frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

The earth is flat

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• SilverishGoldNovaSilverishGoldNova 1201 Pts   -   edited August 2017
    Also I'm starting to think you're at entry level research. 
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
  • CovenyCoveny 419 Pts   -  
    Oh, the Earth isn't a ball, it's a giant egg rock? That's interesting. But we already know how time zones work on both models, we don't need a NASA Kids video. 
    Ya gravity doesn't create a perfect sphere, it's easy enough to research. No "we" don't. Time zones don't work on the flat earth model, and repeating that they do doesn't prove anything.

ErfisflatSilverishGoldNova
    @SilverishGoldNova Care to explain why TFES is a shill organization? 
    Because anyone who disagrees with them is a shill.

ErfisflatSilverishGoldNova
    Also I'm starting to think you're at entry level research. 
    Don't lie AGAIN, you haven't started to think...
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -   edited August 2017
    Coveny said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Coveny said:
    As you can't seem to figure out the problem, maybe a picture will help you. Look at the white lined "time zones" and tell me if that's what we see in the real world... take as long as you need. 

My point is that time zones don't work on the flat earth model. You didn't understand what I was talking about so I used your model to show you how time zones would not work on your model. That does not mean I agree with you map, or your model, that just means I understand you model better than you do, so I had to explain it to you.

PS you still haven't refuted that time zones won't work on the F.E. model you just dance around the point and attack me instead. I decided not to attack back this time, because when I do you tend to cry.

Time zones work perfectly on the flat earth model, and I'm pretty sure that you don't understand FET. You've proved that repeatedly. You should take your own memes advice btw.
    See exhibit A where the time zones would be circles rather than lines on the flat earth model. That does NOT work by what you see in reality. I understand it enough to know it doesn't work for multiple reasons, but I think you are confusing accepting and understanding. I do not accept it, even though I understand it.

@Coveny I didn't really see your argument there. No "circles aren't lines" anywhere. You've given a NASA sponsored elementary school explanation for the heliocentric change of time of day. I've explained it in detail. Both models have a circle of light on it. You can't shine a light on a ball and produce a "line". It's physically impossible. The light will be circular, since in your model, earth is a ball. This is yet another strawmen that does not prove curvature, and demonstrates your complete ignorance for BOTH models. 

" but I think you are confusing accepting and understanding. I do not accept it, even though I understand it."

Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
    Not saying it's true just because I think it, and it seems you don't realize I have pre-refuted your claims, rather, you just accuse me of using repetition fallacy. Umm, How many times do I have to say it? 
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
  • SilverishGoldNovaSilverishGoldNova 1201 Pts   -  
    Coveny said:
    @SilverishGoldNova Care to explain why TFES is a shill organization? 
    Because anyone who disagrees with them is a shill.

It's actually because it was founded by a guy who made a living mocking flat Earthers, aka Leo Ferrari. It is a controlled opposition group designed to distract people from the real flat Earth and make it seem . Yet again, I wouldn't expect 2 people who probably just started their research to know that. 

Erfisflat said:

@Coveny I didn't really see your argument there. No "circles aren't lines" anywhere. You've given a NASA sponsored elementary school explanation for the heliocentric change of time of day. I've explained it in detail. Both models have a circle of light on it. You can't shine a light on a ball and produce a "line". It's physically impossible. The light will be circular, since in your model, earth is a ball. This is yet another strawmen that does not prove curvature, and demonstrates your complete ignorance for BOTH models. 

" but I think you are confusing accepting and understanding. I do not accept it, even though I understand it."

If the sun is bigger than the earth and far away there are lines on a globe... not circle.

Try to understand my model, and while you are at it explain your model rather than ridiculing and insulting people. How does the flat earth have time zones as we see them in the world today?
    Erfisflat
    Not saying it's true just because I think it, and it seems you don't realize I have pre-refuted your claims, rather, you just accuse me of using repetition fallacy. Umm, How many times do I have to say it? 
    Once would be nice. 
    SilverishGoldNova
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    @Coveny you're no hope!

#globehead 4 lyfe
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
    Erfisflat said:
    @Coveny you're no hope!

#globehead 4 lyfe
    Ya @Erfisflat some people just have better meters than others, I have a good one so there's no hope I'm going to fall for your .

Coveny said:
    Erfisflat said:
    @Coveny you're no hope!

#globehead 4 lyfe
    Ya @Erfisflat some people just have better meters than others, I have a good one so there's no hope I'm going to fall for your .

Lol, you're too much. This is worse than two people on opposite sides of a room seeing an object between them from the same angle. 

Wayne Dyer
    Erfisflat said:

Ya the sun is bigger than the earth and much much further away than that. So the sun lights up half of the earth and creates a line at the edge of the curve. 

Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean it's not true.

Coveny said:
    Erfisflat said:

Ya the sun is bigger than the earth and much much further away than that. So the sun lights up half of the earth and creates a line at the edge of the curve. 

If you were to convert that ball to the azimuthal equidistant map (which is the only map used by the USGS), the results are the same. 

Wayne Dyer
    Coveny said:
    Erfisflat said:

If you were to convert that to the azimuthal equidistant map (the only map used by the USGS), the results are the same.

Wayne Dyer
    Erfisflat said:
    Lol, you're too much. This is worse than two people on opposite sides of a room seeing an object between them from the same angle. 
    Opposite sides of the room.... from the same angle. Oh really? Tell me how that works...

Yes I agree you have cognitive dissonance and don't want to admit your sky fairy isn't real. 
    Erfisflat said:
    Coveny said:
    Erfisflat said:

If you were to convert that to the azimuthal equidistant map (the only map used by the USGS), the results are the same.

No they aren't.

Also because I can't stand your lies. No azimuthal equidistant maps are NOT the only map used by the USGS. https://www.usgs.gov/products/maps/geologic-maps

You get so use to spouting easily provable lies that no one else calls you out on.

"No they aren't."

"Also because I can't stand your lies. No azimuthal equidistant maps are NOT the only map used by the USGS."

I can't stand morons who pretend they know it all, while linking some city maps...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_map_projections

From the source:

"Used by the USGS in the National Atlas of the United States of America.

Distances from centre are conserved.
    Used as the emblem of the United Nations, extending to 60° S."  (Far right)

Wayne Dyer
    Erfisflat said:
    "No they aren't."

"Also because I can't stand your lies. No azimuthal equidistant maps are NOT the only map used by the USGS."

I can't stand morons who pretend they know it all, while linking some city maps...

From the source:

The proof was the map with the circles did you miss that and need me to post is a 15th time? Ok SURE. The white circles are what times zones look like on the flat earth.

Oh look you went from "(the only map used by the USGS)" to "sed by the USGS in the National Atlas of the United States of America". Now what fallacy is that... oh ya I remember.

And you called me a moron... (this must be one of the personal attack @SilverishGoldNova never sees)

And yet somehow I'm the one who keeps getting accused of personal attacks, and using fallacies.... ROFL.

Coveny said:
    Erfisflat said:
    "No they aren't."

From the source:

The proof was the map with the circles did you miss that and need me to post is a 15th time? Ok SURE. The white circles are what times zones look like on the flat earth.

Oh look you went from "(the only map used by the USGS)" to "sed by the USGS in the National Atlas of the United States of America". Now what fallacy is that... oh ya I remember.

And you called me a moron... (this must be one of the personal attack @SilverishGoldNova never sees)

And yet somehow I'm the one who keeps getting accused of personal attacks, and using fallacies.... ROFL.

What's so funny is that you still think the sun produces "lines on a ball.

Wayne Dyer
    @Coveny ;

That line Is also a circle, unless of course you are arguing for a flat earth, in which case, I accept your concession.
    SilverishGoldNova

Wayne Dyer
    "Oh look you went from "(the only map used by the USGS)" to "sed by the USGS in the National Atlas of the United States of America"

Do you see any other (world map) projections being used?

And I never called you a moron. 
    SilverishGoldNova

Wayne Dyer
    Erfisflat said:
    @Coveny ;

That line Is also a circle, unless of course you are arguing for a flat earth, in which case, I accept your concession.
    I feel like all this time he has secretly conceeded or simply doesn't know what he's talking about.
    Erfisflat

@WoodenWood @Coveny So that I have now explained why TFES are shills, no matter how much you want to respond with a strawman, I would still like an explain to why we don't feel this supposed motion. 
    WoodenWoodfea

@WoodenWood @Coveny So that I have now explained why TFES are shills, no matter how much you want to respond with a strawman, I would still like an explain to why we don't feel this supposed motion. 
    I don't see why it matters at all. Maybe the secret is big enough to pay someone a sum (out of 20 billion) to throw the masses off track. Maybe they're just morons. I rarely visit the site, and when I do, it's usually not very factual or important. Like I said who cares.
    SilverishGoldNovaCovenyfea

Wayne Dyer
    Erfisflat said:
    I get that you find facts funny you don't need to publicly state it.
    Erfisflat
    Coveny said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Facts...

Wayne Dyer
    You do realize that the earth is supposedly 3 dimensional in your model, right?

Wayne Dyer
    Erfisflat said:
    @Coveny ;

Wait just a second ago you said it wasn't a line, now you've changed it to "The line is also a circle". At this point you've stated that a globe is the ONLY way to make time zone lines so I'll accept your concession that time zones are possible on the flat earth.
    Erfisflat
    Coveny said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Just because you see a drawing of a line, doesn't make it reality. Where is the curve man?

Wayne Dyer
    Erfisflat said:

And I never called you a moron. 
    I'm the one who posted a link to city maps... who were you calling a moron then?

Erfisflat
    Erfisflat said:
    @Coveny ;

I feel like all this time he has secretly conceeded or simply doesn't know what he's talking about.
    I have conceded that your never going to be able to figure it out. You boy Erfisflat just conceded that the globe does produce time zone lines, and I have proven the flat earth doesn't. Oh and he's doing a bunch of lying while he's at it trying to backtrack with all his fallacies and insults.
    Erfisflat
    When I take my trips for work where I fly in a airplaning doing 500+ mph per hour and I can walk around inside the plane, drink beverages, and it doesn't feel like I'm moving at all it's strange. It seems like I should be able to feel that speed, but I can't "feel" 500 mph per hour. I guess you haven't been in any vehicles and experienced this effect, and need to be told about it, it's cool I'm here to help teach you about reality.
    Erfisflat said:
    You do realize that the earth is supposedly 3 dimensional in your model, right?
    Yes, that's why it makes a line rather than a circle.
    Erfisflat said:
    Coveny said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Just because you see a drawing of a line, doesn't make it reality. Where is the curve man?
    The earth is curved, but light doesn't go around corners so only have of the ball gets lit up. Facts are funny right? ha ha
    Coveny said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Coveny said:
    Erfisflat said:
    The earth is curved, but light doesn't go around corners so only have of the ball gets lit up. Facts are funny right? ha ha
    Half of a ball is still a circle. I guess this is where you start attacking strawmen and playing semantics. Anything to protect that spinning ball.

Wayne Dyer
    Coveny said:
    When I take my trips for work where I fly in a airplaning doing 500+ mph per hour and I can walk around inside the plane, drink beverages, and it doesn't feel like I'm moving at all it's strange. It seems like I should be able to feel that speed, but I can't "feel" 500 mph per hour. I guess you haven't been in any vehicles and experienced this effect, and need to be told about it, it's cool I'm here to help teach you about reality.
    I've flown on a plane too, and it's harder to walk to the front than it is to the back. Not to mention a plane flying 500 mph on a ball would have to be on a constant descension, which you should feel.

Wayne Dyer
    I think he's got the fever. @SilverishGoldNova

Wayne Dyer
    Erfisflat said:

Half of a ball is still a circle. I guess this is where you start attacking strawmen and playing semantics. Anything to protect that spinning ball.
    It's a line on a ball just like you see on maps. Why is this a difficult concept for you people to understand? Flat earth time zones are circles, globe time zones are lines. On the flat earth model times zones lines do NOT WORK. Not "playing" any semantics, circles aren't lines.
    Erfisflat
    Erfisflat said:
    Coveny said:
    I've flown on a plane too, and it's harder to walk to the front than it is to the back. Not to mention a plane flying 500 mph on a ball would have to be on a constant descension, which you should feel.
    "harder to walk" so like you are walking 501 mphs per hours? Give it up, you can't "feel" motion when you are constantly moving in a direction, you only feel CHANGE in motion. Be that motion left, right, forward, forward and downward, blah, blah, yada, blah.
    Erfisflat said:
    I think he's got the fever. @SilverishGoldNova

You misspelled facts...
    Coveny said:
    Erfisflat said:

It's a line on a ball just like you see on maps. Why is this a difficult concept for you people to understand? Flat earth time zones are circles, globe time zones are lines. On the flat earth model times zones lines do NOT WORK. Not "playing" any semantics, circles aren't lines.
    I give up, you're too far gone. For any halfwit reading this, I've made my point, and yours has been refuted. Try again.

Wayne Dyer
    Next

Wayne Dyer
    @AlwaysCorrect have you conceded? The intelligent conversation here has gone a bit one-sided.

Wayne Dyer
    Coveny said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Coveny said:
    "harder to walk" so like you are walking 501 mphs per hours? Give it up, you can't "feel" motion when you are constantly moving in a direction, you only feel CHANGE in motion. Be that motion left, right, forward, forward and downward, blah, blah, yada, blah.

Nice cherry picking too.

Wayne Dyer
    Coveny said:
    I was talking about the alleged motion of the Earth spinning faster than sound, blasting around the sun at 66,000 MPH, which is intern blasting around a galaxy blasting around a magic "great attractor" faster than light, not an airplane. 

Erfisflat said:
    I give up, you're too far gone. For any halfwit reading this, I've made my point, and yours has been refuted. Try again.
    My point has NOT been refuted.

On a globe time zones are a line.

On a flat earth time zones are a circle

So time zones do NOT work on the flat earth. This has NOT been refuted or even address regardless of how many ad hominem attacks you do.
    Erfisflat
    And ever heard of centrifugal force? Dip a ball in water and spin it. The water flies off. But we are told water does not fly off the Earth "CUZ GRAVITUH", which can also be overpowered by a balloon or tiny magnet. Also @Erfisflat I've shown circle time zones can work fine. 

Erfisflat said:
    Coveny said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Coveny said:
    Nice cherry picking too.

No cherry picking. You said "harder to walk" and gave no reference to the airplane ascending or descending with your red herring. What difference does it make if it's "harder to walk" in one direction rather than the other? You don't feel the movement do you? You "shouldn't" feel the movement because that's how reality works. Rather than addressing my point, you went off on a tangent about one direction being more difficult that the other... so I referenced the 500 mph which is the POINT, and brought back the point of the topic which was feeling movement... which you can't when the speed is CONSTANT.
    Coveny said:
    I was talking about the alleged motion of the Earth spinning faster than sound, blasting around the sun at 66,000 MPH, which is intern blasting around a galaxy blasting around a magic "great attractor" faster than light, not an airplane. 
    500 mph or 66,000 mph it makes no difference you can't "feel" motion unless it's changing, and this is something anyone knows who's traveled in any type of vehicle. So I answered your question, and gave you a proof of my explanation. You have been refuted, I have proven that you would NOT "feel" the motion of the earth moving regardless of it's speed.
    SilverishGoldNova
This Debate has been closed.

DebateIsland.com

| The Best Online Debate Experience!
© 2023 DebateIsland.com, all rights reserved. DebateIsland.com | The Best Online Debate Experience! Debate topics you care about in a friendly and fun way. Come try us out now. We are totally free!

Contact us

customerservice@debateisland.com
Terms of Service

Get In Touch