye keep mine ordinance, that ye commit not any one of these abominable customs, which were committed before you, and that ye defile not yourselves therein: I am the LORD your God.”

Romans 1:26-32 “26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:  27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.  28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;  29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,  30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,  31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:  32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.”

Ah yes, why don’t we all pass laws that should deny equality to those that are religious and believe in god? After all, it is they that hunt down the gays in numbers only with mammoth amounts of $$$$$ here in this country as they so lovingly trot their steps. Without their pathetic cowardly hateful religion, as god hates even children for jeez sakes, with their thankfully failing and fading numbers and $$$$$, yep, you can count on it, the issue of being gay here in this country would fizzle like a log cabin without the syrup and everybody who is gay would be accepted as being normal. Indeed it is religion and god that is highly abnormal because of all of its needless inspired hate. Now hate me all you want. That's exactly what your god demands.

Erfisflatm_abusteitEmeryPearson
    @awaketowhere

Believing in God or the creator does not mean believing a book that men wrote. Religion and theism are not necessarily the same.

It is a demonstrable fact that atheism is as much a dogmatic belief system as religion is. Don't believe me? I can name at least ten beliefs that atheists have based purely on the words of men.

m_abusteitEmeryPearson
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
    Has 0 to do with the fact that your god truly hates children or why your god truly hates gays. Can't you read? Ah yes, you don't have an answer, so what did you do as all goodie christians do? You tried, unsuccessfully to change the subject. It didn't work.  You also wonder why you have no friends or loved ones. And see, you wonder why I want to have nothing to do with you. 

Erfisflatm_abusteitEmeryPearson
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -   edited June 2017
    @awaketowhere

Not entirely if that was directed at me, but every word of it was logically fallacious.

"Has 0 to do with the fact that your god truly hates children or why your god truly hates gays. "

I've not claimed any God here, but I know I have never claimed the Christian God, or, more importantly, your interpretation of words from men describing that God.

"Can't you read? "

Self explanatory. If I were illiterate, we would be unable to have this conversation. 

"You tried, unsuccessfully to change the subject. "

Again, if this wasn't directed at me, disregard this. I was not discussing anything with you besides the debate topic:

There is no god, true?

" You also wonder why you have no friends or loved ones. And see, you wonder why I want to have nothing to do with you. "

Not too many times do I see this! Again, if this was directed at someone else, disregard.

You appear to be, as a few other atheists I know, a very sad little man. Open discussion can fix it. Let's  talk. You should know that I don't attend to church and I don't read the Bible. I am looking at this purely from a scientific point of view. 
    m_abusteitEmeryPearson

Wayne Dyer
    @awaketowhere Oh no, you better not be backwardeden from Debate.org.  If you are, look at everyone.  I've never received more ridicule and hate for being a Christian.  If not, then I found a twin of him...
    anonymousdebaterEmeryPearson
    @SuperSith89

That's a horrible place.
    EmeryPearson

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat Wasn't bad until he came along for me.  Actually here: http://www.debate.org/debates/god-is-either-exceedingly--or-he-does-not-exist/1/.  This was our debate.  Most the name calling is in the debate, but also the 102 comments as well as his rules.  
    EmeryPearson
    No Erfisflat it is not directed to you at all. It is directed to that know it all thing nothingness vibrator king noosed snot meat sow who actually knows nothing and yet he pretends he does supersith89 brainless cupid's love song in an Apache uniform for all the world to heathen unto. 
    Um no has 0 to do with why your god hates gays and children. Can't you read? Now say "duh" in front of the pity mirror. Jeez are you pathetic. All of the verses are provided form your hideous bible. And then some added truth. Oh I get it, you must think you are some type of psychologist? Lets play a game of poker and I will take every chip you've got before you would even sit down to the game. 
    You SPECIFICALLY ASKED me "Where are these verses you speak of?  Surely not the old testament." And I presented them unto you as well as from the NT. Like it really matters? 
    Actually it does matter. Because if you do not believe in the OT, then you do not believe in creation in 6 days, the great flood where god destroyed EVERY LIVING THING (sorry saving Noah and his family and 2 of each species is but chump change) exodus, the 10 commandments which is utter bull, the 10 plagues which is also utter bull, Sodom and gomorrah, etc etc etc etc. You don't believe in a word of it. 
    Ah yes people like you who CLEARLY  and DELIBERATELY misinterpret their bible's come up with their own excuses and doctrines to believe in it. And you still have the problem in proving that your god even exists. 
    EmeryPearson
    riddle12 said:
    if you (or me) don't believe about god existence, just one way to prove it. If we die, can we see Him or not? 

"No one has seen God at any time"
    God is Infinite like our mind is, we can put as many imaginary universes in there as we want, and it is still infinite.
    You cannot see my mind, just as I cannot see yours. The ONLY way you know me is through this Debateisland, .. in person I would reveal myself through the body I poses, using my voice.

ErfisflatEmeryPearson
    Vaulk said:
    @evidence, in regard to your question:

Evidence said:

The idea of proving that God exists scientifically is not possible due to the very nature of Science.  I've posted this a few times so I'll just recap it shortly.

Science is the study of the natural and physical world.  God is in the realm of the Supernatural.  If it's not apparent why you cannot prove the existence of God Scientifically then I have but to offer this:

Supernatural means "Attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature".

By this we can all agree that it is simply not possible to use Science to prove or disprove the existence of God.  Trying to use Science to prove or disprove God would be like trying to use Geology to prove or disprove the existence of wormholes in space...the subject is irrelevant to the study.

Isn't both Infinite and infinity a scientific fact?
    If we have anything "finite", it has to be in something, right? Like we were made to believe that the earth is a ball spinning through the vacuum of space IN a universe, which is expanding into "nothing" because gravity mixed in a vacuum supposedly causes expansion/inflation and more space, .. right!?!?
    Well, all this is possible in our Infinite mind, no matter how big the Big-Bangers tell us the universe is, or how fast and how long it has been expanding, we can imagine a million, and even a trillion of expanding universes in our mind and we never have any trouble with running out of 'space'.

You see, now you understand the meaning of the saying: "With God all things are possible", and your, mine, our mind is of God, He gave it to us when He created Adam, remember?
    ErfisflatEmeryPearson
    @Evidence It is much harder to prove God that to prove He created the universe.  Really the debate here is proving there is one.  God Himself cannot really be fully proven and takes faith to believe in.  Can I bring you my evidence, ie: miracles?  Sure, but it won't do much as it would take you committing yourself to believe.  

Yes my friend, well said both about God, and the "universe", .. proving there is one, .. the universe I mean??
    I see with my 10 inch Celestron; stars in the heaven above.
    Snake tongued NASA says that those stars, along with us here on flat earth are in an expanding vacuum caused by gravity?? Does that even makes sense,, .. you know, a vacuum expanding, and by all things because of this imaginary gravity?? Surely one must have "blind faith" to believe in that, right?

But I KNOW with absolute certainty that Infinite exists, simply because finite things exist, and a lot of "space" between these 'things', they must all exist in Infinite.

Can you think of something else that this imaginary expanding vacuum universe is expanding in?
    I KNOW Infinite exists, but some Professor may say: "No, infinite is just a concept. The universe is expanding into itself, nothing outside of it" .. and stuff like that.

I have EVIDENCE of God, I read somewhere that I was created in His image, and I verified this scientifically, so I know God as I know myself.

God bless you my friend, .. the real and Only Possible One!
    ErfisflatSuperSith89EmeryPearson